Landmarc at the Time Warner Center
10 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 11102Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Landmarc at the Time Warner Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.landmarc-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 823-6123
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Lunch: Daily: 7:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Marc Murphy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the North tower of the Time Warner Center, Landmarc [at the Time Warner Center] offers two impressive event rooms. These rooms can hold two separate parties, or be combined into one large room
- Private Party Contact: Benchmarc Events by Marc Murphy 2126258270x
- Special Events: Landmarc (Tribeca) and Landmarc (At the Time Warner Center) are available for private events such as cocktail receptions, dinners, wedding receptions and more. Let’s start planning yours! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
A word from Landmarc at the Time Warner Center
Chef Marc Murphy and his wife, Pamela Schein Murphy, bring their downtown neighborhood bistro uptown to the Time Warner Center. Landmarc offers contemporary bistro dishes as well as a famously well-priced wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Landmarc at the Time Warner Center - Best Restaurants in Columbus Circle ›
Landmarc at the Time Warner Center reviews from OpenTable diners
343 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (136)kid-friendly (123)scenic view (105)fit for foodies (96)great for lunch (94)great for brunch (92)neighborhood gem (68)hot spot (51)special occasion (49)vibrant bar scene (48)notable wine list (45)late-night find (41)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Delighted to be seated by the window.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Our table was looking out on Columbus Circle, great luck. Food was very good. Service was fast and helpful. The noise level didn't bother us because we were next to window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK food, agonizingly slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014There's a reason it's easy to get brunch reservations at Landmarc. While their food is well prepared, the menu is fairly unimaginative and the kitchen incredibly slow.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Good atmosphere but completely overpriced for what it was
- NYC's Chuckie CheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014The line up of strollers at the doors should have been fair warning. This is not the place for conversation. It's like a NYC version of Chuckie Cheese's. Better food, but kids rule the place on a Saturday afternoon.
- LandMarc was offOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014I have been to LandMarc several times and it is my go to place with my boys. However my last experience made me question that dedication. I do not know what happened I made a reservation, called on Friday to reconfirm. My party arrived on time and checked in with the hostess, then we waited and waited and waited. I asked what was taking so long as little ones get cranky when they are hungry, the hostess said that they were cleaning the table. We waited thirty minutes went by and we asked again. They were still cleaning the table. But now they had seated several parties that arrived after us, had later reservations than we did and were the same size as my party. Finally 40 minutes after our original reservation were we seated. I am hoping that this was just an offer morning.Special Features:
- Good food, TERRIBLE serviceNYCMomX2Dined on 11/22/2014The food is always good, however the wait for the food (even with reservations) is always too long. From the time we sat, it took us 15 minutes (and asking several people) to get water, another 5 to get bread, and our waitress came over to us after 25 minutes to take our order and could not have been more rude. It was brunch on Saturday and we had 2 children with us -- it was hectic, crowded, loud, and I understand why she was in a sour mood (I would be too if I had to work there!). However, they need to better staff during high volume times or rework their tables -- something needs to be done. If this wasn't the only somewhat affordable place at Time Warner Center, then it would not get the kind of traffic it does. Not worth the aggravation and being treated as rudely as we were.
- I love this restaurant convenient locationLolooooo23Dined on 11/21/2014The food has always been outstanding most recently had the filet mignon cooked rare perfectly last time I got a burger also impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service made up for one bad dishLuckyJoeDined on 11/21/2014i have been here a few times and always had a positive experience. this time my meal was less than great and they took great care to fix the situation promptly. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip lunch spot but menu seems a tad differentCharlotteJLeeDined on 11/20/2014I normally love Landmarc - great location, hip place especially for that special lunch, but what happened to the amazing grilled chicken sandwich with caramelized onions?? Onions are gone and it tastes ordinary and not the juicy moist sandwich it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids dayGordonVIPDined on 11/16/2014This is a great place for families with kids but be prepared for the high level of noise. The selection of food is very good but wine only is sold in half or whole bottles, no wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Good atmosphere, not that impressed with the foodNYCyaDined on 11/14/2014After what I'd heard about this outstanding menu, I found the caesar salad to be quite ordinary and the marrow bones to be fatty, greasy and tasteless. I give it several stars for the presentation. The wine was good but two half bottles, one entree salad and two appetizers ran us around $125.00 (not including tip), which felt excessive. Once our order was taken and delivered, the waiter made himself quite scarce. Almost missed an 8:00 curtain. Great place to linger if you have the time- good atmosphere and I imagine another food choice may have been more satisfying. I'd be willing to try it again, since this place was highly recommended and the atmosphere is, in fact, inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great. but...FoodsterVIPDined on 11/13/2014Superlatives on food, service, deepest and most fairly priced wine list in NYC, etc. One issue is balancing great family friendly atmosphere and the wishes of other diners to not be disturbed by children being children. Not interested in the Great Debate, but management could do better in seating arrangements to accommodate everyone's needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- watch out for the upsellClydeVIPDined on 11/13/2014Met here for a business breakfast because of location. servers are stretched thin, so it was hard to get our waiter's attention. food is only meh. worst part was when the bill came: they charged us four dollars each for english muffins, thirteen dollars for a side of fruit. My associate and i both ordered omelettes and the waiter asked "would you like toast or an english muffin?" 'Would you like fruit?" typical questions, right? however, we had no idea that everything is a la carte, so the normal question of 'what kind of toast?' actually meant "Would you like to spend an extra $4 for an english muffin?" ridiculous. When you're charging $16 for an omelette, I think you can include an english muffin. Boo.
- LittlehopVIPDined on 11/11/2014We wanted something close to our condo after flying in at night. Service was prompt and our server was helpful with suggestions..my son ordered the hamburger medium which came slightly rare ( he ate every bite), my husband ordered the pasta dish which was slightly salty and was with pork, and I ordered french onion soup which was fair...the saving grace were the desserts, crime brûlée, lemon tart and the chocolate mousse..overall it was quite average at best especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great StaffRiqieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Love the staff here - so friendly and accommodating. Set up a birthday brunch for a 13 year old and a group of her friends. Staff were so helpful in letting me decorate the table in advance of their arrival and just a delight to work with. I've been to Landmarc a few times with friends for drinks, dinner, brunch etc. but working with some of them on this mini event proved what a great group they are - on a super busy Sunday they were all super helpful and made my job so much easier.Special Features:
- Had a too high expectationkmlove62Dined on 11/8/2014the noise level was just like manhattan, so was a little loud but that was ok. Seafood was very good the thing was spaghetti. Very nothing special about that. I could have done it at home in fact anyone could have done it. It was Pasta special but hardly recommend it, very unexpected quality compared to the price. It was.. disappointing.Special Features:
- Great kids menuKLomaxDined on 11/8/2014I didn't realize this was inside a shopping center but it is. The menu was not huge but the children's selection was good. They also bring cotton candy to the table along with the kids desserts, which they loved! They have a huge wine list and my food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedDarthPontVIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I came here for dinner at 6 p.m. It was our first time at the restaurant and was highly recommended by a coworker. He neglected to mention it would be overrun by kids. We both love children--the well-behaved kind. Tonight, there were at least 4 groups of rowdy kids whose parents sat at one table and the kids sat at another and apparently screaming contests are really popular. It was more surprising than anything else, considering most NYC restaurants don't feel like a McDonald's playplace (not at these prices). Regardless, the food was pretty good. The mozzarella fritters were fantastic. We didn't stay for dessert because we couldn't hear each other the entire meal. We'll come back the next time we want to avoid conversation...Special Features:
- landmarc diningfamtimeDined on 11/8/2014The meal was delicious...the staff extremely helpful with our various food sensitivities...the service was quick and efficient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LandmarcOxfordBxDined on 11/8/2014Good food, comfortable atmosphere, great wine list, friendly atmosphere, never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastkmadDined on 11/8/2014Awesome breakfast --- French toast is a must!! Service was fast, friendly and efficient! Had a window seat and the view of Columbus Circle was an added bonus. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent TimeBarryVIPDined on 11/5/2014As usual the food and atmosphere were excellent. The service is always attentive and engaging.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualamazingDined on 11/5/2014I adore Landmarc! One of the loveliest and best staffed resturants on the UWS! Sir RichardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food - nothing specialsugcoVIPDined on 11/5/2014I wouldn't call this place good French casual at all. Not a lot of menu choices. Mostly bread, more bread and bread. Wine only served by half bottle or bottle, no glass. Easy place if you are in Columbus circle but not cheap. Price is higher than moderate.
- Fantastic food if a bit noisyMarcoosDined on 11/4/2014Food was tremendous! One of the best steaks I have ever had. Great location and service. Only slight issue was it was really noisy which made conversation difficult and struggled to hear waitersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchALMTDined on 11/2/2014We got to Restaurant and had asked in our 3 week prior reservation for a window table because we were celebrating a birthday. They gave us a table as far away from the window as you could get. I finally got them to give us an window and reminded them about our celebration. The waitress came took our order from there we had to beg for coffee or service of any kind. The food was excellent but the poor service affected our experience. The Birthday was never acknowledged. I do not plan to return.Special Features:
- bigblueVIPDined on 11/1/2014a good choice close to Lincoln Center. noise level can quite high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landmarc not a LandmarkAteThereTooDined on 11/1/2014I was disappointed that the food didn't stand out... I absolutely love sweat breads; these were just okay. The mussels were cooked perfectly, but the rosemary was too strong, and I hardly tasted the bacon. I did enjoy my bone marrow. My husband was happy with both his lamb meatballs and his monkfish; I thought both were just okay. Perhaps I had ordered too eagerly, and that a simple steak or pasta is the way to go. That is my guess, should I return. But, I have easy access to all the great foodie restaurants in Bklyn, and it's hard to beat most restaurants there; the prices are about the same or less. The wait staff was impressive at Landmarc and we were quickly escorted to our table. Wine was quite good, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Great placeK8ieNDined on 10/30/2014Oh the marrow bones....so glad my sister talked us into them! Yum! We were seated quickly, took a bit to get water but then they kept filling it even though I'd not taken a drink~funny. The place was energetic and stylish. There was a suitcase check, very nice. Great meal options, lovely presentation, great temperature. I'd certainly go back.Special Features:
- Food okay, poor serviceLilaDined on 10/26/2014I like Landmarc, it's my go to neighborhood place. It seems that each time I go though, the service gets worse and worse. I had a 3 yr old and a baby with me, and I had to wait endlessly for everything--not cool when you are with two kids.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014So many small children running lose is going to be a serious risk one day when one of them cracks it's skull open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, casual environmentnycresDined on 10/26/2014a find for this area, great food and service in a casual, welcoming atmosphere at a fair price. Lots of families with kids but not overly noisy. We weren't rushed at all which can be common in NYC. Highly recommend the Pain Perdu - amazing.Special Features:
- Never Disappointsbnava18Dined on 10/26/2014I have been going to Landmarc at the Time Warner Center for special occasions and it is truly a great place to be. I don't live or work around the area, but many times it has become my choice to gather with friends to celebrate, or bring out of town guests. Food is consistent, place is spacious. Although I am not there too often, every time it has been fantastic.Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 10/25/2014A little disappointed with the experience. I had high hopes and was let down. There were way too many tables for the space. Had to squeeze in almost knocking over your neighbors drinks just to sit down. Some entrée portions were so small they should be appetizers. For the high price, I expected a lot more.Special Features:
- Very AverageRael32Dined on 10/25/2014Given worst seat in the place, with large selection available. Tasty food, small portions. Large space, many people, VERY loud...but quite a fun vibe overall. Lots of other choices in NYC. Will try others before returning here. Very average overall.Special Features:
- Go to spot for pre-concert dinnerStephenHVIPDined on 10/25/2014This has become my go to spot for pre-concert dinners when I have a show in the Time Warner Center. Very good food, reasonable prices for the neighborhood and a friendly "bring your own wine" policy. I am sure I will be back a few more times this year.Special Features:
- Good FoodPChPDined on 10/25/2014We've been to Landmarc twice in the last month. Both times the food was very, very good. Service was also very, very good. The first time we were seated by the window overlooking Columbus Circle at a table with a white table cloth. Very nice - out of the fray. Almost elegant. The second time we were seated away from the window, squeezed in among crowded together tables with no table cloths. The food was just as good, but the experience was nowhere near elegant. Landmarc is a good compromise if you're going to JALC and don't want to pay Porterhouse, Per Se, A Voce prices, but be careful where you sit so you don't feel like you're at a mall food court.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We went to celebrate an engagement. Right after the proposal! The immediate family was there to surprise the bride. Restaurant helped us pull it off and put us at a beautiful table w/a gorgeous view. We've been there before but the bride's family hadn't and everyone loved their food and the atmosphere was wonderful.Special Features:
- Good boudin, experience okJulieDined on 10/24/2014We had a reservation for 8 people for 7 pm and when we got there, our table was not ready. We asked a table next to the window IF that was possible. We were told they will look. It took them 40 min and us asking 5 times when our table will be ready to sit us, not close to the window. It would have been just fine to say they had nothing next to the window. They offered us appetizer but we could not chose which ones we wanted (really?) Our waiter was nice but told us the rabbit was not spicy when it was (big chunks of spicy peppers) and we found several bones in it (small pieces in shredded meat). On the other hand, the boudin was amazing (unfortunately, it is potatoes or potatoes with it and no substitution allowed) and so were the desserts.Special Features:
- Pre Lincoln Jazz ConcertOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/24/2014I arrived early and the staff were so kind and seated me. I was so pleased with our server, Kennedy. She couldn't have been more pleasant and attentive. Kennedy checked on me to see if I wanted anything while I waited. When my family arrived, we were taken care of promptly. I had read some reviews saying negative things regarding service. I only have positive things to say about our experience. Food was very good. I also want to say, Kennedy asked me about the note I placed on Open Table regarding a nut allergy before we had to mention it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.