11401 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albatrosbrasserie.com/
- Phone: (216) 791-7880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Zack Bruell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: In the spring & summer months our outdoor patio will feature local entertainers & musicians. Check our website for updates.
- Cross Street: Ford Drive
- Public Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available at lot directly in front of L'Albatros. Street parking is also available.
A word from L'Albatros
L'Albatros is a chic brasserie, amid the setting of a rustic 1800's carriage house, located in the heart of University Circle. Chef Zack Bruell brings a refreshing twist to classic French cuisine such as Hanger Steak & Frites with Bearnaise Sauce, Bouillabaise, & Duck Confit. The menu also offers wood-fired pizzas with over 25 beer selections for pairings fit for any food connoisseur. L’Albatros offers a seasonal cheese board, & wine list featuring over 100 bottles to enhance your dining experience.Continued
We are just minutes from Severance Hall, Little Italy, & the Cleveland Art Museum.
We are just minutes from Severance Hall, Little Italy, & the Cleveland Art Museum.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
L'Albatros - Best Restaurants in University Circle ›
L'Albatros reviews from OpenTable diners
398 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (302)special occasion (247)neighborhood gem (200)romantic (189)great for outdoor dining (181)notable wine list (135)hot spot (103)great for lunch (80)good for groups (65)late-night find (44)vibrant bar scene (34)great for brunch (19)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Fantastic Restaurant!akron48Dined on 11/21/2014After several visits, L'Albatros just gets better and better! It has become our favorite restaurant and well worth the 40 minute drive. We are so happy that our granddaughter chose Case Western University allowing us to find this gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentPiqua41VIPDined on 11/19/2014Quality shown in every respect here. A must in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemMsMorrisonDined on 11/17/2014L'Albatros is truly gem in University Circle. The atmosphere is both intimate and romantic or modern and sophisticated depending on the area of the restaurant in which you prefer to be seated. The variety of food offerings is outstanding and the quality never disappoints. My only recommendation for the restaurant is to work on the temperature of the room in the more intimate seating area. We wanted to sit there on our last visit, but it was way to chilly - bordering on cold. The more modern area of the restaurant was warmer, but it too could be notched up a degree or two. The service was truly excellent from the hostess, wait staff and the team at large. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic FrenchStef12Dined on 11/16/2014It's obvious what food the restaurant will serve based on the name: French. They definitely deliver on this promise with a rather long of classic French dishes ranging from escargot to duck confit. On one hand, it is a good thing that the restaurant stays true to its roots. However, in a world of fusion cuisine and molecular gastronomy, the classic dishes seem a little lacking. Despite this, everything we had was absolutely delicious. The service was less than perfect, though. Everyone was polite and smiling, but the timing was a little off. The server wanted to get our order right away and then we waited for the check with an empty table for at least 15 minutes. On the bright side, they didn't make us rush to free up a table at this busy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoshDined on 11/15/2014Very energetic and vibrant atmosphere, simple but modern decor, all meshes very well for a nice dining experience. It can become loud in some of the dining areas, but not bad enough to make the experience less enjoyable. Food was very good and reasonably priced. I had the duck confit while my girlfriend had the roasted chickem, both of which were very well prepared and delicious. For desert we had the warm chocolate brownie; which ended up being one of the best brownies I have ever had, even the ice cream on top was amazing. Great place to go for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really special evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014What a treat. The food was outstanding. The onion soup was especially flavorful. My husband had the pork entree and said it was fantastic. Service was top notch. What a great Cleveland find in a special locale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little dissapointedsammiDined on 11/13/2014We went out on a Thursday for our anniversary. Unfortunately it was restaurant week..very busy and very noisy. Our waiter had to repeat the specials because we couldn't hear him. The tables seemed cramed in. My soup was very delicious, and the creme caremal super, but both our entrees so so. My husbands fish was over cooked . Our server was pleasant and the service good. We may try again when it is not restaurant week.Special Features:
- Zach's restaurants, our favorites!Sue916VIPDined on 11/10/2014Just posted on FB a how great it always is there! Skate, cassoulet are our favorite as well as the onion soup! We keep returning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerfoodiefunDined on 11/9/2014Overall, everything was good. I had the mixed greens salad, which I did not think was mixed greens, my idea of mixed greens is a Spring Mix, this was just lettuce on a plate with two grape tomatoes cut in half to decorate around the plate and balsamic dressing. It just needed something else on it or with it. My husband had sweet potato soup and he enjoyed that. I had the pork two ways, not crazy about the pork belly, but the shank was very good. The cauliflower steaks were delicious, but I think there was too much on the plate, I could not eat it all. Sometimes, less is more. My husband had the salmon with lentils, he enjoyed it, I tasted the salmon and think it could have had a glaze or more seasoning. Dessert was delicious, my husband had the Honey Almond cake with macerated strawberries, very delicious, I had the cheesecake, again, could have had more flavor like lemon or vanilla. These are just my opinion, so someone else may like the flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableCrateLady1dinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is an excellent restaurant. We enjoyed every aspect of this dining experience.Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Service and food both were excellent. It remains one of our favorite restaurants in Cleveland.Special Features:
- PRE-ORCHESTRAtopeyedocVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great spot for a pre-orchestra dinner. Everything is spot on.Special Features:
- Great food, interesting serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Made a reservation for 8:30pm for my boyfriend's birthday. We arrived about 8:15, walked up to the hostess, and we were told "wait a few minutes because we are currently full and need to find a table" Hostess then said "you could sit at the bar if there are seats there." I did not make a reservation to sit at the bar, and was surprised she didn't even know if there were seats available. We stood in the foyer area for about ten minutes then were finally shown to our table. When we walked up to the table, my boyfriend and I just looked at each other as it was in a tiny little corner in between two other groups of patrons. The waitress just said "yeah i'm sorry its sort of hard to get in there but it's what we have available right now..."Special Features:
- So happy!klauveDined on 11/7/2014My boyfriend and I chose L'Albatros for a special occasion this past Friday. I had dined here previously but he had not, and our experience was lovely. The hostesses were adorable and welcoming, and although the tables are somewhat close together, we were situated in at a nice corner two top that allowed us to chat comfortably and enjoy our special evening. Our server (can't remember his name) was fantastic. He was very attentive but not pushy, and was particularly considerate of my gluten allergy; the kitchen was also very accommodating. All of the food that we ordered was exquisite - onion soup, escargots (try them!), veal short ribs, and confit chicken. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought would be betterBarbiedollVIPDined on 11/7/2014Good food. Drinks were expensive, probably more than the food. Liked the area where the restaurant was located. Think our dining chairs were made of plastic which was kinda weird. Attentive service, almost too much at times (bread plates were refilled numerous times, wasn't necessary) so was I surprised when we were given another table's food in error.Special Features:
- Great find....sharonVIPDined on 11/6/2014Prior to our trip to Cleveland we, via open table and other sites, looked for a well rated restaurant with a French flare. L'Albatros was the choice and it was a great one! We had a lovely table in a corner, a fireplace in the room, fabulous service and food to match. Highly recommend to others especially if you're anywhere near East Cleveland.Special Features:
- Always impeccableTravelerDined on 11/5/2014One of our favorite spots for both dinner prior to an event or a romantic night out. Service and food always impeccable, and one class act. We neglected to mention we were going to a show. Dessert menus were brought. Our server was busy and didn't get back to the table to take dessert order before we had to go. When he did appear, I said simply and not accusingly "We would have ordered dessert, but it is too late now." When the check was delivered it was accompanied by two serving of creme caramel to go - complete with napkins and utensils - to apologize for the delay. One class act.Special Features:
- Always excellentsimbaDined on 11/5/2014Quality of food - perfect. Special requests always welcomed and prepared. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quick lunchMoodymanDined on 11/4/2014Met some old friends we haven't seen in years for lunch here at 1:00. We talked till 5:00 when the dinner group started to arrive. No one rushed us or hurried us. Friendly staff and service. Wonderful experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice frente foodlorrenDined on 11/3/2014Escargots one of the best i had. Fish also very good. I did go a second occassion the meat was not as good as the Fish, and as good as the escargot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrate a happy occasionromanticfoodiesDined on 11/2/2014Our first wedding anniversary while memorable in it's own right, was made quite special by dining at L'Albatros. It was everything one might expect from a first class French restaurant. Highly recommend the cheese board, fun and tasty, a great introduction to the wonderful variety of French and other international cheeses. I had a sausage platter for my entree (three varieties of sausage) all wonderfully prepared. Two of the three were made on premises. Quite impressive. My bride had an exquisite trout dish that she thoroughly enjoyed. We passed on dessert (wedding cake at home). It was a Sunday night and the place was full. Reservations appear to be well advised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!KTofPADined on 11/1/2014The food was excellent as usual! Service is great! They keep your water glass filled and your bread plate is never empty! Love the menu! Recommend getting a cheese plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014L'Albatros is consistently the best dining experience in Northeast Ohio. It was no different on our most recent visit, 11/1. We had several of the special appetizers and salads, and all were delicious. The entrees were wonderful, too. When I eat at L'Albatros, I'm always amazed at how low the bill is, and this time was no exception. I consider this to be the top dining experience in town, and can't recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experience!CherDined on 11/1/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants - whether it's lunch or dinner, inside or out on the patio, the service and food are amazing. If you are adventurous, ask the Chef to pick your meal - I am never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/31/2014Food and service consistently outstanding, yet there is an unpretentious feel to the restaurant. My favorite in Cleveland!Special Features:
- PghisnoneDined on 10/31/2014The advantage for a recent visit to Cleveland and the University Circle, was the location, walking distance from the Glidden House where we were staying. The upscale menu and intimate setting was a bonus. Most unusual was the open kitchen at the entrance, would have thought it would be placed where diners could observe. The noise level precludes a great deal of one-on-one conversation, but we tried to ignore that. Obviously too many hard surfaces. Dinner was very good and soups outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SiteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014Your site will note take my characters part way thru, I would have finished my excellent reviewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jerry2014VIPDined on 10/31/2014This restaurant always pleases.the menu has something for every one, the drinks are generous and the homemade mustard superb.Special Features:
- Limited menuewdinerDined on 10/28/2014While we have visited L'Albatros before, the menu seems quite limited and rich.Special Features:
- rosemarythymeDined on 10/27/2014The food was excellent - charcuterie starter was very tasty and ideal for multiple people. So too was the boulibasse which has a considerable amount of lobster. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- BDcelebrationDined on 10/27/2014Our food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We were very pleased with the entire dining experience. We would return in a second. Of minor importance was the noise, however, our hostess found a cozy and quiet spot for us that was perfect.Special Features:
- JamesDined on 10/25/2014Great French place within walking distance of the Glidden House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfuntimesDined on 10/24/2014Excellent food, awesome service, fantastic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedLindyDined on 10/24/2014The French onion soup was very good. The walleye lobster special was not great, the dumpling had weird spongy texture and no real taste ,however, it smelled like lobster. The swordfish and cauliflower risotto was tasty and the fish was well prepared. Our waitress removed our drink glasses and did not ask if we would've liked another and our service inordinately slow. I was underwhelmed by the entire experience and doubt I would ever recommend the place or return. sr
- FoodClevelandfallDined on 10/24/2014I would tell customers the veggies in the cassoulet as mostly beans with some mushrooms. Very rich.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attractive Restaurant. Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014There were four people in our party and we all enjoyed the dining experience immensely.Special Features:
- LOVE ITOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/21/2014L'Albatros always offers outstanding food, service and atmosphere. One of the coziest restaurants around and the patio is second to none. Always a very memorable dining experience. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHyonDined on 10/21/2014Great service, tasteful food. We love this place. We will go aging.Special Features:
- French diningBlazeDined on 10/19/2014I belong to a moviegoers' group. After viewing an independent film we go to a nearby venue to discuss how the movie affected us. L'Albatros is one of our favorite spots, as it is close to Cinematheque and the Museum of Art. They always accommodate us in an organized way, seat us as a group in an intimate corner, and treat us very well. We also appreciate the unique and delicious menu choices!Special Features:
- Great menu, outstanding servicegobluevictorsDined on 10/19/2014First visit to L'Albatros - will definitely come back. Food was excellent and service was very attentive and unobtrusive. Entree prices were very reasonable. Great vibe as well.Special Features: