L'Allegria New York City
623 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
L'Allegria New York City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lallegriarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122656777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: DAILY 3:00pm - 12:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Patreccio Rizzo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Special Events: ENJOY OUR HAPPY HOUR FROM 2.00 PM TO 4.30 PM AND FROM 8.30 TO CLOSING HOUSE WINES.
- Cross Street: 44th Street
- Public Transit: A, C , E , N, W, R, Q, 1, 9, 7, trains to 42nd Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: STREET PARKING AND 4 PARKING LOTS , 45 BETWEEN 9TH AND 10TH AVE PLEASE MENTION LALLEGRIA RESTAURANT FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNT.....44TH BETWEEN 9TH AND 8TH AVE
A word from L'Allegria New York City
L'ALLEGRIA RESTAURANT IS RUSTIC AND HOMEY ITALIAN RESTAURANT ON THE CORNER OF 44TH STREET AND 9TH AVE IN THE HEART OF THE TIME SQUARE AND THE THEATRE DISTRICT. WE HAVE BEEN STANDARD ON 9TH AVE FOR OVER 17 YEARS OFFERING DELICIOUS HOME MADE PASTAS, MEAT, CHICKEN,FISH AND FINALLY HOME MADE BRICK OVEN FUCCACIA AND DESSERT. THIS IS THE PERFECT SPOT TO DINE BEFORE OR EVEN AFTER THE THEATER. FROM THE ALA CART MENU WE OFFER $10.00 CASH VALUE DISCOUNT IF YOUR CHECK ON FOOD AND DRINKS TOTAL $60.00 AND WE OFFER $20.00 CASH VALUE IF YOUR CHECK IS $100.00 OR MORE AVAILABLE SUNDAY TO THURSDAY AND FROM 8 PM TO CLOSING FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. WE ALSO PROMISE A VERY GOOD QUALITY DINNER. SEE YOU AND ENJOY YOUR TIME :)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Allegria New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lovely setting, food fairNYCDinerDined on 9/27/2013The setting is a bistro type with outdoor and indoor seating. Quite pleasant to sit outside or inside w a window seat. The service was excellent. Ample wait staff and very attentive. Food was fair. Good quality, fresh but somewhat flat in taste. Not a memorable dining experience.
- Came in from Philly to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2013Came in from Philly to have dinner before going to see a Broadway musical. At first I was skeptical because the restaurant was not crowded like the neighboring establishments. Boy I was in for a surprise. The food was fresh and seasoned just right and the staff was great! Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good pre-Broadway dinnerMactor17VIPDined on 8/21/2013The food was very good. Very good sauce. Service was fast so it is good for Pre-Broadway shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceXnyguy75Dined on 6/15/2013The food was good very nice service and reasonable priced. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food when I goDavidVIPDined on 6/14/2013I like to go to L'Allegria New York City from time to time and every time I go the food is always good.Special Features:
- poor choiceGaryVIPDined on 6/6/2013My wife and I went at 10:30 after a play. We were the only people in the restaurant. Service was good food was ok but not anything special. Inexpensive.Special Features:
- over cooked meals that tookcaylaocVIPDined on 6/4/2013over cooked meals that took forever to come to the tableSpecial Features:
- would not go againmisterbickleDined on 5/11/2013i took my mom here for an early mother's day celebration this past saturday. along with a cousin who is away from her kids and my niece who lost her mother 8 yrs ago. i wanted it a tad special. this place was not i had in mind. the waitress was not very helpful and didn't follow up with us. the entrees took more than 30 mins which is completely unacceptable. the restaurant looked better in the pictures. overall a bad experience. i do not recommend. i would never go back.
- One of my go to restaurantsblondemamaVIPDined on 5/8/2013One of my go to restaurants when taking in a matinee. Ample portions and nice prix-fixe choices.Special Features:
- The food was really outstanding,sstewarrt3VIPDined on 4/28/2013The food was really outstanding, even in a city full of good Italian restaurants. The cheese cake is the best I have ever tasted.Special Features:
- We chose this restaurant becuauseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We chose this restaurant becuause it was in theatre district and it had decent reviews. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. I was expecting authentic italian food. Not really. It was just okay.
- Great Italian restaurantBarbaraVIPDined on 4/13/2013Great dinner. Friendly service. The owner is very personable and cares that his customers are enjoying their meal.Special Features:
- A FIND FOR THEATREGOERSOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2013We were looking for a very good and affordable spot in the theatre district. This was a real find. Very good fresh food at affordable prices. We do theatre a lot so this place will be on our short list.Special Features:
- Good spot for pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Good spot for pre-theater in that neighborhood. Pleasant staff.
- I loved the pork shank ossoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/9/2013I loved the pork shank osso bucco style, accompanied by risotto with dried fruits. Enough for two with moderate appetites. I'd go back again just for this dish.Special Features:
- This midtown establishmentJasonVIPDined on 2/14/2013This midtown establishment always has wonderful Valentine's Day specials. Unfortunately, spacing is tight so on busy days such as Valentine's Day you can find yourself spending your special dinner elbow to elbow with the next group of patrons. Overall its definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- Good for the theatre district.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/19/2013Good for the theatre district. Would stay away from the osso Bucco. Chicken parm and pasta were quite good
- Go late and it's empty. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2013Go late and it's empty. The food is decent as is the service.
- We had two very delicioussunnyVIPDined on 1/8/2013We had two very delicious meals. The salad (mixed greens) was really good, the cheese cake superb and the pastas (pesto and one with shrimp)were excellent. Kudos to the chef. We will return.Special Features:
- We liked L'Allegria very much.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2012We liked L'Allegria very much. It is a nice little Italian restaurant with good food and a lively atmosphere. It's very close to the theater district, which made if very convenient for us. We were a party of three, and we arrived on time for our 6:15 reservation and were seated promptly. The service was leisurely yet attentive. We sampled three of the pasta dishes - each was prepared well and as described. The house Ravioli (Ravioli Della Casa) and the Penne with Grilled Chicken were both very good, and the Penne Pomodoro Basilico was good but a bit bland. The wine list is very basic with cheap Italian wines, but the one we ordered (Pinot Noir) was very drinkable. I will be returning to L'Allegria on our next trip to NYC.Special Features:
- Not a great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2012Not impressed with this place. There are so many better choices in NYC. The menu was uninspired and the wine list was a joke. Food was average and be prepared to pay for drink refills.Special Features:
- We went as a party of 5 forPaco1369Dined on 12/20/2012We went as a party of 5 for a pre-Broadway-show dinner. The food was excellent italian fare with multiple brick oven pizza choices to keep our 10 year old happy. We arrived prior to our reservation and were seated immediately. A party of 5 was at tight fit into one of the semi-circular booths. At first I thought it would be a problem, but, worked out well. The only other issue was that our table was right near the door... so when it opened we got a chill. The ambiance and energy made up for the occasional chill. The servers were good, polite and knowledgeable and the manager stopped by to check on dinner. So, overall we were very happy.Special Features:
- Shame on L'Allegria's behaviour!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The Maitre'D or whom ever was seating individuals, asked us if we had a reservation and we said yes with our name. The man (can not say gentleman as his behaviour Open Table to which he "harumphed" and said " you made those reservations this afternoon and I will not honor them because I told Open Table we had no more room. You need to leave." So my experience with L'Allegria was less than poor and we left as we were asked to "leave". Very rude and quite ignorant.
- Food was disappointing. WesilverbergurianDined on 10/12/2012Food was disappointing. We has Price Fix... Maybe from main menu might be better?!
- Unfortunately we would notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2012Unfortunately we would not go back, poor service and they were not accommodating at all. Wanted to switch to whole wheat pasta (which they had on the menu for another dish ) and they wanted $5 to make the change which was absurd.
- The pre-dinner bread was notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012The pre-dinner bread was not good...tough, couldn't even bite into it. The salad was great! The steak was rather leathery....Even with the Groupon coupon, it was expensive....considering we could have eaten somewhere else for the same price. (total would have been considerably less) Lesson learned.
- Nice and relaxed after theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Nice and relaxed after the frenzy of the theater district, non- touristy, fair prices, fine food. Value received.Special Features:
- This was a comfortable, homeyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/17/2012This was a comfortable, homey restaurant. No pretense, but terrific basic Italian food and very friendly service. A place I would hang out if I lived in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good salad, good sauce butDianeVIPDined on 8/10/2012Good salad, good sauce but the main courses were just passable. Just another ho-hum Italian restaurant.
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012The food was very good. The salad was fresh and creative. The pasta was yummy. The fish was good with generous portions. The place is not pretty but it was comfortable.
- Prefixes are abundant.BroadwaybrianDined on 8/4/2012This is a Nice theater district restaurant with an extensive pre-fixe menu. The tables are very close.
- While convenient to far WestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2012While convenient to far West theaters, the food was only average.
- Family & Friends in ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012We had a group of 13 people from all over the US and Canada meeting in NYC for a graduation. Many had not been to Manahattan before and none of us live in NY. I found L'Allegria in an OpenTable search. We had a very good dinner there. The alfredo sauce was the only disappointment. While we were there the noise level was "energetic" when we left it probably became more quiet. The service was friendly and good. We had a memorable dinner.Special Features:
- The food was very good, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2012The food was very good, however the service was sporadic. With the doors open the traffic was noisy.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2012Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner on a beautiful summer evening with table right at the windows that were open to the street. Great service and my husband said the salmon dish was best he ever had. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- The food was good and I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012The food was good and I was very happy the portions weren't huge since you aren't allowed to share.Special Features:
- The restaurant was nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2012The restaurant was nice. The wall was opened to the outside giving us the best of both worlds - inside and outside dining. The food was tasty but portions were rather small. The steak was thin but grilled nicely. The lobster ravioli could have used more lobster in the filling. Al in all we had a good time and will consider going again.Special Features:
- This restaurant had a greatexcellentVIPDined on 4/28/2012This restaurant had a great price fixed menu and the food was good. However they never brought us a dessert menu or asked us if we wanted coffee, so we did not get our full meal that was part of the price fixed menu. If you have to make a show, this is not the restaurant to go to.
- Our 18 yr old and 3 friendsandiVIPDined on 4/28/2012Our 18 yr old and 3 friends (2 girls, 2 boys) dined here before seeing Chicago - an "all grown-up" experience of going into the city independently for a special night out they had been planning for months. For a nice pre-theater restaurant, the price was reasonable and they loved it. My son says the osso bucco was fantastic!
- excellent choice for pre-theater;ChuckkVIPDined on 4/11/2012excellent choice for pre-theater; many prix fixe choicesSpecial Features: