Land Ocean New American Grill
2720 East Bidwell Street
Folsom, CA 95630Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Land Ocean New American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.landoceanrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9169837000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10:00am to 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday, 11:30am -10:00pm
Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday 10:00am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Friday, 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our "Onyx" private dining room features a glass wall boasting a view of our lobby’s onyx wall and seats up to twelve guests. Perfect for business dinners and special gatherings! Available for two seating times per night.
A word from Land Ocean New American Grill
Land Ocean specializes in great steaks, fresh seafood, and wood fired rotisserie chicken. The menu features a wide variety, from great burgers and salads, to a legendary french dip sandwich. We feature 4 fresh fish daily and a wonderful selection of steaks. Prices range from $10.95 to $29.95. A beautiful, intimate setting with a vibrant bar scene featuring hand crafted cocktails and a premium wine list. Land Ocean or "LO" , also serves a Weekend Brunch from 10am-2pm on Sat and Sun and Happy Hour from 3-7pm, Mon-Fri in the bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Land Ocean New American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Dinner Club AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2013Land Ocean brings back the dinner club atmosphere with muted lighting, luxurious booths, quieter atmosphere and great food in a modern environment. It's just a terrific restaurant for a great dinner with that special someone or friends!Special Features:
- OkjbffVIPDined on 9/6/2013Beautiful, nice menu, excellent service. Into my favorite only because lightingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013The service was good, starters/appetizers were good and the food was just OK.
- Great ServiceSynnDined on 9/2/2013Catie was our server and she was very knowledgeable and also very nice. This was our second time here and the food and service was just as good as the first time. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy appetizersGinDentDined on 9/2/2013Land Ocean has an excellent Happy Hour menu. We tried the buffalo wings, shrimp cocktail, beef Wellington and an artichoke. My favorite was the shrimp. They were large and fresh tasting. My least favorite was the artichoke. It was overcooked; the only thing good about it was the remoulade dipping sauce. Everything else was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We can always count on LandHowardDined on 8/16/2013We can always count on Land Ocean for an enjoyable dining experience. The stuffed pork ribeye was incredible! The freiendly service was first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/13/2013The restaurant has low lighting and a relaxing atmosphere. The staff were friendly, helpful and not pushy. Kudos for their wood fired chicken and appetizers. Hard to choose from their menu so it is good to share with others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceSharonDined on 8/12/2013Four of us met for lunch and had not only great food, but a wonderful time. Our server tuned right in the our group and positively added to the experience.I would hightly recomend Land Ocean New American Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent unknown restaurantmikey1946Dined on 8/11/2013we had booked a table for 6 on a sunday night an traveled from Sacramento to Folsom after reading some reviews on open table, We had no problem finding the restaurant but were amazed to find that it was empty on sunday night at 7 PM. The food was outstanding and the waiter McKenzie was helpful, funny, and knowledgeable. Since this was the only time we had been in this restaurant I do not know if it has busy nights and slow nights but I sinecely hope that this restaurant has nights that are more crowded the one we had there for it deserves it. If you are in the area go there and you will be amazed how good this restaurant isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of us had dinner andBuckeye1VIPDined on 8/10/2013Four of us had dinner and we were basically pleased. The person having the steak pasta was the most enthusiastic. I thought the crab cakes were too spicy but another diner enjoyed them. The starch with the lobster was only ok.
- Tough Review to WriteBuncobobDined on 8/6/2013The service was as good as any we've received (Ms. Figueroa, table 8/1), the dining area is first class, salads, desert, drinks and lobster were excellent, but........the "Land" (meat) part of "Land Ocean" was sub-par. My New York steak was flavorless, tough and clearly not high quality. I discussed this with the server, not to have it taken off the bill (which she did anyway), but since I have some knowledge of food service and restaurants I hoped to be constructive. My wife's filet was better, but neither meat item was anywhere near "steak house" quality. With the current price of beef, restaurants are in a bind: Keep popular items on the menu without pricing it beyond the budget of many diners. We'll return, just not for the meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to rave aboutSuzeWVIPDined on 8/5/2013Nothing special about this restaurant. Food was OK - I ordered a salad with shrimp. Shrimp had been frozen so texture was slightly mushy. Not moist, succulent shrimp which is what I pictured for a restaurant that is named "Land Ocean."
- A return visit is in the cardsLonepiperDined on 8/3/2013We arrived early for our reservation, sat at the bar for Martini's and Manhattans. Drinks were superb and served by an excellent bartender who also went over the menu with us and made recommendations all of which we ordered and were extremely pleased with. Not a poor choice amongst the four of us. This was our first visit but will not be the last great job Land Ocean. By the way make sure you request the bread! Thanks to all the servers that made this a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Very Good :)SashaVIPDined on 8/3/2013We introduced our Friends to Restaurant. From the Oysters, Salads, Soup to “The Land Ocean”…. Loved the new added dessert too :)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013The food was good, not great. I ordered the Land Ocean (6oz Filet and a Lobster tail). Both were cooked toy liking but lacked the flavor I expected. The steak did not taste aged and I wasn't craving that next bite! My wife ordered a 9oz Top Sitloin with Scampi. The steak was cooked right but the taste was lacking and it was also far from melting in her mouth. The scampi were cooked in a light batter, almost like tempura. They were ok. Our waiter was very professional and polite. We will not be going back but I might try for lunch as I hear their sandwiches are good. Sienna is their sister restaurant in El Dorado Hills and offers a better ambiance with much better food.Special Features:
- Keeps getting better.........YuckVIPDined on 8/2/2013Great steaks, the smashed red potatoes were wonderful and the Cesar salad very tasty. Only drawback is limited selection of vodka....... Stellar...........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2013The food at this restaurant is outstanding. I had the tempura shrimp in coconut sauce. It was phenomenal. My wife had the buffalo burger and really liked it. We had the calamari appetizer, and it was hot, crunchy and delicious too. The only problem was that we had a party of 6 and we were seated at a corner table that was round, and too large for the server to reach the people in the back. He had to set the plates on the table and scoot them toward those guests. Filling water and drink glasses was also a problem for him due to the length of the table. Service was good. I don't care for the policy that you have to request bread to get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!cdavenportVIPDined on 7/22/2013I had the 8 oz. filet mignon and it was phenomenal. would recommend it to anyone. The place was really nice and if i lived in the area (just visiting), ii'definitely go back! Great cocktails too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for Enjoyable DinnerSashaVIPDined on 7/20/2013We we're happy to see Restaurant busy so early in the evening....We started off with Dozen of Oysters, husband had Swordfish special and I had New York Steak, everything was very tasty. We also enjoyed Banana Cream pie :). Look forward to our next visit! Our Server was also great, nice to see someone who enjoy's his job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicesmarty2VIPDined on 7/19/2013We enjoyed great steaks and customer service... Friday night dinner was a great way to start are weekend!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnersnowDined on 7/12/2013A party of five enjoyed a delightful dinner on Friday Evening. We have absolutely no complaints at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedChosnVIPDined on 7/9/2013This place is a regular stop for me and my hubby. Nice "getaway" from Sacramento hub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant night out with friends,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013Pleasant night out with friends, good service. the caprice chicken salad was very good, chicken was moist and tender. clam chowder excellant. Sea bass was great although sweet, but the Tri-tip was not special, something I could make at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came here lunch. Our waiterKatherineVIPDined on 7/4/2013I came here lunch. Our waiter was very friendly and made recommendations on what to try. The bf and weren't too hungry and we didn't want a large dish so we shared a Kobe cheese burger. It came with jack cheese and all the fixings, the bun was lightly toasted, the meat was cook perfectly. And I ordered a side of their chipotle ranch and it made the burger even better!!!Special Features:
- Review of dinner 6/30 at Land OceanMKdinnerDined on 6/30/2013As usual we had a great dinner and wonderful service. Dustin was our server. He proves to be attentive but not overbearing; timely, pleasant and polite. I cannot say enough good things about him or the service we received. Dinner was delicious! I had the house salad with grilled chicken added. The chicken was warm and fresh. My husband had the "Land Ocean" Filet and lobster with loaded baked potato - all of which was delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/30/2013Another excellent experience at Land Ocean. Seared ahi salad, balsamic beef pasta and mahi mahi with spicy tomato sauce were excellent. 2nd time here and haven't been disappointed yet. Will return again to try other menu itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Birthday spotReneeFDined on 6/28/2013We enjoyed a wonderful birthday dinner for my Mom here! We usually go into Land Ocean for lunch meetings and the energy was so much different on Friday night. Everyone was enjoying themselves, the restaurant was full, the food was fantastic! My mom and I had the Land Ocean (filet and lobster) and it was truly delectable! My Dad and husband both had steaks and they looked delicious! My two boys (8 and 11) also enjoyed themselves and their dinners. The server was fun and attentive. All in all, the evening was a huge success!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerRMmamaDined on 6/19/2013We had never been to LandOcean before, so we tried it on our anniversary. We sat at the bar before dinner, and enjoyed some Manhattans and tried the tempura prawn appetizer (outstanding!). The bar was pretty busy for a Wed night, but it was a nice crowd. For dinner we sat in a booth that allowed us to see the entire restaurant and enjoy the scenery. We ordered the filet minon and lobster tail, of course. The filet was superb and the lobster was good as well, but be aware that it's a 6oz so it's on the small side. All in all, we enjoyed our experience. I would consider it a restaurant that you go to for more special occasions or even just for the happy hour at the bar. We'd really like to try their Sunday brunch and bring the kids next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2013Landocean is trying too hard to be Paul Martins. The problem is they have a lot to live up to and have fallen short of the goal. Food wassoso the server brought me a drink after I said no thank you. The food was two different temps meat was hot potato were cool. Just not the best we have had.
- Awesome as alwaysalkardnDined on 6/16/2013After several times having dinner at Land Ocean, we tried brunch on Fathers Day. The food was awesome, our server McKenzie (the twin) was outstanding. We enjoyed our experience so very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for dinnerOrioooVIPDined on 6/16/2013We took my 90 year old father and 86 year old mother for father's day brunch. They were so good with my parents, accommodating their walkers and such. We were not too crazy about the brunch menu though. We love dining there for dinner but thought the brunch menu was just ok and very expensive for what you got. We will keep searching for a better place to brunch and stick to this place for dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We go to Land Ocean for every holiday and we love it! Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day Brunch, disappointingmcskcjgDined on 6/16/2013We frequent Lane Ocean and typically have a better experience than this review reflects. This review is for Fathers Day Brunch and it is apparent LO has much to learn if the want to compete in this brunch market. For $30 per adult this was marketed and promoted to have bottomless mimosa and muffins. Though the restaurant was not busy, we had to wait uncharacteristically long for a second refill of mimosas and mini muffins felt "rationed" to two per. By no means bottomless. Portions seemed small (though delicious) and fresh fruit was missing at a pricey brunch. (We all ordered from breakfast side of menu). The lack of attention by server was also uncharacteristic and very surprising...especially with the many vacant tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Land Ocean - a great dinner choiceDennisDined on 6/15/2013Recently had my fifth dinner at Land Ocean and it was as good as the first four times - great food, great service and overall good value for the price. If you like fish try the Sea Bass!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2013They were very accomodating with my request to change their dish to my liking. It was delicious. My only wish is that dinner would be served with a small salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the same!ChosnVIPDined on 6/14/2013We visit often, from Sacramento - never disappointed. The Fit 'm Fare specials are aa delightful way to stay within the confines of one's diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/13/2013We love this place. The food is an Art form here. The service is very professional, yet friendly. I only wish the music was more mellow. It is too loud to talk over, and not "dinner music". I am not here to be entertained. I am here to dine. Background music, please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Land OceanOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013The cocktails are made from scratch and were very good. Especially the top shelf margaritas and mojito,sSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed The ExperiencetazzkattDined on 6/8/2013I have been told for a long time that this was a good restaurant. It was! I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was enjoyable and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Folsoms best restaurant hands down!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2013This was our first visit to Land Ocean; it's now our new favorite restaurant! The service was excellent, Whitney gave us the time we needed to enjoy our evening out. We started with the Crab Cakes and Cheesy Garlic Bread. Both had unique flavors and would order them again. I had the Roasted Chicken and my wife had the Surf and turf. The chicken was very good, the mashed potatoes were good, but not as creamy as I like. I didn’t get to try the surf and turf; I was stuffed and couldn’t eat anymore. I highly recommend Land Ocean and hope to be back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.