9 Luscombe Ave.
Woods Hole, MA 02543Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://woodshole.com/landfall
- Phone: 5085481758x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: 7 Days: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: 7 Days: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Roscoe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Landfall has Friday and Sunday night entertainment. We feature live bands with dancing. 10:30pm - 1:00am
- Cross Street: Water St.
- Public Transit: During the season there is a local trolley that runs every half hour from other Falmouth locations. Also, the Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority has buses running continuously throughout the day.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Woods Hole has plenty of parking options. There is metered street parking and private lot options during the day. At night, there is free metered parking, and additional private lot options. All lots are in comfortable walking distance. And of course, Landfall is at the end of the Shinning Sea Bike Path, and we have plenty of bike rack space.
If you are a boater (under 20"), we have the only free docking space in Hole.
A word from Landfall Restaurant
A spectacular oceanfront restaurant featuring fresh local cuisine - lobsters, swordfish, clams, scallops, seasonal fin fish, steaks, and salads. Constructed of wood taken from ship wrecks and boards from old buildings, Landfall"s dining room is authentic Cape Cod. Your table is directly over the water. Serving lunch and dinner. Celebrating our 69th season. We will attempt to accommodate specific table requests, but they are not guaranteed. For parties of 8 or more, please call.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Landfall Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Falmouth ›
Landfall Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)special occasion (36)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (26)kid-friendly (25)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Picture PerfectCapeCodderDined on 9/16/2014Open doors to the Woods Hole waterfront atmosphere can't be beat! We recently enjoyed lunch at the Landfall. The house made salmon burger and sweet potato fries were excellent, as was the schrod dinner. There is a nice wine selection by the glass. Our waitress was friendly, professional, and had wonderful timing. As always, we had a wonderful experience at the Landfall Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingOldcapecod424Dined on 8/30/2014Nothing less than exceptional. Owner Jim Estes stopping by and asking how was dinner was just another reason we love the Landfall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried clamsbetsybDined on 8/30/2014Our table of 6 ordered our meal and waited a normal amount of time for our food. When the waitress came with our food she brought 5 out of 6 meals. Apparently they just ran out of fried clam bellies, on the saturday night of labor day weekend. Very disappointing for a mainly seafood restaurant. So now that person had to order another meal and wait for it while we ate. Bad planning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming place, nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014The restaurant is a great place, with its history, location and decor. The food is ok (avoid the meat, seldom seen such a burned piece of filet mignon). The service was so so, maybe tired after a long season?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningMoBeachManDined on 8/23/2014Dinner, food, drinks and our server were all great! Came 2 weeks in a row.Special Features:
- LovelyFoodie2Dined on 8/22/2014Arrived at our 730 reservation time to be seated at a lovely window seat at sunset. Our waitress was prompt bringing water and taking drink order. Everything on the menu looked delicious so we took our time watching boats on the harbor and perusing the menu. When we got our food, ( lobster savanna and broiled seafood) everything was amazing. Very romantic setting with impecable service and such tasty local food. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They forgot my dinnerdiningtigerDined on 8/22/2014Last Friday, my server brought me the wrong entree (the fried fish platter rather than the broiled fish platter). The waitress, who was very sweet, apologized, left my wife's scallops at the table, and told me she'd be back in a minute with the correct order. 5 minutes later, the waitress advised me that my dinner would be out in a few minutes...she then disappeared. 20 minutes later, I told another server to bring me the check and forget my dinner. 5 minutes later my dinner appeared, and I told them I was no longer interested. A gentleman (maybe the manager...who knows?) asked me if anything was wrong, so I told him. He walked away, came back, handed me my check and said only, "mishap". Stunning lack of customer service...or caring.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDesireadDined on 8/20/2014We had yet another wonderful dinner at the Landfall on August 20, 2014. We asked to be seated by the window and we were in a beautiful spot. We both had seafood that was fresh and delicious. A perfect night!Special Features:
- Great Food!WHITMADINERDined on 8/19/2014The food was delicious. We would come back again and again.Special Features:
- Family favoriteHealthspeakerVIPDined on 8/19/2014We took a business associate to dinner here tonight. As always, very good food and service. The swordfish is just delicious. Thanks for making us look good.Special Features:
- Great seafood and steakcaesarsmumDined on 8/16/2014While the salads and sides are unremarkable, the fresh swordfish was spectacular and the filet mignon tender and delicious! Have booked twice recently through Open Table and were seated at an oceanview table both times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Classicdiner56Dined on 8/15/2014I've been going to the Landfall for years. Great location on the water in Woods Hole. They make great drinks. Try the Bloody Mary. Our lunch was good and the cobbler was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overallnysmindDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful place for New England seafood & ambience. Make reservations in advance & request a water view!Special Features:
- Best romantic restaurantMar1Dined on 8/11/2014Great food great atmosphere. The best restaurant in Falmouth/Woods Hole area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and locationLEGGDined on 8/11/2014We really liked the Landfall. It is casual yet full of atmosphere, staff were super friendly, and location is just awesome. Food was delicious. a winner.Special Features:
- Never disappointed.JeanDined on 8/9/2014Food is wonderful. Have taken out of town vistors here on several occasions. Has now become a tradition for my Kansas City friends.Special Features:
- Ordinary foodNeedhamfoodie2Dined on 8/5/2014Honored our reservation but food was ordinary; broccoli not cooked and gluten free bread (at $1 extra) was ice cold. Service was good. For food in this price bracket it was disappointing.
- BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The bread they served at dinner was the best tasting bread we have ever eaten!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerKodiakDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I ate at Landfall Restaurant to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. We requested a water view table and were lucky enough to get one of the three overlooking the ferry terminal and waterway. The service was good, the food excellent although I wish they did not allow people to smoke outside the open doorways while your table is 15 feet away. I would suggest getting there early as there is limited parking as we had to park many blocks away at a meter and feared we would get a ticket before returning to our car.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatsrusDined on 8/2/2014The Landfall is a gem and I would recommend it to anyone whether you have kids or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FenwayDined on 7/25/2014Landfall is a gem. We shall return! Only blip is that parking in Woods Hole is always a challenge ... Particularly when the restaurant's lot is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014This restaurant has a beautiful waterfront location. The food however is only fair and the business would greatly benefit from an improved menu and perhaps a refreshed chef. There has to be excellent fresh seafood available and lots of local farm fresh food also. It is not evident in the quality of foods served here though. A great shame for a wonderful spot.Special Features:
- Rushed serviceKritterDined on 7/18/2014Landfall is a great place, but we were a bit disappointed this visit. Even though we had reservations several days in advance, and even though we had requested a table outside or at a window with a view, we did not get it. We were buried near the back where we could hardly see anything but other diners. When we were served our food and drinks it all came out so fast that we were unable to have the leisurely meal we had planned. We don't often get an evening out without the kids and were looking forward to it, but we found ourselves paying the bill just a little over an hour after we arrived. I think if I am paying $30 an entree I should be able to relax and not feel that the wait staff is trying to turn the table quickly to make more $.Special Features:
- Great for out-of-town visitorsHealthspeakerVIPDined on 7/17/2014I took two teens and an adult who are from a land-locked state to dinner. Service was helpful, as always, the food quite solid. They had lobster which they loved; it was well cracked so easily eaten but still "authentic" looking. The swordfish is simply outstanding. We had a terrific table. Thanks for making me look good!Special Features:
- Good seafood, great ambienceDustyDined on 7/16/2014One of our long term favorites for seafood on the water front of Woods Hole next to the famous oceanographic institution and Martha's Vinyard ferry. Plenty to see as the sun set in the west illuminates this New England scene...best for dinner but come early in the summer as it is popular with both locals and tourists.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VirginiaDinerVirginiaDinerDined on 7/5/2014We were visiting family at the Cape and were so pleased to find this restaurant! The view was lovely and the food was fresh and very well prepared. We especially enjoyed the Clam Chowder - a real treat! Thank you!Special Features:
- Favorite oceanfront lunch spotFultieVIPDined on 7/4/2014We have been coming to Landfall for lunch for many years. Never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining Experience2foodiesDined on 7/3/2014You can't beat the view, but in addition you have excellent food and what appeared to us, the best managed dining room within 100 miles. Plenty of wait staff, attentive, attractive and competent. Kudos to whoever is running the place. Well done. Keep it up.Special Features:
- Just okdinner4fourDined on 7/2/2014We were looking for a delicious seafood dinner with a view. The restaurant website indicates that there are several public parking lots and street spots adjacent to the restaurant, but none of those were obvious to us. We parked in a lot, but weren't quite convinced that we wouldn't be ticketed or towed. 7:00 reservation time and were seated promptly near the French doors, overlooking the water and dock. The food was just ok. The Portuguese garlic toast was dripping with butter and soggy, the scrod was fresh but bland, the chowder was fine. The open door near us was blowing in a strong ocean wind and the cigarrette smoke from people sitting on the dock. Our waitress was ok, not friendly and forgot my glass of wine but it was very busy.Special Features:
- Overall nice dining experienceLichtDined on 7/1/2014Limited menu. Would like to see more variety and specials. Food and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmingfoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014My swordfish was somewhat overcooked and bland. The baked potato was more steamed than baked, skin soggy. The salad was limp.
- Perfect Cape RestaurantRarphantomDined on 6/21/2014If you are looking for great food and the atmosphere to go along with it then Lanfall is it. Right on the water next to where the Ferry leaves from. Very New England menu with the seafood that you would expect. Baked stuffed lobster is pricey for the size, but it was delicious. Have been going here for years and still great. Definitely will have a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Woods Hole must experienceMandKdinewellDined on 6/21/2014While the Landfall menu isn't exactly imaginative, they consistently deliver great, fresh, old fashion new england seafood specialties (e.g., lobstah, fried clams, fisherman platters) amidst old nautical stuff with a terrific view of Woods Hole water activities. It is a bustling place and typically a bit loud. Good service and offers outdoor seating land-side. Free parking (mostly) with validation. The Landfall Restaurant has been a Woods Hole institution since 1946 -- Pricey but well worth the experience at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Nice but a little pricey. Most dinners $31+ bit can get some lighter fare fish and chips lobster roll clam roll for $20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014Our favorite dining spot on the water. Wonderful view along with great food and service.Special Features:
- A trip highlightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014Stumbled onto this place through opentable. Had a great Lobster Savannah and bottle of wine then enjoyed hanging out by the fire pit. Will come back if we ever return to the Cape. Lots of locals at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch in Woods Hole !MimiDined on 6/15/2014Enjoyable meal on the Waterfront. Fresh seafood, friendly staff. We will return !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Landfall ReataurantGingerDined on 6/13/2014I keep going back to this waterfront restaurant in Woods Hole. People who make reservations have seating priority and this night we were at a window where we could see the boats. My out of town friends were quite impressed. The food was fresh and tasty. Mostly fish on the menu but chicken and steak choices also looked inviting. We never felt rushed and had a three hour dining experience. Oh, and parking is right around the corner at a lot. Of the many restaurants available in the area this remains my first choice whether for a casual lunch or dinner with friends.Special Features:
- The perfect birthday spotkarleatsDined on 6/10/2014Birthday lunch at Landfall is becoming an annual tradition - to bad my wife has hers in December when they are closed. Food was great, service was great, and the view is our beloved seascape where the Vineyard Sound meets Buzzards Bay. You can watch the ferries coming and going, and a cormorant gave a diving exhibition right under our window. Life is good, even taking the "year older" factor into account!Special Features:
- the best in woods holegundembergDined on 6/8/2014The best restaurant in woods hole. Nice view from harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.