Lallisse Mediterranean Wine & Food
161 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lallisse Mediterranean Wine & Food
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lallisse.com/
- Phone: 2126861352
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: Lunch: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm / Dinner: 4:00 pm - 11 pm
Friday: Lunch: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm / Dinner 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
Saturday: Brunch 9 am - 4 pm / Dinner 4:00pm - 1:00 am
Sunday: Brunch 9 am-4 pm / Dinner 4 pm-11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Raymond Lyons
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Lallisse accepts large group reservations for private parties, wine tasting parties, baby showers, birthday parties, company dinners and other special events. Pricing and availability may vary. Please contact us at 212 686 1352 or e-mail us at email@example.com for more information.
A word from Lallisse Mediterranean Wine & Food
Lallisse is one of the select wine bars in NYC, a haven for real wines, naturally made without cosmetics or chemistry, sprung from the vineyards and ancient cultures of the Mediterranean. It's a place to enjoy simple, soulful and sustainable Mediterranean food and talk for hours over organic, biodynamic and sustainable wines. Lallisse offers 100 types of wines - approximately 40 by the glass options. Lallisse's unique selection features wines from France, Italy, Spain and the Fertile Crescent - Eastern and Western Anatolia (Turkey), Greece, Israel and Lebanon. After spending extensive hours of wine tasting and going through hundreds and hundreds of bottles we created a list consisting of artisan wines produced by old and historic estates of the Mediterranean run by small organic producers. It's simply the stuff the locals drink! In the spirit of friendship and love for the life, food and wines of the Mediterranean, we happily invite you to do the same.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lallisse Mediterranean Wine & Food reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lallisse is a gem!GreenwichPatDined on 9/2/2014There is a varied menu of Mediterranean food. It is fresh with vibrant flavors. There are many organic wines and a good selection of still and sparkling as well as beer. The freshly brewed ice tea is great. Lallise is a must visit - again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gem!JK24VIPDined on 8/1/2014I love Lallisse! So much so that I book many of my lunch outings there. Great lunch deals ($9.99) and very reasonable prices on the remainder of the menu. Great sangria, wine choices and the food is sustainable or organic. Lexington can be loud and distracting, but Lallisse is calming and a welcomed retreat from the city bustle. I highly recommend the hummus, the kale salad and the steak sandwich. YUM!Special Features:
- A sweet findNoniVIPDined on 7/21/2014Someone recommended the place, glad he did. Very comfortable place with yummy wine with some tasty bites.Special Features:
- AvoidlovegoodfoodDined on 7/10/2014The restaurant was empty when we arrived and we initially wanted to get up and leave. We should have listened to our inner voices! We ordered a sardine appetizer, which we expected would be grilled fresh sardines, but instead they placed three small and broken tinned sardines in front of us. Not what I would have expected from a Mediterranean restaurant in NYC. The only good dish was a lamb sausage dish. I really can't remember what else we had. It was that bad.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Lallisse Mediterranean Wine & Food reviews archive.
- What a surprise!JimVVIPDined on 2/23/2014Wow we stumbled upon this place and loved it. Ecclectic food menu we really enjoyed. Plus Sunday's are 20% off bottles of wine! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Lallisse is a gemBronwenellyDined on 1/31/2014Lallisse is a great, affordable, pleasant experience and the food is incredible. It's a perfect place to recommend because it would be hard to feel disappointed here. We went with a group of six and we had a lovely table by the bar. Our server was friendly and the mushroom ravioli and re avocado crostini were fresh and delicious. It wasn't too crowded for a Saturday night, which was surprising and wonderful. I'm not sure if they have a full bar here, but the wine did the trick to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice little breakEvelinaVIPDined on 12/12/2013Always end up past happy hour. It's a great ambiance...decent wine list...
- Worth it.RonniTVIPDined on 12/10/2013The restaurant did a great job with what they offered, but menu is limited. Very cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean tapas, yes please!LaurenKDined on 12/5/2013Food was pretty delicious. I'm pretty sure the wine menu was bigger than the actual menu but I am not complaining here. The sangria was great! I met up with a n old friend there, and it was a nice intimate atmosphere where we could actually catch up and not be overwhelmed by loud music or too many people. We had the stuffed goat cheese peppadews, spicy hummus plate, arugula salad, and some Moroccan lamb dish. I would absolutely go back. Price is very reasonable. Service is just okay.Special Features:
- Nice little surprise in murray hillEvelinaVIPDined on 9/5/2013Who knew...and right next to a Ramada Inn...nice staff, decent wine..a great happy hour! .i am in love with this quaint little spotSpecial Features:
- if it isn't busy go otherwise passSuprinaVIPDined on 8/24/2013Food the first 4 times I dined here was wonderful. Healthy, fresh and very good. Unfortunately we booked on the same evening as a Wedding event and it just over whelmed the kitchen and staff.
- Healthy AWESOMENESS! YUMMY!!SuprinaVIPDined on 8/2/2013I am a nutritionist who is also a trained chef; heralding that this is wonderful gem of a find. The ingredients and the deference they are offered at this restaurant is worthy of high praise. We feasted on an array of dishes what were healthy but more importantly tasty!!!! So delicious I have already booked dinner here again for tomorrow night! Wonderful food and truly spectacular service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The salads were good, a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2013The salads were good, a little unexciting, but the tuna tartare and the hummus and other spreads for the pita were fantastic. We got a bunch of things to share and were very happy with the meal. Also a nice wine selection, it got a bit expensive by the glass though so I will definitely get a bottle next time. The only thing was that there was only one person doing the bar and working as a waiter, plus one person bussing tables, which wasn't enough even on a weeknight. Also when I got there I realized I had been there for brunch before, the place across the street was super busy so we went there instead and my recollection is that it was good and not too expensive.
- really sorry i went there...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/21/2013it's overpriced, terrible food and service...i dont think that i'll ever go back...
- Nothing special. Small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2013Nothing special. Small portions and rude wait staff. I was unimpressed with the service.
- I was pleasantly surprised.stingrayVIPDined on 1/11/2013I was pleasantly surprised. We aren't used to going to Organic restaurants, but the wine selection was great and we were able to taste them before we ordered a bottle. The food was very good. It is more of a light supper rather than a dinner. If you are hungry, you can try a lot of different dishes. A great night for 8 of us. I'll be going back again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it so much that weOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/9/2013Enjoyed it so much that we went back the next night for a cheese plate.Special Features:
- Good food, great wine!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012My husband and I went to Lallisse for a quick dinner to go somewhere else to afterwards and here we are after dinner ordering another bottle of wine. My raw kale salad with smoked salmon was abssolutely delicious and so was my husband's beet salad. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable to pair the perfect organic wine with our entrees. Very healthy Mediterranean menu and a mostly organic wine list. As far as the music and ambiance goes, it is a perfect place to go if you want to have a conversation in a warm Mediterranean setting. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- I always enjoy dinner at Lalisse!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/27/2012I always enjoy dinner at Lalisse! The service is VERY good, with the staff being attentive at the right times. The menu offers healthier options, while also tasting quite good.Special Features:
- Worst ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/16/2012This place was the worst! Bad service, diner type food. Why would you recommend this and give it 4stars. I took a client there on your recommendation and was embarrassed!!!
- The entrees were extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012The entrees were extremely small for their price. I would recommend drinks but not food.Special Features:
- Lallisse is the perfect placeTamTamDined on 3/21/2012Lallisse is the perfect place for meeting a friend for a quick drink and bite. Very cool ambiance.Special Features:
- Stopped by this spot as itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2012Stopped by this spot as it was within walking distance from my hotel. It was just okay, definitely a place to stop by for tapas and drinks. My order was made to order, which took some time, but was worth it. The wine selection was lovely. Seems to be the spot during brunch, it was so empty when I went on a Friday. Nonetheless, very low-key spot and decent.Special Features:
- It was very quiet when weOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/14/2012It was very quiet when we arrived even though it was a saturday night. It was a nice atmosphere, the food was quite good, especially the cheeses and meat. It did feel on the expensive side. There was 5 of us and including 2 bottles of wine and 5 tapas to share, it came to 45$ each.Special Features:
- The wine list is extensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/6/2011The wine list is extensive and the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. Additionally, the ambiance is perfect for a date - not too quiet, but I have not seen it crowded or boisterous either. The food is just alright, but that is not too unexpected for a wine bar.Special Features:
- Portions were TINY and yetNat324Dined on 9/17/2011Portions were TINY and yet expensive. Not a dinner place but more just appetizers. I won't return. Service was abismal.
- I have to say I was very disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2011I have to say I was very disappointed with my experience here. As it's just a few blocks from my place, was hoping for a new go-to spot. Guess I'll have to keep looking. Their menu is a bit limited - mostly just small plates (this is a pain if you're with a bigger group). Service was ok, despite being pretty empty and having the largest table (in the tiny restaurant of mostly two-tops), we had to constantly look for and flag our server. No help with portion sizes or suggestions on dishes for our group. No wine suggestions. The live music was RIDICULOUSLY loud. How does it make sense to have a guy banging away on a drumset in a 200 sq foot place?? Was so loud we had to give up our table and go somewhere else.
- Had a lovely experience here.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2011Had a lovely experience here. Was ever so slightly over-priced, as the entree portions were quite small. The wine was fantastic.Special Features:
- Cute little spot for the area,BrandieDined on 2/24/2011Cute little spot for the area, and very cozy inside. Wines are good, but not exceptional, food is also good but not amazing ... Our server was quite inattentive, particularly since we were one of 3 tables he had. He spent a lot of time talking to patrons at the bar and didn't have much time for us. I'd prob go back for a quick glass, but not a meal.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was cozy, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/18/2011The atmosphere was cozy, and the menu was enjoyable. There choice of dips and spreads was amazing! I went there for Friday dinner, but I'd like to try Brunch.Special Features:
- extremely limited food menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/24/2010extremely limited food menu. but the food was well prepared and tasty altho nothing special. christmas eve and we were the only diners. what i dont understand is why a "wine bar" serves a glass of red wine at the ambient room temperature (75 or so degrees) so that one must dilute it with ice to get it to a decent temperature.
- The night we went they hadthruthseekerDined on 12/2/2010The night we went they had some excellent live 'world' music - quiet enough not to intrude on our conversation, but lively enough to add a great vibe to the atmosphere. Had a great night with my friend eating, drinking and talking.... plan to come again with more friends or for romantic drinks with my boyfriend. Excellent addition to the neighborhood.Special Features: