Lana Restaurant & Bar
210 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lana Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lanarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8437208899x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Ondo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us create a special event catered around your personal taste.
- Cross Street: Cannon
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking for Lana customers is now available across the street on Rutledge in the Holy Communion Church lot 5 p.m.-12 a.m. Attendant is on duty during these hours.
There is also Ample street parking is available along Rutledge Avenue and Cannon Street.
A word from Lana Restaurant & Bar
Cozy and sophisticated Lana Restaurant & Bar offers old world cuisine with local and sustainable ingredients. Chef owned and operated Lana is off the beaten path and a local favorite. In house cured meats and pates, house made gnocchi Lana has garnered local regional and national acclaim.The freshest ingredients are delivered daily by local farmers and fisherman. Join us for lunch or dinner we look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Lana Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Lana Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (57)romantic (40)special occasion (34)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (17)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice place failed foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Recommended by friends it's a lovely spot with great vibe and look. Unfortunately I let waitstaff tl me into a ribeye over the fish special. Ordered medium came olmost cold. Sent it back with predictable results. My wife's meal was excellent however so willing to give it another tryI would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceFoodieDined on 8/12/2014My fiance and I had dinner here recently and the food was fabulous as always but the service was truly exceptional. It was a wonderful evening. They have a prix fixe menu with 3 courses for 33 dollars in addition to their regular menu, and it is a great deal. This restaurant has been a local favorite of ours for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulByronVIPDined on 8/7/2014The best restaurant in Charleston. Always perfect in every aspect. Thanks LanaSpecial Features:
- great surpriseDebTDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit to Lana's and definitely won't be our last because the food was delicious with obvious care in it's preparation. I had pappardelle bolognese which was mouth watering and a delicious house salad and my husband had a ribeye with a ridiculous amount of great French fries. We both loved our meals and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandforksgalJRTerriorDined on 8/1/2014Lana is a hidden Jem. Nice quiet but active ambience. Nice for conversation,staff well versed on menu. Nice set menu. Food was creative and very good,,flavorful, interesting combinations of flavors. Parking across street helpful in busy neighborhood. Would definitely go again and take friends. For a evening of conversation, good wine and food.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceediroseDined on 7/29/2014The food is outstanding, every time I have been. Fresh ingredients and creative combinations make it a favorite.Special Features:
- DeliciouscoateddiDined on 7/24/2014we arrived in charleston with no idea of where to go for dinner so turned to open table & selected Lana as closest to our hotel. we were delightfully surprised to find inventive delicious cuisine. The antipasta was fantastic as was everything else. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lana's is my favorite restaurantTABBDined on 7/23/2014Lana's food can't be beat! My favorite is the house salad and the pappardelle Bolognese. Even when my family visit they request that we go to Lana's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- timeoutDined on 7/22/2014We found the meal to be very tastefully presented. The salad and vegetables were very fresh and cooked just right. The main meal was cooked perfectly and we ended with empty plates. The scallops were wonderful and the duck was tender and tasty. We hadn't been to Lana's for a while - our mistake. We will return soon. Wish I had room for dessert but alas we'll have to wait till next time. Also the service was friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Pleasant Restaurant2pagesDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is exceptional in every category except parking is a challenge. The appetizers and entrees were all wonderful and offered great selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014We had a work group lunch here and the food and service were great! We'll go back.Special Features:
- outstanding restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Great place for a large party, service was outstanding and menu had something for everyone, food well preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GoChasFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Best duck in Chas. Don't skip the deserts, especially the Pannacatta. The chef is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCH AT LANABillVIPDined on 7/10/2014THE SALAD AND PASTA I HAD WAS VERY GOOD THE SANDWICH 3 OTHERS HAD OK ONLY AND THE SALMON WAS GOOD. GOOD FOR LUNCH BUT NOT THE FIRST CHOICE OF MY WIFE AND ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!Beach4meDined on 7/8/2014This was our 1st time at your restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The mussels in spicy sauce were awesome, everything arrived hot. Great bread, olive oil and no one in our party of 8 was disappointed. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- GoodEatsDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed dinner for 4 on a busy Saturday evening in a lovely restaurant with really good food and service. Kelly was charming, friendly and helpful. Prices were reasonable (not cheap). Will make a point to return again soon. Bread was late in arriving to the table and we received the wrong check, but these issues were easily dealt with and did not prevent us from having a wonderful dine-out experience.Special Features:
- Food great but....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014The food is amazing but pricey. Waiving the corkage fee weekdays makes this a great spot for a week night dinner option with out having "week-end date night" prices. The servers however don't seem pleased when you show up with your own wine. Management needs to address this.Special Features:
- Understated gem2localsDined on 6/28/2014Lana's is a relatively unheralded gem. We are neighborhood regulars and often take friends there and invariably everyone is absolutely delighted with all aspects of the establishment. The food, the service, the friendly atmosphere, all are outstanding and perfectly reliable. As far as we are concerned, Lana is one of the best restaurants in Charleston for good dining in an unpretentious setting. In a city where vaunted new restaurants seem to pop up on a regular basis, Lana is a sure bet that never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findJCX3Dined on 6/25/2014Booked on line at the last minute. We got the last table and while service was a little slow at first, the staff was great and the food was awesome. The duck was some of the best I ever had. 1/2 off wine Wednesday was a nice surprise as well. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTABBDined on 6/25/2014Lanas restaurant is the BEST! Food is fantastic, atmosphere is great and the service is wonderful. Very consistent - we've never had a bad meal there..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for lunchCallaWassieDined on 6/23/2014A wonderful and diverse lunch menu brought us back for our second visit. Glad to have our same helpful waiter Sam as well. Over all , a great experience...We'll be back again and hopefully have dinner next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a Change.ErmkidDined on 6/13/2014Did not find Lana's to be your typical Charleston "foodie" place. Good food by all means. Seems to be a more local people establishment, which is nice for a change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for DinnerRonnieDined on 6/13/2014Went here for dinner with 2 other people. Was served quickly, appetizers were good, calamari was light and fresh, the cheese plate was good too but needed some crackers or bread to accompany it. Entrees were good, enjoyed everything. The service was very good but our waiter seemed a bit aloof, like he was going through the motion of being interested in what we wanted. He was very disengaged, which made it feel a little awkward. Chef came out with our entrees which was nice. Would recommend.Special Features:
- A Neighborhod Gem!SecondtimeacharmDined on 6/11/2014Great food, outstanding service, great waiter with total understanding of menu! A must visit in Charleston! Kelly was our server and was terrific! In all my years of dining out he rates as one of the best! Very interesting and thought out menu! Food was prepared perfectly and served at correct temperature! We were a party of five and began with a calamari app- which was very tasty! Restaurant sits on a busy street in a neighborhood a little run down but didn't take away from a great culinary experience! Had the best mixed vodka gimlet ever made with fresh squeezed lime in it! Don't forget to order desserts! Making reservation through Open Table was very convenient and accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A not-to-miss local gem!localdinerDined on 6/7/2014Upon recommendation we tried and were very happy with our decision to visit Lana. Food and service were great - will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Well managed restaurantwasabiDined on 6/7/2014Lovely restaurant, excellent service. Great presentation. Were able to make an eight p.m. show without feeling rushed. Server was the best. Menu offered selections that helped us compose a healthy but not too heavy meal. 5 stars for ingredients, technique and presentation.Special Features:
- ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The chicken dinner with the potato croquettes is consistent every time I have ordered it--seasonal veggies always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MollyDined on 6/5/2014Lana is always excellent. The Spoleto lunch menu was filling and delicious, especially the soups. Service is always professional and unobtrusive and the chef is often out and about the dining room.Special Features:
- Surprise in CharlestonWJP1Dined on 6/2/2014This restaurant is not listed in any of the Charleston books, found it online and it got great reviews. On the outside it looks like a small simple restaurant but once you enter the front door it is another story. The atmosphere is wonderful. Very intimate. The hostess was very friendly and our waitress, Stephanie, was amazing. The wine list was great and we asked Stephanie for suggestions (we love to try different wines). I told her I usually drink a dry Chardonnay and she asked us if we were game to try a wine she has just discovered herself so we said sure. She brought us a sample and we loved it.(Pinot Biano) The food was amazing, each course was obviously individually prepared just for you. Probably our best meal in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014I think that this just might be my favorite restaurant in Charleston. The flavors are rich, subtle, and sophisticated.Special Features:
- HappyCamperDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Lana during the Spoleto Festival. Service was warm and attentive and the food excellent. They featured locally sourced items on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/29/2014Once again an excellent meal at Lana. Attentive but unobtrusive service from Paul, meals delivered by chef John. Don't come to Charleston without dining here.Special Features:
- Now I know what "neighborhood gem"MyFoodieSideVIPDined on 5/28/2014What a find! Lana is on the corner of Rutledge and Cannon. On a Wednesday evening in May, we sat at a window table and watched a neighborhood enjoy a warm and pleasant evening: couples on colorful bikes, families with strollers, mature couples ambling down the street, groups of young folks. The menu is a joy for those who like creative veggie options, as well as more traditional offerings. The service is personal, expert, and completely comfortable. It is a small restaurant - perfect for an intimate dinner for two, as well as groups of colleagues and young families.Special Features:
- Party of 2 .. dinner during SpoletoNativeCharlestonguyDined on 5/27/2014Everything was very tasty. Short ribs were so tender and very nice portions. Will be going back and recommended highly.Special Features:
- First time - won't be the lastopentablevipVIPDined on 5/24/2014We have a second home in Charleston and our daughter lives in Charleston, so we are in town quite often. We had been meaning to try Lana for some time but had never gotten around to it until recently. The food is excellent, and we will definitely be back. In a city with so many good restaurants, Lana is definitely a standout. The service was not formal but very professional. The dining room is nice but not stuffy. The prices are very good for the quality of the food. We will definitely add Lana to our list of regular places to dine in Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time AroundFoodieDined on 5/24/2014Took out of town company to Lana this weekend after enjoying a great meal in March for a b-day celebration. Food did not dissapoint. We all enjoyed our dinners: pasta putanessca, fish nicoise, pork scaloppini with polenta. Desserts sampled were the gelato trio and lemon tart w/raspberry coolis. Very good. Homemade bread and dipping oil was delish. More veggies would have made it perfect. The protein portions were ample. Off the beaten path, but a real gem in Charleston...and on street parking.Special Features:
- Great Food & Stellar ServiceCharlestonResidentVIPDined on 5/17/2014They are welcoming and attentive. The food is delicious and it's neat that they offer half-size portions for those who don't want to be wasteful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodluvchsfoodDined on 5/10/2014A big group of people was set next to us and we ended up moving tables bc the guy next to my husband was practically in his lap. No parking around the restaurant. Good food though.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableLowcountryFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Dinner at Lana is always a very enjoyable experience. While not the most exciting in Charleston, the food and atmosphere are very consistent and it is nice to be able to eat somewhere with a neighborhood vibe on occasion with all of the new "hot spots" popping up on the food scene in Charleston. We ate there Friday of The Citadel, College of Charleston, and Charleston Law graduations (as well as mother's day) and while it stayed busy the entire time, the staff did an excellent job of keeping pace and it never felt too crowded. Will definitely be back again and again!!Special Features:
- Poor managementWineandDineDined on 5/9/2014Food was incredible. Dinner was ruined, however, after our plates were cleared and we were finishing our wine and the chef and servers took out water glasses as we drinking them, took our napkins, and hovered over us with new place settings in order to hurry is.Special Features: