11401 Bellflower Road
Cleveland, OH 44106Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albatrosbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 2167917880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Zack Bruell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: In the spring & summer months our outdoor patio will feature local entertainers & musicians. Check our website for updates.
- Cross Street: Ford Drive
- Public Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking is available at lot directly in front of L'Albatros. Street parking is also available.
A word from L'Albatros
L'Albatros is a chic brasserie, amid the setting of a rustic 1800's carriage house, located in the heart of University Circle. Chef Zack Bruell brings a refreshing twist to classic French cuisine such as Hanger Steak & Frites with Bearnaise Sauce, Bouillabaise, & Duck Confit. The menu also offers wood-fired pizzas with over 25 beer selections for pairings fit for any food connoisseur. L’Albatros offers a seasonal cheese board, & wine list featuring over 100 bottles to enhance your dining experience.Continued
We are just minutes from Severance Hall, Little Italy, & the Cleveland Art Museum.
We are just minutes from Severance Hall, Little Italy, & the Cleveland Art Museum.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
L'Albatros - Best Restaurants in University Circle ›
L'Albatros reviews from OpenTable diners
426 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (301)great for outdoor dining (290)special occasion (274)neighborhood gem (222)romantic (218)notable wine list (151)hot spot (99)great for lunch (90)good for groups (73)late-night find (53)great for brunch (39)scenic view (37)vibrant bar scene (32)kid-friendly (12)Show More
- averageDinoDined on 8/30/2014Nice, but too busy to adequately prepare consistently high quality meals. Went here because Cleveland Magazine listed it ABOVE Chez Francois-Not even close. Though service was excellent, Bouef Borg was over cooked, tough to chew and way salty. Had another engagement, or would have sent it back. On reflection, the server tried to earn me away, but I thought that as a French restaurant, this would be their show piece. To me, this is yet another result of an ambitious chef who makes a name for himself and opens up too many restaurants and can't keep them all under control, and quality suffers. I'll go back(some day), but not soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Inventive menu that any diner with the most picky tastes will find wonderful. A chance to eat foods not often available, like skate. Server very knowledgeable of selections. Although we had a reservation we had to wait 30 minutes for table . Unfortunately a very loud obnoxious group of 8, making loud crude comments, got sat next to us at 9pm so our server got distracted attending to them so we were left 30 minutes to get our credit card processed. Overall however this is an excellent restaurant and I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014This by far was one of the best meals we've ever eaten. This was our first time there, and I have to say it did not disappoint. We had the cod dinner. Initially we felt strange about sauerkraut mixed with spatzeal and fish, but it was delicious! And the French toast appetizer was a delight. We also got a fantastic dessert and since it was our anniversary, they placed a candle in the dessert for us. It was nice that our anniversary was recognized. We cannot wait to return and try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We ate lunch outside on a glorious, sunny day, and it was a joy. The food and service were superb, the tables were well shaded with umbrellas, the sound was muted. We tried the duck confit, the mussels, and the sausages - all were perfect and very substantial for lunch. Their version of Arnold Palmer is unsweetened, a nice surprise. The bread just kept coming. Tables felt a bit closer together than they needed to be (there was quite a bit of open space adjacent to the crowded area). Parking is easy and plentiful in the lot in front of the restaurant, so you don't have to worry about your car on this bustling campus.Special Features:
- Can't get enough!CookingInClevelandDined on 8/28/2014From the meal to the service to that fabulous outdoor patio, (has to be the prettiest in Cleveland) it is always a treat. Took my niece who had never been and we ordered everything she had never tried before, pate', duck, cassoulet! The wine list was awesome, and our waiter was great - Chris is quiet and not intrusive, but very attentive - thank you for another wonderful evening Zac Bruell!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceGrtdiningexperienceDined on 8/28/2014My husband & I were in Cleveland for my husband's routine follow-up at the cardiac Center at the Cleveland Clinic. To celebrate great medical news, we had lunch at L'Albatros. We heard & read glowing reports of this place, and it lived up to it's reputation. The Lobster Bisque was superbly delicious, my Lobster dish was outstanding and my husband's Duck Confit was excellent. We would certainly go back & dine at this place when we come back from Buffalo, NY in 6 monthsSpecial Features:
- A Gem, butfoodguy22Dined on 8/28/2014This is justifiably rated as one of the best restaurants in Cleveland. The food was great, although my dish (sausage platter) a little less than I expected. The artichoke appetizer was sublime, and my wife's fish was excellent. The ambiance might be called "romantic" because the lights were turned low, but for us, it was difficult to read the menu. Also it was a little noisy. Most annoying was that the waitress, who was nice, overdid the "how as the food tasting?" bit. We were asked to "grade" every course. It was a little over the top. Nonetheless, I'd recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- ExcellentBrendanDined on 8/27/2014Great service. Excellent food. Will definitely be back. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionClevelandDined on 8/25/2014As always an absolutely exquisite experience. Thank you!Special Features:
- Superb!BioknightXDined on 8/25/2014Excelent food, wonderful atmosphere, and very nice service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great StaffLuvfrenchDined on 8/25/2014The staff was very prompt and my water never was empty and they kept me stocked on bread. Very good food would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Was impressed with our waiter. His knowledge of the menu and wine list was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicest outdoor dining in ClevelandtopeyedocVIPDined on 8/24/2014I have been to L'Albatros many times. The food is fantastic, the bar is capable and the service is competent. Dining on the patio in August is a delightSpecial Features:
- Nice leisure dining.MingCourtluversVIPDined on 8/24/2014Visiting from oot, so we visited this French restaurant, as per Trip Advisors reviews. Our server was wonderful, as were all the wait staff....minus, John, who served and explained the cheese board selections. Seemingly perturbed and un-engaging, too bad tips there are shared, as he shouldn't earn ours! The food selections were varied. The bread, water and drinks were kept filled and re-freshed, pleasantly, I might add! Entrees we ordered were the Veal and the Chicken Confit, both were good, albeit the Veal pieces, which were a bit tough. Desserts were very tasty, being the Dark Chocolate Tart and the Chocolate, Brownie and Ice-Cream. No food was wasted, as we gave the left-overs to some of Ohio's homeless.Special Features:
- eatwelleatofteneatwelleatoftenDined on 8/23/2014When we were seated the noise level was loud. We asked to be moved and they gave us a private room. What more could we ask for!!! They were attentive and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Outstanding!letseatoutDined on 8/23/2014We have gone to L'Albatros often as a couple, family and large group of friends and it never fails to be a great time. The food is wonderful, service above and beyond great and the atmosphere is so enjoyable. If you haven't been to L'Albatros you must make a point to get there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchyDined on 8/22/2014The appetizers were very good the entrées were bland and mediocre at best had to return one entrée for another The replacement was not much better. The service was good the desserts were good it seems to be a restaurant where people go to be seen rather than to have excellent food
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I love L'Albatros in the summer on their patio. Along with the food and good service it's a really nice evening.Special Features:
- excellent customer serviceretiredVIPDined on 8/22/2014wasn't impressed with the food but the service was extraordinary.Special Features:
- What a ShamekeepitsimpleDined on 8/22/2014First and foremost, the food was over-the-top fabulous. From the Walleye special to the veal short ribs and even the vegetable cassoulet, the flavors were utterly perfect. The discordant note was our service, or more to the point, our server. From her hands-on-the-hips greeting of our group, through quips as answers, completed with forgetting to follow up on requests, it was a real disappointment. Service really makes or breaks an evening, and this is such a shame. The food is so good, but we will not return. Final note: what's with the hard plastic, molded chairs? For a high end restaurant, the seating was odd (and uncomfortable).Special Features:
- Reservations mean nothing!Foodlover81Dined on 8/21/2014This is the 3rd time that my husband and I have taken another couple to L'Albatros. Each time we made reservations and each time we were made to wait for almost an hour! What is the point of reservations if you can't even find bliss to keeping them? I and I disappointed-we have always loved thus restaurant but this has left a bad taste in our mouths and was certainly not a good experience for our guests.Special Features:
- Get cheeseboardTerriDined on 8/20/2014This was our first time here....wonderful!!! Service great. Our server made recommendations and the staff was very attentive. Food was excellent. Make sure you get the cheese board with all the different choices, presented tableside. Afterwards, take a short stroll through the CWRU campus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicieux!JulieDined on 8/20/2014We love l'Albatros and come every single time we are visiting from Paris. It is a perfect place for lunch or dinner, before or after a visit to the Cleveland Art Museum. The food is always wonderful and the service very attentive. C'est formidable!Special Features:
- Special occasionMarkBDined on 8/18/2014I thought L'Albatros was perfect for my daughter's birthday dinner. It is a good value for a very nice restaurant. The service was superb and the food was creative and delicious.Special Features:
- Night outYummy2Dined on 8/17/2014All servers were very attentive and knowledgable giving good suggestions for food choices and wine. Interesting menu with items not served at other restaurants. Beautiful, private patio that is very restful with lots of ambience. A lovely destination for our anniversary celebration.Special Features:
- Freshman Drop off dinnerJasmineDined on 8/17/2014Took my son to college and decided to have a top shelf send-off to cafeteria food. We were early for our reservation, and were given a choice of inside or patio table. We chose the patio and since the weather was lovely it was a good decision. Drink service was a little slow, but we were served water promptly. We ordered a combo of appetizers and an an entree, including the chef's cold soup special. All were delicious and beautifully presented, along with an abundance of bread and a perfect choice wine by the glass for me. Once the meal was served, the waiter failed to return to the table until the empty plates had been sitting for a bit, but it was a busy Sunday night. I look forward to visiting my son and returning to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eddieDined on 8/17/2014Great wait service and delicious tasting food! Very pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant, good locationLivingoodDined on 8/17/2014We dined at L'Albatros on a busy weekend night and received attentive service and good food. It took a while for the entrees to come, but the waitress brought as much delicious bread as we wanted. The cheese tray starter was just wonderful, and roasted chicken was really tasty!Special Features:
- Great restaurantophthmomDined on 8/16/2014Have been there several times, and the food is always delicious! Great patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of ClevelandksapolloDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner here while taking our daughter to CWRU and it was a great experience. We enjoyed it so much that we returned for lunch a few days later. Best meal we had in Cleveland.Special Features:
- A Cleveland GemBarbDined on 8/16/2014Once again Zak Bruell and team outdid themselves. The attention to detail is outstanding. Although the restaurant was packed, we were seated on the patio in timely fashion, and our waiter Richard could not have been more attentive. As busy as he was he made us feel as though we were the only patrons in the room! He had full command of the menu and answered each question with the knowledge of the chef. The trout was superb as was the veal short rib and coho salmon. The plates were paired perfectly with ample side dishes and dessert was heavenly? The portions were oversized and served steaming hot. This is by far one of the best patios in Cleveland and as always, we will continue to patronize this local chefs establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I appreciate the bread basket,DrMarioDined on 8/15/2014the food is excellent. I would add warm/hot olive plate for an appetizer. The fresh garden salad was excellent. Our server did present as a surprise fresh berries to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- A great place for lunch and dinnerlavernVIPDined on 8/15/2014MY friend and I enjoyed lunch on the patio, great food and service. I also going for dinner with my husband everyone is always pleasant and professionaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food less than great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was, as always, excellent. The service could have been better. We ordered a bottle of wine for for people. We would have had a second if our waiter would have been around. We didn't see him again after our order was taken until it was time for a dessert order. Bummer for us and the restaurant. We would have been happier with a second bottle and they would have made more money.Special Features:
- Always a TreatKatieDined on 8/14/2014We have been to L'Albatros many times, and also in its previous incarnation as That Place on Bellflower--always very enjoyable and excellent value for the money. Wait staff also exceptionally nice. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!peppyelfDined on 8/13/2014I recently had a lunch date here and it was just fabulous! My favorite is the chicken confit, which is very reasonably priced on the lunch menu ($12). My friend had the duck confit, which was extremely tender and accompanied by a yummy sweet potato purée. It's just a short walk from the museum, so it's the perfect place to get your French food fix before or after admiring some French art. If anything, I wish I had been able to snag a table on the patio. It was such a nice day out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Back For SureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Great experience. First time there. Starting with the initial reservation call I knew they were going to do what they could to make our evening special. The staff, service and complete meal was absolutely great. Definitely will be going back and now know why it was so highly recommended to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- University Circle lunch spotcafe44107Dined on 8/11/2014This is great place for lunch to take someone new to the circle area. Enjoyed the chopped salad, pomme frites and cassoulet. Lunch was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night with my sweetheartFox1886Dined on 8/9/2014I am limited to 750 characters or less with my review which before this revision only got me barely to the appetizers portion of our night out. I will simply state that you are enjoying one of the finest dining experiences in all of Cleveland (yes, this easily rivals Lola Bistro). We *highly* recommend this for various ocassions. Patio is great! Food is to die for, and it appears the "French Toast" is the go-to item (for a good reason), but we also recommend giving the Braised Leeks a shot (they are very refreshing). Duck Confit was amazing, and Chocolate Napoleon (dessert) was delicious. Wine list is expansive (Malbec is great!)... the only con was that the waiter forgot to take off one of our beers which was disappointing.Special Features:
- L'Albartos is excelentfoodbeastDined on 8/8/2014my favorite restaurant in Cleveland area. great atmosphere and food and service. its very easy and very delicious 3 hours went by like 15 minutes. enjoy it when you can as much as you can as for me I am going back next Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.