Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
3015 Oak Lawn Ave
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.warwickmelrosedallas.com/
- Phone: (214) 224-3152
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mike Pacheco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private dining area can seat up to 21 guest comfortably.
A word from Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
Landmark Restaurant at The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas is proud to showcase the culinary talents of one of the finest culinary teams in Dallas. The chef has assembled a Landmark Restaurant culinary team that has recently been honored with the DiRoNA award, the AAA 4 diamond award and the 2007 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. In a city that boasts the highest number of restaurants per capita in the nation, this mark of distinction ranks The Landmark Restaurant as one of the top 10 restaurants in the city. Serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and a spectacular Sunday Champagne Brunch, The Landmark Restaurant is an experience you won't want to miss while in Dallas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Advertised as a great Sunday brunch, but ...AggieclipperDined on 11/16/2014Was looking for a nice Sunday brunch for a special weekend. A really nice restaurant and hotel, but sure not what I would call a Sunday brunch. The menu for "Sunday Brunch" was the standard weekly menu with the standard breakfast choice. So I overpaid for a breakfast that was noting more than I would get at Waffle House. $4.50 for a glass of OJ, really?
- MsbtxVIPDined on 11/12/2014All servers were great! Previous lunch menu reviews were accurate--the Thai Chicken Salad is very good and a beautiful presentation. My husband also had a bowl of the soup of the day: steaming hot asparagus -- beautiful presentation in a large white bowl and great for taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Classy RestaurantTheReviewDined on 11/11/2014Service is very cordial. The food was excellent and tasty, including the presentation. Romantic setting. Classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new chef?Billy525VIPDined on 11/11/2014We eat lunch here once a week and are always very pleased with the food and service. Yesterday, the service was outstanding, as usual, but we remarked that there must be a new chef as our food's taste and presentation were both lacking a bit. Time will tell.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was overpriced and food had no flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/6/2014The food was ok and was expensive! My fiancé had the filet that was overcooked and dry. The potatoes that we ordered as a side were cold. The service was slow and there was no atmosphere. I would not recommend eating here!
- LIZZIEDined on 11/6/2014We were going to the opera and they were very cooperative in getting us out on time and our meals, duck & a fish were delicious as was the salad.Special Features:
- A memorable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I live in the neighborhood and often have drinks in the Library bar, but this was my first time to eat at the Landmark. This was possibly the best food I've ever had at any restaurant anywhere in Dallas! The clam chowder and creme brulee were just outstanding, and everything we had was wonderful. Wines are reasonably priced as well. Polite, friendly service...we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- wonderful Asian chicken saladBilly525VIPDined on 10/30/2014Wonderful food (Asian chicken salad is a must!), wonderful service, and a convenient location. What more could you ask for a nice lunch?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLoveDiningVIPDined on 10/27/2014My husband & I both had salads. I added salmon to mine which was perfectly cooked, flaky & moist. Both salads had wonderful flavor and we are picky about our salads. Good for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedHappyDinerDined on 10/23/2014Booked reservations for wife's birthday without reading reviews. I decided to read the reviews on the day of and saw a few that made nervous about my decision. Night turned out great. Service was outstanding and food was great. Was disappointed that there was no music in restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business LunchLonestarVIPDined on 10/21/2014The service is courteous, thoughtful, and prompt. The food is very good, and the noise level is perfect for business lunch. The shrimp and grits is a must try and is perfect for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, lively lunchBilly525VIPDined on 9/22/2014As always, food and service were wonderful. The restaurant was quite busy (especially for a Monday), which was nice to see.I would recommend this to a friend.
- another lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 9/2/2014The manager greeted us so warmly, you'd think we were his family. Food was excellent and service was brisk. No complaints for yet another lovely lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise- Hidden gem!AmandaDined on 8/23/2014I had never been to Landmark inside the Warwick Melrose Hotel and decided to put it on my list for restaurant week. I went with 3 other people and upon arrival were promptly greeted by the hostess and seated. For a Sat night during restaurant week it was almost deserted. The decor was very modern and pleasing. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive but not overly so. Since there was 4 of us we basically ordered 1 of everything from the restaurant week menu. I really enjoyed my pork tenderloin that was very flavorful and I tried my friend's fish stew which was very mild and delicious. Dessert wasn't spectacular but good. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyable business/lunch destination. Very pleasant staff with attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A viable option with great serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 8/4/2014Today, I decided to try the breakfast, I had wanted to sample a couple of the items, on the regular breakfast menu and not from the weekend brunch. My order was cooked to my very exacting request. The waiter and hostess were both very cordial and accommodating, making this a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understated but elegantDiningoutVIPDined on 7/30/2014I was welcomed in a very gracious way and this was the prevailing item of note though lunch. My visits here have been limited and few, but being called by name indicates a sharpness not found too often. Its the hotel setting that makes this a priority, where repeat business is their forte. I opted for a very traditional item slightly modified to my taste and the result was excellent. Hats off to the staff for being constantly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 337 reviews are from the Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas reviews archive.
- lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 7/21/2014Hostess and manager greeted us warmly and made us feel quite at home. The club sandwich is delicious, but the French fries (made on site) are what really makes it a delicious (if not sinful) treat! Quite lovely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CelebrationLandmarkLoverDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner there to celebrate our anniversary and a birthday. The service was wonderful, personal and friendly. The food was very tasty and inventive. We had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- another wonderful lunchBilly525VIPDined on 7/3/2014Club sandwich was fabulous (fries, too), but the real treat was the Roasted Cauliflower soup. Service was fantastic. I've seen a true change in this restaurant over the past months and it is all positive. Highly recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmikoDined on 6/29/2014The restaurant was lovely. Ian, the waiter, was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was bad, server excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I had the steak which was ordered medium. It was dry, tough and way overdone ($36). My fiancée had the rack of lamb which had very little meat on the bone ($38). The next time we stay at the hotel, we will skip this place and find one of the many surrounding restaurants. We were also told the only reservation available was 8:30pm. When we arrived, we were the 3rd party in a very empty room. As this was a Saturday evening, this should have been a clue. Our server was great.
- food was O.K.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Had the pork chops. Brined, all I could taste was the salt....
- very nice lunchBilly525VIPDined on 6/23/2014My co-worker and I were greeted by the Landmark's lovely hostess today with a hug! You can't beat that for customer service. Ian, our server, was friendly and efficient, another plus. The sandwiches we ordered were perfect, and all-in-all, it was a very nice lunch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary brunchCL62213Dined on 6/22/2014Went here for our first anniversary brunch and it was great!Special Features:
- lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 6/16/2014I was happy to see the Landmark return to OpenTable after a brief absence. Today's lunch was absolutely lovely. The food was delicious. The service was the best I have had at the Landmark, and I have eaten here on many occasions! I was not only warmly greeted by the manager, but he continued to check on me throughout lunch. I would highly recommend you trying the restaurant for lunch, if you have not already done so. I will be back soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- On oasis in OaklawnDiningoutVIPDined on 6/12/2014Surprisingly elegant in decor, this room is great for feeling you are surrounded by history with some modern touches. The lunch menu had some nice offerings, all reasonably priced. I had wanted to come here for some time, but the restaurant had been offline for weeks due to technical issues. Service was generally good, but I had trouble communicating with one of the busboys. If they were really busy this could be an issue. I had ordered something crisp but failed to convey that properly since the item was not crisp when it was delivered. The items by friends had seemed less substantial than my own, but they seemed happy with their choices. The hostess was very cordial and made me feel as if I were a long-time regular customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night outGoodeaterDined on 6/10/2014Met three girlfriends at the Landmark for dinner. The atmosphere was great, and it was quiet enough for us all to hear one another. One reason is because the bar is in a separate location. We had good, friendly service, and the food was very good. I am gluten free, so the waiter said that he would tell the chef to take extra care in preparing my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchkathrineDined on 6/7/2014Fantastic champagne brunch on Sundays! Seared scallops and eggs Benedict with mimosas!! My husband had steak and eggs cooked medium rare...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COMPLIMENTS THE HOTELLouisDined on 3/21/2014My wife and i enjoyed are selections. Food prepared to our liking. Little pricey, but no compliments the server provided us with an excellent red with our dinner. We were there for a wedding sorry we could no recommend the restaurant. in Dallas for three days. LouSpecial Features:
- Not up to par!teejayVIPDined on 3/13/2014I am a big fan of Kent Rathbun's, and when he helmed this restaurant, everything was impeccable; not any more. I had the shrimp and lobster gnocchio, which was lukewarm, bland and salty. I am typically easy to please, but this was not a lucky night for me. I would have to say that my dinner was amost inedible, but we were rushed for time because we had a concert to get to and I didn't have enough time to reorder. It makes me sad that such a great restaurant in a fabulous hotel, has declined to this point. We probably will not return to this restaurant, but will take advantage of the many restaurants surrounding it. I am a travel agent, and I don't feel I can recommend this restaurant to my clients.Special Features:
- Great Birthday MealDinnerVIPDined on 3/11/2014Wonderful meal...staff wasn't the most attentive but the service was more than acceptable. Great food...we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 3/10/2014Today was a bit brisk, with many tables full for lunch. From the valet service when we arrived, to the friendly good-bye of our hostess as we were leaving, it was a very nice lunch through and through. Well done, Landmark!I would recommend this to a friend.
- new reason to returnBilly525VIPDined on 3/5/2014I have been quite critical in the past about the Landmark, openly admitting that I only dined here for the 1000 OpenTable points. However, I can now honestly write that I return each week because the food is consistently good and the service is friendly and from the heart! Well done, Landmark! See you next week!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult to reserve, and specifyDiningoutVIPDined on 2/28/2014Running late for my reservation which was next to impossible to book, the restrictions the management has placed on dining makes just getting in a huge challenge. I called ahead and ordered, since they were about to close. My order was ready upon arrival but not as I specified. I have wanted to try this restaurant for quite some time, but based on the reviews, it seemed that guests have many issues. Today's trip just confirmed that problems exist. Exclusion of a single diner, just sends one message, that they don't care about the business. The setting is nice but the music was inappropriate and too loud for a casual dining experience. The specific bread I had ordered was not used in the preparation of my selection. Fries were soggy.Special Features:
- restaurant consistently improvesBilly525VIPDined on 2/25/2014VERY pleased with today's lunch. Food was excellent. Service was friendly and brisk. Overall, just an extremely pleasant lunch on a cold and gloomy day. Well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landmark - Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014Great place if you don't want it to noisy. After dinner you can go to the bar and enjoy great music. A great gem of a place to eat. I have never had a bad dinner there.Special Features:
- romantic atmospheresdp1980Dined on 2/14/2014Very nice decor-the food portions were small, but that's to be expected with four courses; I have tasted better restaurant food, but most may think otherwise. Great wine selection, staff is patient with a sense of humorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointend!!!DenverDined on 2/14/2014This was my first and LAST time to dine here. I pre planned a special Valentines dinner for my girlfriend and myself thinking that this would have been a great/romantic place to eat. Complementary Valet was very professional and quick to greet with nothing but smiles. Then welcomed and seated by a more than pleasant hostess. Atmosphere was spot on with what I pictured it to be like. Then everything else was down hill. Our terrible waitress hardly knew anything about the food that was being served and had a less than appealing look due to her oversized attire. She knew nothing about the wines that were paired with our courses. Lobster ravioli and an unripe pear with brie cheese warranted the same paring which was less than ok in my opinion.
- Has its own charmOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Very nice and friendly staff, but the place is dated and the food was sub-par compared to similarly priced restaurants. We went for Valentine's Day, and sadly, won't be coming back.