Lakeview Bistro at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
404 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lakeview Bistro at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebonaventure.com/
- Phone: 2136124897x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Hours (Monday - Friday) 6:00am to 11:30am; 6:00am to 12:00pm Saturday; 6:00am to 11am
Sunday Urban Food Experience Brunch 11am to 2:00pm
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm (Monday - Saturday)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jose Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Guitar by Esteban, every sunday from 11a.m. to 2 p.m. at our unplugged sunday brunch.
A word from Lakeview Bistro at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
Lakeview Bistro, serving classic American food - appetizers, delicious salads, sandwiches, classic bistro style entrées - all in a unique casual setting by our tranqual indoor lakes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Lakeview Bistro at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Lakeview Bistro at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Nice Atmosphere, Great LocationAAAAADined on 9/28/2014Nice Atmosphere Great Convenient Downtown Location Price is reasonable Ambiance is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2014Had the lunch buffet, and it was very good, particularly the salads.Special Features:
- Wonderful BuffetDinerVIPDined on 8/5/2014There are so many wonderful things going on with this restaurant - from the incredible lunch buffet, encompassing salads, soups, pasta, poultry, meats and cookies, to the warm, professional and gracious greeting from Monica; superior, knowledgeable and incredible service by Alfredo, it was a joy for us to dine here and partake of this wonderful and noteworthy experience. This is the place to go for lunch - great food, great staff and nice scenery in a classic setting.Special Features:
- HappyTummyVIPDined on 7/16/2014I had the salad bar. Well worth $19.99. Everything was delicious. Many selections to pick from. I had a little of many of them. I wanted to try everything! The table service was also great. Our waiter was excellent!Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 7/8/2014My business associate and I love to dine in this wonderful oasis in the middle of Downtown Los Angeles. Lovely main atrium area and an incredible luncheon buffet to boot with perfected handcarved turkey and pasta to order. The salads are amazing and the wonderful variety of fruits and vegetables are noteworthy. Best of all, is the incredible greeting by Monica and our waiter Alfredo make a first class team that exceeds in customer service, efficiency, friendliness and professionism. Job well done and I can't wait to return soon.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Lakeview Bistro at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel reviews archive.
- Great BrunchPattiDined on 6/15/2014I love to come for brunch. There is a wonderful variety of items and we even had a bit of wine tasting at our table which was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service! Kudos to Alfred!CoraVVIPDined on 6/6/2014Alfred was our server and he made sure that the bday celebrant in our party had a great bday that day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST MISSOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Westin should be ashamed of themselves to charge $35 per person for a brunch that is worth $9.99. While the staff is lovely, the quality of the food is atrocious. The menu advertises shellfish and what comes to the table is one very short snow crab leg section and 2 mealy 20-35 size shrimp. The beef is rare only because if they cooked it anymore it would be shoe leather. Obviously, the management decided that a "flight" of third-rate champagne - more like a puddle-jumper than a flight - and free parking for 2 hours was a better marketing tool than serving good food! Shame on me for choosing it!
- DinerVIPDined on 5/13/2014Delightful lunch entries on the regular menu, as well as the fixed price buffet. The buffet is spectacular and some wonderful cuisine is served here, including carved meats. The service by Alfredo and warm and inviting greeting from Monica was truly noteworthy. My experience was all about ensuring our lunch was the very best and this service clearly demonstrated that the focus of this restaurant is on customer service and ensuring the diners experience is something special. Special kudos to Alfredo and Monica for clearly demonstrating what customer service is all about.Special Features:
- Fabulous Mother's Day Brunch!VespaGirlVIPDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful time at the Lakeview Bistro. The setting was wonderful - we sat right next to the indoor ponds. The service was great - friendly and attentive staff. The meal was extremely reasonable and there was so much to choose from. The brunch was extensive - anything you can imagine was there for your choosing. I highly recommend this restaurant. We will certainly be going back!Special Features:
- A Nice Mother's Day Brunch/BuffetBananieVIPDined on 5/11/2014We thought we'd try a new place for Mother's Day and I found Lakeview Bistro on Opentable.com. There was a huge selection of food on the buffet, the food was fresh and hot. Our server was super. Will definitely come back. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Nice placeEasterBrunchDined on 4/20/2014This was a great place because it was not crowded and the food was delicious. I would like to see more main course meals beside breakfast. Maybe other American or ethnic dishes for example enchilidas, tacos, or ribs, chicken, beef, or other entres.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discovered "favorite" dining placeJackieJDined on 4/11/2014I went downtown L.A. recently on business and dined for the first time at the Lakeview Bistro at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel. The entire experience was most pleasurable. The service, ambience and food were outstanding. I had the Cobb Salad and my partner had the Salmon. We were both going on about how excellent our dishes were that we ended up sharing each other's lunch. The people at the next table told us that the Bonaventure was a great place for night life too. I do not live downtown, but the food was so delicious and the ambience so great, that my best friend and I are going there soon to try L. A. Prime and stay around for some nightlife. We just gotta check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!beightDined on 3/23/2014recently had brunch, had no idea they acutally did a brunch but what a pleasant suprise. I often each at the restaurant for lunch during the week and happened to be in the hotel over the weekend. I decided to have lunch but was pleasantly suprised with their great brunch. Live music and chocolates to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful fixed price menuDinerVIPDined on 3/18/2014Delightful fixed price menu for lunch along with items you can order from the menu. Good quality food and a nice selection of tempting entrees. Enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had lunch here with a businessDinerVIPDined on 1/21/2014I had lunch here with a business colleague . They have a wonderful, expansive and complete lunch menu. But, what was particularly noteworthy was the buffet. Wow. It was more then impressive. A nice variety of salads, carved meats, soups and desserts. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creating a New Christmas Tradition!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/25/2013It was wonderful to have brunch with my brothers on Christmas Day! Great menu, service and atmosphere to take in the charming beauty of the Bonaventure Hotel during the holiday season. I loved the smell and photo ops with the gingerbread designs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch spot!beightDined on 12/10/2013First time at Lakeview restaurant. The Hostess was extremely graceful, service was excellant and the food was delicious. I really enjoyed eating by the water. The restaurant has indoor lakes, very cool!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice buffetMae1Dined on 11/28/2013The Thanksgiving buffet was delicious--food was cooked well and there was a nice range of dishes to suit every palate. The service was attentive and friendly. I would have given 5 stars (and definitely for the savory fare 5 stars is warranted). Dessert was confusing as some of the signs didn't match the desserts, I didn't know what some of them were and a few were too sweet (a lot of dessert was wasted in other words as we wanted to try things) but otherwise it was great.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Excellent service and tasty food for the Thanksgiving Day Champagne brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thxgiving brunchvirtualvalDined on 11/28/2013Absolutely fantastic brunch- Deliciously prepared foods and great dining service. A plus all the way around !!!!Special Features:
- Aussie Family 1st ThanksgivingAussieLadyDined on 11/28/2013A great selection of food, displayed beautifully and cooked perfectly. The wait staff were very attentive and went out of their way to make the Thanksgiving Day experience one to cherish. The only small criticism is that maybe there could have been one dessert out of the six that didn't have pumpkin. Overall a lovely experience and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful surpriseLAInsuranceDined on 11/14/2013I chose the restaurant based on the menu and only found out it was inside the Bonaventure Hotel when we walked over. The food was very good (field greens with strawberries, candied pistascios, goat cheese with a vinigarette dressing and a bowl of sweet potato-apple soup). The service was attentive without being overbearing and the prices were reasonable for downtown Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for business discussionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2013peacefull and quiet..good for business discussion cus you'l lhave some privacy and not to worry about yelling so the person across you can hear you. Healthy selection from the buffet bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I didn't expect to like it so much.OverkaleVIPDined on 5/8/2013The restaurant is in a hotel lobby near indoor fountains and pools of water -- but.... it is quiet, lovely and very pleasant. So if you're looking for a cozy bistro, look elsewhere. That said, the buffet at lunch (I'm not normally an all you can eat buffet person ever) was really, really great! It had lots of healthy, beautiful and delicious salads and soups as well as prime rib. The buffet did not look picked over at all in spite of our being there at the end of the lunch hour. No pasta in sight -- which I think is great. Just clean, lots of variety, fresh and heavy on the healthy, California veggies. I was expecting "so-so" and instead, I've already recommended the place and will return.
- They had a special buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013They had a special buffet menu for marathoners which was very reasonably priced and the food was very good. I would recommend this place for the "carb load" meal before the LA marathon.Special Features:
- I didn't realize the eateryKatKDined on 1/25/2013I didn't realize the eatery was a hotel cafe--the description sounded like a restaurant next to the hotel. The food was fine, nothing special. The buffet was sparse, but nicely kept and again, nothing special. It was empty for lunch, but probably very convenient for hotel guests.Special Features:
- The first time we went there,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/12/2012The first time we went there, we ordered of the menu, and weren't too impressed. After going back and trying the buffet, we found a big selection of much tastier food. We are now planning to make this a regular place for lunch.Special Features:
- Server wanted us to have the148julesVIPDined on 11/24/2012Server wanted us to have the breakfast buffet but we wanted lunch and asked to be presented with lunch menus. He seemed perturbed and a bit aggressive. Otherwise a really good lunch despite mediocre service.
- good food value and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012good food value and excellent service. Sat next to the back bamboo which got me close to the music and let me watch the birds there.Special Features:
- A+ Thanksgiving BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012Thanksgiving brunch here was a food extravaganza in a relaxing setting. The water trickling in the small pools was relaxing. The live smooth jazz sounds added to the ambiance of the dinning experience.Special Features:
- Seared Salmon and CapresseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/6/2012Had the seared salmon which was very tasty! We also tried the carpesse appetizer which was good as well. My GF had one of their salads that was "ok" in her opinion, nothing special. I do recommend trying the salmon if you're a seafood fan.Special Features:
- lovely 49th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012I loved it so much the food was delicious, the service was excellent. I really loved that 94.7 the wave, was there with the live Jazz musicians. Thank you for the lovely experience.Special Features: