Landmark Americana - City Line
2481 N. 54th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19131Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Landmark Americana - City Line
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.landmarkamericana.com/
- Phone: 6106602100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Landmark Americana - City Line
Landmark Americana City Line is located on St Joe's University campus. We are a casual restaurant and sports bar with daily drink specials and nightly entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Landmark Americana - City Line reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Outstandingly great!cuteness5vixenDined on 8/23/2014I had a great birthday at landmark .. The food was delicious, waitress was great, drinks were great & the music was awesome! Thank you for my special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Landmark Americana - City Line reviews archive.
- Horrible Execution of MenuFiascoDined on 5/11/2014My sisters and I made reservations for 14 guest a week prior to Mother's Day for this date 5/11. When we began ordering we were told they were out of many of the items that had advertised on their menu including Steak. This was upsetting to us because we planned this event based on their menu and surely you would think that on Mother's Day with reservations for large parties and it being a special day for many they could have properly planned and had adequate portions of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014I have been to Landmark many of times. Every time I received good service. Except this time. The manger was performed horrible customer service towards us. He acted as if he did not want to help the waitress out with our orders. I don't think I will return.
- Nice find!EandFamilyDined on 4/16/2014Really nice find that we just stumbled upon! Food was really good with a lot of selection. We had our kids and they liked it. It has a college scene to it but it was extremely family friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Find--except foEasyEdDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant is located adjacent to SAint Joseph University Campus. Everything here is in the good to excellent category. My only complaint is that the table in the bar area where we were seated is next to a service area.Wait staff were constantly bumping into our chairs as theyred and exited this area. They continually aplogized but this table should be relocated and a screen placed in front of the service area so diners and bar patrons do not have an unanticipated floor show to watch of plates being scraped and stacked, debris trashed etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for lunch nearLennyVIPDined on 4/2/2014great place for lunch near st joes university....grilled cheese was outstanding and associates enjoyed a burger......think it could be noisy when crowded......staff very professional and friendly........enjoyed dining.Special Features:
- Say again, I can't hear you.Club40Dined on 3/28/2014Patrons happen to be very loud during our dining experience.Special Features:
- They food is excellent. RestaurantToyaDined on 3/28/2014They food is excellent. Restaurant was really loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice spotPulcheriaDined on 3/27/2014Enjoyed my first time visit. Food was warm not hot but overall great. I would definitely return. Great place to go to after work with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Spot!PoundcakeDined on 3/22/2014It was our first time dining at this resturant. The food was excellent, the service was fast. The alcoholic beverages were delicious but a little pricey. The waitress was friendly and helpful. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiana's 21st Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014We enjoyed ourselves the other night. My daughter Tiana was celebrating her 21st birthday. Everything was awesome the food and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2014Went here on the suggestion of a friend. We were a few minutes late for our reservation but they were completely understanding and sat us right away. Nice place, nice staff, but at 8 they turned the music up so loudly I could no longer hear my friend sitting across from me and we were sitting in a quieter corner of the restaurant. Guess this is to benefit/draw in the college crowd. Beer a d wine list was good. The waiter was nice but seemed a little overwhelmed. The food was upper scale bar/pub food and prices were ok.
- Great serviceSSlovestheEAGLESDined on 1/14/2014My friend and I had a great time. It was my second time there and her first time at that particular Landmark location. She liked that ambience (lighting, openness) better than another Landmark spot. We both appreciated the service. Our waitress was wonderful. This experience was even better than my first one!Special Features:
- Ok Restaurant with lackluster MGMTSchwudyFoodieDined on 12/29/2013I gave the restaurant mostly GOOD for all categories. If you want your food hot, you have to order it that way. I know, that sounds ridiculous, but if you don't specify that you want your chili to arrive hot, it will arrive warm. The Management here can be summed up with one word: "meh." I just don't get the feeling that they care very much. Management is very lacking in this restaurant. Waitresses have no problem vocalizing their displeasure with the managers.
- Fun place to eat before a gamePattyDined on 12/7/2013Had a group of 7 before the SJU game-food was good, lots of fun, no one rushed you out of there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGirlSoldierDined on 12/6/2013Had a great dining experience here. It's local, and very convenient for all. I would definitely dine here again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outcome of visit 11/30/2013KhinesDined on 11/30/2013I have visited the landmark on city ave server all times. However, my Last visit was not positive. My party and I waited for an half Hour before someone came over and greeted us. The services Was slow and the drinks were water down. My fiancé food Was cold and he had to sent it back several times. At the end of the night The entire bill was incorrect with additional items that were added on. In addition to this, I really like the landmark but my last visit with not an postive Experience for me and my parties. I Wil not return back and I Wil encourage Others not to visit this establishment . Thanks Kesha Hines
- DisappointedValueeatsDined on 11/20/2013I've eaten at other landmarks and was a little disappointed in the food. Service was great but food was not as good as other locations.
- Great spot to eat before SJU gameOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013Made a reservation which made it a great experience to grab a bite to eat before the basketball game. Service was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basketball fever!SAJ14Dined on 11/16/2013This City line location is quite the "fan favorite" for fellow hawks. The energy is exuberant and the crowd, friendly. The servers did a masterful job making sure we were serviced quickly and often. The food, especially the apps were delicious. The nachos are outrageously good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Slow ServiceCitygirlDined on 10/11/2013The waitress was very slow; the women who brought out the food had bad unfriendly attitudes. Three of our entrees were cold. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Landmark hits the markDying2eatDined on 10/2/2013I met my friend here a few weeks ago just to talk and I fell in love with this place. On this occasion I had lunch with a friend. The place was just filling up and all you heard was music. We enjoyed a nice, comfortable conversation. The food and drinks were great. The price was right and the service drew a smile. I recommend Landmark Americana to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingBalznightDined on 9/28/2013I had originally made reservations for 10. It was a gathering for family weekend at the local college. That afternoon my son asked if 2 more families could join us. I called and spoke to Whitney who graciously and professionally arranged this request. It turned put to be a great night for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My food came cold. Wings wereSchwudyFoodieDined on 9/21/2013My food came cold. Wings were precooked left to cool, slathered with sauce and then heated for a few minutes. Outside was warm, inside was cold. I ordered refills and each came the same way even though I asked my server to serve hot food.
- Great Birthday eventTbrownDined on 9/14/2013Really enjoyed my Birthday at the Landmark Amerricana City ave. Am sure to recommend it an the opentable.com. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Good food, neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2013No wait for seating and the hostess was pleasant. The food was prepared as requested and served timely. I would recommend for a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutChrissysfavesDined on 8/3/2013Great Food, fast service, friendly staff, definitely will be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs time to matureOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2013For a place that wants to be in with the "micro-beer" crowd, this place lacks serious knowledge. The servers could care less as the same can be said about the bar staff. If a beer kicks, that's okay. Just tell me what went from the "on deck" list to replace it. Or do what you did, hunt and peck around the beer list to find me something similar when I knew you were reading the same descriptions I just did. And thanks to the other servers that kept pushing my beer out of their way instead of just turning around and delivering them while their order was being prepared and while the beers were still cold. In conclusion, food is fair, service is poor. Not worth your hard earned money.
- A solid sports barbliss610Dined on 7/19/2013We were there on a Friday night for dinner - husband, myself and 20 year old daughter. There was plenty of noise, but there was a Phillies game on, so not unexpected. I thought the menu was varied and creative and the food pretty good for the price. Decent place for us for as a neighborhood eatery.
- Great pregame spot at St. Joe'sJoeHawkDined on 7/2/2013The comment about energetic noise level is because it is such a popular pregame gathering spot for basketball games played at Saint Josephs University's Hagan Arena which is literally right across the street from Landmark Americana. The place is packed with Hawk fans of all ages and the staff at LA really gears up with extra servers and beer tubs and more to make sure everyone gets a chance to get something to eat and drink before the game. I know they have a variety of specials at night all week long too I recommend checking out their website or Facebook page for updates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentJamilaDined on 6/14/2013This was my first time at landmark and the service and food was great. The atmosphere was great.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good salmonOurAnnualWeekInNewportVIPDined on 5/20/2013Went with several business associates. Had a salad with a nice piece of perfectly cooked salmon which was quite good. One of my guests was from Seattle and he was equally impressed. Draft beers were fresh and delicious (Smithwicks)Special Features:
- The service at Landmark continuesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013The service at Landmark continues to be awful -- and is becoming a joke among the students. I took five students out as a special occasion. I could not get service several times (including getting the check and I had to interrupt the flow and go to the bar to try to pay). Landmark needs to understand that better service means MORE sales (as we wanted more drinks but could not get them). So, the restaurant lost and I gave a low tip for the bad service.
- Better on the bar side2guysdineVIPDined on 4/21/2013Ate here before in the dining room area and it was quite frankly weird...however, the experience on the bar side is AWESOME! From catching a game, to meeting up after work, to just a night you don't feel like cooking, Landmark Americana is a safe option with a little something for everyone! Beer menu is excellent, the food menu has been updated, and their daily specials give up some decent bargains.Special Features:
- everyone enjoyed their meal.LouiseDined on 4/14/2013everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was friendly. Although there is a large bar area, we were seated in the dining room which was very quiet. Their specials make for good value.Special Features:
- The place was a little loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013The place was a little loud for my taste but the service was great and food was delicious. Our waiter was very familiar with the menu and was excited when I asked his recommendation for dinner. I think the resturant is in a great location for the college students. I like that I could make my reservations online.Special Features:
- Something needs to be doneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2013Something needs to be done about the service at Landmark. The waitress served our meal, gave us a check, and never returned. We did not get more beverages. We wanted to order more food (and had to flag down another waitress to help).
- Our table was ready when promised.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2013Our table was ready when promised. Food was tasty and served quickly. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- I ordered salads the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2013I ordered salads the last two times. First time the salmon portion was very small and the second the tuna was again a small portion and overcooked and dry. Considering the pricing this undervalue.
- Good atmosphere for a collegeJohnDined on 3/2/2013Good atmosphere for a college sports bar before a game. Very noisy, but OK given the nature of teh place.