115 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.landinibrothers.com/
- Phone: (703) 836-8404
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sundays: 11.30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Landini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Lee Street and King Street
- Public Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is available or there is a parking garage located right behind the restaurant on Lee Street. Colonial Parking $10.00 flat rate. WE NOW OFFER VALET SERVICE. Friday and Saturday nights, starting at 5:30pm until 11:00pm, for $5.00.
A word from Landini Brothers
Franco and Noe Landini are the proud hosts of Landini Brothers restaurant. Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, and close to the Potomac River, Landini Brothers is a well-established landmark in Northern Virginia. It has been serving northern Italian food in the traditional Tuscan style since it opened in 1976. Franco's annual visits to his family and friends in Tuscany provide him with ample opportunity to learn about the latest advances in Tuscan cuisine—knowledge he brings home for the dining pleasure of restaurant guests. Come join us for brunch! Sunday at 11:30am to 3:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Landini Brothers - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Landini Brothers reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)special occasion (78)romantic (63)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (50)notable wine list (50)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- The best night spot for dining in Old TownPFunkDined on 11/21/2014I visit Landini Brothers often, sometimes just for the drinks and bar scene, and other time for excellent sit down meals with my girlfriend. Truly a classy, romatintic atmosphere, with a great wine menu and good size menu. EVERYTHING is good. Make reservations for a Fri or Sat night.Special Features:
- Date nightFoodieMCDined on 11/21/2014Came here with my boyfriend for date night. We had the oyster Rockefeller to start, favor was good but it was a little watery. We also had the lobster linguine special and mussels and calm linguine. The lobster was amazing!! My food was fine, large portion of calms and mussels, very little pasta. All in all a good experience food wise. Service left something to be desired. It wasn't bad, just felt like we were being rushed. Also they no longer valid parking in the colonial garage behind them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Absolutely perfect. What a great atmosphere. Multiple servers took very good care of us but were not too overbearing. The pasta was simply incredible. The atmosphere was very energetic, with patrons from 1 year old to ninety. Obviously a longstanding neighborhood gem. As visitors we were definitely steered in the right direction here. I'll return to Alexandria just to eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwitzerlandVIPDined on 11/19/2014The mahi mahi special was tender and flavorful, and the grilled chicken panini was excellent. Alfonso provided outstanding service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT ITLATIAN RESTAURANTDaveGDined on 11/16/2014Just great food. While moderately busy, not noisy at all. Wait staff attentive, didn't hover. Everyone loved their food. Our first trip to Landini's after moving from area over 8 years ago. Restaurant is still as good as ever. I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Landini Brothers!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2014Took my work team here to celebrate a new contract we won. Food was great as always...one of my favorite restaurants in AlexandriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and staff!DeanDineDined on 11/11/2014Terrific meal with a wide range of options, all of which were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great!CB1107Dined on 11/7/2014Fabulous Veal Chops and steaks. Good wine selections and a real Old Town gem. Service is usually spot on, we just hit an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but too noisySwinva2002Dined on 11/5/2014The ambiance and service at Landini's is very good; very "classy". The food was good-to-very good. I would definitely go back but if you're looking for a somewhat quiet place for easy conversation you should asked to be seated in an area that is more subdued.Special Features:
- well done in every wayRoyGDined on 11/5/2014This was a special lunch at a a special place. We wanted a quiet spot for the five of us and had a perfect table in the back corner. The menu and specials made the choice difficult, but two of us had special veal dishes, two had terrific pork chops, and one had a delightful seafood pasta. Desserts were dangerously delicious chocolate treats. The waiter was knowledgeable and managed to be there when needed and unobtrusive otherwise. The special lunch was indeed special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dependable choicepmjedwardsVIPDined on 10/28/2014Great food, reasonable price, well-selected wine list. What more can one ask for?Special Features:
- Awesome placePFunkDined on 10/28/2014Great place for an evening drink with appetizers, or a sit down meal with a bottle of wine. Fun bar scene and great atmosphere in the dining room.Special Features:
- A ClassicAlexandrianDined on 10/25/2014Landini Brothers has kept its quality for the 30 years I have been eating there. Great place to bring friends and family!Special Features:
- Even tourists deserve better!FluffmuffiganDined on 10/25/2014Gorgeous location in the heart of old town. But ... Absolutely dreadful food and service. The menu has not been updated since sometime in the early 1970s. Linguine and clam sauce? Really???Special Features:
- Nice but DisappointingAntonioDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant has a good visual atmosphere but for those of us looking for a romantic real Italian dining experience ... This is not the place.... Classic rock and roll music playing in the background ruins the experience ... Will be looking for a more authentic Italian restaurant next time ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!luv2exploreDined on 10/23/2014Love Landini's for special occasions - always great food & service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old world feelPFunkDined on 10/21/2014Landini Brothers is tucked into a beautiful spot on King St. The atmosphere is polished and on the darker (light-wise) side. Great drinks at the bar and an excellent menu. I'd recommend the artichoke for an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landini's is great!McgreleVIPDined on 10/18/2014Landini's is always good but on Saturday evening it exceeded our expectations. The food was absolutely perfect and the staff made the entire experience wonderful. This is one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Just OKComingbackDined on 10/18/2014People in the area rave about this landmark restaurant. It was great to be able to sit on King Street on a sunny day and enjoy the people watching. However the food and service were lackluster. Just ok. Still worth the experience overall.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Very nicely decorated restaurant with friendly service. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Outside Dining in October!CraigVIPDined on 10/17/2014Dining outside in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia is always a treat....but, in late October? With very comfortable weather, outdoors at Landini Brothers was perfect. While it had been months since I'd been able to stop in for a lunch or dinner, we were greeted like the old friends we actually are. The specials are always delightful and the menu has a great range of offerings. On this particular day, the cold lobster salad was a great choice...it is always enjoyable. My friend put down the menu and just described how he would like the salmon served. It was prepared exactly as requested. The service is excellent and friendly, never leaving you waiting, but not hovering about, either. I made the commitment to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection & portions!JohnDined on 10/15/2014We went through the menu but when our server told us about the specials, we just had to change our minds. I had the veal and it was absolutely great. My wife had the Chilean sea bass which was just right for her. We were seated on the second floor which was not as cozy as the first floor but good for 5 or more covers.Special Features:
- KathywithaKDined on 10/15/2014Everything was outstanding! We were visiting D.C. and staying in Alexandria, VA. Next time we travel to D.C. (from South Carolina) we will dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceanniespaVIPDined on 10/13/2014My sister and her husband were in town from California, and staying in Alexandria. The preferred an Italian restaurant, so I went on line and found Landini Bros. To our surprise, it was a great experience. We were seated promptly. Our server Alphonso could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. Three of us wanted dishes not on the menu, and they made them for us with an "Of course we can". The food was excellent, the wine list more than adequate in all price ranges, and not too overpriced. Highly recommended, would look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for romantic night or b-dayElyseDined on 10/9/2014I made a reservation through Open Table for my boyfriend's birthday and I was very impressed with them! They had confetti on the table, a birthday card, and came with with a dessert/candle and sang Happy Birthday. It was a great personal touch. The food was also excellent and will definitely become a regular restaurant for us to celebrate happy occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent seafood: the smoked fished linguini was unique and delicious. Would like a better selection of soups.Special Features:
- can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014This place never changes and that is good. Food is well prepared, wait staff thoughtful and efficient, wine list not to pricy, just a real nice experience for good Italian food.Special Features:
- 2nd floor bustOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014We had a late reservation and we were seated on the 2nd floor dining room. The service was bad and our view of the kitchen/dishwasher was upsetting. The wait staff would keep the kitchen door open and have large group conversations which was very rude. We considerd leaving beause it took 10mins just to get our drink order. I am not sure we will ever done there again.
- Great for the groupGnocchiDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant has a great range of Italian food for all tastes. The locale is inviting and warm.Special Features:
- Exceptional experience in Old TownMyrtleDined on 10/2/2014The menu is varied, the preparation exceptional! We ate there a week ago and enjoyed it so much went back with friends this week!! The osso buco and soft shell crabs were the best I have ever eaten!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014This was a birthday celebration. My friend and I arrived to find festive table-level, simple but distinctive decorations ) surrounding a card from the management and staff wishing me a happy birthday --- a lovely way to start. Our lunches were delicious - and the complementary salad fresh and flavorful. A on the house tiramisu with candle arrived - large enough to share. My friend and I agreed it was the best we have ever had - and we are tiramisu lovers. It was a wonderful birthday lunch at one of the requested window tables overlooking lower King Street's Old Town view. Kudo's to Landini Brothers for making this such a fine experience.Special Features:
- Great for an Anniversaryemmaus81Dined on 9/22/2014This was the second time we went to Landini Brothers for an Anniversary and it's always a special treat. It's located in a wonderful section of Old Town Alexandria and the food is delicious. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a special dinner. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Landini's Never DisappointsThomasDined on 9/22/2014I have been coming here for years. It is the only place I will order veal. The service, food ,and drinks are always exemplary. Without a doubt, one of the best restaurants in the galaxy! Thank you again for a wonderful dining experience. We will return.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I always get a good meal at Landini Brothers. I love the veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodStaceyTVIPDined on 9/20/2014Service is professional but a little icy. Otherwise no issues. Food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatET1963Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, descent priced for a hot spot in Old Town Alexandria. The Linguine alle Pescatora is my favorite. Go early, gets really busy after 7pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwitzerlandVIPDined on 9/19/2014Alfonso provided excellent service, and when our dinner honoree requested a dish (eggplant parmesan) not on the menu, he took said "no problem"! The branzino special was outstanding, and were the shrimp scampi and the angnolotti stuffe with spinach, and of course, the eggplant!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and atmosphereTeresaVIPDined on 9/17/2014Landini Brothers continues to be one of my favorite restaurants in Old Town. I don't love their wine list by the glass, but their list of bottles can't be beat, especially if you enjoy Italian wines! At my most recent visit, I had the chilled artichoke which is so good I have tried to make it myself at home. Also, I enjoyed the linguini with white clam sauce which was delicious. The waiters are thoughtful and attentive. I would highly recommend Landini Brothers!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFunTimeDined on 9/17/2014We always have a good time and good food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Experience in Old TownprestoVIPDined on 9/15/2014We have consistently enjoyed this restaurant and its food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.