Lana Restaurant & Bar
210 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lana Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lanarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (843) 720-8899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Ondo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us create a special event catered around your personal taste.
- Cross Street: Cannon
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Free parking for Lana customers is now available across the street on Rutledge in the Holy Communion Church lot 5 p.m.-12 a.m. Attendant is on duty during these hours.
There is also Ample street parking is available along Rutledge Avenue and Cannon Street.
A word from Lana Restaurant & Bar
Cozy and sophisticated Lana Restaurant & Bar offers old world cuisine with local and sustainable ingredients. Chef owned and operated Lana is off the beaten path and a local favorite. In house cured meats and pates, house made gnocchi Lana has garnered local regional and national acclaim.The freshest ingredients are delivered daily by local farmers and fisherman. Join us for lunch or dinner we look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Lana Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Lana Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (52)romantic (39)special occasion (35)notable wine list (20)good for groups (16)hot spot (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Never DisappointsStevenInCharlestonVIPDined on 11/21/2014I have been going to LANA for several years now, and this little gem never disappoints. A warm and inviting atmosphere, delicious food, and stellar service all combine to make every evening spent there enjoyable and memorable. John Ondo has created a culinary home that is the perfect combination of "Gourmet" and "Mother's Kitchen." Every time I leave, I look forward to my return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Charleston locals.LauraDined on 11/15/2014Always dependable, non-tourist trap Charleston restaurant. We brought friends and they considered it a new "find" for them. Menu offers many options, and food is consistently very good. I had the pate platter and shared it around, we all loved it. Spouse had the calamari and it was great. Nightly they vary the risotto - that is always a good choice. Fish options also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantcriegerDined on 11/8/2014I was looking for a cozy Charleston restaurant that we hadn't tried, and Lana's fit the bill. We arrived before our scheduled reservation and sat at the bar to wait for the rest of our group. The bartender was wonderful and told us all about the restaurant. I loved that the restaurant was situated on the corner, it had great windows facing 2 streets. Our waiter was prompt and friendly. The food was outstanding! We shared the calamari appetizer, which was quite a large portion, and it was delicious! I order the grouper which was also cooked to perfection. Everyone was very pleased with their dinner selections. It was a bit pricy to be our every week restaurant, but we will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful fins off the beaten pathJEKinSADined on 11/7/2014We found Lana on OT while looking for restaurants in downtown Charleston. The reviews were great and it was near our hotel (on the west side of the city) so we tried it. How fortuitous! All four of us ordered different entrees and we all were very happy with the food, delightful staff, wine and ambiance. Creative and tasty dishes abound. I had the Monk's Bowl with a first course salad. It was delicious! The noise level was loud when we arrived, as the restaurant was packed. But we could still carry on conversations. Not at all a tourist place, so we felt loke we were locals. Definitely recommended Lana to others.Special Features:
- Lovely but saltyLike2dineDined on 11/7/2014We applaud their spirit and creativity in dish composition. Soups were especially good! Veggie entree was good but did not meet up to raves of other reviewers - though very generous in portion size. Calamari and main dishes were too salty. Another nearby table sent back salty scallops. This was our only disappointment - lighter on the salt, please. Parking was convenient but hard to see the sign at night - know where it is before you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryFeedbagDined on 11/5/2014We've been here many times, and it has always been fantastic. Chose this as our destination for 10th anniversary as we knew we would have a good experience - we were not disappointed. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Awesome spot off the beaten path. Great food, service and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gemiop4usVIPDined on 10/29/2014Our second visit to Lana and it was just as wonderful as our first. So happy that this restaurant continues to deliver a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- Last minute choicescotmDined on 10/24/2014Found on open table and glad I did. Great food, excellent service in a beautiful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/22/2014Lana consistantly has great food. We have frequented the restuarant for years-it is one of our favorites !Special Features:
- Awesome Return TripDowntownConciergeVIPDined on 10/20/2014Wonderful experience once again. This was our second trip to Lana and we will be back again. I hesitate to write a great review for fear that all the tourists will find this hidden gem. But, they deserve it. Wonderful cocktails (Seelbach), awesome appetizers (Antipasto for 2), and of course house-made desserts that you have to save room for. I had the grouper as my main course this time and of course it was very very good. Service is always attentive and the place is a must try if you're in the area.Special Features:
- great date night-spot!pearlzfoodieDined on 10/17/2014This place was fantastic! It was tucked away in a less busy neighborhood of Charleston, but the food and wine were terrific and the place was well decorated inside.Special Features:
- hidden gemdegomDined on 10/17/2014Lana's is a hidden gem. wonderful restaurant and never dissapoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014My boyfriend and I went here for date night and had read good reviews. We were disappointed. The location is nice and it has parking so that is huge in downtown Charleston. We ordered the calamari and it was really good a bit salty but still really good. My boyfriend got the Gnocchi Broccoli and it was nothing to write home about. I got the Gnocchi ai Funghi, unfortunately there were so many mushroom it was absolutely overwhelming! There was no tasting anything but mushrooms. Extremely disappointed to not taste anything like garlic and sage or a porcini cream sauceThe consistency of the Gnocchi was just perfect, I found myself using the side of the bowl to wipe the sauce off just to eat it. Overall not good but not bad either. Skip it
- Remember this place!DiningCharlestonVIPDined on 10/8/2014The wines by the glass are top notch affordable selections. 10 dollar Cab from '09 tasted like a 70 dollar bottle.. Caramelized cherries, forrest floor, and minerals. The menu is constantly changing and seasonal, representing Spain, Italy, and France. Beautiful dishes excuted in a smart way. Can't say enough really, it's a neighborhood gem that needs to be remembered and sent business once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!paulq101VIPDined on 10/1/2014We have dined here several times and it never ceases to amaze us. The food is always outstanding as is the service. We have entertained several visitors to Charleston there and all have raved about Lana and want to go beck when they've returned.Special Features:
- Anniversary in CharlestonabrooksDined on 9/24/2014We celebrated our 5 year anniversary at Lana Restaurant and it was amazing! Our service was wonderful and our meals were outstanding as well. Would strongly recommend for a romantic night out!Special Features:
- WonderfullovebrunchDined on 9/19/2014Lana is the perfect spot for a fun low key evening. The pasta is wonderful and the service and drinks are great!Special Features:
- Always Good!ADL2013VIPDined on 9/19/2014I've been a fan of Lana since it first opened and my last experience reinforces my opinion. The food is always great and so is the service! My favorite appetizer is always the lamb spanakopita. From there, I usually choose the seafood special. They have an excellent selection. It's quiet so you can hear yourself talk. What I did not know until I left is that they have a parking area that I have been unaware of which makes it really convenient for parking as well. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Excellent soup but...CpdpkDined on 9/16/2014Excellent bacon veggie soup but down hill from there. One side dish in edible. Main was ok, nothing special. Chef needs to watch seasoning and not to overcook fish.
- NOM!WestsideDinerDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, killer service, reasonable prices. I hadn't eaten at Lana since around the time they opened, roughly 7 years ago? I'm kicking myself for so many missed years of great dining.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening...FoodeeDined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious, the menu creative, the service attentive and friendly, the chef gracious, attentive, and generous. A perfect evening. I will certainly go back for more!Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerSatisfiedCustomerDined on 9/13/2014This is probably the 8th time I have ate at this restaurant. I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- Good food snobby serviceTravelerDined on 9/13/2014We ate at Lana's while on vacation on the recommendation of hotel staff. The food was excellent unfortunately this was offset by a waiter that treated us as if lanas was a private club and we were not members.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemjoyatiopDined on 9/11/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Charleston. Always great food served creatively. Chef Ondo is on site, cooking and making sure you are happy. The Mediterranean style food is excellent but won't break your budget. Now parking available across the street (after 5 p.m.) makes eating here very easy.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDavidDined on 9/10/2014Food and service were fantastic. We split a dinner (there is a small charge) and they brought our appetizer and entrée on separate plates. Very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find off the beaten pathPdsnyder123Dined on 9/8/2014Lana's has stood the test of time and that says a lot in charleston.Special Features:
- Great service, good foodMayorJaspDined on 9/6/2014Overall, it was a pleasant dining experience. We all agree the gnocchi first course on your Restaurant Week menu should be an entree! Our server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very gooddebpodDined on 9/6/2014Lana is our go-to, quasi high end stand by. If the location were a little more convenient, we would definitely go more often. The food is excellent, the staff is always knowledgeable and friendly, and the dining room is nice but comfortable. I have been for dinner and lunch, but are great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyjwgjrDined on 9/6/2014small, charming and magnificent food, great prices....allowed to bring your own bottle of wine in (corkage fee applies) we will be back!Special Features:
- Amazing!ErnieDined on 9/6/2014Being a Charleston native this was not my first visit to Lana. In my opinion, one of the finest, most consistent restaurants in city of great restaurants. Never been disappointed. The food is always amazing. My only regret is not getting here as often as I'd like!Special Features:
- Well kept secretproudmamiDined on 9/6/2014The Charleston Restaurant Week menu gave great options. The waitstaff was pleasant, courteous and attentive, the atmosphere charming and the food simply delicious. Conveniently located at the corner of Rutledge and Cannon, Lana doesn't get the attention it deserves. Grilled shrimp was perfectly prepared as was the tender short ribs, and the panna cotta was simply divine! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great choice for our groupjksreviewsDined on 9/5/2014We were a party of 5, and we went during Restaurant Week. They had wonderful options on the 3 for $30 menu which was a great value. The first course gnocchi was excellent as was the pork tenderloin entree and the panna cotta with dried fig dessert. We had more than one wait person, but the manager was one of them. She was hilarious and delightful! Would probably go back just to see her, but the food was very good also and we enjoyed the lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place failed foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Recommended by friends it's a lovely spot with great vibe and look. Unfortunately I let waitstaff tl me into a ribeye over the fish special. Ordered medium came olmost cold. Sent it back with predictable results. My wife's meal was excellent however so willing to give it another tryI would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceFoodieDined on 8/12/2014My fiance and I had dinner here recently and the food was fabulous as always but the service was truly exceptional. It was a wonderful evening. They have a prix fixe menu with 3 courses for 33 dollars in addition to their regular menu, and it is a great deal. This restaurant has been a local favorite of ours for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulByronVIPDined on 8/7/2014The best restaurant in Charleston. Always perfect in every aspect. Thanks LanaSpecial Features:
- great surpriseDebTDined on 8/2/2014This was our first visit to Lana's and definitely won't be our last because the food was delicious with obvious care in it's preparation. I had pappardelle bolognese which was mouth watering and a delicious house salad and my husband had a ribeye with a ridiculous amount of great French fries. We both loved our meals and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandforksgalJRTerriorDined on 8/1/2014Lana is a hidden Jem. Nice quiet but active ambience. Nice for conversation,staff well versed on menu. Nice set menu. Food was creative and very good,,flavorful, interesting combinations of flavors. Parking across street helpful in busy neighborhood. Would definitely go again and take friends. For a evening of conversation, good wine and food.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceediroseDined on 7/29/2014The food is outstanding, every time I have been. Fresh ingredients and creative combinations make it a favorite.Special Features:
- The following 502 reviews are from the Lana Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- DeliciouscoateddiVIPDined on 7/24/2014we arrived in charleston with no idea of where to go for dinner so turned to open table & selected Lana as closest to our hotel. we were delightfully surprised to find inventive delicious cuisine. The antipasta was fantastic as was everything else. Go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.