150 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.langans.com/
- Phone: 2128695482
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Langan's offers a private room to host your next private party or event.
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday, Friday, Saturday in the Bar area starting at 10pm and live jazz Brunch on Sunday's from 12pm - 3pm!
- Public Transit: A,C,E,1,2,3 to 42nd Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street or private lot. A Langan"s parking voucher offers $15.00 for six hours of parking any time of the day for regular sized cars; $20.00 buys your SUV or 4x4 vehicle six hours of parking at any time of day.
A word from Langan's
Langan’s knows just what you want, great food and affordable prices in a fun and stylish atmosphere. That's why, for years, savvy New Yorkers have made Langan's their popular Times Square destination. Langan's has it all. Langan's is the perfect destination to meet up with friends and family. If you are looking to have a quiet relaxing drink or to watch your favorite team playing, Langan's will suite all your needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Langan's reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- worth itbangersnmashDined on 7/31/2014Very good for pre theatre, but getting from the dining area to the street thru the bar requires lots of pushing and squeezing thru the young crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we chose Langans!Mare1000Dined on 7/19/2014Celebrated our aunt's 80th birthday and the staff could not be any more pleasant and accomodating. Great service and food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Langans!GNNYDined on 7/10/2014Great service and menu variety at reasonable theater district prices. Active bar scene doesn't impinge on dining room atmosphere. Manager Terry always available and stops by to chat with us as frequent patrons.Special Features:
- Good pre-theater spotBklndfVIPDined on 7/2/2014We had a quick dinner before going to one of the theaters east of Broadway, and the location was very convenient. Service was very solid, food ranged from decent enough (fish and chips--good fish, bad fries) to rather good (scallops with a bit too much risotto). Although there are restaurants with better food in the area, it's a decent blend of price and quality.
- Wonderful Broadway PubTonyMichaels23VIPDined on 6/1/2014What Broadway Pubs have been at their best. Irish menu items are tops.Special Features:
- Good Food, Service and Prices.BuckmeisterDined on 5/17/2014Nothing fancy about the food. But it's good and reasonably priced. Service is always top notch. And the interior is very cozy and attractive. Those are the reasons we come here when we don't feel like dropping a bundle on dinner!Special Features:
- Frequent Stop in NYCCherylpd1Dined on 5/11/2014My husband and I have enjoyed dinner at Langan's several times. This time we brought along two of our daughters to the city to see a show on Mother's Day. We arrived way earlier than our reservation called for but were seated promptly in the empty dining room. The service was great, our dinner most enjoyable. Patrons continually arrived during our meal, but we had no problems holding a conversation. (In the past, we've also been seated out in the noisy bar area (as a bar area should be), and we've had fun sitting out there as well). Would definitely recommend for a casual meal (though choices range from appetizers to burgers and wraps to entrees) before or after a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to restaurantMaryAnnVIPDined on 5/10/2014If we are going to the theatre and need a little something beforehand, Langan's is always our go to place! Consistently good every time. Very comfortable restaurant and bar area.
- The following 175 reviews are from the Langan's reviews archive.
- Matinee lunchRhodroDined on 4/23/2014Langan's always tries to please. They are concerned about their customers. Food is only average. Service was friendly, but slow, though we had enough time to see our matinee. Food could have been hotter. Again, however, the staff was accommodating and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right off Time SquareiowagirlDined on 4/20/2014Ran in here after getting TKTS on Easter Sunday - made reservations through OpenTable. 2nd time I've been here. The restaurant is clean and spacious. Food is really good and prices are decent. There was a string bass player during our lunch. Nice, relaxing restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always loved Langan's ...PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2014Always loved Langan's ...Perfect for brunch, lunch/dinner before theatre ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow serviceDavidDined on 4/9/2014My lunch was a mixed experience. I saw some old friends there, which was fun. The food was good, though nothing exceptional. Burger was cooked to my liking. Big issue was the slow service; far too slow for a work-day lunch. Overall, however, I recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- NYC DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the food, the ambience and good wine!! If we're in New York ever again ... we'll definitely eat dinner here!!Special Features:
- Pressed for timeSIChrisDined on 4/1/2014We had dinner reservations for 5:30 and theater tickets for 7:00. The service was spendid - not rushed - efficient and we had plenty of time to arrive at the theater. Langan's menu not only satisfies those looking for "Irish dishes" but offers a well-rounded menu and generous portions.Special Features:
- Jazz brunchSummerwinterfanVIPDined on 3/30/2014Great Sunday jazz brunch. Seated next to musicians but could still chat just fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish gal loves this placemkdybqDined on 3/20/2014And LOVES Teri! We have been to Langan's four times over the past 6 years with our group. Outstanding service, great menu. Personal attention. We did not have Irish fare this time, but have before. It is grand. Most of our group had pasta dishes and loved them. We will return. A truly brilliant place to eat before the theater. Seafood is also top notch. I had scallops on lobster risotto. Two in party with lighter appetites loved the wraps. Have the Bailey's Creme Brûlée for dessert! YUM!Special Features:
- Great job on St. Party'sHibidaDined on 3/17/2014We had a great time and a great meal on St. Patricks day. Service was quick and efficient considering the madhouse atmosphere of the day. Food was really good. We were especially impressed as they held our table 15 minutes late on a day they could have turned the table at will.Special Features:
- Great Irish High Holy Day LunchcdanVIPDined on 3/17/2014Couldn't be happier that you screwed up, Open Table!!! Apparently this great Irish venue had stopped reservations on the Irish high holy day, likely due to their close proximity to parade route...and their long reputation for good hearty food and friendly services. I checked Open Table on the morning of March 17, and was very pleasantly surprised to see an opening at 1:15 pm for lunch. We got there and it was a mob scene, but a friendly, happy mob. Regardless of the error on OT's part, the manager and hostess could not have been more gracious in honoring our reservation. We waited at most 5 minutes and had a lovely, delicious, hot lunch (and cool brew!) served by a "couldn't have been nicer" waitress. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable FavoriteLindaDined on 3/12/2014We have been enjoying meals at Langan's either before or after the theater for many years. We always tell our waiter/waitress our time frame. The servers are attentive and engaging. They pace the meal perfectly so you're not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid pubMaryAnnVIPDined on 3/12/2014We go here often before or after a play for lunch, dinner or drinks. You can always count on a good experience.
- Good irish pubSueQDined on 2/27/2014Long bar makes a drink invitng on your way in, and the dining room is a surprise after the dark-wood bar, to find white tablecloths in a brighter room. Service was ok for lunch but not great. The menu was broad - the favorite irish specials as well as burgers/sandwiches and many appetizer choices. Something for everyone here, in a good irish pub.
- neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/24/2014a beautiful dining room, attentive wait staff, broad menu, and very good food make this a neighborhood gem and a restaurant to return to often. Very good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My reviewilovedining1Dined on 1/26/2014We went to Langan's because the concierge at our hotel recommended the jazz brunch. The food was really good, the ambiance & service were great & for NYC, the price was exceptional! Try it, you'll like it!Special Features:
- the luck of the IrishpatsyDined on 1/14/2014you will have this luck if you dine here. It was tasty and very pleasant. A great place before theater!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lucky OneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013My family and I were in town for New Year's Eve 2014 and since they let me do most of the planning I wanted dinner at a restaurant close to my preferred Ball Drop viewing area. Most of the establishments had high priced tickets for a "live" ball drop view, party favors and a celebratory drink, so I was quite pleased to find Langan's offering a special dinner at a reasonable price. Not only was the food FANTASTIC but we were give champagne and party favors that weren't mentioned upon reservation. While we did have to wait for about 45 minutes past our initial reservation time, it was well worth it. The food, the staff, and the atmosphere were ALL wonderful. I will definitely make it a point to go back to Langan's when I am in NYC again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep going backSheezDined on 12/28/2013this is about the 6th time for lunch here and it is always excellent. Make a reservation---they are busy because they are so goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average eventchiefDined on 12/22/2013Went here after Xmas show in NYC and had not been here in about 5 years. Seemed to have gone from a good Irish restaurant to and Irish bar with mediocre food. Service was good and even though one of the meals came out burned they immediately took care of it. Food overall was just not that good n presentation a bit sloppy. Would recommend for a group looking for different beers and bar foodSpecial Features:
- Best Bet in Times Square AreaPeggyCDined on 12/21/2013Consistently good experience at Langans - but the very best part are the warm and friendly folk who work there. They are totally commited to your comfort and welcome you as a new friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food in a friendky atmospChris2013Dined on 12/19/2013very friendly staff, good atmosphere, excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2013Went to New York for the day with my best friend and we had a wonderful dinner. She actually laughed that she ate her plate clean. Great service, nice atmosphere...very festive for the holidays.I've been there before and would go back again.Special Features:
- Good, but a better meal can be had.MattVIPDined on 12/10/2013Everything was fine, but you can do better for the same price in the neighborhood. Service wasn't particularly attentive (and we were in a hurry) and the dish that half of my 6-person party wanted (Chicken Pot Pie) wasn't available. The food we ended up getting was good.
- Great Corned Beef and CabbagehmrtravelerDined on 12/7/2013One of the best corned beef and cabbage dinners I have had. The corned beef was very lean and tender and the portions were very nice. I wish I could have tried their Reuben sandwich - if the corned beef is that is the same, it must be amazingly good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre- theater pub foodMarindocVIPDined on 12/3/2013We were seated in comfortable booth and served promptly by jovial waitperson. It was noisy but we could carry on conversation easily. Wedge salad was not divided as requested but amply serves two. Portions of salmon, short ribs and fish entrees as acallops, fish and chips were good sized and reasonably priced. Bar prices and beer, spirit selection were great. Waitress got us out in 1.5 hr. in time for theater performance. Cost ~ $70 per couple and good location a few blocks at most for all theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Radio City showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Great Time, good food and Good Service. Nothing Fancy but was a great place to go after the show. We had 8 people and reserved a table and we had plenty of room and were sat quickly the serves was great and so was the food and the prices were reasonable. topped off a great day. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Visiting NYC for Thanksgiving, we had the special menu it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Delicious Thanksgiving dinnerLuv2eat7Dined on 11/28/2013We ate at Lankans for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a very delicious, traditional dinner (three course prix fixe) at a decent price. Everyone in our party was pleased with their meals and our servers were especially attentive. It is a pub but there is a place in the back with booths and tables for dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving at Langan'sMacysDined on 11/28/2013We really enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal and experience at Langans. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was delicious and plentiful for the Thanksgiving holiday. It was great to come inside and enjoy the warmth at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place, especiallyMelanIeDined on 11/23/2013I love this place, especially the dining room where you can carry on conversations without intrusive loud music. Very friendly staff. I've enjoyed myself on every occasion.mSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2013Me and my friends had a great dinner at Langan's before theater. The food and service was great. I would recommend this place for outdoor dining especially before theater.Special Features:
- SurpriseMeq10Dined on 11/14/2013I picked this restaurant because it was close to the theater that we were going to. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.