115 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.landinibrothers.com/
- Phone: 7038368404
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sundays: 11.30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Landini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Lee Street and King Street
- Public Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is available or there is a parking garage located right behind the restaurant on Lee Street. Colonial Parking $10.00 flat rate. WE NOW OFFER VALET SERVICE. Friday and Saturday nights, starting at 5:30pm until 11:00pm, for $5.00.
A word from Landini Brothers
Franco and Noe Landini are the proud hosts of Landini Brothers restaurant. Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, and close to the Potomac River, Landini Brothers is a well-established landmark in Northern Virginia. It has been serving northern Italian food in the traditional Tuscan style since it opened in 1976. Franco's annual visits to his family and friends in Tuscany provide him with ample opportunity to learn about the latest advances in Tuscan cuisine—knowledge he brings home for the dining pleasure of restaurant guests. Come join us for brunch! Sunday at 11:30am to 3:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Landini Brothers - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Landini Brothers reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (67)notable wine list (52)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (32)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Fabulous food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014Landini Brothers continues to be one of my favorite restaurants in Old Town. I don't love their wine list by the glass, but their list of bottles can't be beat, especially if you enjoy Italian wines! At my most recent visit, I had the chilled artichoke which is so good I have tried to make it myself at home. Also, I enjoyed the linguini with white clam sauce which was delicious. The waiters are thoughtful and attentive. I would highly recommend Landini Brothers!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014We always have a good time and good food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Experience in Old TownprestoVIPDined on 9/15/2014We have consistently enjoyed this restaurant and its food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Awesome, as usual. Best Restarant in DC area. Great Service, Food is excellent, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceunappreciatedVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is always great but the service was outstanding on our last visit. The bottle of wine we ordered was out of stock and our waiter suggested another wine, I was very pleased that the price of the wine suggested was within $3 of the bottle I first ordered. Most servers would try to up sell. I showed my appreciation by giving a larger tip.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/2014We split oysters Rockefeller and they were very nice. My wife's tortellini was excellent and the veal chop was tasty but tough and gristly. We'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another home runKiawah1Dined on 9/9/2014Landini's never disappoints. Attentive service, great pace, great food. Thanks again for getting it right every time.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Alexandria!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Amazing service combined with great atmosphere, superb wine list and amazing specials nightly! ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfirstDined on 9/6/2014Very nice place. Not the first time there, and always seems to be very good. Accommodated late arrival with ease. Nice setting, great location in Old Town, professional and attentive waiter, everybody loved thier food. Formal dress not required, so it made logistics easier. This restaurant is in the top tier of eatieries just below the no kidding halo-type restaurant category occupied by places like Vadalia, Vermillion, etc which require a bit more thought, preparation, dress, and $$'s to indulge in. Excellent food great location, easy to make happen.Special Features:
- First Time VisitZeeMusicDined on 9/5/2014I came to landini brothers for the first time on a date and the staff was phenominal. They were attentive and extremely friendly. Not only I had a great date but I had great food that was fresh and perfectly cooked. I would definitely come back and recommend this place for anyone that wants authentic Italian food that comes within inches of food from Italy, and I just came back from Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 9/4/2014Excellent Service and Great Food! Very accommodating. Would return again when visiting!!Special Features:
- Landinis - Fabulous Italian Food!SusanVIPDined on 9/3/2014Best Italian food in Alexandria. Warm and Friendly plus delicious fresh seafood, pasta and Veal. Will definitely return to this lovely gem. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perhaps a little over ratedMomnipDined on 8/31/2014This is a very cool Old Town Alexandria place. Our server rattled off an impressive list of specials and was friendly enough and tried hard. He took our order for 6 people without writing anything down, and then had to come back to double check everyone's order. Our appetizers were not served before dinner and he only caught that when the folks who delivered the dinners reported back to him. The appetizers were prepared in advance since he immediately produced them (as ordered but hot items were cold and salad not crisp). They came off our bill per his doing, but still not a great dining experience. This place is LOUD, so don't take folks with hearing challenge. I will probably try another place the next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodFoodzgoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014As always, the food was delicious, I had the pasta romana and my husband had the pasta with clams. There is always enough to take home especially if you have the delightful, crusty, warm Italian bread with olive oil. The waiter was distracted and not particularly helpful - but that is not any different from any visit to Landini - but you don't come for the waiters or the dark room, you come for the food! It's worth it.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerMasVinoDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I experienced a wonderful dining experience for our anniversary. We were promptly greeted upon arrival and immediately escorted to a table that was inside but with a great outdoor view upon the bustling streets of Old Town on a Saturday evening. The table was adorned with celebratory jewels with a note from Landini Bros. congratulating us on our anniversary. Definitely a nice touch! Both our meals were spectacular, to include the squid appetizer, my order of the special veal topped with crab meat and my husbands with the Linguini al Pescatori (tons of seafood!!) They surprised us at the end of our meal with a complimentary tum cake topped with a candle. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Good food but service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The meal was good, but the server never went the extra mile to see if we wanted apps or even drinks! We were shocked that there was no attention to the minor details especially since there are so many other very good restaurants in the area. So close yet so far from a recommendation.
- Not As Good As BeforeCapitanSourceVIPDined on 8/27/2014Landini Brothers has been a King St. institution for years. The last two times we've been there we've thought the food quality has slipped, although the portions are still ample. They've taken many of the old standbys off the menu. The hostess definitely thinks she's doing you a favor giving you a table (we had a reservation) and the servers attitudes have gone from charming and funny to arrogant and boorish. Try a la Lucia instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingAlexandrianDined on 8/23/2014I am split on how I feel about Landini Brothers. First, all of the plates at my table of six were cleaned, so that's a good sign. The food was good, not outstanding, but I have high standards for Italian food. The sauce on my vitello ai funghi was yummy, however, the veal itself was dry & disappointing. My husband ordered the clams & mussels: note to patrons - you only get shellfish- it is not served with any pasta or bread, so be prepared to order extra or eat only shellfish... Our waitstaff seemed a little overwhelmed by our party (lots of apps & wine but it was later in the evening when it wasn't too crowded). The meal and service were good but not inspiring. Nothing particularly bad, but probably will not return for a while.Special Features:
- gastronDined on 8/23/2014Lobster linguini was phenomenal. Lots of great wine bottles under 30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LandiniOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The service, food, and atmosphere was premium. I would recommend them to anyone that enjoys fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeMichelleCDined on 8/16/2014We love Landini brothers and have NOTHING bad to say. It is truly one of our favorites! I wish that we could make it here once weekly. The food, as always was wonderful, the wine was delicious and the service impeccable. Totally a restaurant you must try!Special Features:
- Outside at Landini'sEddieVLunchDined on 8/15/2014I booked our Open Table reservation for 4 with a sidewalk table request given the great weather and sure enough, they held one for us even though their website said it was really "first come first served" outside dining. With a great table and lots of great conversation and people watching, Sam,our waiter, gave us the run down on specials (he was a former kitchen worker and knows the menu backwards & forwards) and was patient with some indecision on our part. With a bottle of Prosecco & very good salads cleared, the crabcakes (wonderful) and penne pasta (tops) and lobster + tuna carapaccio arrived. A delicious bottle of Montepulcianio D'Abruzzo chosen from an broad wine list did a terrific job of pulling the 4 different meals together.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014From the moment we walked in service was wonderful. The food excellent, seafood the best. Great dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014I met a friend for dinner at Landini Brothers this week, and selected this restaurant because of the upscale atmosphere inside. The food is consistently delicious, but it is also quite expensive compared to the other restaurants in Old Town Alexandria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landini's Old TowneFuzzy91Dined on 8/13/2014Great place for dinner and special occasions. Food is tremendous. The kitchen even offered us some spontaneous creations. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the stopClydesFanDined on 8/11/2014Landini's is a great place to have an evening meal. The service here remains one of the best around. The staff is knowledgable and curtious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite Italian ResturantDAB64Dined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Landini Brothers for over 25 years. It is the place to go for great Italian food. Our waiter provided great service. We celebrated our friend's 65th birthday and great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Landini's mealKiawah1Dined on 8/7/2014I've dined at Landini's many times over the years and have never been disappointed. Variety of specials, quality of food, pace of service, great wines over a wide price range, all 5 Stars. The soft-shell crabs (3) were delicious. My guest enjoyed linguini with fresh clams along with prosciutto and melon (the melon was by far the best I've tasted this summer). Overall, yet another home run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Women Diners BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/2/2014Alas, Landini Bros has joined the retro ranks of restaurants that place female guests next to the kitchen door in spite of seven other available tables in the room. I thought we were past that behavior in the 21st century. I was looking forward to bringing my guests from out of town to this highly touted restaurant. Never again.Special Features:
- Great ViewLunchbunchDined on 8/2/2014A friend and I had lunch there a few days ago and had a great time. The staff was quite friendly and attentive. The only disappointment was the food. The quality of ingredients was a bit lacking considering the price point. I would go back for coffee and dessert.Special Features:
- great ItaliancarpetbaggerDined on 8/1/2014an Alexandria family recommended it. Being from Chicago, am always reluctant to try Italian restaurants in southern cities, but this one lived up to its billing. Its portions weren't super-size like Maggiano's (Chicago), but who needs a double order of pasta anyways. Great pasta, great seafood, and the wine list was incredible, yet not pretentious. In other words, you could get a 45 bottle of wine that was actually good (unlike places like Morton's)Special Features:
- ReliableMumbaiVIPDined on 7/31/2014Solid Italian food. Good clubby feel. Old school with some fresh offerings.Special Features:
- Good but loudGKellyDined on 7/30/2014My husband's dinner was fantastic (veal), mine was okay (lobster ravioli). The noise level was very high!! The service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodJuliTuliVIPDined on 7/26/2014Sit back and enjoy a gem in Old Town, Alexandria. Food is always first rate.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner - Outstanding!AlanDined on 7/26/2014Landini Brother's "first class" team made our 38th wedding anniversary dinner very special! As always, this phenomenal restaurant staff sets and maintains the highest standard in all categories.Special Features:
- Special celebrationPadrePatriotDined on 7/25/2014I cannot afford to eat here regularly but always enjoy it when ready for a splurge. We shared an appetizer (Fried Green Tomatoes...which were just OK), then shared a special pasta (with Lobster in a pink sauce....excellent) and both ordered an entree (Grouper and Sea Bass, I think....both were superior). We had a nice bottle of Chianti Classico (which the server recommended over a higher priced bottle). And Limoncello to end :) Overall a great dining experience...as it should be for over $200. The service was excellent...not at all pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a special occasion!NoniDined on 7/24/2014We had a wonderful experience, recommended by my daughter who lived in Old Town 14 yrs. ago, apparently the food & ambience, great service has not changed since then, as we experienced a wonderful evening celebrating my granddaughter's 13th birthday as well as my birthday! we will highly recommend Landini's to others visiting the Virginia/DC area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOBXGuyDined on 7/23/2014The food, service and atmosphere were terrific. I would definitely recommend this place. (I also intend to go back)!Special Features:
- A King Street GemNicoleVIPDined on 7/19/2014I live in DC, so I don't often make the trek to Old Town for dinner. This is the second time I've come to Landini Bros, and just like the first visit, I was beyond impressed. The ambiance is wonderful, and I love the rustic decor of the restaurant. The hostesses and wait staff are all extremely friendly and professional. Our waiter was able to accommodate some special requests for our dishes, and the food was so unbelievably delicious - I wanted an entire second plate of food! All in all, a great place to dine, either with family and friends or with a date. Undoubtedly my favorite King Street restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent for DinnerBabsyDined on 7/12/2014We often go to Landini's for lunch, but dinner was even better with more options. It also helped to have reservations on a Saturday night because we were able to make our show in DC after the wonderful dinner.Special Features: