115 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.landinibrothers.com/
- Phone: 7038368404
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sundays: 11.30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Landini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Lee Street and King Street
- Public Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is available or there is a parking garage located right behind the restaurant on Lee Street. Colonial Parking $10.00 flat rate. WE NOW OFFER VALET SERVICE. Friday and Saturday nights, starting at 5:30pm until 11:00pm, for $5.00.
A word from Landini Brothers
Franco and Noe Landini are the proud hosts of Landini Brothers restaurant. Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, and close to the Potomac River, Landini Brothers is a well-established landmark in Northern Virginia. It has been serving northern Italian food in the traditional Tuscan style since it opened in 1976. Franco's annual visits to his family and friends in Tuscany provide him with ample opportunity to learn about the latest advances in Tuscan cuisine—knowledge he brings home for the dining pleasure of restaurant guests. Come join us for brunch! Sunday at 11:30am to 3:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Landini Brothers - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Landini Brothers reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)special occasion (77)romantic (61)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (49)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (32)great for lunch (26)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- A dependable choicepmjedwardsVIPDined on 10/28/2014Great food, reasonable price, well-selected wine list. What more can one ask for?Special Features:
- Awesome placePFunkDined on 10/28/2014Great place for an evening drink with appetizers, or a sit down meal with a bottle of wine. Fun bar scene and great atmosphere in the dining room.Special Features:
- A ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Landini Brothers has kept its quality for the 30 years I have been eating there. Great place to bring friends and family!Special Features:
- Nice but DisappointingAntonioDined on 10/25/2014The restaurant has a good visual atmosphere but for those of us looking for a romantic real Italian dining experience ... This is not the place.... Classic rock and roll music playing in the background ruins the experience ... Will be looking for a more authentic Italian restaurant next time ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!luv2exploreDined on 10/23/2014Love Landini's for special occasions - always great food & service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old world feelPFunkDined on 10/21/2014Landini Brothers is tucked into a beautiful spot on King St. The atmosphere is polished and on the darker (light-wise) side. Great drinks at the bar and an excellent menu. I'd recommend the artichoke for an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landini's is great!McgreleVIPDined on 10/18/2014Landini's is always good but on Saturday evening it exceeded our expectations. The food was absolutely perfect and the staff made the entire experience wonderful. This is one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Just OKComingbackDined on 10/18/2014People in the area rave about this landmark restaurant. It was great to be able to sit on King Street on a sunny day and enjoy the people watching. However the food and service were lackluster. Just ok. Still worth the experience overall.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Very nicely decorated restaurant with friendly service. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Outside Dining in October!CraigVIPDined on 10/17/2014Dining outside in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia is always a treat....but, in late October? With very comfortable weather, outdoors at Landini Brothers was perfect. While it had been months since I'd been able to stop in for a lunch or dinner, we were greeted like the old friends we actually are. The specials are always delightful and the menu has a great range of offerings. On this particular day, the cold lobster salad was a great choice...it is always enjoyable. My friend put down the menu and just described how he would like the salmon served. It was prepared exactly as requested. The service is excellent and friendly, never leaving you waiting, but not hovering about, either. I made the commitment to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selection & portions!JohnDined on 10/15/2014We went through the menu but when our server told us about the specials, we just had to change our minds. I had the veal and it was absolutely great. My wife had the Chilean sea bass which was just right for her. We were seated on the second floor which was not as cozy as the first floor but good for 5 or more covers.Special Features:
- KathywithaKDined on 10/15/2014Everything was outstanding! We were visiting D.C. and staying in Alexandria, VA. Next time we travel to D.C. (from South Carolina) we will dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceanniespaVIPDined on 10/13/2014My sister and her husband were in town from California, and staying in Alexandria. The preferred an Italian restaurant, so I went on line and found Landini Bros. To our surprise, it was a great experience. We were seated promptly. Our server Alphonso could not have been more pleasant and accommodating. Three of us wanted dishes not on the menu, and they made them for us with an "Of course we can". The food was excellent, the wine list more than adequate in all price ranges, and not too overpriced. Highly recommended, would look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for romantic night or b-dayElyseDined on 10/9/2014I made a reservation through Open Table for my boyfriend's birthday and I was very impressed with them! They had confetti on the table, a birthday card, and came with with a dessert/candle and sang Happy Birthday. It was a great personal touch. The food was also excellent and will definitely become a regular restaurant for us to celebrate happy occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent seafood: the smoked fished linguini was unique and delicious. Would like a better selection of soups.Special Features:
- can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/4/2014This place never changes and that is good. Food is well prepared, wait staff thoughtful and efficient, wine list not to pricy, just a real nice experience for good Italian food.Special Features:
- 2nd floor bustOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014We had a late reservation and we were seated on the 2nd floor dining room. The service was bad and our view of the kitchen/dishwasher was upsetting. The wait staff would keep the kitchen door open and have large group conversations which was very rude. We considerd leaving beause it took 10mins just to get our drink order. I am not sure we will ever done there again.
- Great for the groupGnocchiDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant has a great range of Italian food for all tastes. The locale is inviting and warm.Special Features:
- Exceptional experience in Old TownMyrtleDined on 10/2/2014The menu is varied, the preparation exceptional! We ate there a week ago and enjoyed it so much went back with friends this week!! The osso buco and soft shell crabs were the best I have ever eaten!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014This was a birthday celebration. My friend and I arrived to find festive table-level, simple but distinctive decorations ) surrounding a card from the management and staff wishing me a happy birthday --- a lovely way to start. Our lunches were delicious - and the complementary salad fresh and flavorful. A on the house tiramisu with candle arrived - large enough to share. My friend and I agreed it was the best we have ever had - and we are tiramisu lovers. It was a wonderful birthday lunch at one of the requested window tables overlooking lower King Street's Old Town view. Kudo's to Landini Brothers for making this such a fine experience.Special Features:
- Great for an Anniversaryemmaus81Dined on 9/22/2014This was the second time we went to Landini Brothers for an Anniversary and it's always a special treat. It's located in a wonderful section of Old Town Alexandria and the food is delicious. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a special dinner. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Landini's Never DisappointsThomasDined on 9/22/2014I have been coming here for years. It is the only place I will order veal. The service, food ,and drinks are always exemplary. Without a doubt, one of the best restaurants in the galaxy! Thank you again for a wonderful dining experience. We will return.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I always get a good meal at Landini Brothers. I love the veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodStaceyTVIPDined on 9/20/2014Service is professional but a little icy. Otherwise no issues. Food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatET1963Dined on 9/20/2014Great food, descent priced for a hot spot in Old Town Alexandria. The Linguine alle Pescatora is my favorite. Go early, gets really busy after 7pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SwitzerlandVIPDined on 9/19/2014Alfonso provided excellent service, and when our dinner honoree requested a dish (eggplant parmesan) not on the menu, he took said "no problem"! The branzino special was outstanding, and were the shrimp scampi and the angnolotti stuffe with spinach, and of course, the eggplant!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and atmosphereTeresaVIPDined on 9/17/2014Landini Brothers continues to be one of my favorite restaurants in Old Town. I don't love their wine list by the glass, but their list of bottles can't be beat, especially if you enjoy Italian wines! At my most recent visit, I had the chilled artichoke which is so good I have tried to make it myself at home. Also, I enjoyed the linguini with white clam sauce which was delicious. The waiters are thoughtful and attentive. I would highly recommend Landini Brothers!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFunTimeDined on 9/17/2014We always have a good time and good food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Experience in Old TownprestoVIPDined on 9/15/2014We have consistently enjoyed this restaurant and its food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Awesome, as usual. Best Restarant in DC area. Great Service, Food is excellent, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceunappreciatedVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is always great but the service was outstanding on our last visit. The bottle of wine we ordered was out of stock and our waiter suggested another wine, I was very pleased that the price of the wine suggested was within $3 of the bottle I first ordered. Most servers would try to up sell. I showed my appreciation by giving a larger tip.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We split oysters Rockefeller and they were very nice. My wife's tortellini was excellent and the veal chop was tasty but tough and gristly. We'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another home runKiawah1Dined on 9/9/2014Landini's never disappoints. Attentive service, great pace, great food. Thanks again for getting it right every time.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Alexandria!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Amazing service combined with great atmosphere, superb wine list and amazing specials nightly! ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfirstDined on 9/6/2014Very nice place. Not the first time there, and always seems to be very good. Accommodated late arrival with ease. Nice setting, great location in Old Town, professional and attentive waiter, everybody loved thier food. Formal dress not required, so it made logistics easier. This restaurant is in the top tier of eatieries just below the no kidding halo-type restaurant category occupied by places like Vadalia, Vermillion, etc which require a bit more thought, preparation, dress, and $$'s to indulge in. Excellent food great location, easy to make happen.Special Features:
- First Time VisitZeeMusicDined on 9/5/2014I came to landini brothers for the first time on a date and the staff was phenominal. They were attentive and extremely friendly. Not only I had a great date but I had great food that was fresh and perfectly cooked. I would definitely come back and recommend this place for anyone that wants authentic Italian food that comes within inches of food from Italy, and I just came back from Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 9/4/2014Excellent Service and Great Food! Very accommodating. Would return again when visiting!!Special Features:
- Landinis - Fabulous Italian Food!SusanVIPDined on 9/3/2014Best Italian food in Alexandria. Warm and Friendly plus delicious fresh seafood, pasta and Veal. Will definitely return to this lovely gem. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perhaps a little over ratedMomnipVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is a very cool Old Town Alexandria place. Our server rattled off an impressive list of specials and was friendly enough and tried hard. He took our order for 6 people without writing anything down, and then had to come back to double check everyone's order. Our appetizers were not served before dinner and he only caught that when the folks who delivered the dinners reported back to him. The appetizers were prepared in advance since he immediately produced them (as ordered but hot items were cold and salad not crisp). They came off our bill per his doing, but still not a great dining experience. This place is LOUD, so don't take folks with hearing challenge. I will probably try another place the next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodFoodzgoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014As always, the food was delicious, I had the pasta romana and my husband had the pasta with clams. There is always enough to take home especially if you have the delightful, crusty, warm Italian bread with olive oil. The waiter was distracted and not particularly helpful - but that is not any different from any visit to Landini - but you don't come for the waiters or the dark room, you come for the food! It's worth it.Special Features: