Landmark Americana - University City
3333 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Landmark Americana - University City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.landmarkamericana.com/
- Phone: 2152224500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Lopez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Landmark offer a variety of packages for private dining. The room can seat up to 40 guest seated, 110 standing and a private bar. Contact us today for more details.
- Entertainment: From trivia to open mic to DJs, Landmark has it all. Entertainment starts at 9:00, Monday through Saturday.
A word from Landmark Americana - University City
Landmark Americana is an upscale-casual restaurant and sports bar. Conveniently located in the heart of University City, just a few blocks away from 30th Street station. Landmark's menu offers something for everyone, form spicy tuna egg rolls to the classic cheeseburger. Landmark also has 20 HDTVs showing all the big games.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Landmark Americana - University City reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (10)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (5)special occasion (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good food, great drinks.Stephlyn08Dined on 8/16/2014Really enjoyed the appetizers! Warm doughy pretzels and crab dip were to die for! Great mixed drinks, and impressive beer menu. Fish tacos and grown up grilled cheese and tomato soup were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally GoodSweetlyDelDined on 8/11/2014Let me begin by saying that I have frequented this establishment at least six times so far this year. This time was by far the worst. Our cheesesteak egg rolls (my fav) was cold. The chili nachos had a hair in it so we returned it and got a fresh order which was good. Out Parmesan fries were ok. The buffalo wings were luke warm. The $2.00 strawberry margarita was the best thing about our meal. Although this experience wasn't that great, I will return because their happy hour is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Omg ....OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/24/2014I didn't think it was possible to destroy a turkey burger but Landmark proved me wrong. The service was phenomenal
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Too much food for single servings. Also should add some healthier choices to each entree.Special Features:
- Great drinks & wings at Landmark!PhillyFoodie1Dined on 7/17/2014I dined at Landmark Americana for the first time on July 17, 2014. The menu was pretty limited, lots of finger foods. We had the wings and cheesesteak eggrolls which were really good. There are about 10 different wing sauces which is nice if you like wings. The drinks were great, two martinis and I was nice. I had a pomegranate and a lemon martini and they were both very good. What I liked most was the seating. They have outside seating and some nice booths inside. You can really cozy up with someone if you are on a date. There was also live music outside which is always nice. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Ok food, not ok customer serviceGetittogetherDined on 6/20/2014My fam & I went for lunch after my nephew's grad & was offended by the attitude of the waitress who served us. She seemed to be having a bad day. We asked if the chicken quesadilla that came w/the Landmark combo appetizer could be substituted for a veggie one & she seemed irritated and became dissuasive, saying she didn't think it could, if so, it would cost more & she would have to check w/the chef. She returned & let us know it couldn't be substituted, so i added a veggie quesadilla to the order for the guest of honor. Given her attitude, I doubted if she even checked with the chef. At the end of the day, the celebration of my nephews grad superceded all else & our smiles restored.Special Features:
- Great University City Restaurant!skb52Dined on 6/13/2014The staff was awesome to my party of 11. Our table was ready on time and we had an excellent waitress. The food was served exactly as ordered and everyone loved what they ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealPhillyFoodie14Dined on 6/13/2014Had a group lunch there. Very friendly waitstaff. Food was great. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service. Mediocre food.PeaceLoveEatsDined on 5/24/2014After waiting wayyy too long for my salad, it finally arrived and it was wrong. I sent it back and it took forever to get what I ordered. The waitress was nice, but too busy with a drunk girl at the bar to be attentive to my table. The waitress brought this said drunk a cup of water and the girl slammed the water down on the table and started cursing at the waitress.The guests at the bar were extremely loud and obnoxious. Throughout my entire experience there I heard this weird banging noise. Service was painfully slow and food was below average. Our waitress was sweet, but did not have her priorities straight.
- The following 113 reviews are from the Landmark Americana - University City reviews archive.
- Good for long outingsILindsayDined on 5/20/2014The Landmark UCity is great if you are trying to go and hang out with friends for a longer period of time. You will absolutely not feel rushed as service is super slow. Do not expect to be able to get drunk or be hydrated as servers rarely come around and you may wait 45minutes for your appetizers to show up. But the food is great and moderately priced.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerCharlieDined on 5/18/2014The staff was very accommodating. The area They gave us was a bit cramped. The service was good as we came in at different times, but each new person was welcomed as they came into the restaurant. The fried chicken fingers and crab cakes were hard and dry. The salmon sandwich was good. Most if the food was hot. We made graduation on time so service was timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch at DrexelVeganKimVIPDined on 5/6/2014The food was good. Atmosphere nice. Staff efficient and welcoming.Special Features:
- Been Many Times - Worst Server EverTryItAgainVIPDined on 4/29/2014Group of Three; half the entrees arrived before appetizers. ASked for water - does not arrive. Disappears for a while then appears and gets things wrong. So frustrated we left quickly - should have asked for manager. the automatic 18% tip on the tab was insulting
- Back for seconds!CwjiangDined on 4/29/2014Conveniently located in University City. Filled with college students as well as professionals. Love their nachos!Special Features:
- Case of the MondaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2014I frequently come in for lunch without any problem getting seated (especially with a reservation) and getting served within the time allowed. Everything was slow from being seated to getting our food. We ended up having to get our food to go and eat back at the office. Will definitley think twice about coming in for lunch.
- First time diner disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Server basically ignored us the entire time. Had to repeatedly flag her down for beverage refills. Food did not come out as ordered, unable to find her to get it fixed. Used a special birthday coupon, no acknowledgment of birthday at all!! Overall, a poor and disappointing first time and last time visit to this place.
- Campus lunch spotCindyCDined on 2/28/2014Stopped here for lunch after touring the Drexel campus. Perfect location at the end of our tour & across the street from the recommended parking garage. We had chicken tenders & fries -ok, nothing special, a cheese burger & sweet potato fries which came with a great cinnamon dipping sauce. The burger lacked the charcoal grill taste & I wondered if it was fried. Came in a great brioche roll. Our other diner had a chicken quesadilla . Very good, fresh & tasty. Fries were tasty, but they need to increase the temperature of their fryer to get the desired crispness. Don't get me wrong, lunch was good, service was good, but I am a "foodie". If you are going to do bar food, do it well. This is a nice spot for parents & students to go to lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchRBpaDined on 2/25/2014The Landmark Americana - University City --- is a good value. It is in a perfect location for a business lunch and the food selection is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorriblePissedDined on 2/22/2014Got to the restaurant and they had my reservation screwed up. I made a reservation for 10 and the manager said it was only for 7. He right out lied to me. A young lady called me earlier to confirm my reservation for 10. He did nothing to accommodate me. He kept saying that there was nothing he could do. There was an empty table next to is us and he refused to put that table with ours. I will never go here again. When I first got there it was a male greeter who was very rude. He told me he couldn't sit me because there were no seats at my table. I was the one to make the reservations. This place was just full of rude and ignorant people. We left the restaurant and went somewhere else.
- Having the restaurant sittingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2014Having the restaurant sitting on the campus of Drexel Univ. makes it very convenient when visiting our daughter! Especially this past weekend when the snow was flying! Always enjoy at least one visit to Americana when we come to Drexel!Special Features:
- Just laughsBluebutterflyDined on 12/2/2013two of my girlfriends and myself went out to grab something to eat. The food was good and the prices were good as well. the only thing I will say is that the waiter never introduce herself nor attend to us like she was suppose to. Other than that is was good and I will go back there again. We laughed for about two hours it was great.Special Features:
- Bad night?PhillyexplorerDined on 12/1/2013The seafood bisque was the highlight of the night this time around. Our other dishes were average to poor, especially an entree salad made with old iceberg lettuce. Our table of 5 also had an automatic 18% tip added which seemed unreasonable. Not sure we will be dining there again, nor would i take a chance recommending it without a warning.
- Great locationLmk1162Dined on 9/21/2013Daughter just moved in to Drexel and was trying to find a place nearby so looked on OpenTable. The atmosphere was nice and the food was delicious. So much that my daughter came back for lunch the next day. The seafood bisque soup was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SensationalTrishDined on 9/15/2013Great atmosphere and delicious food and service is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok placeXeatDined on 8/25/2013I tried the rib chili soup. It is very special with generous amount of rib meat as well as too much beans. It is also too sweet to my taste. I also had the crab cake sandwich. It is nothing to write about, very plain and slightly greasy (it is much better than most cheap ones, but still greasy) The buns are very low quality, fries are good. I saw other people ordered the nachos, which is a very big portion. Will try that next time I visit. The service is slow and nothing special. The noise level really depends on your neighbors, I happened to be seated next to some very loud person. Overall it is a typical american food with a slightly high but acceptable price.Special Features:
- University City Dining Days GemDrexel2015mamaDined on 7/29/2013This is one of the few restaurants that really does provide a good selection of their popular items for UCDining at the mid-level fixed price 3-course dinner. Portions were generous as usual - we ended up taking home lots of leftovers! The crab fondue and sweet potato fries appetizers are really meant for sharing between 2 people, as are the brownie and apple crisp desserts that we had. For entrees, the fish and chips was crispy but not greasy and the jambalaya was hot and spicy. And as leftovers, the fish and chips were still good, which isn't always the case. Had we not opted for UCDining, we'd have split one appetizer and split one dessert but it was great to have the choices. We'll be back there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeBrit2013Dined on 7/28/2013Me and my guest had a great time food was great, drinks were better. I went for dining days and you get a lot for your money.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and alllohanDined on 7/27/2013Food was delicious and all of the staff was incredibly sweet, friendly, and knowledgeable of both the bar and food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2013The place had a great vibe, energetic yet warm and friendly. The food was well portioned and flavorful. The staff was pleasant. I went from work with coworkers and will be going back in two days to try a different entree with friends.Special Features:
- Not happy camperawesomeDined on 7/21/2013I was very disappointment with the taste of the food. We visited during resturant week but once we seen the menu u choose other opitions. We tried all flavors of the wings, cheesesteak egg rolls, dumpling, crab cakes, taco bar,to stuffed chicken with crab meat and the food looked delicious and even had nice size portions but it had absolutely no taste.. I try to sprinkle salt but it just didn't work . Never again
- Lackingphillygal215Dined on 7/18/2013Ate at Landmark on 7/18, and participated in the UC Dining Days menu. The food main course selections that my table ordered (Salmon, Carne Asada) were bland, too salty, and disappointing over all. Also, our waiter went missing, and we had to ask another waiter to find her!Special Features:
- EhMarieDined on 6/16/2013We went to Landmark Americana for a father's day brunch. The brunch menu, however, wasn't even given to us when we were seated at 11:15 am. We had to ask for it. There was only 5 things on it. The pancakes were good. I especially liked the fresh fruit with them. But the coffee was ATROCIOUS. I had to ask for extra half and half, too. My sister had a burger, which looked pretty good. For a quick lunch on the weekend, or a drink at happy hour, this place is nice. But not a brunch or nice dinner place at all.Special Features:
- great quick lunchfeed2famDined on 6/14/2013With family of five we had reservations for lunch. Unfortunately we were late but they accommodated us quickly anyway. The service was great, fast and informative. The food was very good and the atmosphere was nice, modern. There is a good size outdoor area which I hope to try some day. Pricing for the area was typical. The both we were in was nice but don't lean on the table too hard getting in or our of the both or it will just about fall over on you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good quality foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2013The menu at Landmark Americana is nothing spectacular -- what you might expect inside of a college recreation center: burgers, sandwiches, quesadillas, wings, ribs, beer... but the quality is really up there. Probably, their food is sourced locally and is fresh. Even something as mundane as a veggie quesadilla is really tasty because the ingredients are fresh. The onion soup is good and so are the burgers! Try it! The sangrias are great too... yum..Special Features:
- I never would have knownSweetlyDelDined on 4/20/2013My friends and I ordered just about everything. I really liked the grilled herb wings and the chicken imperial. After dinner, I ordered my second Flirtini and we moved to the fire pit outside. A great dinner and ambiance.Special Features:
- Upscale Pub FarePattyVWVIPDined on 4/14/2013This pub-style eatery's menu offered a diverse selection - burgers, sandwiches, Mexican. Good food and the service was excellent. Kudos to Julia for keeping us in food and drinks but there is a great team effort that keeps everything moving without feeling rushed. A comfortable but upscale restaurant setting that's a nice addition to the Drexel/Penn campus.Special Features:
- TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013I usually have a good experience there, however this visit had a rough ending. We arrived at 11:30, so that we could leave by 1:00 (there were 7 of us). We ordered dessert. Then our waitress disappeared for about 25 minutes. We asked to have the dessert wrapped to go, because it was taking so long to come out. We then had to ask the hostess to find our waitress *twice* so that we could pay our tab and leave. They were nice enough to comp our desserts, but it was still a very frustrating experience. Otherwise, the food was fantastic. If you're not in a rush, I would recommend this restaurant.
- It was ok. Not sure i wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2013It was ok. Not sure i would go back. Menu selections were limited.
- maybeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013My meal was overkill. Too much food and too much sauce covering it. It could have fed 3 people. I had the breakfast nachos. But my friend had the crab cake, that was delicious. So my recommendation is be careful what you order. Otherwise it was a quite environment. I was also not so happy that I was sitting under a big screen TV in the dining area.Special Features:
- We had a great time. Staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We had a great time. Staff, food and drinks were excellent.Special Features: