3520 East Coast Hwy
Corona Del Mar, CA 92625Neighborhood:
Corona del Mar
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.landmarknewport.com/
- Phone: 9496755556
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour EVERYDAY from 430pm-7pm--Featuring $6 apps and $5 glasses of wine and select martinis
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Travis Flood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please Call for more information
- Private Party Facilities: Landmark Steakhouse can accommodate private parties of up to 200+ people.
- Private Party Contact: Jimmy Niwa 9496755556
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday DJ and Dancing starting at 1030pm
No cover but we fill up early so come in for dinner and stay for dancing to avoid the line!!!
Sunday Live Music with Brett Young from 6pm-830pm
Landmark has one of the only live entertainment permits and THE ONLY dance permit in the city.
A word from Landmark
Landmark features a very diverse menu. We offer the finest in quality meats, chops, chicken and seafood coupled with innovative appetizers, unique salads, generous sides and indulgent desserts. Not to mention Landmark features a very boutique wine list with some of the finest wines in the world...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Landmark reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bye byeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014I guess they are closed down for good. Can't say too much because it wasn't open.
- The best filet I've ever hadMichelleeeeDined on 4/5/2014The best filet I've ever had in 30 years. Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only dinersLeslieDined on 3/23/2014We were the only diners on a Sunday evening. We were there for 2 hours and enjoyed a very delicious meal. Apparently this is a hot spot Thurs-sat. Food is delicious. I had the rib eye my friends had the scallops, the filet, and the New York. The potatoes were creamy and tasty. The seasonal vegetables were cooked perfectly. I feel like we had stumbled on a huge secret! I recommend the food here highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome chef!eiffeltower8Dined on 3/8/2014I was kind of doubting my choice of restaurant when my husband and I arrived because the place is very small and the menu was limited. But once we tasted the appetizer and drinks, we were sold. The mussels with spanish chorizo in a white sauce were amazing as was the homemade pretzel bread. The tequila from casa amigos was delicious. My husband had the filet mignon and it was divine. I had the salmon which was on a bed of cubed roasted potatoes and leeks. It was the best salmon I have ever had in my life. Our server was very friendly as were the other waitstaff. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedSamahawkDined on 2/27/2014After reading all the mixed reviews, we were cautiously optimistic about how our overall experience would pan out. I am happy to say that the service and food exceeded our expectations. Our server Matt, was very attentive and knowledgeable. He suggested that we try the special of the evening, which was a the 32oz, Grass feed, organic, Tomahawk Ribeye steak…. because we were celebrating, I opted to add the Lobster. Even before the first bite, we were so glad we opted for what we did. Not only was our main dish visually magnificent, it was seasoned and prepared perfectly. We enjoyed every bite, and I might add, the drinks and deserts were delicious too. Overall our experience was very good. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got some friends togetherJD16Dined on 2/23/2014Got some friends together to celebrate a birthday. First time at Landmark. It was on a Sunday night and although had a reservation, we really didn't need one. It was slow night. I guess the secret is not out yet. Our server Adele was Awesome! Great Ribeye steak and veggies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and not crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Great food and not crowded which is rare for this area, really enjoyed the Tomahawk steak and Filet....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet EverJSharellDined on 2/14/2014Hands down Best Filet I have ever had in my entire life, and I've been eating steak for almost 40 years! Luke, our waiter was very knowledgeable on all the menu items and made a few suggestions as well. All around, we had a phenomenal meal, and the service was more than top notch. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad serviceRunnrgrlDined on 2/1/2014The steaks were top notch. Some of the best steaks in Orange County. The service wasn't very good. With so few diners at the time we went, there still wasn't a server assigned to our table (after 15 minutes, we asked for one). And then the server forgot a drink order and an appetizer order. We were a party of 3, so there werent a ton of things being ordered. At a steakhouse such as this, I expect experienced servers. We made it all fun though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landmark still ViableJamalDined on 1/24/2014This was our first visit, and the place has mixed reviews. Apparently it has "fallen off" since new ownership and a new chef. However, we found the food to be quite good, although the steaks were slightly under-cooked. In addition, the service was excellent! The furniture did have torn upholstery, which absolutely must be fixed quickly! For a higher end eatery, that absolutely won't do!!! Other than that, we had a great experience and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindNalaDined on 1/11/2014We are visiting from out of town and decided to try Landmark even with some mediocre reviews and I am so glad we did! The food was wonderful, I had the olives and the loaded salad which was huge and extremely fresh. We also had the soup of the day which was made fresh and also delicious. Our waiter Luke was very helpful with suggestions on the wine list and went out of his way to allow us to try the soup before we ordered. I would definitely recommend to a friend and anyone looking for a relaxing dinner with great wine and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something strange going onsanclemcjVIPDined on 12/30/2013This used to be a fantastic restaurant. The food is now mediocre, the furniture is torn and stained, and the staff is very lean. As in 1 person is the hostess, bartender, and waitress . . . maybe cooks too. I don't plan to return.Special Features:
- excellent food -- exceededOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2013excellent food -- exceeded my expectation. I especially like the lamb risotto and the salmon. Very creative and flavorful. Staffing seemed a bit light -- I believe they underestimated the volume of diners for Christmas day.Special Features:
- superb tasting food and greatcpadresVIPDined on 11/30/2013superb tasting food and great service. Luke our waiter could not have been better.
- Terrible foodRibeyeDined on 9/28/2013My wife and I went to the Landmark two years ago and the food was Awesome! It is what brought us back. However since then they have changed. The menu is much smaller and not very good compared to what it was. They also have a new chef and it is aparent they are trying to get some one on The cheap cause he is not very good. Our steakes were well over cooked even though we ordered them medium. You get what you pay for these days. It is apperent Landmark is trying To cut costs, below the line chef, poor cuts of meat and very little menu Choices. Sad cause it went from the best steak I ever had to the worst. DEFINITLY Will never going back. Save your money and don't waist your time.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceRayLDined on 9/9/2013Everything was excellent. It was very quiet on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd Timimg?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2013Dined here on a Friday at 8:00 PM. the place was completely empty. Very odd. That led me to be suspicious as to why there were not more guests. The food was good but it was just strange. I am not sure I would recommend this restaurant just based on that. There are other restaurants in the area that are packed on a Friday night and this place was empty.
- Good food, very slow servicelavkcDined on 9/5/2013Good food, very slow service considering how empty the restaurant was, very pricey as wellSpecial Features:
- never happenedjerry1728VIPDined on 9/1/2013We arrived at the time of our reservation. We waited 5 minutes and no one ever greeted us. There were 20 or so people at the bar and a bartender, so it was not as if the restaurant was deserted, though when we looked into the restaurant, there was one occupied table, no employees visible and no air conditioning (it was a hot night in Corona Del Mar). So, we left.
- Unimpressive may be too flatteringpower90801Dined on 8/10/2013The food was remarkably unimpressive for the money. Although the waiter was really personable and attentive sadly both of his recommendations were poor excuses for food. The jalapeno mac and cheese croquettes were not cheesy or showed any sign of jalapeno whatsoever and crumbled as soon as you made direct eye contact with them. The only fish dish on the menu, Miso Black Cod, was completely bland and in all seriousness was the size of a Fig Newton. That was swimming in a broth of some kind surrounded by some uninspiring vegetables and sad examples of dumplings all for $29. It was literally the biggest waste of $110 I've spent in as long as I can remember. The other reviews on Yelp hit it right on the head, just avoid this place for food.
- A Landmark NotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2013We live in town and wanted to try the Landmark. The décor was dated, the booth seats were cracked and had holes in them. After we ordered it took 45 minutes to be served and we were one of two tables in the restaurant. The food was not great and really not acceptable for the price. I got the feeling the place catered to 20-somethings in an after hours DJ scenario. Not attractive. I doubt we will ever return.
- Nightclub... Not restaurantDBSpolkDined on 6/21/2013Wonderful server who was the saving grace of the place but food was lackluster at best and the place was dead before 10:30pm, then rushed with the nightclub crowd. If you are into clubbing I'm sure it's a great place late at night. Not a good dinner spot. Needs some major polishing.
- Nothing bad nothing greatOCDinerVIPDined on 5/17/2013I think that this is a solid restaurant in a sleepy town of CDM. Not very crowded but the food was solid. They were playing a good solid soundtrack. Our poke appetizer was flavorful. Our filet was cooked as requested and the lobster mac and cheese was lacking seasoning and big chunks of lobster. We'd go back though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Food was Good but...JohnicusVIPDined on 5/12/2013Came here with a group 7 and half of the food was very slow and 2 were redos. At the time there was only one other large table and they were really frustrated. My steak was good but my strait liquor was better. I remember Landmark being much better almost a decade ago when I use to come here a lot. Nothing lasts...
- Great food, but no longer hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013It had been a while since I dined at Landmark. The food is great but, the ambiance is not there. We sat in a mostly empty restaurant for the majority of the evening. We thought the crowd would improve as the night went on and the DJ started up but, it remained pretty empty and the music played was overkill.
- we went there for the firstcatnipVIPDined on 4/14/2013we went there for the first time and had filet mignon and it was really exceptional,along with the gourmet sauce they put over it.we were there at 5pm so we had the place to ourselves,but later they have dancing and get a large crowd.not very fancy,but great food!!Special Features:
- The salads were horrible,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2013The salads were horrible, the shrimp appetizer was pathetic and the shrimp was overcooked and inedible. The salad was so uninteresting and for the price I'd never order it again. The entree was at best, ok.
- We were a little concernedrobinocVIPDined on 3/30/2013We were a little concerned when we walked in on a Saturday evening and found the place over half empty. The room we were seated at only had one other table seated. However, all our food was really good from starters to entrees. Great presentation as well. As the night progressed, the bar area filled up and they set up a dj in the restaurant and cleared out the first room for dancing. It was a bit strange to us and probably why many people choose not to go here, and why it was so empty for dinner. By the time we left, the bar and outdoor patio were packed with mostly what seemed like a foreigner crowd. IfSpecial Features:
- The food was tasty. The serviceCDMNUPVIPDined on 3/30/2013The food was tasty. The service was excellent. We had a good time.Special Features:
- My steak was overcooked, orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2013My steak was overcooked, ordered rare plus and it came out a solid medium. When you pay $55 for the cut you'd expect it to be cooked to perfection. Appetizers and salads and wine was really good but I went there for a steak. For a Friday night I was a little surprised by how empty the place was. Looks like the do more business as a night club later in the night.Special Features:
- Horrible! Be warned! New ownershipOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Since new ownership everything has gone downhill. The food was bad. I asked for a medium well steak got completely rare. By the time I could fine the waiter to re-cook it, my bf was done with his dinner. Later they messed up on my bill and the waiter stood above me and pointed out how much tip I should leave. It was a horrible experience. To top it off it was my bf bday and they brought the cake but forgot the candles so took the cake back ( which ruined the surprise) and brought it back again. Wish it was the old landmark. The generous one star I gave was only for the drinkSpecial Features:
- delightfully surprisedscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 2/26/2013First time visit on a quiet week night, we were greeted by a bubbly gal who sat us, waited on us, and added to our experience. I was delighted to see grass-fed beef, and we were not disappointed, delicious steaks! we also had "poke" which was delightful, and a lovely beef tartar. We enjoyed a chocolate dessert with the most delicious little scoop of ice cream I have had in ages! I was not a fan of the bland "art", but I will return for aanother outstanding meal. Thanks!Special Features:
- Don't do it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013So disappointed!!! Extremely expensive. $160.00 bill for awful food. Salt overload on everything. The waffle chicken was terrible. The porterhouse for 2 was incredibly salty and the cut of meat was mediocre! The Mac and cheese croquettes were decent but nothing special. The mashed potatoes were more like drippings than purée. The ahi poke was not edible, we sent it back. And we waited 50 minutes for food. That was after our server told us we needed to be done in an hour and 15 min from the time we ordered because the club was going to start. We had to calculate bill in the dark, while the DJ started setting up around us. So disappointed because the previous cooks made killer food. I will never eat here again, even if it was free!
- Disappointing...GaryDined on 2/23/2013Frankly, I was expecting a much nicer dining experience. We were quickly seated for our 7PM reservation. No surprise--the place was pretty empty. Not a good sign for a Saturday evening. We were seated in the blandly decorated dining room, at a table mounted to the floor so you couldn't adjust the position closer to the booth seating. The stark white wall next to the table had a hook with a missing picture. Service was prompt and attentive. The wait staff dressed in T-shirts didn't match upscale dining expectations. Food was acceptable, though pricey. When done, we asked for coffee and were told, "Sorry, we're out of coffee." Really? How can a restaurant not have coffee? They couldn't go to the grocery store? Won't go back here.
- valentines day was made veryJodyviVIPDined on 2/14/2013valentines day was made very special with a rose and first glass of champagne on the house.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Ever find a steakhouse that does not have horseradish? Yet will serve you oysters without disclosing that first? Yeah well that was the first surprise we got. Second was being seated WITH RESERVATIONS and being kicked off of our table before finished with our drinks so that they could clear it out for the night crowd. $200 bill for two... not so much! Gave it a fair rating because of the ambiance and outdoor area but they should go full nightclub in my opinion.Special Features:
- Upon being seated, waitedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/19/2013Upon being seated, waited 15 minutes to give our drink orders. Bar was out of Kettle One and Absolut Citron vodkas. Waited 25 minutes for first course - soup was Luke . We had to ask for the bread basket, we were told their rolls are served cold, not warm. At this point the manager came to the table to apologies for the service. We waited for the entrees to come, my steak was not warm and was sent back, when it came out again, it was not any warmer. We ordered the 3 course prix fixe and asked for the check, and told our waitress we didn't even want to stay for the dessert. The manager came by for a second time to apologize. He asked us to come back. And give the restaurant another turn, we politely declined. We won't be going back.
- There were three of us thatAlecVIPDined on 1/19/2013There were three of us that went to Landmark for Newport Restaurant Week. We made a reservation and were seated promptly, but had to ask someone to direct our waiter/waitress to our table after sitting there for 20 minutes. Every course of the dinner was slow and by the time it was all done, we had been there for three hours. The restaurant did not seem overly crowded. All of the employees were friendly, it was just painfully slow. The food was good, not great.
- We had been to Landmark severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2013We had been to Landmark several times before it was sold so we returned with friends to use a gift card. My husband, and our friends like a good piece of beef so we went for the rib eye. At $55, we both decided to split the meal. The side salad was excellent but we were a bit disappointed with the rib eye. The drinks were on the expensive side so overall we felt it was not a good value at all. We also felt the attire of the waiter did not conform to the level of the restaurant - the white tee shirt with the Landmark logo on it looked more like his undershirt. The service was very good.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2013We went to this restaurant expecting a very good dining experience. As it was Jan. 2 the crowd was thin. Like 2 tables thin. Even with so few active tables the service was not that great. We weren't made to feel special. Something I would expect from so few tables working.