Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
3015 Oak Lawn Ave
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.warwickmelrosedallas.com/
- Phone: 2142243152x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Mike Pacheco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi private dining area can seat up to 21 guest comfortably.
A word from Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas
Landmark Restaurant at The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas is proud to showcase the culinary talents of one of the finest culinary teams in Dallas. The chef has assembled a Landmark Restaurant culinary team that has recently been honored with the DiRoNA award, the AAA 4 diamond award and the 2007 Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. In a city that boasts the highest number of restaurants per capita in the nation, this mark of distinction ranks The Landmark Restaurant as one of the top 10 restaurants in the city. Serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and a spectacular Sunday Champagne Brunch, The Landmark Restaurant is an experience you won't want to miss while in Dallas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (7)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Lovely, lively lunchBilly525VIPDined on 9/22/2014As always, food and service were wonderful. The restaurant was quite busy (especially for a Monday), which was nice to see.I would recommend this to a friend.
- another lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 9/2/2014The manager greeted us so warmly, you'd think we were his family. Food was excellent and service was brisk. No complaints for yet another lovely lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise- Hidden gem!AmandaDined on 8/23/2014I had never been to Landmark inside the Warwick Melrose Hotel and decided to put it on my list for restaurant week. I went with 3 other people and upon arrival were promptly greeted by the hostess and seated. For a Sat night during restaurant week it was almost deserted. The decor was very modern and pleasing. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive but not overly so. Since there was 4 of us we basically ordered 1 of everything from the restaurant week menu. I really enjoyed my pork tenderloin that was very flavorful and I tried my friend's fish stew which was very mild and delicious. Dessert wasn't spectacular but good. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyable business/lunch destination. Very pleasant staff with attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A viable option with great serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 8/4/2014Today, I decided to try the breakfast, I had wanted to sample a couple of the items, on the regular breakfast menu and not from the weekend brunch. My order was cooked to my very exacting request. The waiter and hostess were both very cordial and accommodating, making this a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understated but elegantDiningoutVIPDined on 7/30/2014I was welcomed in a very gracious way and this was the prevailing item of note though lunch. My visits here have been limited and few, but being called by name indicates a sharpness not found too often. Its the hotel setting that makes this a priority, where repeat business is their forte. I opted for a very traditional item slightly modified to my taste and the result was excellent. Hats off to the staff for being constantly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 7/21/2014Hostess and manager greeted us warmly and made us feel quite at home. The club sandwich is delicious, but the French fries (made on site) are what really makes it a delicious (if not sinful) treat! Quite lovely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great CelebrationLandmarkLoverDined on 7/18/2014We had dinner there to celebrate our anniversary and a birthday. The service was wonderful, personal and friendly. The food was very tasty and inventive. We had an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- another wonderful lunchBilly525VIPDined on 7/3/2014Club sandwich was fabulous (fries, too), but the real treat was the Roasted Cauliflower soup. Service was fantastic. I've seen a true change in this restaurant over the past months and it is all positive. Highly recommend!I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmikoDined on 6/29/2014The restaurant was lovely. Ian, the waiter, was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was bad, server excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I had the steak which was ordered medium. It was dry, tough and way overdone ($36). My fiancée had the rack of lamb which had very little meat on the bone ($38). The next time we stay at the hotel, we will skip this place and find one of the many surrounding restaurants. We were also told the only reservation available was 8:30pm. When we arrived, we were the 3rd party in a very empty room. As this was a Saturday evening, this should have been a clue. Our server was great.
- food was O.K.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Had the pork chops. Brined, all I could taste was the salt....
- very nice lunchBilly525VIPDined on 6/23/2014My co-worker and I were greeted by the Landmark's lovely hostess today with a hug! You can't beat that for customer service. Ian, our server, was friendly and efficient, another plus. The sandwiches we ordered were perfect, and all-in-all, it was a very nice lunch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary brunchCL62213Dined on 6/22/2014Went here for our first anniversary brunch and it was great!Special Features:
- lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 6/16/2014I was happy to see the Landmark return to OpenTable after a brief absence. Today's lunch was absolutely lovely. The food was delicious. The service was the best I have had at the Landmark, and I have eaten here on many occasions! I was not only warmly greeted by the manager, but he continued to check on me throughout lunch. I would highly recommend you trying the restaurant for lunch, if you have not already done so. I will be back soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- On oasis in OaklawnDiningoutVIPDined on 6/12/2014Surprisingly elegant in decor, this room is great for feeling you are surrounded by history with some modern touches. The lunch menu had some nice offerings, all reasonably priced. I had wanted to come here for some time, but the restaurant had been offline for weeks due to technical issues. Service was generally good, but I had trouble communicating with one of the busboys. If they were really busy this could be an issue. I had ordered something crisp but failed to convey that properly since the item was not crisp when it was delivered. The items by friends had seemed less substantial than my own, but they seemed happy with their choices. The hostess was very cordial and made me feel as if I were a long-time regular customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night outGoodeaterDined on 6/10/2014Met three girlfriends at the Landmark for dinner. The atmosphere was great, and it was quiet enough for us all to hear one another. One reason is because the bar is in a separate location. We had good, friendly service, and the food was very good. I am gluten free, so the waiter said that he would tell the chef to take extra care in preparing my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchkathrineDined on 6/7/2014Fantastic champagne brunch on Sundays! Seared scallops and eggs Benedict with mimosas!! My husband had steak and eggs cooked medium rare...perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 324 reviews are from the Landmark Restaurant - The Warwick Melrose Hotel Dallas reviews archive.
- COMPLIMENTS THE HOTELLouisDined on 3/21/2014My wife and i enjoyed are selections. Food prepared to our liking. Little pricey, but no compliments the server provided us with an excellent red with our dinner. We were there for a wedding sorry we could no recommend the restaurant. in Dallas for three days. LouSpecial Features:
- Not up to par!teejayVIPDined on 3/13/2014I am a big fan of Kent Rathbun's, and when he helmed this restaurant, everything was impeccable; not any more. I had the shrimp and lobster gnocchio, which was lukewarm, bland and salty. I am typically easy to please, but this was not a lucky night for me. I would have to say that my dinner was amost inedible, but we were rushed for time because we had a concert to get to and I didn't have enough time to reorder. It makes me sad that such a great restaurant in a fabulous hotel, has declined to this point. We probably will not return to this restaurant, but will take advantage of the many restaurants surrounding it. I am a travel agent, and I don't feel I can recommend this restaurant to my clients.Special Features:
- Great Birthday MealDinnerVIPDined on 3/11/2014Wonderful meal...staff wasn't the most attentive but the service was more than acceptable. Great food...we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 3/10/2014Today was a bit brisk, with many tables full for lunch. From the valet service when we arrived, to the friendly good-bye of our hostess as we were leaving, it was a very nice lunch through and through. Well done, Landmark!I would recommend this to a friend.
- new reason to returnBilly525VIPDined on 3/5/2014I have been quite critical in the past about the Landmark, openly admitting that I only dined here for the 1000 OpenTable points. However, I can now honestly write that I return each week because the food is consistently good and the service is friendly and from the heart! Well done, Landmark! See you next week!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult to reserve, and specifyDiningoutVIPDined on 2/28/2014Running late for my reservation which was next to impossible to book, the restrictions the management has placed on dining makes just getting in a huge challenge. I called ahead and ordered, since they were about to close. My order was ready upon arrival but not as I specified. I have wanted to try this restaurant for quite some time, but based on the reviews, it seemed that guests have many issues. Today's trip just confirmed that problems exist. Exclusion of a single diner, just sends one message, that they don't care about the business. The setting is nice but the music was inappropriate and too loud for a casual dining experience. The specific bread I had ordered was not used in the preparation of my selection. Fries were soggy.Special Features:
- restaurant consistently improvesBilly525VIPDined on 2/25/2014VERY pleased with today's lunch. Food was excellent. Service was friendly and brisk. Overall, just an extremely pleasant lunch on a cold and gloomy day. Well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landmark - Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2014Great place if you don't want it to noisy. After dinner you can go to the bar and enjoy great music. A great gem of a place to eat. I have never had a bad dinner there.Special Features:
- romantic atmospheresdp1980Dined on 2/14/2014Very nice decor-the food portions were small, but that's to be expected with four courses; I have tasted better restaurant food, but most may think otherwise. Great wine selection, staff is patient with a sense of humorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointend!!!DenverDined on 2/14/2014This was my first and LAST time to dine here. I pre planned a special Valentines dinner for my girlfriend and myself thinking that this would have been a great/romantic place to eat. Complementary Valet was very professional and quick to greet with nothing but smiles. Then welcomed and seated by a more than pleasant hostess. Atmosphere was spot on with what I pictured it to be like. Then everything else was down hill. Our terrible waitress hardly knew anything about the food that was being served and had a less than appealing look due to her oversized attire. She knew nothing about the wines that were paired with our courses. Lobster ravioli and an unripe pear with brie cheese warranted the same paring which was less than ok in my opinion.
- Has its own charmOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Very nice and friendly staff, but the place is dated and the food was sub-par compared to similarly priced restaurants. We went for Valentine's Day, and sadly, won't be coming back.
- DisappointingDisappointingVIPDined on 2/6/2014Where is the classic elegance of not too long ago? No white table cloths? Instead you have bare wood tables with peeling veneer and place mats from Ikea? And that’s just the décor, the food has gone downhill as well. The lobster pasta that was so dry it didn’t even retain the water it was boiled in not to mention it only had one very small piece of lobster in the mix! And the chocolate dessert was so dry that nothing could save it. At best I rate this on the level of a Olive Garden (if that good). Come on Melrose you can do better.
- lovely lunchBilly525VIPDined on 2/4/2014Perfect lunch for a cold, rainy day. Delicious grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Sandwich was perfect and soup had an extra kick of spice, but not too much. Service was the best yet. All in all, a lovely experience. Many thanks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- appreciate the effort!Billy525VIPDined on 1/28/2014As a regular diner at the Landmark, I truly appreciated the effort made by the staff today to improve their customer service. Our waiter was friendly and pleasant. Management came by our table often and greeted us warmly. KUDOS!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingExceleatsoaklawnDined on 1/22/2014The ambiance is very nice but waiter a little over eager. Place was almost empty yet service was slow. If food had been fantastic it would not have mattered. However, the rainbow trout was dry and the potatoes served with it were undercooked. One little fingerling was actually raw. The desired wine was not available. Portions were perhaps a bit skimpy- even if one expects that from a "high end" dining experience. The dessert was ho hum. The chocolate selection was exceptionally dry as to seem stale and the creme brûlée was bland. We did the 3 for $35 special and frankly it was not worth more. We are new to Dallas and had heard the Melrose was special. It was not. Not one single item was special.
- These were only five tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/17/2014These were only five tables occupied on the Friday night we went. We arrived at 7pm but, except for bread, no food hit our table until 8pm. The staff were well meaning, but the service was painfull slow, on a night that we were sitting in a virtually empty room.
- nice lunchBilly525VIPDined on 1/14/2014Today's lunch was nice; not great, but nice. The manager greeted us with a warm and friendly smile. If only he could convince the other staff to genuinely care about their patrons (or at least act like they do). Club sandwich and fries were good. For the 1000 points one receives through OpenTable, I would definitely recommend this restaurant for lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed the brunch.EggsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2014I enjoyed the brunch.Eggs Benadict were one of the Best.Dollar Paccakes were really GoodSpecial Features:
- Love the Landmark!CharliesAngelsDined on 1/2/2014We go to the Landmark because we love Charlie, our favorite waiter. He's been there over 15 years and we've tried to dine there on a regular basis. Everyone is so cordial and the food is fantastic! Charlie was out the other day, but we were served wonderfully by David and Patricia. We celebrated a birthday for a dear friend and she was thrilled when Patricia brought us a champagne toast - on the house! Where does that happen? Anyway, we love the Landmark and highly encourage folks to head over to the Melrose Hotel and enjoy the fine dining for a fair price with awesome service. Who knows, you may become one of Charlie's Angels, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Year's AdamLandmarkLoverDined on 12/30/2013We had a quiet dinner on the night before New Year's Eve. The food was very good, the service was friendly, prompt, and informative. The surroundings were beautiful and romantic. It was a memorable, festive celebration of the New Year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Day for GluttonsSmdiamDined on 12/25/2013Friends & clients recommended this for Thanksgiving. I was too late to obtain a reservation, so I made it for Christmas Day. It was lots of every kind of food imaginable. However, I"d rather have less to choose from to eat & view. So much makes it all unappetizing to me. Nothing was "bad", it is simply that preparing so much food to serve so many people loses me in the presentation & flavor. Of all the offerings, I enjoyed the breakfast selections--bacon, waffle, & eggs Benedict over everything else. Again, nothing was "bad", it just was too much food for anything to be "Great"! I'm glad I went. It obviously pleases "The Masses". For the money spent, I would much rather have way less to choose from, but more "well done".Special Features:
- ExpensiveMangoDined on 12/25/2013Very expensive for what we received - limited buffet, noisy, little service, long wait with reservations, table not ready when ushered back.