115 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.landinibrothers.com/
- Phone: (703) 836-8404
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sundays: 11.30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Landini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Cross Street: Lee Street and King Street
- Public Transit: King Street Metro stop, about 16 blocks away from the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Street parking is available or there is a parking garage located right behind the restaurant on Lee Street. Colonial Parking $10.00 flat rate. WE NOW OFFER VALET SERVICE. Friday and Saturday nights, starting at 5:30pm until 11:00pm, for $5.00.
A word from Landini Brothers
Franco and Noe Landini are the proud hosts of Landini Brothers restaurant. Located in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, and close to the Potomac River, Landini Brothers is a well-established landmark in Northern Virginia. It has been serving northern Italian food in the traditional Tuscan style since it opened in 1976. Franco's annual visits to his family and friends in Tuscany provide him with ample opportunity to learn about the latest advances in Tuscan cuisine—knowledge he brings home for the dining pleasure of restaurant guests. Come join us for brunch! Sunday at 11:30am to 3:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Landini Brothers - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Landini Brothers reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)special occasion (78)romantic (63)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (50)notable wine list (50)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- very good restaurantbjgsDined on 6/28/2014the Service was great - the veal cooked perfectly and the tiramisu excellent - we will definitely keep it on our favorites list.Special Features:
- Good ChoiceTryNewSpotsDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food and wine. Presentation along with service both stand out. Park and walk, or use Valet but traffic near Landini Brothers can be heavy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014I have booked a table here for several business dinners. It is always a great choice, and my most recent visit did not disappoint. The food was outstanding and Sam, our waiter, delivered exceptional service. The rest of the staff was also friendly, fun and professional. Love this place!Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014We went here based on a friend's recommendation. Dinner was great. The food was delicious and wonderful service. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Alexandria!Special Features:
- Delicious food!Sam78Dined on 6/21/2014I has the Pork Chop and it was juicy and tasty, even though I ordered it medium well. The place is very nice, great lighting and good acoustic for a pleasant dinner (romantic or for a small group).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinner!foodieintrainingVIPDined on 6/21/2014I'd never been to Landini Brothers before and we were looking for something that would appeal to 4 people with varied tastes. Everything we had was excellent and the service was impeccable. I've recommended it to several people who live near Alexandria and I'd be happy to eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereSheilaDined on 6/21/2014We took my husband's boss and wife to this restaurant and they were so impressed. The food was great, the service was impeccable, and the cappuccino was one of the best I've had. I love that the building is historic and looks it, inside and out. Quick walk to the water after dinner. Thank you!Special Features:
- Meeting New FriendsStephenDined on 6/21/2014Two couples meeting for the first time were seated at a corner table where we had no problem conversing without the usual background noise. The service and food were outstanding and we left quite satisfied with our dining experience.Special Features:
- Great RestuaranteatingoutDined on 6/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening dinner at Landini Brothers. The entire affair for the six of us was such a great experience. The restaurant is about 200 years old and has been restored to perfection, without taking away from the historical value of the times. Service and food was outstanding. We have put Landini brothers on our list to return upon our next trip north from our home in Florida.Special Features:
- GraduationTim1026Dined on 6/19/2014Chose Landinis based on recommendation of my nephew, who wanted a special dinner following his high school graduation. The food was excellent, especially the veal, good Pinot Grigio, and fantastic desserts including a special one for my nephew.Special Features:
- Good Italian!MadiDined on 6/19/2014I took my daughter here for her graduation lunch with our family. It was perfect. The service was excellent and the fieldstone room was beautiful and with an old world charm. The food was good. My only observation is that their pasta dishes were limited for lunch. Overall we really enjoyed it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Genuinely good, hot Italian cuisineExperienceddiner1Dined on 6/14/2014Nicely prepared, served HOT! Thank you, Landini Bros., for a nice birthday celebration! The four of us had a very enjoyable meal. Great bartender as well...the Maker's Mark Manhattans were LARGE and perfectly concocted.Special Features:
- Near perfect Italian in Old TownjoeswickVIPDined on 6/13/2014Go to Landini's for a fine evening out to enjoy super well prepared Italian dinners. Gazpacho (hey-that's not italian) was spicy, and garnished with crab and good. Grilled Veal Chop was very thick - a treat to savor. Other veal & pasta dishes rate too. Lobster and pasta was a nice treat. Fully priced, it's a special occasion treat. King St in Old Town has scores of quality restaurants. Landini's rates a return visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shirleyVIPDined on 6/11/2014sdff edfg;lk';ljksfgnh';kij'wrtyh;kmsfgh;olksrtwy;lksmtfhSpecial Features:
- Always great food and servicePhilDined on 6/10/2014Delicious with great service! The wait staff is authentic and the feeders are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerTimothyDined on 6/8/2014I always enjoy Landini's. I always get the veal, as did Linda. I had the saltombocca, she limone. Excellent as always. We also enjoyed a bottle of chardonnay. The wine list is extensive and moderately priced. I like the dining room. Thye bar side can be a little noisy, but still OK. Service was top notch, professional and not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Lovin LandiniALWlovesfoodDined on 6/6/2014We spent a lovely evening here celebrating my BF's birthday. We ordered Cakebread chardanay and had some fabulous food. I highly recommend this resturant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Service and FoodvegasmattaesDined on 5/31/2014The only thing better than the food is the service. Definitely on the list for a return visit.Special Features:
- Really excellent italian foodJohnBullDined on 5/31/2014We like Italian food all four of our group having lived in Germany or Rome) for many years. The crusty, warm bread was outstanding. Started with the tuna tartare with avocado, others the salad. Then had the linguini pescatore and others the vangole all were excellent. The real reason to give this restaurant very high marks was the pacing of the meal. We started with cocktails and were neither rushed to order or to finish for the appetizers. The main meal was well timed giving plenty of time for animated conversation. Our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. The house Chianti was very nice. Since one member of our party was having a birthday, the meal was finished with the presentation of an excellent piece of Tiramasu (with candle)Special Features:
- Not what it once wasGilbertDined on 5/30/2014Landini Bros was once my favorite restaurant when they lived in Alexandria. The restaurant used be famous for its red sauce, but I don't think there is anything to rave about at this restaurant anymore. My family had a terrible experience. The service was slow, removed, and unkind. The waiters seemed like they were all In a hurry, except for when it came to brining out our food. The main courses were unoriginal and not fit for fine dining. The entree of fried calamari was just a giant plate of fried calamari with no sides or variety- something suitable for an Applebee's appetizer. I will say the wine was excellent, but overall I felt unwelcome and dissatisfied. I think Landini brothers is solely surviving on location and tourism.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!KathypDined on 5/30/2014Landini Brothers remains one of my favorite restaurants!! The food is consistently great and the staff is friendly, efficient and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh wellkggoatVIPDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant always has great food but the service can be very spotty. We arrived on time for our reservation and had to wait almost 30 minutes for a table. Once seated (at a table that would handle 8 and we were 3) the waiter seemed annoyed that his party would be so small. There was little expression of helpfulness, we had to ask for a wine list, and he seemed annoyed at our questions. We will come back but we hope we receive a better waiter.Special Features:
- JoneZDined on 5/25/2014Outsanding food and wine. Staff was very profesional and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014The food was absolutely wonderful and the ambiance was great. Excellent choice for our visit to Old Alexandria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerKengDined on 5/24/2014We had an 8:30 reservation. We walked in a few minutes early and they sat us right away. The service was quick and responsive without interrupting too much. Food was great. A very nice experience.Special Features:
- DecentTReyVIPDined on 5/24/2014This is in a great area but seems like it was great 10-20 years ago. It appears as if the menu, food, and staff are holding onto the old glory and have not updated much of anything. Good wine selection help also seems nonexistent.
- OkayjoejoeDined on 5/24/2014Unfortunately, my biggest complaint is the wait time. Arrived at 7:50pm, table was ready at 8:00pm, appetizers came out at 8:30pm and entrees came out at 9:00pm. We almost left and went to McDonalds when the food finally arrived. My wife and I were very upset. I don't know why this happened but paying close to $150 is uncalled for when your food comes out ONE HOUR later.Special Features:
- Worst dining experience in yearsCHfoodistDined on 5/24/2014My wife ordered lobster tails with spaghetti while I ordered Chilean Sea Bass with rosemary, lemon and olive oil, a special"fresh catch of the day". Both dishes were terrible! The lobster portion was miniscule and the meat tough; and the dish came to the table looking as if the overcooked spaghetti had been thrown on. My sea bass was obviously a frozen filet that had a texture and taste of freezer burn. I will never be fooled again into dining at a restaurant just because it has been around for 35 years.
- Great meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Excellent food; 4 of us had fish or seafood and everyone was happy with their choice. Limited outside seating so we were inside. Pricey but wonderful italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place in Old TownOTB1VIPDined on 5/21/2014We live in Old Town and this is by far our favorite place to dine, splurge, embibe and have great times! The staff here is great! The food and drinks are always wonderful. Our favorite waiters are Alex and Sam..and the bartender...those three guys are awesome!Special Features:
- law school graduation dinnersdunnDined on 5/16/2014Perfect dinner celebration. Private dining room for our group of 8. Everything was delicious. Most of us got specials, I got the rockfish, it was amazing. Def recommend this for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Casual yet elegant diningDebBDined on 5/15/2014As a local, I had never been to and knew about this restaurant until a client suggested it for dinner. Excellent food and service. Really gives you the feel of Old Town. It was a bustling place on a Thursday night. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the best nightChampagne3VIPDined on 5/14/2014maitre d' was not attentive to original request for a quiet table. We had to request to be re-seated. Several wines on wine its were our of stock.Special Features:
- SwitzerlandVIPDined on 5/14/2014The rockfish and pasta specials were both outstanding. Service was superb as always.Special Features:
- CheechDined on 5/13/2014Food was good. We asked to be seated outside since the weather was great. The outdoor dining area was very tight, so we kept getting bumped. We didn't see our server as frequently as we would have liked, but this was probably due to our request to eat outside. We had a very pleasant meal until the table next to us changed and one diner began smoking, which blew directly towards us. We left soon after. Overall we both enjoyed our meals and dining experience.Special Features:
- Noise Was a ProblemMarlowe17Dined on 5/7/2014The food was well-prepared and the service was attentive, but the noise level--bolstered no doubt by the slate floor in the dining room in which we were seated--made it difficult to engage in conversation. We were glad the restaurant was busy, but of course this only complicated the noise issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short of expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2014I would not go back. The service and atmosphere was good. No one had knowledge of wine, according to the waiter. The Calamari was average, the sauce was very good. The SPECIAL veal of the evening was good, but again not great.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerProgMetalVIPDined on 5/2/2014Had a wonderful anniversary dinner. Selected almost all items from the extensive list of that evening's specials. Oysters Rockefeller were excellent, as were the specials of sautéed Rockfish and lobtster linguini. They mixed a great appletini for my wife. We shared a cannoli for dessert that I have to say is one of the best I've eaten in a long time - that shell was perfectly crispy. Our waiter was perfectly attentive. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expectedBirdieDined on 5/1/20143 of us had veal all excellent and tender... yum.. unlike everyone else the decor seemed fine to me. We had a great meal and the BEST tiramisu outside of florence italy! Very light and oh so delicious... higly recommend.Special Features:
- Classic and clubbyMumbaiVIPDined on 4/30/2014A great sit. Classic Italian with refreshed menu. Clubby feel. NYC in old town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.