Landry's Seafood House - New Orleans
400 N Peters Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Landry's Seafood House - New Orleans
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.landrysseafood.com/location-french-quarter.asp
- Phone: 5045580038
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from Landry's Seafood House - New Orleans
No trip to the iconic New Orleans French Quarter is complete without a visit to Landry’s Seafood. Taking its Gulf Coast roots from the great state of Louisiana, Landry's is no stranger to New Orleans cuisine and all that it has to offer. And since it's located just a few blocks away from notable French Quarter attractions such as Louis Armstrong Park, Woldenberg Park and the Riverwalk Marketplace, there's always something fun and exciting going on nearby. Stop by for a taste of Louisiana hospitality, quality seafood and the experience of one of the best restaurants in the French Quarter. You can even kick back with a refreshing Mango Mojito while taking in a view of the historic surroundings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Landry's Seafood House - New Orleans reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)hot spot (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good Food and Nice AtmosphereLovetoTravelDined on 10/17/2014This appears to be a well-known establishment in New Orleans. We had great food and service.Special Features:
- Not the best Landry'sNOLAVisitorDined on 10/15/2014I have been to other Landry's and they feel more upscale - this one in New Orleans feels too common, and I think it's the ambiance. However the food and service were on par with my expectations, and that's what matters. Well done!Special Features:
- AwesomeJulesDined on 10/8/2014This was our last dinner during our stay in New Orleans. Our server Nicole was fantastic! She made great recommendations, and was friendly and very knowledgable regarding the food and drinks! Food was outstanding! Had the Crawfish Bread appetizer, and the Redfish with the Ponchertrane topping! The mango mojito was fantastic too!Special Features:
- Family DinnerLaurDined on 10/4/2014The food was fair and the waiter wasn't the most attentive.Special Features:
- Noisy, clutterred and rapidAFoodReviewerDined on 9/20/2014We went for a great birthday dinner, and the food was just acceptable. The drinks were very good, though. Our table was located in front of the swinging kitchen doors. You couldn't help seeing in the kitchen doors and looking at the mess on the floors. There was little in the way of sweeping or clean-up in the kitchen including spilled ice from drinks. The entire staff seemed in a 'hurry' and it detracted from the desire to have a nice, relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Work dinnerDaddioDined on 9/16/2014Great food great service and not too busy.. The four if us had a great table there was a jazz band playing everything was prompt.Special Features:
- Good food / poor serviceCurtDined on 9/15/2014Very good food at Landry's. Unfortunately service was very poor. On a restaurant that was almost empty, the waitress paid very little attention to our party despite it being 10 people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decaturdal1Dined on 9/13/2014We were a group of 9 family and friends with reservations at 2:0PM. One of our party uses a wheelchair. We were easily accommodated. The staff was warm and welcoming. Our specific wait staff was friendly and helped with recommendations regarding food and drinks. We sampled the crawfish bread, fried green tomatoes: both excellent appetizers. The gumbo was really good (most of us are native New Orleanians so we know good gumbo) as were the red beans and rice. Our waitress suggested a combo plate of grilled fish/crawfish étouffée/jambalaya which was awesome. The portions were generous but not huge. We left full and excited about our great French Quarter find!Special Features:
- Fabulous Find!ChicagoDinerDined on 9/2/2014The seafood is soooo fresh and yummy! My waiter, M - was excellent and very attentive, the hostess was pleasant. They had live music and it was very nice and New Orleans. The prices are reasonable and the drinks - great! I highly recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:
- DeliciousAdroDined on 8/1/2014We really enjoy it, we have a great time with the family . My kids enjoy it tooSpecial Features:
- OkLuv2eatDined on 7/23/2014We went here because I thought it would be the equivalent, if not better to Oceanaire in my hometown in terms of food. I found that it was not the case. My family was very disappointed. I chalked it up to; you live, you learn.Special Features:
- Go for food not service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food is always great. The service never is. Every time I come to New Orleans I must stop at Landrys. The food is always great but the service is. The last time I came myself, and two families members sat at the bar to enjoy drinks and dinner. We are all of professional working fields and dress attire reflexed so. The bartender required us to leave a credit card on file for our tab before ordering. The most recent interaction was last weekend. I ordered three appetizers and within 25 seconds ask the waitress to cancel one of them. She stated she couldn't because they were about to come out. They appetizers were very late but good. There was no hand wash in the bathroom. I informed them. They placed a industrial gallon size bucket w soapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not accept Open Table Reser..WhyNoLikeyDined on 7/19/2014Had a reservation for 8:15, upon arrival they told me I had a 30-45 minute wait (same as the people walking up). So don't bother making reservations at this place because they do not hold them. No clue on food wince we did not eat there due to a 45 minute wait and them not accepting our reservation. Host was quite rude also.Special Features:
- Awesome for small birthday dinnerChassiJDined on 7/19/2014My brother and I decided to have our birthday dinner at Landry's, mainly because of past experiences that were awesome. As always, the service and food were spectacular. All in attendance enjoyed their meals and had a great time. We will definitely be visiting again, especially the French Quarter location. Also, we were late due to traffic and parking struggles, but the staff was very accommodating. Be sure to plan ahead for parking and traffic as NOLA is a BUSY city.Special Features:
- AwesomeChefbrendaDined on 7/15/2014My friend and I have tried a number of eating establishments since vacationing in New Orleans. We've enjoyed ourselves in most, but Landry's by far was the best. The food, service and ambiance was hands down....remarkable ! We'd return and recommend it to any and all our friends as well as to total strangers asking for advice .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRitaDined on 7/6/2014This was my second time at Landry's, once for lunch and then dinner. The food was fantastic both times and I will go again whenever I'm in New Orleans.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceGOLDENEYEDined on 7/5/2014We booked online during Essence Fest and was pleasantly surprised with how quickly we were seated once we arrived. Once seated our server was excellent and was attentive without being annoying. We even provided positive feedback to his manager. Great find on a crowded day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 66 reviews are from the Landry's Seafood House - New Orleans reviews archive.
- FitziefoodieDined on 6/21/2014My husband had the shrimp and grits, which were amazing. I had a BLT sandwich, with Moz cheese and it would have been excellent if the bread wasn't burnt.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okloveditDined on 6/19/2014They dropped our appetizer on the floor and we got all our food at once. It wasn't hot when it came out. Our services was good and bar items were pleasant.
- Landry's NOLAchewlaDined on 6/18/2014We went to Landry's because our friends were in from out of town and they are "members" . Server did not know beer list...came back 2 times to tell us they didn't have what she offered to us so it took a while to get drinks delivered. Had the Mahi Mahi blackened and it was really good. very large portion of fish- too big for me to eat, my husband had the crab cakes- mostly filler, his grits were decent, but my dirty rice was not very exciting- again too large of a portion. My green beans were very good tho- Another in our party had the fried oysters and let me try one- delish! but they only offer fried oysters with fries- i would have ordered them if they were served with different sides or over pasta.
- Luv2EatVIPDined on 6/17/2014Nicely accommodated a large group of 14. Everything looked great and what I tasted, great as well. Reasonably priced too.Special Features:
- I've always enjoyed the RestaurantSlugger77Dined on 6/15/2014My wife and I split the BBQ Shrimp and Crab Cake the flavor profiles mixed well but I would have preferred the dish more if they had separated the shrimp from the Crab Cake and pimento cheese grits( that we're great) and given us more of a New Orleans style BBQ sauce. But it was a very good flavor combination overall. And a few more shrimp for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was ok but specials not ok.LiajagVIPDined on 6/14/2014They had a shrimp and artichoke dish that had only 1 shrimp! It was definitely false advertising!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood classicPickyPatronDined on 6/7/2014Landry's in the French Quarter is always a winner. They have excellent food, and they are right in the heart of the French Quarter. As with most restaurants in the older buildings in that area, the noise level is rather high. The food is excellent. Even though the kitchen did not get my husband's order quite right, they made it right in the end and the manager adjusted the tab accordingly. The service is great. Call ahead for reservations for an evening meal as the line can be long at times.Special Features:
- Not goodKrisDined on 5/31/2014Will not be back the waitress messed up orders and then when brought our ticket she messed it up by over charging and then when we complained about she would not fix. Very displeased with her service. Then after that she took ticket back she still over charged us again was not satisfied at all!!!!!Special Features:
- Very goodKNelsDined on 5/30/2014Our server was fantastic. She have us some great recommendations. The food is fresh and the dessert was fantastic (banana foster sundae)! I will definitely come back when in New Orleans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!1foodfanVIPDined on 5/26/2014The BBQ shrimp are to die for! I'd fly back from CA just for those alone!Special Features:
- Landrys SeafooddsalDined on 5/24/2014Shrimp stuffed with crab was mostly bread. Crab cake appetizer was very good. Fried oysters were overdone, little flavor... told them to hold the french fires and asked for aparagas-- told there was an upcharge.. but a dollar a spear was a little much.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceMerlinaDined on 5/21/2014There were three people in our party. We all ordered steak. Our steak was ordered to our individual desires. We were all impressed and happy with our meal. Our server Keily was excellent. Would absolutely be back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitressCookieDined on 5/19/2014The food was good-great price but our waitress made it special. She was friendly, personable, and attentive even though she had abig party to serve. Arlyne CookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014Party of 9. Very busy but it was Saturday night. Waitress was very friendly and eager to please. Unfortunately, our order was screwed up by the kitchen but the manager took care of us. Loved the salad bowl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy we came...RDeLeonDined on 5/16/2014Came from Dallas with the "RT" convention, we showed up 30 minutes earlier than out table reservation and the ladies on the front desk were so accommodating and Mr. Charles (Chuck) is amazing, my goodness what an positively great experience! Thank you so much and we'll see you on our next trip to NOLA! :-)Special Features:
- A friendly and cozy dining spotadinersguruDined on 5/11/2014They honored our OpenTable reservation very well, on a holiday (Mother's Day). We got there 5 minutes early and they found us on their computer and had us seated by the time our reservation time arrived (on a holiday). Now that's impressive, considering that the restaurant appeared full with people waiting to be seated. Then our waitress was so friendly. She made us feel like pleasing us was very important to her. The food was excellent, and we didn't feel rushed to finish to make space for folks coming behind us. Although we were courteous and did not overstay, it was nice not to feel rushed. Landry's is a great tourist attraction, but it caters well to us locals as well. An excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day At Landry'sSusieDined on 5/11/2014We were a party of seven on Mother's Day. The restaurant was busy, but we had so much fun that it was almost like home. We brought a cake in because it was my Mom's birthday. (She is 85 years old)! Our waitress set it up on a small table beside our large one. She cleared all the used plates and brought dessert dishes. It was really good service. All in all, it was a delicious afternoon.Special Features:
- Good timesktNbryDined on 5/10/2014We love it here! The food is always great and we are not afraid to try new things here. I do wish they would shut the doors in the evening. Everything else is just perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a Great Dining ExperienceHeavenlyEatsDined on 5/9/2014Overall a great dining experience. The food was exceptionally prepared and presented. The atmosphere was very comfortable yet classy. Our server was kind, friendly, and genuinely seemed to care about our needs; but either lacked experience or skill because the service left something to be desired.The MahiMahi I had seemed dry and overcooked. On the other had, the dirty rice was so good I could have made a meal out of only it. Also the cocktail I ordered was a adequately sized if not more than for the price; and was great tasting. The crawfish bread is also definitely something worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimboraVIPDined on 5/4/2014The food was very good, reasonably priced and the portions ginormous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceYumNomNomDined on 5/4/2014I live in New Orleans and most times I try to avoid "chains". Landrys proved me wrong. Food was authentic, tasted great, and service was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Graduation celebrationSMBrownDined on 5/3/2014We had a party of 12 and went there to celebrate my brother's graduation. We were initially told the wait would be 45 mins to 1 hr. It turned out to be only about 15 mins. The waiter was fantastic. Food was good. Enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service problems during jazzfestSusanDined on 4/26/2014Good food but they had trouble serving large group. Our food took a Long time to arrive.I would recommend this to a friend.