Landry's Seafood House - San Antonio
517 N Presa St
San Antonio, TX 78205-2646Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Landry's Seafood House - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.landrysseafood.com/location-san-antonio.asp
- Phone: 2102291010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from Landry's Seafood House - San Antonio
Nestled along the beautiful River Walk in Downtown San Antonio, Landry’s Seafood is a Texas Gulf Coast legend. Located in the heart of the city, Landry's is centrally located near the many hotels and unique shops of the River Walk and just a short walk from the Alamo. A refreshment from Landry's extensive drink menu is the ideal complement to an evening on the waterway, and a dinner featuring fresh seafood, succulent steaks and mouthwatering desserts is the perfect highlight to an exciting day in San Antonio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Landry's Seafood House - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Landry's Seafood House - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)scenic view (27)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (21)good for groups (14)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (11)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Great Service & Good FoodDineDined on 9/6/2014The food was very very good. The service provided by Chad was excellent. His friendly demeanor made our dining experience enjoyable. Our first impression determines if we will visit a restaurant again. Thanks to Chad's excellent service we will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with Guests from Out of TownBr8945Dined on 9/6/2014Our friend from Dallas was staying at one of the hotels on the Riverwalk so we decided to dine a Landry's just a short walk away. We made reservations and requested a table by the windows which we were given when we arrived. We were promptly greeted by our server. Service overall was knd of slow, but the food was very good. I had the blackened snapper with blackened shrimp and crawfish topping. The girls had cedar planked shrimp and reported it was very good. At times there was a lot of noise form a band upstairs, but overall it was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Lovely late lunchJennieDined on 9/6/2014Landrys always does it right...delicious food, attentive service, and nice view of the riverwalk. Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Probally won't go backGuest36Dined on 8/31/2014It was over priced for what it was. One member did not get what they ordered. Too loud to have a conversation. Food was good and drinks where good.Special Features:
- OkayunhappyDined on 8/24/2014We were seated right near the check-in and the traffic was a little bad.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableShermVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a great meal with great service - good food, well-paced... Mahi special was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster or NotluvmypupsDined on 8/18/2014Great service. Very accommodating. Shrimp cocktail was delicious as was the seafood gumbo. However, very surprising that they serve lobster tails that are chewy and leathery. Not good at all. Had to send mine back and the second one was as bad as the first. They were not sweet and succulent as I would have thought for $32!Special Features:
- Yumcjm123Dined on 8/16/2014Love Landry's food. A little pricey, but the quality of the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experanceHudaDined on 8/10/2014The food was very good and waiter was helpful and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 2 by the riverBigWaltDined on 8/8/2014If your looking for a romantic spot for two and good seafood; must try. Great service... If u want a table by the river edge must be two ppl.. you can bring larger party but next to river seats 2 per table... only thing that sucks is all the ppl walking by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Won Best Birthday Planner AwardFoodLoverDined on 8/2/2014My fiance had never been to a Landry's Seafood. I've never been to this location before but have visited the location in Lafayette, LA. I booked the reservation on Open Table and made a note of his 40th birthday and we were seated in the private dining area upstairs with a table viewing the river next to a window. We both ordered steaks and while my filet was overcooked, the server quickly resolved the problem. Dinner was delicious. The service was great. The ambiance was impeccable. It wasn't even my birthday and I wanted to cry :-) My fiance and I strolled out of there hand in hand and enjoyed the rest of our night thanks to Landry's. I couldn't have been happier with my choice.Special Features:
- Great DinnerChamolocoDined on 8/2/2014Landry's food quality is always great, and the river walk location was right on target. The restaurant was extremely busy due to an unexpected surge, yet they managed to take care of us, adequately informing us of unusual delays due to the surge. Thanks to Robert who took care of us and John the floor manager who made sure everyone was being attended to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Anniversary DinnerAdnorm08Dined on 8/2/2014We decided to have a nice Anniversary dinner at Landry's! Little did we know it would be the worst dinner ever! We got sat down at a nice window table of the Riverwalk and 25 minutes went by and not one person came to our table! Our waitress finally came up to say hi and got our drink order and we waited another 15 minutes for our drinks and garlic bread. We then gave our food order and waited over 40 minutes for the food! I'm not a huge seafood person so I ordered a filet mignon and it was the absolute worst filet I've ever had in my life! I'm not picky at all normally but this awful! We ordered bread pudding for dessert and it was so cold when we got it! We then talked to the manager and he just said sorry! That was it! Frustrating!!Special Features:
- HomesickcajunDined on 8/2/2014Food/service were outstanding. Great place to enjoy a meal with friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Food was not hot and dinner portions were rather small compared to Galveston and The Woodlands location.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFamilyTimeWellSpentDined on 7/26/2014We were in San Antonio and really wanted a great fish restaurant. Landrys was nestled in a beautiful section of the RiverWalk. We dined outside by the prettiest tree ever and had the most amazing meal. Our server was attentive and even the manager checked in on our dining experience. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Pleasure On All CountsRMR20Dined on 7/18/2014Wonderful service by our wait person Lindsey at Landry's in san Antonio. The food was outstanding. Not over seasoned so that the wonderful natural flavors of our seafood dishes were able to take center stage. We were further greeted near the end of our meal by the manager who was most kind and quite helpful. Kudos and easy 10's to all.Special Features:
- Great food and experienceRyanDined on 7/12/2014A Little pricey but still great. The crab cake appetizer was perfect, the red snapper was superb, and the desserts were devine. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Special OccasioncaacdmDined on 7/12/2014We went here for my wife's birthday prior to going to Howl at the Moon. It was an amazing view by the river and the food was delicious. They did not do anything for my wife's birthday though. I thought they would at least give her a piece of cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!!!!!!!4neffDined on 7/6/2014Superior stuffed crab! Broiled seafood platter was excellent! Love their mango margaritas! Very kid friendly! Our server was outstanding! The new manager is super friendly and loves to visit with customers! Outstanding Landry's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014Bottom line is that our service was bad and this was completely avoidable. There was no recognition of the Select program, wait times were long, etc. Just a frustrating visit. We will not return.
- Another winnerFreddieDined on 6/22/2014Great food, friendly staff, and good service...forth different Landry's location and the same great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On The RiverwalkDFWBobDined on 6/21/2014This location provides a unique dining experience especially for people watchers. You can dine right on the edge of the San Antonio Riverwalk. If you do choose to eat outside, you will have a constant stream of people passing by your table on the Riverwalk, as well as, boat riders on the river. This, and the noisy birds in the trees, all makes for a "very busy" atmosphere so if quiet casual dining is what you're looking for, you better eat inside. I had the filet and my wife had the lobster. Both were done correctly and very good. The service was well above average and the margaritas were excellent. Appetizers, salads, entrees, sides, desert and six cocktails for just under $150.00 for two. OpenTable reservation is the way to go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverwalk findmcfunVIPDined on 6/20/2014Went out to celebrate our anniversary. Had a great meal and enjoyed live music upstairs. Great night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014The food was good and the service was generally good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticpopomomolikesDined on 6/14/2014Our daughter booked us the reservation, this was my wife's and I first time here. It was romantic, beautiful romantic music from Joe Posada coming from the upstairs bar hit the spot. Our waiter Paul was exceptionally great, all waiters worked as a team and that was the awesome part. Everyone working at Landry's made sure customers were comfortable and didn't lack anything. Overall, we loved it and will definitely be returning for more great food and service!! Thank you for making our night comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family ManOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Great food. Great service. We will be going back whenever we are in San Antonio.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor service and foodRoadWarrior007VIPDined on 6/2/2014Sat at the table for 10 minutes and not acknowledged. Had to go seek out a server myself. Food was not hot. Had has to ask for items that should have been served without asking.
- Excellent choiceDavidDined on 6/1/2014This was the fifth or sixth time we had eaten at Landry's. The food is consistently good, and the service is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014We were extremely disappointed in Landry's. The food was mediocre but the service was so incredibly poor that even had the food been incredible it would have ruined the experience.
- Fun, Food & DrinksddixoncoderDined on 5/30/2014If you are looking for a spectacular place to take someone special, then "Landry's" is the place to go. Landry's has fantastic food, fabulous drinks and an energetic atmosphere. The entire family no matter what the age will have a wonderful time dinning at Landry's. Are you stuck in a rut and need a boost? Then you must dine at Landry's, not only for awesome food but for the explosive entertainment. The Rib-eye steak is to die for along with the loaded baked potato and the large bowl of fresh salad they place on the table. And you cant go wrong with the fried seafood plate and the lobster tail is one of the best money can buy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE CRAB CAKEPETERMEXVIPDined on 5/30/2014You can go to Landrys at the riverwalk for one of the best Crab Cakes in the city, really good.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodSMyrieDined on 5/27/2014Loved John our waiter- the bus boys were amazing/attentive and HARD working. Enjoyed the Mediterranean salmon it was the best salmon I've ever had. Customer Service was exceptional never seen anything like it (definitely not in Boston)Special Features:
- Yes...excellent food!!!LIZZYVIPDined on 5/25/2014We were so glad to dine here. The food was excellent. I would certainly come back.Special Features:
- GOOD SEAFOOD IN TEXASPETERMEXVIPDined on 5/25/2014Good seafood and service. Great happy hour with excellent prices and appetizers. Good option if you are in the neighbor .Special Features:
- Decline in qualityJL153Dined on 5/24/2014Very disappointed in the quality of food as it has greatly declined since my last visit in April 20013. Food was very bland with minimal seasoning and flavor. Stuffed mushrooms as appetizer was good, however.
- The following 38 reviews are from the Landry's Seafood House - San Antonio reviews archive.
- Party reviewfun2getherDined on 5/23/2014I reserved through Open Table for a Medical School Graduation dinner. The table was prepared before we arrived and excellent waiters were assigned to us for the evening. The service was excellent and the waiters were very attentive, even taking photos for us!! The food was delicious and the portions were large!Special Features:
- Not what we expect from a Landry'sScarterDined on 5/17/2014We booked a last minute reservation as the River Walk was packed. We were seated quickly in a very dark booth. The waitress even stated that she would work on the lighting as she didn't like to eat in the dark. It remained dark. The food was very bland but the price was not. I won't be headed back to this location.Special Features:
- Good, good, good, not great.JALTorontoDined on 5/17/2014Between the 3 of us, we sampled a few fresh fish dishes. Everything was good, but lacked the flair and the emphasis of fresh. Seafood covered in a little bit too much butter for example, or the stuffing too rich. Service was good. Although we did not partake, the desserts looked like they would be amazing!!Special Features:
- Needs workMrSteelToeDined on 5/11/2014The dishes were not clean and some of my food had little bugs like nets or something in it some of the food needs to be looked at more closely like the crawfish étouffée it was not made right I know this because I'm from the state that made it thank you and will not be going back there ever againSpecial Features: