179 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.landmarc-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 343-3883
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Marc Murphy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Landmarc offers fully staffed catering as well as drop-off platters. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Landmarc [tribeca] can accommodate a variety of private events. Please contact Benchmarc Events by Marc Murphy for more info.
- Private Party Contact: Benchmarc Events by Marc Murphy 2126258270x
A word from Landmarc TriBeCa
Marc Murphy teamed up with his wife Pamela Schein Murphy to open their first restaurant, Landmarc (Tribeca), in April 2004. It has since become a neighborhood favorite, serving contemporary bistro fare that blends French and Italian favorites with an award-winning wine list, all at reasonable prices, in a cutting-edge Tribeca setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Landmarc TriBeCa - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Landmarc TriBeCa reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (40)kid-friendly (24)good for groups (23)notable wine list (23)special occasion (19)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (16)romantic (15)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- lamb meatball appetizers are a must!sabrinaVIPDined on 11/25/2014lamb meatballs; lemonade; octopus salad; cheeseburger. dessert and coffee. this a great spot. crowded or quiet, always a winning atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchLilaDined on 11/22/2014Excellent restaurant! Outstanding service. We got there for lunch to celebrate my daughters 9th birthday on a Saturday. Nice lunch menu in addition to brunch menu. Good size plates for kids to share. Excellent restaurant choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Dee2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food is delicious! The staff is great and very knowledgeable. We ordered a flight of cheese, and both of us ended up buying one of the cheeses to bring home and a jar of Date Lady date syrup. Soooo good. Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple works!LahuVIPDined on 11/17/2014I can't believe it's taken me this long to eat here, what a find! Went with a friend who sometimes struggles to find options on the menu that she likes (whereas I'll eat anything). There were so many great dishes on the menu - I like that the dishes weren't over-engineered. Had the skirt steak and fries - delicious. I hadn't been before because I had always thought it was a bit pricey but seriously, that was great value for money. Oh and loved loved the rose sangria! I'll go back just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable to its reputation.chooseyVIPDined on 11/16/2014Loved the dressing on my salad that accompanied my burger, which was very delicious. Coffee was very good. disappointed that you were out of MUSSELS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallBlondieDined on 11/15/2014We had a table by the window, it was kinda cold sitting by the window. Our waitress was very professional and friendly and paid a lot of attention. TheWine selection was great. The Octopus salad was very good, while the French Onion Soup was overpriced for the size. The Entree (Flank steak and Pork chop) were very tasty. The Deserts (Blueberry crumble and chocolate Mousse) were small but yummy. Overall a nice Restaurant but i would have expected a bit more from a Restaurant of a Food Network Chef. Way to go to reach Bobby Flay's or Scott Conant's Restaurants...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for birthdaystravelforbusinesDined on 11/8/2014Perfect place for a great steak, glass of wine and desert for a friend's bday. Host was absolutely incredible in the days prior to help accommodate our table for a saturday evening reservation. he really went above and beyond to keep me posted on our reservation status, and ultimately, was able to accomodate us. server was great, filet was fantastic. they even brought their amazing cotton candy with a candle in it for our bday girl. would 100% return without a doubt, even if not for a special occasion.Special Features:
- enjoyable dinner outhln1012VIPDined on 11/7/2014went out to dinner with my son who lives in Tribeca. it was a great place to meet. the service was friendly and solicitous. the food was as described and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth your time . . .snarkyDined on 11/7/2014Marc has the right idea, menu and staff. We brought our 5 year old and had a great meal in NYC!Special Features:
- Awful overall experienceAprilRodVIPDined on 11/7/2014Upon arrival we were greeted by the hostess' back and bad attitude. As I looked around realizing how tiny the already packed space is, I mutter that I hoped they were not going to tell me we would be sitting at a table behind the front door where it's impossible not to be hit all night. The hostess heard and said "I guess I won't be telling you that then" in a nasty tone. Instead she sat us at another tiny table right on top of 3 surrounding tables - too close even by NYC standards. Begged waitress for a wine list after 25 minutes of zero acknowledgment from any staff. Denied request to sit at a booth. A couple eventually sat next to us and they immediately moved to the table to get hit by the door bc of how close we were. Food just OK.
- calm, comfortable, food excellentMndinesDined on 11/4/2014Very enjoyable lunch, calm comfortable atmosphere, the food was delicious, excellent specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful appetizerssabrinaVIPDined on 11/3/2014made into a meal of different delights. Thank you, Landmarc!Special Features:
- Hit the SpotHarrietDined on 11/2/2014Our family was celebrating 2 birthdays... a 45 and a 6 year old. The were 4 kids, one thru 8 years who are all pretty sophisticated eaters. The resturant was the perfect blend of kid friendly and menu friendly. A blessed escape from burgers, fries and chicken fingers and waiters who either consdescend or get too cutesy with kids. EVERYONE ENJOYED OUR EXPERIENCE and we will return.Special Features:
- Great family meal experience!ChrisDined on 11/2/2014We had a family brunch there recently (6 adults, 3 children and 1 baby), and I just have to say that the service was exceptional. We were a bit late for our reservation, but they didn't give us a hard time. It was so family- friendly...kids menus, high chairs, patient waitstaff. But food was very good too and nice wine list...not your typical kid friendly place. Big menu. Only thing (my son) didn't like was the kids hummus. It was dark in color and very dry/ not appetizing. They could easily fix that though. Otherwise, everyone was really happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weding dinnerChicVIPDined on 11/1/2014Had my wedding dinner there for 25 ppl the staff was amaiNg !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnootyKatblueDined on 10/30/2014I used to love Landmarc. Tonight the host was rude, the server distant, and the table in Siberia was freezing. We brought LA friends here - dinner took forever . Never an apology. One of our group didn't get entree till we were half finished Didn't have time for dessert or coffeeSpecial Features:
- Great little findPariswashomeDined on 10/29/2014Short but diverse and good menu, well prepared and presented. Good service - efficient and discrete. Reasonable pricing. Just what would expect from a staple, go-to regular local haunt in Paris. Only downside was the bar - bit of noise and people coming in and past/standing by the table while talking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland food and inattentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/28/2014This used to be one of our favorite TriBeCa spots -- this was the 2nd bad experience in the last two visits. The food was ordinary at best and the service was inattentive (especially after we commented on the blandness of the cod, which was the catch of the day). A friend gave us a gift certificate, but now that we've used it we're not likely to return. Not surprisingly, the place was cleared out by 10:00 PM. Not the "hot spot" it used t be. Much better options in the neighborhood.
- Great placeRp210Dined on 10/24/2014awesome menu, good food, good wine list, waitress was pleasant/responsive but did not have a clue (might have been new on the job)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mint in pesto? I don't think so...meatDined on 10/20/2014Unfortunately, due to a changing of their seasonal menu, a friend was unable to get his first 2 choices of dishes. Instead, he got a stylized pasta dish with a sauce pesto-ized with mint. Ick. The ribeye steak was it's usual greatness and the staff attentive and friendly for my first foray to the downtown location. Just bad timing I think. I'm still a fan of Lanmarc, but wish my friend had better luck with his supper.
- great food!! amazing service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014the only reason i did give it 5 stars was because our entire party really wanted the Lamb Chops but you were out. the waiter was very polite. we ended up getting something else which was delicious.Special Features:
- Extremely disappointingmonicaDined on 10/19/2014This was one of the worst experiences I've had in a NYC restaurant in a long time. I found the food to be mediocre and the service to be poor. We were a party of 10, celebrating a birthday and the waitress forgot to bring our 2 year old daughter's pizza. It came after we all finished and was inexplicably soggy and inedible. Then after I asked the waitress to bring chocolate mousse for a birthday surprise, she brought a blueberry crumble instead. When I got the bill we were charged numerous items that we did not order. With all the wonderful restaurants available in Tribeca, we chose to come here because we like the Lincoln Center restaurant. Won't make that mistake again.
- Good for a quick bite2chicksfromAmsterdamDined on 10/17/2014Food was good/ ok: nothing special but tasty. Service was good: pleasant, helpful staff, e.g. we asked for a different table and were accommodated straight away. Ambiance was so so: music was on quite loud and not very fitting to accompany a dinner (too upbeat) and there were so many kids... We had expected thexplace to be a bit more 'hip' and less mainstream.Special Features:
- Just okmugirlVIPDined on 10/15/2014Been going here for years but last couple of times the food has been tasteless and the service very spotty.
- DLRJDined on 10/11/2014No doubt it was a good choice for a dinner with my kids in NY. Good ambience and food for all ages. The presence of other kids also helped them to feel confotable. Service could be better, but was not a problem at all.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014Had a great evening , lovely meal and good service. i highly recommend it
- BusinessNYCvisitorDined on 10/8/2014Great for conducting business. It's properly lit, not too dark and not too light. It's very busy but not too loud to conduct business conversation. They have an extensive drink list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly staffBlooDined on 10/4/2014My friend & I chose Landmarc for his birthday. Wanted to compare with Scarpetta. The ambiance was strange, mainly due to inconsistent music genres. Expected something more sophisticated. All staff were knowledgeable, accomodating, friendly, & pleasant. Food was outstanding: we recommend the smoked mozzarella appetizer and the shallot butter sauce for your steak, specifically the filet mignon. The only disappointing item was the titamisu-- did not remind me of a tiramisu, instead of lady fingers, a sugary crumb was used, flavor was different overall, also serred in a little tin you would put ketchup in-- beyond tiny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little find fabulous pricesheidiandrayDined on 10/4/2014We had a great time! I mentioned in my review "kid friendly" please dont be scared if those little munchkins arent your favorite. We had selected an "early" reservation by NY standards (7), if we had come after 8 then usually just adults. Non the less amazing yummy food, and great prices .... im not kidding. The wiatress was very patient while i asked all my silly questions and made great recommendations! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteOnnieDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I already love the Landmarc, having eaten at the Columbus Circle location previously. The restaurant has the same vibe, same great menu, same unique and delicious mixed drinks, and our favorite Bartender from the Landmarc at Columbus Circle now works at the TriBeCa location...so we gave up our table and stayed at the bar with Risto (probably not spelling his name correctly...forgot to ask the spelling, but we love him). The bar is small and is circular, so five of us sat there comfortably. Great service all around. This location is smaller and more intimate...Very nice restaurant indeed.Special Features:
- foodmomVIPDined on 9/24/2014Service was great, food amazing. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Disappointing foodRtwoshoesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Went for lunch and the food was disappointing. Had the pasta that had pancetta in it which was mostly fat and neither of us wanted to eat it all. Left feeling hungry.
- top notchsabrinaVIPDined on 9/16/2014this is truly a great place to have a meeting, eat, and be in a discreet spot to do business. i highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Had a great dinner with our family. Loved that we could hear each other and there were lots of choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLEASANT LUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Went to the LandMarc in Tribeca. Have previously been to the Columbus Circle location. Food was excellent (as usual). It was a cold, rainy day in NYC and yet they had the A/C on full blast. Spoke to a server, who then got a manager who eagerly responded to our request to turn it off. Very young wait staff, mostly students, so service not at the level of Columbus Circle location. Would still heartily recommend this place for the food and Tribeca location, close to WTC, close to piers, etc..Special Features:
- Good service, wineAwaxyDined on 9/12/2014Our group of 4 enjoyed sharing the octopus and salmon crudo apps. Mains were a mixed bag - swordfish special of the day was excellent, mussels in white wine broth were OK - 4 or 5 didn't open and several were gritty, veal Milanese had a bit too much fat on it and some tough spots, linguini with clams was quite good with perfectly al dente pasta. Server was quite knowledgeable, although kind of disappeared during the middle of the meal. Had an excellent bottle of vermentino and well priced at $36! Also had a half-bottle of falanghina for $26 that was not as good as the vermentino. Didn't have dessert or coffee. Out the door bill was under $300 which is decent for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently spectacularSugarEsqDined on 9/9/2014This is my go to restaurant not only in Tribeca, but in all of NYC. Their specials are special and their menu is flawless. I've come to Landmarc for my birthday four years in a row. When I bring friends, they are always delighted.Special Features:
- CONTACT MEHenneDined on 9/5/2014Just moved to TriBeCa...amazing place to take my parents to give them them the sense of the neighborhood feel and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb ChopsSeeLeeVIPDined on 9/4/2014The Lamb Chops where great, and the bone marrow is a must try. Great place for a date night. Food is a little pricier than most but we can expect that in the area.Special Features:
- We loved it!OursiDined on 8/29/2014Perfect dining experience with our 2 and 3 year old daughters. Great kids menu, friendly staff and great food. A must for all families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.