179 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.landmarc-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2123433883x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Marc Murphy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Landmarc offers fully staffed catering as well as drop-off platters. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Landmarc [tribeca] can accommodate a variety of private events. Please contact Benchmarc Events by Marc Murphy for more info.
- Private Party Contact: Benchmarc Events by Marc Murphy 2126258270x
A word from Landmarc TriBeCa
Marc Murphy teamed up with his wife Pamela Schein Murphy to open their first restaurant, Landmarc (Tribeca), in April 2004. It has since become a neighborhood favorite, serving contemporary bistro fare that blends French and Italian favorites with an award-winning wine list, all at reasonable prices, in a cutting-edge Tribeca setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Landmarc TriBeCa - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Landmarc TriBeCa reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (19)kid-friendly (16)special occasion (16)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (13)romantic (12)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/17/2014Went for lunch and the food was disappointing. Had the pasta that had pancetta in it which was mostly fat and neither of us wanted to eat it all. Left feeling hungry.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Had a great dinner with our family. Loved that we could hear each other and there were lots of choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLEASANT LUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Went to the LandMarc in Tribeca. Have previously been to the Columbus Circle location. Food was excellent (as usual). It was a cold, rainy day in NYC and yet they had the A/C on full blast. Spoke to a server, who then got a manager who eagerly responded to our request to turn it off. Very young wait staff, mostly students, so service not at the level of Columbus Circle location. Would still heartily recommend this place for the food and Tribeca location, close to WTC, close to piers, etc..Special Features:
- Good service, wineAwaxyDined on 9/12/2014Our group of 4 enjoyed sharing the octopus and salmon crudo apps. Mains were a mixed bag - swordfish special of the day was excellent, mussels in white wine broth were OK - 4 or 5 didn't open and several were gritty, veal Milanese had a bit too much fat on it and some tough spots, linguini with clams was quite good with perfectly al dente pasta. Server was quite knowledgeable, although kind of disappeared during the middle of the meal. Had an excellent bottle of vermentino and well priced at $36! Also had a half-bottle of falanghina for $26 that was not as good as the vermentino. Didn't have dessert or coffee. Out the door bill was under $300 which is decent for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently spectacularSugarEsqDined on 9/9/2014This is my go to restaurant not only in Tribeca, but in all of NYC. Their specials are special and their menu is flawless. I've come to Landmarc for my birthday four years in a row. When I bring friends, they are always delighted.Special Features:
- CONTACT MEHenneDined on 9/5/2014Just moved to TriBeCa...amazing place to take my parents to give them them the sense of the neighborhood feel and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb ChopsSeeLeeVIPDined on 9/4/2014The Lamb Chops where great, and the bone marrow is a must try. Great place for a date night. Food is a little pricier than most but we can expect that in the area.Special Features:
- We loved it!OursiDined on 8/29/2014Perfect dining experience with our 2 and 3 year old daughters. Great kids menu, friendly staff and great food. A must for all families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why Zagat top 7 for Child friendly?BlandDined on 8/22/2014The staff were nice. The food was bland and overpriced. I would never go back or recommend it. I was sorry and embarassed I had chosen it for visitors from Europe.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Order the filet mignon medium rare, came out past well done sent it back and the second try was still well done. very disappointing
- Unfortunately, not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Looking for a late din on a Saturday night, we found that Landmarc had a reservation available so decided to try it. We walked into a near empty restaurant with the exception of a few people at the bar. Rather than find a new restaurant, we figured we should stick it out. The food is reasonably priced as are the bottles of wine. The waitress was nice enough though she didn't seemed thrilled to be working late on a Saturday night (understandably). We ordered our meal and enjoyed our wine, no issues. The food was good, I had the fish of the day which was well prepared with a corn puree. All in all, it was an ok experience but definitely don't intend to go back.
- Lisa TuckerNC2NYDined on 8/16/2014We arrived early for dinner, only diners inside, waited over 1o minutes for a server to come to table. Appetizers were cold( bone marrow should be served warm) bread was burnt. Beautiful NY strip was ordered medium-rare, served medium well. Even though they comped the steak, it was a waste. The caramel onions & apples saved the night also great wine.Special Features:
- Service Awesome; Food notFoodSnobVIPDined on 8/13/2014we had a party of 15 people and the Landmarc was reccomended in reviews for a great place for a arge group. It indeed was, we went upstairs and we almost had the entire floor. The server was great and very attentive and the location was perfect, but was very dissapointed with the food. Very few individuals in the group were impressed with the food from the Filet, NY Strip, Flat Iron Steak, Salmon, etc. For the price and hype, we expected more. Steaks were tough, did not seem like good quality meats. The appetizers were greasy and so so. Talking to other friends in the neighborhood, they since have told me that the Landmarc is good for brunch, but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Tasty fooddrinkwineDined on 7/29/2014Tried the roasted marrow bones with onion marmalade and loved it! Lamb chops were perfect and the burger was cooked to a delicious med/rare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best choicesabrinaVIPDined on 7/24/2014Always a hit - with friends, neighbors, visitors from afar. LandMarc TriBeCa has it all from food, location, top notch staff and more.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/22/2014I live in the area and frequent Landmarc for dinner. I brought my friend for the first time and she LOVED it!Special Features:
- Never againJlk4Dined on 7/20/2014Had an appitzer of mussels & they were okay...we ordered our mains & ask the waiter how the chef prepared the meat & he said medium well.. When it came it was rare & my husband couldn't eat it. So they took his plate away & said it would just be a moment to cook it a little more. 10 minutes later they brought back the plate with the sauce & vegetables but no meat. I was finished my meal when his meat finally came. The waiter said he would look after us at the end, but brought us candy floss as an apology . We said no thankyou.. Bring us the bill. When the bill came so did the candy floss again... Our waiter never came back to the table. No apology , didn't say can we get you a dessert or coffee nothing. Choose a different restaurant
- Loved the Landmarc!huskergirlDined on 7/18/2014While staying in the Tribeca neighborhood, I searched online for a "kid friendly" restaurant close to our hotel. I made the reservation the same day and was happy they could accommodate our party of four. The restaurant has a great "vibe" and was busy when we arrived. We were wishing we'd been able to sit outside, but the patio was full. We were seated inside and had a nice, quiet table. We ordered wine and the children had sodas. My sister ordered salmon, which looked fantastic and I had steak, which was cooked perfectly. Our boys were both very happy with their hamburgers. Our waitress was very friendly. We were happy we'd found this place and let the concierge at our hotel know about our experience.Special Features:
- Chill spot for weekday dinnerAJiLVIPDined on 7/14/2014Not crowded at all on a Monday night. Grilled skirt steak was good, as was their homemade pasta with pesto. Solid food, smart casual environment. Wouldn't go out of my way to go here, but if you're in the area looking for a bite to eat, a good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak as Large as a Dinosaur HaunchBronxBeeDined on 7/9/2014i ordered the rib eye -- very rare -- and it came, perfectly cooked and a huge slab of a steak! the creamed spinach was very good, if not remarkable. the lemon tart i had for dessert was lovely, and very lemony, but the portion was a bit *tiny* -- especially after the steak, i expected a much larger piece of the tart. the wine we had was nice, but i did feel the wine list was just a bit overpriced. the bottle we had was an American Rose blend, and it was $40, when maybe $32 would have been more reasonable. Service was first rate. The place was a bit loud and the lights a bit dim for 7:00 p.m. on a summer weekday night, but overall it was a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJatEdinburghDined on 7/5/2014We found this restaurant to be disappointing. We were there on a Saturday night whilst staying in NY for weekend but there weren't a huge number of people there. We booked this place after researching places in the area on the internet. Whilst the service was excellent (relaxed but attentive) the food was a bit lacking in terms of quality. I had the filet mignon which managed to be dry and chewy, even though it was cooked rare. It took too much effort to cut the meat and ultimately I didn't eat all of it. The shallot bordelaise had no evidence of shallots and didn't taste like it had been made from scratch. My husband's cavatelli was much better although he found the sauce a bit heavy. The peas tasted lovely and fresh unlike my meat!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Impeccable service. Great ambiance. Outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their "classic" cavatelli...BillyPVIPDined on 6/22/2014…comes smothered in pesto. Doesn't mention this anywhere on the menu. Big misstep.Special Features:
- Good Food, Mediocre ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014The wine list is extensive, with a great half-bottle selection. The food is very good. Overall, I would have liked to rate this restaurant higher, but the service was poor. Our waitress spent most of her time chatting with the bartender and ignoring her tables. The manager joined in on the conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LandmarcRichardVIPDined on 6/21/2014Surprisingly and disappointingly mediocre. Service is decent enough but the food was mediocre to barely passable.Special Features:
- Straight from Spain to the tableaaem05Dined on 6/20/2014We landed at JFK at midday & were dining at Landmarc at 8.30 PM. The place is nice, the waiters very friendly & helpful and the hamburgers one of the best I ever had. I am sure we will repeat before our flight back homeSpecial Features:
- CavatelliAnniversary28VIPDined on 6/20/2014Was very disappointing. I ordered it because it's a specialty of the house but it was like little soft rocks with a heavy glutenous pea sauce. Hamburgers and calamari were very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Tribeca RestaurantFoodizusDined on 6/19/2014The fried calamari appetizer was outstanding. The filet mignon was a little overdone and prices ($39) were a bit steep; everything was ala carte. Wine selection was quite decent and the decor was quiet and trendy. Overall, a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid Friendly, but good for FoodiesFoodieWithKidsDined on 6/19/2014We chose this restaurant because of its celebrity chef owner and the good reviews we found on the internet, especially those that pointed out that this foodie appropriate restaurant is kid friendly. We weren't disappointed. The food was excellent and the kids were accommodated well. Our waiter was really great. Our reservations were for 6pm and when we arrived there was only one other table occupied. This was not a good sign, but business picked up quickly after that. Landmarc is not fine dining, nor is the food exotic, but it was a good choice nonetheless. My wife's lamb chops were the best she ever had and my signature pasta dish was also excellent. The kids enjoyed their peanut butter and nutella sandwiches and fries.Special Features:
- DisappointingjdjarDined on 6/13/2014I was looking forward to trying Landmarc and the restaurant was charming. Sadly, our server was not. She told us that all cheeses were pasturized on the cheese plate (had a pregnant friend) then came back to tell us only 2 were. Made a horrible face when the child at the next table screamed out (inappropriate). Was just not friendly in general. They were also unwilling to make any changes to items on the menu such as subbing a different side item. Due to the poor service we choose to leave after our first round of drinks and the cheese plate and found a MUCH friendlier restaurant down the street!
- Lunch at the LandmarcBabsVIPDined on 6/10/2014Great service! Great outdoor table. We had a delicious omelette (build your own) with salad and a fantastic Niçoise salad complete with rare tuna. Don't miss mini dessert ice cream cones! Hazelnut, coffee and mint chocolate chip were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorriblepassDined on 6/7/2014The worst dining experience ever; i ordered the signature pasta dish with bacon and they gave me all fat chunks from the bacon in lieu of bacon. i sent the dish back and it ruined our nite out. The reviews of this place do not match the food. The table wasnt set; the served us bread with no plates. no one checked on us to see if we needed anythging and the place was not even crowded. Poor service and the food was not good. the chef should be embarrassed to send a dish with all fat and no bacon.
- A real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Landmarc TriBeCa was absolutely wonderful. I celebrated my birthday with a group of close friends and the ambiance and food was excellent. In the planning of my birthday celebration, I had to adjust my reservation twice and Landmarc was very accommodating and pleasant with those request. I arrived early and my table was ready and the waitress greeted me with a smile. I had a french toast like dish with as side of cured bacon that was to die for. My party had a variety of foods off the brunch and lunch menu. Everyone enjoyed their meals and we all plan to return in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were very accommodatingMehhhVIPDined on 6/6/2014We started off as a group of 10 and morphed to 13. The restaurant handled it in stride. Always good, reliable food that is great for a group. They are very professional, the menu is perfect (except it could use another couple of vegetarian options) and the ambiance is right.Special Features:
- MissPrissie711Dined on 6/6/2014The bone marrow was outstanding. Brunch items available on the lunch menu. They open at 11:00am which is great for visiting the Freedom Tower and the 911 museum.Special Features:
- Great dinnerCatskillinnkeeperDined on 6/2/2014My four college roommates and I had a delightful and tasty dinner. The wine special for the evening was a well priced and just right dry white Semillion Sauvignon Blanc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can get upstairs...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Overall awesome experience! Great food, awesome wine list, cool ambience. However, if you want a more intimate experience, ask to be seated upstairs. In regards to opentable, my reservation never got to the restaurant had no record of it. Thankfully landmarc had open seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disppointing foodBKFoodieDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I were out for a special date night and thought Landmarc would be a great spot. Sadly, the food was incredibly disappointing. The short rib and ricotta lasagna sounded incredible, but it was cold and had no flavor. The steak was a B+, but the chimichurri sauce was mainly oil and a C. Our waiter was nice, but it did not make up for the food. Not worth it.
- The following 224 reviews are from the Landmarc TriBeCa reviews archive.
- Cannot recommendCommonperson1VIPDined on 5/24/20143 dishes were inedible, food was so inappropriately spicey that tears came down our faces. Service terrible.
- Excellent dinner and environmentTribecafanDined on 5/22/2014We were upstairs, which I think is a bit more spacious layout than downstairs. Excellent food - not too many options but varied menu to suit all tastes. Superb attentive but not intrusive service.Special Features: