Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
90 Manaquayak Road
West Tisbury, MA 02575Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lambertscoveinn.com/
- Phone: 5086932298
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Max Eagan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There is no lovelier setting, indoors or out, than the Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant for a Martha's Vineyard wedding reception, anniversary celebration or other special event. We can host events up to 75 guests indoors or up to 300 in an outdoor tented area. The Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant is also the ideal location for your company, professional group or organizations' meeting, conference or seminar. We have a private conference room seating 15 guests and can provide breakfast and lunch as well as organize outings for your guests. Please call for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Jones 5086932298
A word from Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
The Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant is known as one of the most romantic retreats on Martha's Vineyard. Situated on 7 acres of spacious lawns, gardens, forest and meadowlands in the pastoral town of West Tisbury, it offers tranquility and seclusion. The Restaurant offers one of the best dining experiences on the island. Enjoy the ambiance of our elegant dining room with it's beautiful fireplaces and 100 year old grand piano featuring live entertainment in season. Our dinner menu rotates, featuring fresh island seafood, veal, beef, poultry, in-season vegetables from local gardens and farms, homemade soups, breads and delicious desserts. The Restaurant is not appropriate for children under the age of 8 (with the exception of Mother’s Day and Easter brunches). Note: The restaurant is no longer BYOB!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Martha's Vineyard ›
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (31)special occasion (28)fit for foodies (18)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Special placeLizBDined on 8/17/2014Great atmosphere and attentive wait staff. Entree specials are a bit too pricey, but overall the food is good. Glad they now have a wine selection.Special Features:
- WOW!FoodieDined on 8/13/2014Again, my husband and I had a terrific meal at the Inn. The food was prepared perfectly and the service was great. Thanks.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningAmantediTavolaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Dined with Island friends who had not been to Lambert's Cove Inn in many years and were very favorably impressed by the transformations. The garden alongside the parking lot "advertises" their use of fresh produce. Beautiful classy ambience and decor. Diverse customers. Excellent food that delivered -- none overreaching or pretentious. Short but well chosen wine list with many choices below $50 (lower markups than normal). Well-spaced tables allowed for quiet conversation. Very nice piano medleys (almost 90 minutes non-stop!) added to our pleasure. Attentive and professional service that was never obtrusive or pretentious. We have a new favorite restaurant on the Island.Special Features:
- What A Find!BirthdaygirlVIPDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I had an opportunity to eat at this restaurant on our most recent trip to the Vineyard and we were not disappointed. Great food, great service and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Of Its GamelikegreatfoodDined on 8/9/2014Our last visit was a stunning disappointment. The waiter could not have been more disengaged and disinterested. Our food was a stunning let-down. Our rather pricey appetizers arrived nearly cold. Two of us had their special soup, which tasted good but was barely warm. My appetizer of "prawns," arrived as four small, decidely overcooked and barely warm shrimp with a small helping of polenta...not worth $19. A main course of haddock was overcooked, room temperature, tasteless and dry, with significantly over-salted potatoes. The Statler chicken was also dry and not hot. We would not recommend the restaurant, until they do something about their kitchen and cooks. What a shame for such a lovely place that used to be first-rate.
- perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Lamberts Cove was a perfect venue for a very special night. The food was outstanding, and the service and ambiance were both very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKNickyDined on 8/5/2014We stayed on Martha's vineyard recently at the Memensha Inn for a few days and this was one of their restaurant recommendations. The restaurant is in a rustic Inn and Farm in the woods, so very cozy. The interior was formal and tasteful although some of the tables are in an inferior back room. The food was pricey and not very good by fine dining or even casual dining standards. My husband had the twin lobsters which were overcooked and I had a sirloin which was also overcooked and tough. The sides were bland and uninspiring. There are too many great places to eat on the island to waste a dinner here.
- LianeHRosiegirlDined on 8/2/2014The inn is beautiful and food was very good, specific complaints are:we were ignored for about 15 minutes after we were seated until a waiter asked us if anyone was waiting on us. Our waiter came to take our order and told us about the specials but not the prices of the specials. I should have asked,because 45 dollars for halibut is pricy even for MV. My husband had steak for 48 when there was a $38 steak on the menu.Special Features:
- Not so goodBrooklynEaterDined on 7/31/2014It's rare that I post a bad review, but I just gotta say: Save your money. The food was highly mediocre. The avocado atop my "avocado-topped gazpacho" was brown; the soup itself was bland. My cod was rubbery. My husband's fritters had sauce stripes like they might at a Friday's, and the flavor was along the same lines--they allegedly had lobster, but that was basically impossible to detect. Service was cheerful and pretty good. But the heavy, traditional decor and live piano player made us feel like we were about 80 years old. All the more depressing was that the ingredients themselves seemed fresh--they were just treated terribly. The next night we cleared our palates with a delicious meal at State Road--wish we had gone there instead.
- Lovely placeNHGalDined on 7/25/2014Dinner at Lambert's Cove was scheduled well in advance in anticipation of my annual Vineyard vacation. I had never been before and everything I read indicated it was the best on the island. It was a lovely dinner but perhaps my expectations were too high, as it didn't strike me as the best on the island. The service was great and the food was great; just not very lively and the decor was a bit much. I think I'll stick with dinner in town going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aardvarkDined on 7/25/2014I have been coming here for many years. Consistently good. Stick with the standards (what happened to the duck?) and stay way from the "innovative variations" (e.g. grilled gazpacho).
- Wonderful experienceLuv2eatDined on 7/22/2014Everything about the meal was superb - the food, the service, the ambience and the view of the gorgeous pool area. The halibut special was fantastic. The only dish we had a slight criticism of was the sirloin steak - it was executed very well, but had too much charred flavor for our liking, but that's just personal preference. This was our third visit and you can be sure we will be back. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014We were looking for a "special" restaurant for a dinner out while on vacation and happened upon this gem. Everything about it is special; food, service, location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martha's Vineyard MagicBrownBaggerDined on 7/11/2014This out of the way treasure on the west side of the island is worth a journey. A charming inn fronts a fabulous restaurant with locally sourced fish on special each night. A very attentive wait staff and tranquil view over the pool and the woods beyond complete the scene. All of your NY hedge fund managers will be there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for celebrating special eventchemeeDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant is decorated very nicely and has a romantic atmosphere. Very scenic grounds. It is very "upscale", so I was disappointed when the expensive sirloin steak was offered with french fries and not something more "elegant". The food was prepared well, however. The service was not as responsive as I would expect for an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what's wrong hereonceafanDined on 6/26/2014We eat at the Inn every summer - usually 2 or 3 times. This time the food was over salted and the waiter wished he was somewhere else. So sad.....
- Serene and relaxing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2014The Inn is beautiful: Traditional without being ancient (we didn't stay there this is just observations of the place). The dining room has high ceilings and tasteful decorations. Our table overlooked the pool area (which was unoccupied). We dined on a Tuesday night just before the start of the tourist influx. The service was attentive and the food was terrific! Everything was tasty and well prepared. I tried a new (to me) cut of beef: Teres Major. If you see it - get it. Very good cut (and best served medium rare). We will definitely return. A real gem!Special Features:
- One of the best places on MVrubekingDined on 6/22/2014You drive through the woods to get there. The dining room is beautiful. The service is excellent. The menu changes often and the choices are superb. One of my favorite restaurants anywhere. The inn itself has lovely grounds and the dining room faces the swimming pool and more woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten path...JonPVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was great and very friendly staff. The only snag was how far out of the way the Inn was from where we were staying in Oak Bluffs. Public transportation was a little confusing and still about a mile walk from the closest bus stop. Either way once the taxi (who had trouble finding the place as well) got us there it was a very pleasant and enjoyable evening. The Inn is spectacular and secluded while providing a delicious dining experience. The staff and our server in particular were friendly and knowledgeable as well. Again, my only issue was just not necessarily being prepared for the trek there but that is on me and no fault to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Worst meal on the IslandTinaKDined on 6/17/2014We've never been so disappointed in a restaurant. Lambert's Cove Inn shows excellent reviews, but I can honestly say that that meal and the service were the worst we've ever experienced. The food was tasteless, overcooked and cold. Two of us had broiled sole and it was served over a bed of tasteless rice and covered in unseasoned bread crumbs. It was totally inedible. Another had salmon that was way overcooked and difficult to cut into with just a fork. The salads were decent and the desserts were OK, but all in all.....a bad experience and we will not go back. Sorry.
- Excellent all around.DiddyDined on 6/15/2014Lovely restaurant in idyllic setting. Charming, gracious owners, attentive and professional waitstaff, tastefully decorated rooms, and yummy food. Inn has its own garden and its own chickens so this isn't farm to table, its Inn to table. We felt civilized and cared for and the food met our high standards. It's hard to please me when it comes to eggs benedict but their's are excellent. Dinners are a treat too. This is a genteel restaurant that provides opportunity for conversation without having to shout to be heard. What a relief. The whole effort gives you a civilized and wonderful experience which makes us happy to highly recommend Lambert's Cove Inn for dining or brunch.Special Features:
- The following 188 reviews are from the Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant reviews archive.
- Lambert's Cove is lovely inMVClammerVIPDined on 10/18/2013Lambert's Cove is lovely in every way. The dining room is beautiful, the staff are attentive and accommodating and the food generally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place but dreadfulCharlieDined on 10/11/2013Beautiful place but dreadful food. Hard to make gnocchi inedible but the chef succeeded!
- Secluded inn with great foodLarryDined on 10/4/2013This restaurant is part of an old inn down a long country lane. The inn is beautifully restored and set up for romantic getaways. The food is wonderfully prepared and presented with a short but good wine list. We loved the soup and the plum and prosciutto salad, the diver scallops and the surf and turf steak and lobster. This out of the way place is worth finding and dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ambience, average mealAnnidinnerDined on 9/28/2013The Inn came highly recommended. We've been visiting the Vineyard for decades, but this was our first visit to the Inn. The food was good but pretty ordinary. The service was mostly adequate but unfortunately inattentive--we had alot of trouble getting any drinks after the drinks we were served before dinner. No extra effort was exercised by the servers which, given the extent of the mandatory gratuity, was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and unimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2013All of the restaurants on Martha's Vineyard are on the expensive side...I get it. But at Lambert's Cove Inn Resto, you're paying for the service and ambiance. The food is fine but definitely not worth the prices. Caesar salad dressing had a good taste but was way over-dressed, as in soggy. My husband's mussels and clams were quite good but his surf and turf was unimpressive. Both entrees (mine being codfish) were served with mashed potatoes which tasted like they might have been out of a box. Best thing about the bread pudding was the vanilla gelato on top.Special Features:
- Beautiful old Inn has so muchMvdreamDined on 9/13/2013Beautiful old Inn has so much charm. The food had great Culinary style. Will definitely be visiting againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best on MVJenniferVIPDined on 9/1/2013There are so many amazing places on MV to try but Lambert's Cove is one of my absolute favorites! The food is supuberb, I've been a number of times and have never had a dish (appetizer, entree, or dessert) that wasn't outstanding. Decor is lovely, staff is gracious, cannot say enough good things about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place on IslandLaurieDined on 8/20/2013Lambert's Cove has now added outdoor dining in their pool area. The ambience they created was so peaceful and romantic. The owners continue to surprise me with their presentation. One of my favorite places to visit on the Island. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect NightJay1016Dined on 8/20/2013Brought my fiancé here before asking her the night I proposed. This was honestly one of the best meals either of us have had. Food was amazing and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- One Dish vs. One DishHavanaVIPDined on 8/18/2013My husband had the Cod and it was delicious!! I ordered the surf and turf and got a tiny piece of a tail and a lobster claw that I couldn't open at the table. I asked to have the chef crack it open in the kitchen, which he did. However, when it was brought back to the table both my way too tiny piece of lobster tail and the claw were drenched in the steak sauce. I should have sent the entire dinner back...my fault that I didn't.Special Features:
- New outdoor dining is greatpsucheerVIPDined on 8/17/2013The food was outstanding (had the filet medallions). The wine list has greatly improved since last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013We had the mussels and beet salad to start...just fantastic! For dinner my wife got the pesto scallops and I had the duck. Both meals were amazing!!Special Features:
- What happened to Lambert's Cove?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2013We recently returned to Martha's Vineyard after a 10 year absence and were looking forward to dinner at the charming Lambert's Cove Inn. I'm not sure when Lambert's Cove decided to renovate, but they removed all the charm! They added a huge indoor porch area that was dark and depressing and without any of the antique feeling of the original restaurant. It seemed to be more like something you'd find at a Marriott. There is outside dining by the pool which I'm sure is nice (it was too chilly for us to eat there) and another more antique room that's a little closer to the original but they lost something that was truly special. The food was very good but I don't think we'll be back. Too depressing. Too expensive.Special Features:
- Our favorite on Martha's VineyardOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/11/2013After a warm greeting, we were led to an elegant dining room, offered a varied menu, and served well prepared and presented food -- a fine place to dine and have conversation. What more can one ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was tremendous,markDined on 8/9/2013The restaurant was tremendous, food was great and service outstanding. A very friendly place that simply wanted to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat!VineyardGirlDined on 8/9/2013there are 3 couples that go out for one "fancy" meal during the summer - The Lambert's Cove Inn was our choice this year. It was delightful - the food was just delicious! We enjoyed the mussels, the scallops, flat iron steak, salmon, tornedos of beef and just loved our dessert of bread budding and a chocolate hazelnut crunch dessert. We would all highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/6/2013Lambert's Cove Inn was the perfect spot to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We were seated outside on the beautiful poolside patio surrounded by the lush gardens. As they knew we were celebrating an anniversary the waiter arrived with glasses of champagne, on the house. Our meals were delicious and the service was wonderful. The Lambert's Cove Inn was truly the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary and we can't wait to return. I would highly recommend this spot to anyone looking for a truly special place to celebrate a special event or just to have a wonderful evening in a beautiful Inn on Martha's Vineyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013Again, we had a fabulous time. The special 4 meat chili appetizer was spectacular as we're the crab cakes and wrapped prawns. The Tornedos of beef were melt in your mouth. A great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningkarebearDined on 8/2/2013Enjoyed this great hideaway restaurant. Definitely off the beaten path but worth the travel. Menu changes regularly but the choices were delicious. The menu accommodated my gluten free dietary needs very well. A nice romantic way to celebrate my husband's birthday. Amazing dessert menu, too! Loved the decor and ambiance. As we sat waiting for our taxi, we enjoyed sitting outside on the bench admiring the well-maintained surroundings. We even bought His & Her Spa Bath Robes to take home with us.Special Features: