Lana Restaurant & Bar
210 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lana Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lanarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8437208899x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Ondo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us create a special event catered around your personal taste.
- Cross Street: Cannon
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking for Lana customers is now available across the street on Rutledge in the Holy Communion Church lot 5 p.m.-12 a.m. Attendant is on duty during these hours.
There is also Ample street parking is available along Rutledge Avenue and Cannon Street.
A word from Lana Restaurant & Bar
Cozy and sophisticated Lana Restaurant & Bar offers old world cuisine with local and sustainable ingredients. Chef owned and operated Lana is off the beaten path and a local favorite. In house cured meats and pates, house made gnocchi Lana has garnered local regional and national acclaim.The freshest ingredients are delivered daily by local farmers and fisherman. Join us for lunch or dinner we look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Lana Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Lana Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (54)romantic (36)special occasion (34)notable wine list (20)good for groups (19)great for lunch (15)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- great date night-spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014This place was fantastic! It was tucked away in a less busy neighborhood of Charleston, but the food and wine were terrific and the place was well decorated inside.Special Features:
- hidden gemdegomDined on 10/17/2014Lana's is a hidden gem. wonderful restaurant and never dissapoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remember this place!DiningCharlestonVIPDined on 10/8/2014The wines by the glass are top notch affordable selections. 10 dollar Cab from '09 tasted like a 70 dollar bottle.. Caramelized cherries, forrest floor, and minerals. The menu is constantly changing and seasonal, representing Spain, Italy, and France. Beautiful dishes excuted in a smart way. Can't say enough really, it's a neighborhood gem that needs to be remembered and sent business once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!paulq101VIPDined on 10/1/2014We have dined here several times and it never ceases to amaze us. The food is always outstanding as is the service. We have entertained several visitors to Charleston there and all have raved about Lana and want to go beck when they've returned.Special Features:
- Anniversary in CharlestonabrooksDined on 9/24/2014We celebrated our 5 year anniversary at Lana Restaurant and it was amazing! Our service was wonderful and our meals were outstanding as well. Would strongly recommend for a romantic night out!Special Features:
- WonderfullovebrunchDined on 9/19/2014Lana is the perfect spot for a fun low key evening. The pasta is wonderful and the service and drinks are great!Special Features:
- Always Good!ADL2013VIPDined on 9/19/2014I've been a fan of Lana since it first opened and my last experience reinforces my opinion. The food is always great and so is the service! My favorite appetizer is always the lamb spanakopita. From there, I usually choose the seafood special. They have an excellent selection. It's quiet so you can hear yourself talk. What I did not know until I left is that they have a parking area that I have been unaware of which makes it really convenient for parking as well. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent soup but...CpdpkDined on 9/16/2014Excellent bacon veggie soup but down hill from there. One side dish in edible. Main was ok, nothing special. Chef needs to watch seasoning and not to overcook fish.
- NOM!WestsideDinerDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, killer service, reasonable prices. I hadn't eaten at Lana since around the time they opened, roughly 7 years ago? I'm kicking myself for so many missed years of great dining.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening...FoodeeDined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious, the menu creative, the service attentive and friendly, the chef gracious, attentive, and generous. A perfect evening. I will certainly go back for more!Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerSatisfiedCustomerDined on 9/13/2014This is probably the 8th time I have ate at this restaurant. I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food snobby serviceTravelerDined on 9/13/2014We ate at Lana's while on vacation on the recommendation of hotel staff. The food was excellent unfortunately this was offset by a waiter that treated us as if lanas was a private club and we were not members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemjoyatiopDined on 9/11/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Charleston. Always great food served creatively. Chef Ondo is on site, cooking and making sure you are happy. The Mediterranean style food is excellent but won't break your budget. Now parking available across the street (after 5 p.m.) makes eating here very easy.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDavidDined on 9/10/2014Food and service were fantastic. We split a dinner (there is a small charge) and they brought our appetizer and entrée on separate plates. Very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find off the beaten pathPdsnyder123Dined on 9/8/2014Lana's has stood the test of time and that says a lot in charleston.Special Features:
- Great service, good foodMayorJaspDined on 9/6/2014Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience. We all agree the gnocchi first course on your Restaurant Week menu should be an entree! Our server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very gooddebpodDined on 9/6/2014Lana is our go-to, quasi high end stand by. If the location were a little more convenient, we would definitely go more often. The food is excellent, the staff is always knowledgeable and friendly, and the dining room is nice but comfortable. I have been for dinner and lunch, but are great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyjwgjrDined on 9/6/2014small, charming and magnificent food, great prices....allowed to bring your own bottle of wine in (corkage fee applies) we will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing!ErnieDined on 9/6/2014Being a Charleston native this was not my first visit to Lana. In my opinion, one of the finest, most consistent restaurants in city of great restaurants. Never been disappointed. The food is always amazing. My only regret is not getting here as often as I'd like!Special Features:
- Well kept secretproudmamiDined on 9/6/2014The Charleston Restaurant Week menu gave great options. The waitstaff was pleasant, courteous and attentive, the atmosphere charming and the food simply delicious. Conveniently located at the corner of Rutledge and Cannon, Lana doesn't get the attention it deserves. Grilled shrimp was perfectly prepared as was the tender short ribs, and the panna cotta was simply divine! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choice for our groupjksreviewsDined on 9/5/2014We were a party of 5, and we went during Restaurant Week. They had wonderful options on the 3 for $30 menu which was a great value. The first course gnocchi was excellent as was the pork tenderloin entree and the panna cotta with dried fig dessert. We had more than one wait person, but the manager was one of them. She was hilarious and delightful! Would probably go back just to see her, but the food was very good also and we enjoyed the lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place failed foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Recommended by friends it's a lovely spot with great vibe and look. Unfortunately I let waitstaff tl me into a ribeye over the fish special. Ordered medium came olmost cold. Sent it back with predictable results. My wife's meal was excellent however so willing to give it another tryI would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceFoodieDined on 8/12/2014My fiance and I had dinner here recently and the food was fabulous as always but the service was truly exceptional. It was a wonderful evening. They have a prix fixe menu with 3 courses for 33 dollars in addition to their regular menu, and it is a great deal. This restaurant has been a local favorite of ours for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulByronVIPDined on 8/7/2014The best restaurant in Charleston. Always perfect in every aspect. Thanks LanaSpecial Features:
- great surpriseDebTDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit to Lana's and definitely won't be our last because the food was delicious with obvious care in it's preparation. I had pappardelle bolognese which was mouth watering and a delicious house salad and my husband had a ribeye with a ridiculous amount of great French fries. We both loved our meals and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandforksgalJRTerriorDined on 8/1/2014Lana is a hidden Jem. Nice quiet but active ambience. Nice for conversation,staff well versed on menu. Nice set menu. Food was creative and very good,,flavorful, interesting combinations of flavors. Parking across street helpful in busy neighborhood. Would definitely go again and take friends. For a evening of conversation, good wine and food.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceediroseDined on 7/29/2014The food is outstanding, every time I have been. Fresh ingredients and creative combinations make it a favorite.Special Features:
- DeliciouscoateddiVIPDined on 7/24/2014we arrived in charleston with no idea of where to go for dinner so turned to open table & selected Lana as closest to our hotel. we were delightfully surprised to find inventive delicious cuisine. The antipasta was fantastic as was everything else. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lana's is my favorite restaurantTABBDined on 7/23/2014Lana's food can't be beat! My favorite is the house salad and the pappardelle Bolognese. Even when my family visit they request that we go to Lana's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timeoutDined on 7/22/2014We found the meal to be very tastefully presented. The salad and vegetables were very fresh and cooked just right. The main meal was cooked perfectly and we ended with empty plates. The scallops were wonderful and the duck was tender and tasty. We hadn't been to Lana's for a while - our mistake. We will return soon. Wish I had room for dessert but alas we'll have to wait till next time. Also the service was friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Pleasant Restaurant2pagesDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is exceptional in every category except parking is a challenge. The appetizers and entrees were all wonderful and offered great selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014We had a work group lunch here and the food and service were great! We'll go back.Special Features:
- outstanding restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Great place for a large party, service was outstanding and menu had something for everyone, food well preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GoChasFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Best duck in Chas. Don't skip the deserts, especially the Pannacatta. The chef is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCH AT LANABillVIPDined on 7/10/2014THE SALAD AND PASTA I HAD WAS VERY GOOD THE SANDWICH 3 OTHERS HAD OK ONLY AND THE SALMON WAS GOOD. GOOD FOR LUNCH BUT NOT THE FIRST CHOICE OF MY WIFE AND ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!Beach4meDined on 7/8/2014This was our 1st time at your restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The mussels in spicy sauce were awesome, everything arrived hot. Great bread, olive oil and no one in our party of 8 was disappointed. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- GoodEatsDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed dinner for 4 on a busy Saturday evening in a lovely restaurant with really good food and service. Kelly was charming, friendly and helpful. Prices were reasonable (not cheap). Will make a point to return again soon. Bread was late in arriving to the table and we received the wrong check, but these issues were easily dealt with and did not prevent us from having a wonderful dine-out experience.Special Features:
- Food great but....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014The food is amazing but pricey. Waiving the corkage fee weekdays makes this a great spot for a week night dinner option with out having "week-end date night" prices. The servers however don't seem pleased when you show up with your own wine. Management needs to address this.Special Features:
- Understated gem2localsDined on 6/28/2014Lana's is a relatively unheralded gem. We are neighborhood regulars and often take friends there and invariably everyone is absolutely delighted with all aspects of the establishment. The food, the service, the friendly atmosphere, all are outstanding and perfectly reliable. As far as we are concerned, Lana is one of the best restaurants in Charleston for good dining in an unpretentious setting. In a city where vaunted new restaurants seem to pop up on a regular basis, Lana is a sure bet that never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findJCX3Dined on 6/25/2014Booked on line at the last minute. We got the last table and while service was a little slow at first, the staff was great and the food was awesome. The duck was some of the best I ever had. 1/2 off wine Wednesday was a nice surprise as well. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.