Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
90 Manaquayak Road
West Tisbury, MA 02575Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://lambertscoveinn.com/
- Phone: 5086932298
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly from 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Max Eagan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There is no lovelier setting, indoors or out, than the Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant for a Martha's Vineyard wedding reception, anniversary celebration or other special event. We can host events up to 75 guests indoors or up to 300 in an outdoor tented area. The Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant is also the ideal location for your company, professional group or organizations' meeting, conference or seminar. We have a private conference room seating 15 guests and can provide breakfast and lunch as well as organize outings for your guests. Please call for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Jones 5086932298
A word from Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant
The Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant is known as one of the most romantic retreats on Martha's Vineyard. Situated on 7 acres of spacious lawns, gardens, forest and meadowlands in the pastoral town of West Tisbury, it offers tranquility and seclusion. The Restaurant offers one of the best dining experiences on the island. Enjoy the ambiance of our elegant dining room with it's beautiful fireplaces and 100 year old grand piano featuring live entertainment in season. Our dinner menu rotates, featuring fresh island seafood, veal, beef, poultry, in-season vegetables from local gardens and farms, homemade soups, breads and delicious desserts. The Restaurant is not appropriate for children under the age of 8 (with the exception of Mother’s Day and Easter brunches). Note: The restaurant is no longer BYOB!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Martha's Vineyard ›
Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (35)special occasion (32)fit for foodies (24)scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- What a Find!capedinerDined on 9/27/2014Lambert's Cove Inn was a treat. Our first time but we will certainly return. We celebrated our anniversary there and it was perfect. The menu is brief but the specials were perfect additions. Our Entree specials were excellent and our server was very attentive but not overwhelming. His wine recommendation was spot on.Special Features:
- A romantic Inn and dining roomrubekingDined on 9/27/2014Driving from Lambert's Cove Road to the Lambert's Cove Inn will make you think that you are in an enchanted forest or at least on your way to the summer camp you want to as a kid. The dining room is beautiful and in our experience there is often live music on Saturday evening. The food is outstanding, however, the menu is short. Keep in mind that the inn is in Tisbury (Vineyard Haven) and only beer and wine is available.Special Features:
- Amazing.TheCastlesDined on 9/26/2014We made a reservation for Lambert's Cove for our last dinner on the island. It was truly fantastic. The ambiance is incredible, with a live piano player providing background music. The food was amazing as well. We will definitely be back next time we are on the Vineyard.Special Features:
- Great!JohnLDined on 9/21/2014We stayed at the Inn and had reservations at the restaurant on our last night there. Our only regret is that we didn't dine at the restaurant more often. The food and service were a delight. The stay at the Inn was all we had hoped it would be. There are many good choices on Martha's Vineyard and Lamberts Cove has to be one of the very best. Secluded but very convenient.Special Features:
- Last Night on Martha's VineyardSteveVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had a great experience at Lambert's Cove-it was a wonderful way to enjoy our last evening on Martha's Vineyard! We were seated promptly and the service was excellent. Our group of four sampled the butter squash soup , chicken, salmon and haddock to name a few, no one was disappointed. The talented piano player was a welcome addition. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysMimHopsDined on 9/13/2014This is our second time dining at Lambert's as it is staying with them at the inn. We wouldn't stay anywhere else on the island and we always make it a point to eat in their restaurant one of the evenings that we're here. The atmosphere is lovely and the food is superb!!!! The wait staff is very attentive and professional. Keep up the great work Scott and Kell. Until next time... our best. Melissa Hopkins/Larry Simpson Lakeville, MASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPookywifeDined on 9/12/2014We've dined at Lambert's Cove many times over the years. Our most recent visit was disappointing. The food and the service were fair, at best.
- dleicious and romanticjosiahVIPDined on 9/2/2014We return to the wonderful restaurant year after year because the food is so delicious. And somehow each year the Inn itself becomes more lush and beautiful. This year we were greeted by a bumper crop of ripening tomatoes and the scent of fresh herbs filling the air. New residents include two adorable goats who will soon be supplying milk for fresh cheese and a flock of multi-colored hens providing fresh eggs (they won a blue ribbon!). Now that they have a lovely winelist this has firmed itself as one of our favorite restaurants in New England. (P.S. the halibut was out-of-this-world!) We'll be back.Special Features:
- End of the summer diningMVdiningDined on 8/30/2014Went out for our last dining experience of the summer on MV. Piano player gave us great soft music the whole time from the corner of the room. Easy conversation for the four of us. Scallop appetizer and fresh Tomato basil mozzarella salad were delicious. We had the halibut special, sirloin and filet for entrees which were great. Had two bottles of cabernet from their list which was reasonable. Finished with chocolate cake and creme brulee which capped off the night.Special Features:
- Pretty place, incompetent chefStueyVIPDined on 8/29/2014The Lambert Cove Restaurant is not worth the price. The food is substandard for a restaurant at this price point. The wine list is poorly selected, although there is one good Chablis on the white wine list. My salmon was dried out and not particularly fresh, and the chicken we ordered was overcooked. The sauces were quite good, but could not hide the underlying problems with the meat and fish. The restaurant is quite pretty, and the ambience is outstanding. The staff is very accommodating and friendly, but not at the level you might expect at a metropolitan restaurant at the same price level. If you are looking for a pretty dining room, and don't care about the food, then the Lambert's Cove Restaurant is for you.
- NoraDined on 8/21/2014I was very disappointed with our meal. We've been to this restaurant several times over the years and always had lovely experiences. This time much less so. The setting is still beautiful and the dining rooms are fun to look at but the food was not at all great; the lobster corm fritters were very deep fried looking & tasting and contained only tiny pink dots which I assume were lobster and the special steak was so fatty I ate only a few bites. Maybe even more distressing, our waitress couldn't answer the questions we had about the menu - including a pretty basic inquiry as to what an item was. She then had to reminded that she'd promised to go find the answer.
- MV BestLynnsreviewVIPDined on 8/20/2014We just returned from 5 nights on Martha's Vineyard. We ate out each night but felt our night at the Lambert's Cove Inn was one of the best meals we had. The ambience is beautiful, the service is very friendly and the food was fantastic. A lot of what they serve is grown right at the inn and whatever else is as local as can be. Truly a special evening.Special Features:
- Special placeLizBDined on 8/17/2014Great atmosphere and attentive wait staff. Entree specials are a bit too pricey, but overall the food is good. Glad they now have a wine selection.Special Features:
- WOW!FoodieDined on 8/13/2014Again, my husband and I had a terrific meal at the Inn. The food was prepared perfectly and the service was great. Thanks.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningAmantediTavolaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Dined with Island friends who had not been to Lambert's Cove Inn in many years and were very favorably impressed by the transformations. The garden alongside the parking lot "advertises" their use of fresh produce. Beautiful classy ambience and decor. Diverse customers. Excellent food that delivered -- none overreaching or pretentious. Short but well chosen wine list with many choices below $50 (lower markups than normal). Well-spaced tables allowed for quiet conversation. Very nice piano medleys (almost 90 minutes non-stop!) added to our pleasure. Attentive and professional service that was never obtrusive or pretentious. We have a new favorite restaurant on the Island.Special Features:
- What A Find!BirthdaygirlVIPDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I had an opportunity to eat at this restaurant on our most recent trip to the Vineyard and we were not disappointed. Great food, great service and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Of Its GamelikegreatfoodDined on 8/9/2014Our last visit was a stunning disappointment. The waiter could not have been more disengaged and disinterested. Our food was a stunning let-down. Our rather pricey appetizers arrived nearly cold. Two of us had their special soup, which tasted good but was barely warm. My appetizer of "prawns," arrived as four small, decidely overcooked and barely warm shrimp with a small helping of polenta...not worth $19. A main course of haddock was overcooked, room temperature, tasteless and dry, with significantly over-salted potatoes. The Statler chicken was also dry and not hot. We would not recommend the restaurant, until they do something about their kitchen and cooks. What a shame for such a lovely place that used to be first-rate.
- perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Lamberts Cove was a perfect venue for a very special night. The food was outstanding, and the service and ambiance were both very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKNickyDined on 8/5/2014We stayed on Martha's vineyard recently at the Memensha Inn for a few days and this was one of their restaurant recommendations. The restaurant is in a rustic Inn and Farm in the woods, so very cozy. The interior was formal and tasteful although some of the tables are in an inferior back room. The food was pricey and not very good by fine dining or even casual dining standards. My husband had the twin lobsters which were overcooked and I had a sirloin which was also overcooked and tough. The sides were bland and uninspiring. There are too many great places to eat on the island to waste a dinner here.
- LianeHRosiegirlDined on 8/2/2014The inn is beautiful and food was very good, specific complaints are:we were ignored for about 15 minutes after we were seated until a waiter asked us if anyone was waiting on us. Our waiter came to take our order and told us about the specials but not the prices of the specials. I should have asked,because 45 dollars for halibut is pricy even for MV. My husband had steak for 48 when there was a $38 steak on the menu.Special Features:
- Not so goodBrooklynEaterDined on 7/31/2014It's rare that I post a bad review, but I just gotta say: Save your money. The food was highly mediocre. The avocado atop my "avocado-topped gazpacho" was brown; the soup itself was bland. My cod was rubbery. My husband's fritters had sauce stripes like they might at a Friday's, and the flavor was along the same lines--they allegedly had lobster, but that was basically impossible to detect. Service was cheerful and pretty good. But the heavy, traditional decor and live piano player made us feel like we were about 80 years old. All the more depressing was that the ingredients themselves seemed fresh--they were just treated terribly. The next night we cleared our palates with a delicious meal at State Road--wish we had gone there instead.
- Lovely placeNHGalDined on 7/25/2014Dinner at Lambert's Cove was scheduled well in advance in anticipation of my annual Vineyard vacation. I had never been before and everything I read indicated it was the best on the island. It was a lovely dinner but perhaps my expectations were too high, as it didn't strike me as the best on the island. The service was great and the food was great; just not very lively and the decor was a bit much. I think I'll stick with dinner in town going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aardvarkDined on 7/25/2014I have been coming here for many years. Consistently good. Stick with the standards (what happened to the duck?) and stay way from the "innovative variations" (e.g. grilled gazpacho).
- Wonderful experienceLuv2eatDined on 7/22/2014Everything about the meal was superb - the food, the service, the ambience and the view of the gorgeous pool area. The halibut special was fantastic. The only dish we had a slight criticism of was the sirloin steak - it was executed very well, but had too much charred flavor for our liking, but that's just personal preference. This was our third visit and you can be sure we will be back. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014We were looking for a "special" restaurant for a dinner out while on vacation and happened upon this gem. Everything about it is special; food, service, location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martha's Vineyard MagicBrownBaggerDined on 7/11/2014This out of the way treasure on the west side of the island is worth a journey. A charming inn fronts a fabulous restaurant with locally sourced fish on special each night. A very attentive wait staff and tranquil view over the pool and the woods beyond complete the scene. All of your NY hedge fund managers will be there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for celebrating special eventchemeeDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant is decorated very nicely and has a romantic atmosphere. Very scenic grounds. It is very "upscale", so I was disappointed when the expensive sirloin steak was offered with french fries and not something more "elegant". The food was prepared well, however. The service was not as responsive as I would expect for an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what's wrong hereonceafanDined on 6/26/2014We eat at the Inn every summer - usually 2 or 3 times. This time the food was over salted and the waiter wished he was somewhere else. So sad.....
- The following 193 reviews are from the Lambert's Cove Inn & Restaurant reviews archive.
- Serene and relaxing!SuzyQDined on 6/24/2014The Inn is beautiful: Traditional without being ancient (we didn't stay there this is just observations of the place). The dining room has high ceilings and tasteful decorations. Our table overlooked the pool area (which was unoccupied). We dined on a Tuesday night just before the start of the tourist influx. The service was attentive and the food was terrific! Everything was tasty and well prepared. I tried a new (to me) cut of beef: Teres Major. If you see it - get it. Very good cut (and best served medium rare). We will definitely return. A real gem!Special Features:
- One of the best places on MVrubekingDined on 6/22/2014You drive through the woods to get there. The dining room is beautiful. The service is excellent. The menu changes often and the choices are superb. One of my favorite restaurants anywhere. The inn itself has lovely grounds and the dining room faces the swimming pool and more woods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten path...JonPVIPDined on 6/20/2014The food was great and very friendly staff. The only snag was how far out of the way the Inn was from where we were staying in Oak Bluffs. Public transportation was a little confusing and still about a mile walk from the closest bus stop. Either way once the taxi (who had trouble finding the place as well) got us there it was a very pleasant and enjoyable evening. The Inn is spectacular and secluded while providing a delicious dining experience. The staff and our server in particular were friendly and knowledgeable as well. Again, my only issue was just not necessarily being prepared for the trek there but that is on me and no fault to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Worst meal on the IslandTinaKDined on 6/17/2014We've never been so disappointed in a restaurant. Lambert's Cove Inn shows excellent reviews, but I can honestly say that that meal and the service were the worst we've ever experienced. The food was tasteless, overcooked and cold. Two of us had broiled sole and it was served over a bed of tasteless rice and covered in unseasoned bread crumbs. It was totally inedible. Another had salmon that was way overcooked and difficult to cut into with just a fork. The salads were decent and the desserts were OK, but all in all.....a bad experience and we will not go back. Sorry.
- Excellent all around.DiddyDined on 6/15/2014Lovely restaurant in idyllic setting. Charming, gracious owners, attentive and professional waitstaff, tastefully decorated rooms, and yummy food. Inn has its own garden and its own chickens so this isn't farm to table, its Inn to table. We felt civilized and cared for and the food met our high standards. It's hard to please me when it comes to eggs benedict but their's are excellent. Dinners are a treat too. This is a genteel restaurant that provides opportunity for conversation without having to shout to be heard. What a relief. The whole effort gives you a civilized and wonderful experience which makes us happy to highly recommend Lambert's Cove Inn for dining or brunch.Special Features:
- Lambert's Cove is lovely inMVClammerVIPDined on 10/18/2013Lambert's Cove is lovely in every way. The dining room is beautiful, the staff are attentive and accommodating and the food generally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place but dreadfulCharlieDined on 10/11/2013Beautiful place but dreadful food. Hard to make gnocchi inedible but the chef succeeded!
- Secluded inn with great foodLarryDined on 10/4/2013This restaurant is part of an old inn down a long country lane. The inn is beautifully restored and set up for romantic getaways. The food is wonderfully prepared and presented with a short but good wine list. We loved the soup and the plum and prosciutto salad, the diver scallops and the surf and turf steak and lobster. This out of the way place is worth finding and dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ambience, average mealAnnidinnerDined on 9/28/2013The Inn came highly recommended. We've been visiting the Vineyard for decades, but this was our first visit to the Inn. The food was good but pretty ordinary. The service was mostly adequate but unfortunately inattentive--we had alot of trouble getting any drinks after the drinks we were served before dinner. No extra effort was exercised by the servers which, given the extent of the mandatory gratuity, was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and unimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2013All of the restaurants on Martha's Vineyard are on the expensive side...I get it. But at Lambert's Cove Inn Resto, you're paying for the service and ambiance. The food is fine but definitely not worth the prices. Caesar salad dressing had a good taste but was way over-dressed, as in soggy. My husband's mussels and clams were quite good but his surf and turf was unimpressive. Both entrees (mine being codfish) were served with mashed potatoes which tasted like they might have been out of a box. Best thing about the bread pudding was the vanilla gelato on top.Special Features:
- Beautiful old Inn has so muchMvdreamDined on 9/13/2013Beautiful old Inn has so much charm. The food had great Culinary style. Will definitely be visiting againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best on MVJenniferVIPDined on 9/1/2013There are so many amazing places on MV to try but Lambert's Cove is one of my absolute favorites! The food is supuberb, I've been a number of times and have never had a dish (appetizer, entree, or dessert) that wasn't outstanding. Decor is lovely, staff is gracious, cannot say enough good things about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.