Landmark Americana-West Chester
158 W Gay St.
West Chester, PA 19380Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Landmark Americana-West Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.landmarkamericana.com/wc-home.htm
- Phone: 6107019900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am,
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your private banquet needs, we have a full bar and buffet area. We also have a dance floor and DJ capabilities to accommodate any private function.
- Private Party Contact: Jason Santora 6107019900x
- Entertainment: We have a DJ most nights of the week for our late night service.
A word from Landmark Americana-West Chester
Thank you for choosing Landmark Americana for your dining needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Landmark Americana-West Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The service was good, the food delicious and it was easy to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014We took our college student here for dinner and the food and atmosphere were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good expereiencetableforthreeDined on 8/11/2014Have heard about Landmark for years - finally checked it out this week. Great menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Restaurant in West ChesterMBHAYESVIPDined on 8/1/2014I went here on a Friday night around 7pm. The food was average to good. I had a cup of seafood bisque which was good. The new pesto salmon was good but the asparagus was overcooked. My husband had a Roast Beef Sandwich which was on the small side and did not fill him. My son had a Main Street Burger. It was a good size but there were two pieces of bacon on it so after eating half the burger the bacon was gone. Our server Krystal was terrible! She never checked in with us so we were without drinks most of the time. I don't think Krystal was a good representation of the servers because the tables around us had their servers checking in with them multiple times throughout their meal. The noise level was good. Reasonably priced
- Great Italian placeGoodeatsDined on 7/5/2014I had never been to this restaurant before. The service was excellent and the food was fresh and delicious. You receive complimentary bruschetta and limencello shots. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Landmark Americana-West Chester reviews archive.
- Casual bar scene, decent foodilvwineDined on 6/15/2014Something for everyone, from burgers to salads to salmon. Beer list ok but not pleasing to everyone. Rotates, so that can change. Wine list too limited and expensive.Special Features:
- Great outdoor seatingStephDined on 6/6/2014Sat outside for happy hour & dinner & it was such a great location. However, they were out of MillerLight, Redd's Apple Ale, Shock Top Shandy, & Corona Light Bottles. I found this very odd for a Friday night.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJaclynDolanDined on 5/9/2014I visit Landmark often, but they are great for larger get togethers. Had my birthday dinner here with about 10 people. Plenty of room, good service and their food is always delicious. I especially recommend the nachos, grown up grilled cheese, and the roast beef!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2014We celebrated a birthday on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant was busy , food was good , service was very good . We would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch/lunchMommaDined on 4/20/2014It was hard to choose between brunch and lunch. There were many items I wanted to try. Best french toast I ever had! The eggs benedict was great too. Will definitely go back for lunch another time. The atmosphere was fun with the Flyer's game on and everyone cheering!Special Features:
- Casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2014If you like reasonably price pub food, come here. The restaurant is clean, casual and servers were attentive.Special Features:
- This was a happening placeELKnotDined on 3/1/2014This was a happening place in Downtown West Chester. Great time- The Menu has changed over the past couple years to a more Tap and bar menu, it used to be more dinners platers. Excellent time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected plasticMarkDined on 2/27/2014Mid-way through our dinner I saw what I thought was a hair in my wife's sandwich. We brought the waitress over and realized it wasn't a hair but a small piece of plastic. Plastic? The manager came over and said it was from the packaging that the pulled pork came in. Packaged pulled pork? Needless to say it put a damper on the remainder of the meal. Actually we stopped eating at that point.Special Features:
- All right unless you want to eatEleanorVIPDined on 1/2/2014I took a group there for lunch. The interior is clean, and the servers are friendly and competent. The biggest problem was the food; It wasn't _bad_, but it totally lacked savor. It was as if the cook had no feel for food or didn't care enough to even taste it.. Roast beef was dry and pre-sliced. The crab cake was mostly filler and it had seen time in the freezer. The guacamole was fresh-made, but the avocados were under ripe, and the dish lacked flavor. Above all, there was little or no seasoning on anything--the food was bland, almost tasteless. The menu and the venue look good, but they need someone in the kitchen who cares. I know they make most of their money from the bar, so probably that's not likely. Do not go there for the food.
- We really enjoy our time atRobertDined on 12/20/2013We really enjoy our time at Landmark -- the staff and the food always make our visits fun and enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishKitKatDined on 11/11/2013Sweet potato fries with brown sugar dipping sauce is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsMelbar18Dined on 10/26/2013We are big craft beer drinkers and are always looking for restaurants in area with a great selection on draft. We decided to try some place new and it could not have been a better experience. They sat us right away, food was great, beer was great and the kids had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu optionsMRC16Dined on 10/4/2013Enjoyed the varied menu options.Both food and beers Good food and everyone enjoyed their entrees and the fresh guamole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableThe5ofusSmithsDined on 9/29/2013Friendly, good service, great food, nice beer selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as beforeBarryDined on 9/24/2013The food took a long time to get to us and then was not real hot. Seems to me it was on the service line too long.Special Features:
- Our "go to" casual dining spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2013Convenient location across from St Agnes. Great place for dinner after 5:15 Vigil Mass. For such a casual spot, the food is incredible. My husband loves the Maple Salmon and I always go for the Ahi Tuna Salad with Avocados and Manderin Oranges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre...DNKOKVIPDined on 7/13/2013The menu was lacking real dinner food and they didn't have any "special" entrees. Since their weren't any real options, I ordered a house salad with grilled chicken. The chicken must have been cooked early in the night and put in the fridge. It was served cold and it was tasteless and had that rubbery texture. On the other hand, my husband ordered a dish with chicken that was pretty decent. It still had the preprepped texture but atleast it was warmed up. The kids food was decent so This is a place to go for finger foods, sandwiches and drinks. We thought it was more inline with Iron Hill for food and we were wrong. Overall, it was ok. The server was sweet, attentive and the place was clean. We still had a nice night.
- We went for a fun girls nightFdavisDined on 7/11/2013We went for a fun girls night out. We had lots of fun and enjoyed watching the phillies too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a go to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2013If your looking for somewhere that is dependable food and service this is the place for you. Whenever my kids and grand kids pop up for dinner we know we can always go here and everyone will be happy.Special Features:
- Kid's Menu Ribs Are A Winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/28/2013Kid's menu fare is a bit of a desert for a child who enjoy trying new foods and enjoyed veggies (for fun, count up how many kiddie entrees include either cheese or fries or both!) but the Landmark 1/4 rack of bbq ribs are constantly tender and delicious with a sweet bbq sauce that my young girls love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy and distractingSearscoDined on 6/1/2013Loud music and too loud for dinner conversation. Food just ok. Service very slow. More for 20 something's who do t care a our noise Levels and food. Very disappointing. We will not return and don't recommend.Special Features:
- The soda was flat, sent itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2013The soda was flat, sent it back and asked them to look into it. Came back with the soda still flat and charged us for it. Not the end of the world but there were 9 people. Food was ok and the service was mediocre at best. Sadly very disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Green with Envy?!?SamiamDined on 3/9/2013Well they say timing is everything!! First time visit crossed paths with an early St. Patty's Day pub crawl this weekend as our reservation was about 15 minutes after the green-clad hoard attacked the bar. Management was apologetic about noise leve., but hey we went to college too...many moons ago. Besides, my kids thought it was a riot that you could yell at the top of your lungs in a restaurant. By the time we left, so had the hoard and the Landmark was transformed into a totally different atmosphere. I was very pleased with the service and the food was tasty...excellent draft beer selection too. It was fun and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Did not seem to have res,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Did not seem to have res, request for window ignored, so not very impressed.
- Went on a Sunday which I didOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/27/2013Went on a Sunday which I did not know was "kids eat free". It was packed with families and kids. I was expecting a more "adult atmosphere". It is nice to know though, that in this economy there is a restaurant in West Chester that can make a family dinner out affordable. One side note, the music was way too loud to hear your own conversation at the table. Other than that, the food was good, we had a nice seat at the window, with a good street view.Special Features:
- Nice well roounded restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012Nice well roounded restaurant and bar. Good Micro-Beer selection.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012The food was very good but the service was terrible. Our waitress was extremely slow and inattentive she didn't seem to care about or remember our table at all. I went there with a group for my birthday dinner and was extremely underwhelmed by the service.Special Features:
- The food and service wereDonnaDined on 11/3/2012The food and service were very good. The only issue was that the televisions were extremely loud!Special Features:
- Nice bar/pub!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Nice place. Food was good and the service was great. Basically it was a really good bar/pub with upscale bar food. Both of our burgers were very good and our waitress was very attentive. Noise level was very reasonable and I could hold a normal conversation so I did not have to shout to be heard which is typical of other places in WC. If you are looking for exotic dishes this is not your place. However if you just want really solid American bar food and a good beer this will be right up your alley. We will defintely come again.Special Features:
- This was our first visit andJRB1Dined on 9/29/2012This was our first visit and we were pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was casual but inviting. Our waitress was very attentive, but not overly pushy. She gave us the necessary time to look over the menu and make decisions. She was right there when we wanted to order. The cheesesteak egg rolls and guacamole appetizers were very good. The sandwiches were generous and tasty. We would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Landmark was great as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2012Landmark was great as always. We sat outside on a First Friday and had drinks and a bite to eat, while visiting with friends who walked by. Help was friendly and the food came out warm and correct.Special Features:
- Average pub foodNicoleVVIPDined on 8/3/2012I have been to both this location and the one in Devon. Tis one, by comparison, feels and looks run down. The service was average to slow. The food is good pun-food.
- The best Breakfast EverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Just a great place! Our first time there people treated us like long time regulars. I would highly recommend for breakfast.Special Features:
- Food was good but pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012Food was good but pricey. I got the veg burger with sweet potato fries and I got a very small amt of fries. The manager gave us a discount so that was nice. Great downstairs bar and dance floor and great outside dining! I recommend for lunch or late night partying.Special Features:
- I met three friends for dinner-Citygirl2301VIPDined on 6/29/2012I met three friends for dinner- all being our first time here. Ordered the chicken quesadilla which was delicious. All of our salads, although uninspired, were great. Service was great. When we left about (10:15pm on a Friday) the bar scene was picking up and looked like fun for 20 somethings! I would return.Special Features: