115 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.landinibrothers.com/
- Phone: 7038368404
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sundays: 11.30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Landini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Lee Street and King Street
- Public Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is available or there is a parking garage located right behind the restaurant on Lee Street. Colonial Parking $10.00 flat rate. WE NOW OFFER VALET SERVICE. Friday and Saturday nights, starting at 5:30pm until 11:00pm, for $5.00.
A word from Landini Brothers
Franco and Noe Landini are the proud hosts of Landini Brothers restaurant. Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, and close to the Potomac River, Landini Brothers is a well-established landmark in Northern Virginia. It has been serving northern Italian food in the traditional Tuscan style since it opened in 1976. Franco's annual visits to his family and friends in Tuscany provide him with ample opportunity to learn about the latest advances in Tuscan cuisine—knowledge he brings home for the dining pleasure of restaurant guests. Come join us for brunch! Sunday at 11:30am to 3:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Landini Brothers - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Landini Brothers reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (66)fit for foodies (53)notable wine list (46)good for groups (41)great for outdoor dining (28)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Incredible foodFoodzgoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014As always, the food was delicious, I had the pasta romana and my husband had the pasta with clams. There is always enough to take home especially if you have the delightful, crusty, warm Italian bread with olive oil. The waiter was distracted and not particularly helpful - but that is not any different from any visit to Landini - but you don't come for the waiters or the dark room, you come for the food! It's worth it.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I experienced a wonderful dining experience for our anniversary. We were promptly greeted upon arrival and immediately escorted to a table that was inside but with a great outdoor view upon the bustling streets of Old Town on a Saturday evening. The table was adorned with celebratory jewels with a note from Landini Bros. congratulating us on our anniversary. Definitely a nice touch! Both our meals were spectacular, to include the squid appetizer, my order of the special veal topped with crab meat and my husbands with the Linguini al Pescatori (tons of seafood!!) They surprised us at the end of our meal with a complimentary tum cake topped with a candle. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Good food but service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The meal was good, but the server never went the extra mile to see if we wanted apps or even drinks! We were shocked that there was no attention to the minor details especially since there are so many other very good restaurants in the area. So close yet so far from a recommendation.
- Not As Good As BeforeCapitanSourceVIPDined on 8/27/2014Landini Brothers has been a King St. institution for years. The last two times we've been there we've thought the food quality has slipped, although the portions are still ample. They've taken many of the old standbys off the menu. The hostess definitely thinks she's doing you a favor giving you a table (we had a reservation) and the servers attitudes have gone from charming and funny to arrogant and boorish. Try a la Lucia instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingAlexandrianDined on 8/23/2014I am split on how I feel about Landini Brothers. First, all of the plates at my table of six were cleaned, so that's a good sign. The food was good, not outstanding, but I have high standards for Italian food. The sauce on my vitello ai funghi was yummy, however, the veal itself was dry & disappointing. My husband ordered the clams & mussels: note to patrons - you only get shellfish- it is not served with any pasta or bread, so be prepared to order extra or eat only shellfish... Our waitstaff seemed a little overwhelmed by our party (lots of apps & wine but it was later in the evening when it wasn't too crowded). The meal and service were good but not inspiring. Nothing particularly bad, but probably will not return for a while.Special Features:
- gastronDined on 8/23/2014Lobster linguini was phenomenal. Lots of great wine bottles under 30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LandiniOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The service, food, and atmosphere was premium. I would recommend them to anyone that enjoys fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeMichelleCDined on 8/16/2014We love Landini brothers and have NOTHING bad to say. It is truly one of our favorites! I wish that we could make it here once weekly. The food, as always was wonderful, the wine was delicious and the service impeccable. Totally a restaurant you must try!Special Features:
- Outside at Landini'sEddieVLunchDined on 8/15/2014I booked our Open Table reservation for 4 with a sidewalk table request given the great weather and sure enough, they held one for us even though their website said it was really "first come first served" outside dining. With a great table and lots of great conversation and people watching, Sam,our waiter, gave us the run down on specials (he was a former kitchen worker and knows the menu backwards & forwards) and was patient with some indecision on our part. With a bottle of Prosecco & very good salads cleared, the crabcakes (wonderful) and penne pasta (tops) and lobster + tuna carapaccio arrived. A delicious bottle of Montepulcianio D'Abruzzo chosen from an broad wine list did a terrific job of pulling the 4 different meals together.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014From the moment we walked in service was wonderful. The food excellent, seafood the best. Great dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014I met a friend for dinner at Landini Brothers this week, and selected this restaurant because of the upscale atmosphere inside. The food is consistently delicious, but it is also quite expensive compared to the other restaurants in Old Town Alexandria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landini's Old TowneFuzzy91Dined on 8/13/2014Great place for dinner and special occasions. Food is tremendous. The kitchen even offered us some spontaneous creations. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the stopClydesFanDined on 8/11/2014Landini's is a great place to have an evening meal. The service here remains one of the best around. The staff is knowledgable and curtious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Italian ResturantDAB64Dined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Landini Brothers for over 25 years. It is the place to go for great Italian food. Our waiter provided great service. We celebrated our friend's 65th birthday and great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Landini's mealKiawah1Dined on 8/7/2014I've dined at Landini's many times over the years and have never been disappointed. Variety of specials, quality of food, pace of service, great wines over a wide price range, all 5 Stars. The soft-shell crabs (3) were delicious. My guest enjoyed linguini with fresh clams along with prosciutto and melon (the melon was by far the best I've tasted this summer). Overall, yet another home run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Women Diners BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Alas, Landini Bros has joined the retro ranks of restaurants that place female guests next to the kitchen door in spite of seven other available tables in the room. I thought we were past that behavior in the 21st century. I was looking forward to bringing my guests from out of town to this highly touted restaurant. Never again.Special Features:
- Great ViewLunchbunchDined on 8/2/2014A friend and I had lunch there a few days ago and had a great time. The staff was quite friendly and attentive. The only disappointment was the food. The quality of ingredients was a bit lacking considering the price point. I would go back for coffee and dessert.Special Features:
- great ItaliancarpetbaggerDined on 8/1/2014an Alexandria family recommended it. Being from Chicago, am always reluctant to try Italian restaurants in southern cities, but this one lived up to its billing. Its portions weren't super-size like Maggiano's (Chicago), but who needs a double order of pasta anyways. Great pasta, great seafood, and the wine list was incredible, yet not pretentious. In other words, you could get a 45 bottle of wine that was actually good (unlike places like Morton's)Special Features:
- ReliableMumbaiVIPDined on 7/31/2014Solid Italian food. Good clubby feel. Old school with some fresh offerings.Special Features:
- Good but loudGKellyDined on 7/30/2014My husband's dinner was fantastic (veal), mine was okay (lobster ravioli). The noise level was very high!! The service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodJuliTuliVIPDined on 7/26/2014Sit back and enjoy a gem in Old Town, Alexandria. Food is always first rate.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner - Outstanding!AlanDined on 7/26/2014Landini Brother's "first class" team made our 38th wedding anniversary dinner very special! As always, this phenomenal restaurant staff sets and maintains the highest standard in all categories.Special Features:
- Special celebrationPadrePatriotDined on 7/25/2014I cannot afford to eat here regularly but always enjoy it when ready for a splurge. We shared an appetizer (Fried Green Tomatoes...which were just OK), then shared a special pasta (with Lobster in a pink sauce....excellent) and both ordered an entree (Grouper and Sea Bass, I think....both were superior). We had a nice bottle of Chianti Classico (which the server recommended over a higher priced bottle). And Limoncello to end :) Overall a great dining experience...as it should be for over $200. The service was excellent...not at all pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a special occasion!NoniDined on 7/24/2014We had a wonderful experience, recommended by my daughter who lived in Old Town 14 yrs. ago, apparently the food & ambience, great service has not changed since then, as we experienced a wonderful evening celebrating my granddaughter's 13th birthday as well as my birthday! we will highly recommend Landini's to others visiting the Virginia/DC area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOBXGuyDined on 7/23/2014The food, service and atmosphere were terrific. I would definitely recommend this place. (I also intend to go back)!Special Features:
- A King Street GemNicoleVIPDined on 7/19/2014I live in DC, so I don't often make the trek to Old Town for dinner. This is the second time I've come to Landini Bros, and just like the first visit, I was beyond impressed. The ambiance is wonderful, and I love the rustic decor of the restaurant. The hostesses and wait staff are all extremely friendly and professional. Our waiter was able to accommodate some special requests for our dishes, and the food was so unbelievably delicious - I wanted an entire second plate of food! All in all, a great place to dine, either with family and friends or with a date. Undoubtedly my favorite King Street restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent for DinnerBabsyDined on 7/12/2014We often go to Landini's for lunch, but dinner was even better with more options. It also helped to have reservations on a Saturday night because we were able to make our show in DC after the wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Good...PrissyVIPDined on 7/3/2014consistently good experience, mussels/clams in white wine sauce yummy..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/2/2014Excellent service - Sam deserves a raise - he was terrific. Lobster was overcooked but good flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experience!DandJ94Dined on 6/28/2014We went to Landini's to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and were late arriving for our reservations, but they quickly accommodated us and were so welcoming. We were so touched to find our table had rhinestones sprinkled over it and a sweet note congratulating us on our anniversary. This was quite unexpected, but made it so much more special to be there! Our waiter, Alex was amazing and treated us like royalty with a champagne toast on him upon our arrival and then excellent personalized service throughout the evening. He is a real gem and an invaluable asset to Landini's!!! The food was incredible, the atmosphere elegant yet relaxed and friendly. The entire experience was wonderful from beginning to end and we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good restaurantbjgsDined on 6/28/2014the Service was great - the veal cooked perfectly and the tiramisu excellent - we will definitely keep it on our favorites list.Special Features:
- Good ChoiceTryNewSpotsDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food and wine. Presentation along with service both stand out. Park and walk, or use Valet but traffic near Landini Brothers can be heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014I have booked a table here for several business dinners. It is always a great choice, and my most recent visit did not disappoint. The food was outstanding and Sam, our waiter, delivered exceptional service. The rest of the staff was also friendly, fun and professional. Love this place!Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We went here based on a friend's recommendation. Dinner was great. The food was delicious and wonderful service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Alexandria!Special Features:
- Delicious food!Sam78Dined on 6/21/2014I has the Pork Chop and it was juicy and tasty, even though I ordered it medium well. The place is very nice, great lighting and good acoustic for a pleasant dinner (romantic or for a small group).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!foodieintrainingVIPDined on 6/21/2014I'd never been to Landini Brothers before and we were looking for something that would appeal to 4 people with varied tastes. Everything we had was excellent and the service was impeccable. I've recommended it to several people who live near Alexandria and I'd be happy to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereSheilaDined on 6/21/2014We took my husband's boss and wife to this restaurant and they were so impressed. The food was great, the service was impeccable, and the cappuccino was one of the best I've had. I love that the building is historic and looks it, inside and out. Quick walk to the water after dinner. Thank you!Special Features:
- Meeting New FriendsStephenDined on 6/21/2014Two couples meeting for the first time were seated at a corner table where we had no problem conversing without the usual background noise. The service and food were outstanding and we left quite satisfied with our dining experience.Special Features:
- Great RestuaranteatingoutDined on 6/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening dinner at Landini Brothers. The entire affair for the six of us was such a great experience. The restaurant is about 200 years old and has been restored to perfection, without taking away from the historical value of the times. Service and food was outstanding. We have put Landini brothers on our list to return upon our next trip north from our home in Florida.Special Features:
- GraduationTim1026Dined on 6/19/2014Chose Landinis based on recommendation of my nephew, who wanted a special dinner following his high school graduation. The food was excellent, especially the veal, good Pinot Grigio, and fantastic desserts including a special one for my nephew.Special Features: