11401 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albatrosbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 2167917880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Zack Bruell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: In the spring & summer months our outdoor patio will feature local entertainers & musicians. Check our website for updates.
- Cross Street: Ford Drive
- Public Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available at lot directly in front of L'Albatros. Street parking is also available.
A word from L'Albatros
L'Albatros is a chic brasserie, amid the setting of a rustic 1800's carriage house, located in the heart of University Circle. Chef Zack Bruell brings a refreshing twist to classic French cuisine such as Hanger Steak & Frites with Bearnaise Sauce, Bouillabaise, & Duck Confit. The menu also offers wood-fired pizzas with over 25 beer selections for pairings fit for any food connoisseur. L’Albatros offers a seasonal cheese board, & wine list featuring over 100 bottles to enhance your dining experience.Continued
We are just minutes from Severance Hall, Little Italy, & the Cleveland Art Museum.
We are just minutes from Severance Hall, Little Italy, & the Cleveland Art Museum.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
L'Albatros - Best Restaurants in University Circle ›
L'Albatros reviews from OpenTable diners
391 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (285)special occasion (236)great for outdoor dining (231)neighborhood gem (196)romantic (193)notable wine list (129)hot spot (93)great for lunch (74)good for groups (56)late-night find (36)vibrant bar scene (28)scenic view (23)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Attractive Restaurant. Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014There were four people in our party and we all enjoyed the dining experience immensely.Special Features:
- Great restaurantHyonDined on 10/21/2014Great service, tasteful food. We love this place. We will go aging.Special Features:
- French diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I belong to a moviegoers' group. After viewing an independent film we go to a nearby venue to discuss how the movie affected us. L'Albatros is one of our favorite spots, as it is close to Cinematheque and the Museum of Art. They always accommodate us in an organized way, seat us as a group in an intimate corner, and treat us very well. We also appreciate the unique and delicious menu choices!Special Features:
- Great menu, outstanding servicegobluevictorsDined on 10/19/2014First visit to L'Albatros - will definitely come back. Food was excellent and service was very attentive and unobtrusive. Entree prices were very reasonable. Great vibe as well.Special Features:
- A real find for ClevelandBuschDined on 10/19/2014This was my second time dining here and I've really enjoyed both visits. A true French bistro.Special Features:
- Reliable and Yet Still InterestingitalianaincleveDined on 10/18/2014We wanted a special place for a special occasion and L'Albatros came through with flying colors as expected. We thoroughly enjoyed the goat cheese tart and the heaping portion of pork rillettes (more than half went home to be enjoyed the following day!), and the lamb shoulder and the special of walleye with lobster mushrooms. Our budding foodie daughter really enjoyed her first steak/frites, and francophone daughter her croque monsieur. Desserts were fabulous: dark chocolate tart with meyer lemon sauce, warm brownie with superb vanilla ice cream, and a very special variation of a chocolate napoleon. Server brought all desserts with candles so we could all celebrate--very thoughtful! Only small downer: overly-aggressive water pourers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific valueSELBDined on 10/18/2014Delicious food. Wide variety of selections on the menu priced to provide a wonderful dining experience without breaking the bank. Service was attentive while providing a relaxed dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentleroyDined on 10/18/2014Food was superb. Great menu choices. Broad wine list. Friendly, efficient staff. Specials were excellent. We enjoyed the whole experience. Reservations were easy to make. Food came out at a reasonable pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This was our second time dining at this restaurant. The food and service are amazing. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceoutoftownguestDined on 10/17/2014first time dining there. great food, nice wine list, comfy and chic at the same time. would definitely return.Special Features:
- Tight diningminpin00Dined on 10/17/2014Food is excellent and we really like the restaurant. The only complaint is that the tables are too close together. Forget about a romatic dinner unless you want to share it with the room.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Great find ....it's part of our list now.... We had a wonderful lunch and will be back for dinner next time for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent OverallmrossDined on 10/15/2014Went there for dinner before a show at Playhouse. The service staff was very attentive, always refilling drinks and offering bread. The food was delicious and the portions were larger than expected. The onion soup gratinee was so good - I recommend a cup rather than the bowl since the entrees are generous. Moderately priced for such an outstanding meal and service.Special Features:
- Lunch on the 14thRandRDined on 10/14/2014I continue to be pleased and impressed with the very attentive service provided by staff every time I am at L'Albatros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visithillerleeVIPDined on 10/12/2014I ordered the Pork two ways - I had asked for big flavors - this was bigger than I could handle, which is hard. You have to LOVE pork to love this dish, but the cauliflower was the best I've ever had. Salads very good - hanger steak good.
- always wonderfulcatdanceDined on 10/11/2014Whether I've been there for brunch, dinner or a "light dinner" which is what I had, I've never been disappointed by the professionalism of the staff and the quality of the food. While I usually get a full dinner, my friend and I had drinks, soup and salad. She is from out of town and we had a delightful time catching up and enjoying some of the evenings' specials. Both soup and salad were great! No one hassled us and it made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- ophthmomDined on 10/10/2014Have been here several times and the food and service is always great!Special Features:
- AlalalalDined on 10/8/2014The portions weren't super large, but neither were the prices, an altogether acceptable trade off. Left room for dessert.
- sweet spottheatregoerDined on 10/8/2014Love this restaurant! Cozy atmosphere if you request a booth in the bar, fantastic patio for outside dining. Food is delicious and drinks are unique and tasty. Whenever I visit Cleveland, I book a table at l'Abatros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TricksterDined on 10/5/2014As a cheese enthusiast, L'Albatros cheese board is one of the best things I have ever experienced. Selected in front of you and paired simply (with a dollop of fig), it's nothing short of heavenly. Frankly, it's worth a visit just for the cheeses. L'Albatros also sauces expertly, and every dish we had benefited from their complex, subtle flavors. The escargot was wonderful, as was the hanger steak and frites with house-made aioli. Water and bread service was speedy and great, but our waitress was a little terse with us and was not particularly helpful when we asked for recommendations. It was a fairly busy Sunday, though, and my other experiences at L'Albatros have been exceptional from a service standpoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentALECVIPDined on 10/5/2014L'Albatros never fails to deliver - ambiance, service, food, price - always excellent. The design of the experience by Zack Bruell allows you to be able to enjoy a full meal with excellent quality - from appetizer to salad to main dish to dessert with wine and drinks - all at a reasonable price point. Portions are small, but the cost reflects that. The menu offers an interesting variety, so even though it hasn't changed over the years, there is always something to catch the eye. Specials are offered which also are consistently excellent. BRAVO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!eric4049Dined on 10/4/2014I took my wife for a celebration of citizenship. Your staff was excellent. Our server Bart was extremely wonderful. The Bouillabasse we had was the best ever as was the escargot. I have been there before but this was the best yet. L'Albatros is certainly my favorite restaurant in Cleveland. I'm not a Native I'm from the east coast. This certainly rivals anything Manhattan Philly or DC can offer! I will continue to come back. This is Zack Bruell's flagship! Thanks guys for an awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!iheartfoodDined on 10/4/2014We loved the food at L'Albartos, especially the cheese board. The only negative I have is that many of the tables are right on top of us. We had another couple on either side of us and could easily hear both their conversations. I prefer a more private setting for date nights with my husband. I'd recommend this restaurant to others though and would go again myself.Special Features:
- Good first visitJeneDined on 10/4/2014This is a lovely place with a variety of interesting dishes. My friends and I like to try new restaurants and we had not been here before. It was good food, with a welcoming and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- University Circle GemjamesDined on 10/3/2014One of our favorite restaurants in the booming University Circle area. Unusually good service matched with a thoughtful chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningFoodie3000Dined on 10/3/2014I always enjoy coming to the restaurant. The service is phenomenal as is the food. Always a great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the City's BestPiqua41VIPDined on 10/1/2014We have returned again and again despite the plastic chairs. Superior in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip top food and serviceLeGourmandDined on 10/1/2014We were a party of 8 for lunch and everyone was fully accomodated for their individual tastes and portion sizes. Vert attentive service throughout our courses, and between courses with water, bread and evoo or butter. Always a top favorite for a speacial dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends for Dinner and The TinkmariannDined on 9/30/2014We are subscribers to the Cuyahoga County Public Library Writer's Center Stage Events now being hosted at the Tinkham Veale Bldg at CWRU. L'Albatross is conveniently located within walking distance to The Tink as well as the Botanical Gardens, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Museum of Natural History and sits on the CWRU campus in Cleveland's Uptown Neighborhood! Great location, Great food, Great service. Our server was knowledgeable and able to guide our gluten-free guest through the menu with options that were sufficient for offering dining variety. Our meals were beautifully presented and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!FoodloverDined on 9/29/2014L'Albatros was absolutely amazing! All the food and ingredients are so fresh and the service is wonderful. If you go (which you should) you must try the cheese platter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always funJessicaRabbitEsqDined on 9/27/2014We only have the chance to dine here about 2x a year, but it is always good. This time we came after seeing John Waters at the Cinematheque as part of our birthdays & anniversary celebration. It was a late arrival, but service was still impeccable. The venison special was delicious. My beef bourguignon was a little salty, but still very enjoyable. I do not recall the waiter's name but he and the server's assistant were attentive and kind. (We were 10:30pm Saturday 9/27).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualCheweyDined on 9/27/2014Thank you for a great meal and fantastic service. This restaurant always the best choice for special occassion and fine dining. The wine list is reasonable, the food is excellent, and service is top-notch. Best lamb stew available. A gem for Cleveland. Keep up the good work, Zack.Special Features:
- Once again!Ray1Dined on 9/27/2014It was my second time at L'Albatros and it did not disappoint me. The ambiance, service and food were perfect for the occasion. I definately will be back!Special Features:
- OutstandingBailey14Dined on 9/27/2014Great variety of food. All prepared excellently. Good flavor and beautiful presentation. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual. Outdoors perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Food, service weather - everything wonderful. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the Drivevisitor2clevelandDined on 9/27/2014After extensive research to pick a great restaurant for our pre-show dinner, we chose L'Albatros. It was wonderful. I had a cod dish prepared exquisitely with sauerkraut and spatzel. My husband had the walleye. Our water glasses were never low. The bread and oil were a nice touch to savor, while we waited for dinner and enjoyed our drinks. The waitstaff was attentive without being obtrusive or annoying. Portion size was perfect. I would definitely recommend this establishment. It was a $20 taxi ride from our downtown hotel, and another $20 ride to the theater, but well worth the extra expense, for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's An ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014L'Albatros is an experience and everyone should have the opportunity to dine here. They have an awesome waite staff and management team and, the food is excellent. It feels classy and sophisticated without trying too hard. Every time I dine here and no matter how many people are present, I always feel like I am at my own private dinner party.Special Features:
- A gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Got to L'Altatros from the NYT 36 Hours in Cleveland. Gorgeous outdoor setting, fenced in large patio area. Service was prompt, and the "bread server/detail person, was particularly attentive and took care of stray needs as they arose. My husband ordered veal that was "a little salty," and a radish and cucumber salad that was a bit short on cucumbers. My soup of the day, a squash soup, was on the bland side, the entree, a vegetarian cassoulet, was tremendous! If I return to Cleveland, I'd definitely give the setting another try. Fun to drive from downtown through the CSU and Case Western neighborhoods to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Dinner for two on an open-air patio. Weather was delightful, added to the experience. Delightful old residence re-purposed to a restaurant on a residential sidestreet in Cleveland. Reservation honored. Staff welcoming. Food properly prepared and served. Waitstaff properly attentive. Interesting and wide-ranging wine list. Entrees were risotto and piselli, and fluke. Both dishes were relished. When in Cleveland, Ohio add this location to your list.
- FantasticHeidiDined on 9/25/2014Food was fabulous. Service was exquisite. Ambiance lovely. The salmon was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.