Lakeside Restaurant & Bar - La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
600 La Torretta Blvd.
Montgomery, TX 77356Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lakeside Restaurant & Bar - La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://latorrettalakeresort.com/eat-and-drink
- Phone: 9364483020
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room seats up to 16 people with gorgeous lakefront view.
- Private Party Contact: Heath Lagrone 9364483038
A word from Lakeside Restaurant & Bar - La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
Enjoy the beautiful sunsets over Lake Conroe while enjoying our signature pepper encrusted New York strip, barbecue glazed salmon, or garlic penne pasta at the new Lakeside Restaurant & Bar, the premier steakhouse of La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa. We feature an array of steak and fresh seafood, soups, salads, appetizers and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Lakeside Restaurant & Bar - La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa - Best Restaurants in Montgomery ›
Lakeside Restaurant & Bar - La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (47)special occasion (32)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Will definitely come back!ILoveShrimpDined on 10/11/2014Me and my wife were given a gift certificate to dine at Lakeside so we went for our anniversary. We made reservations so we were seated as soon as we arrived. The inside was very nice. Our waiter was awesome (he poured us some glasses of champagne for our anniversary). We didn't have to wait long for our food and once it arrived we were very impressed just by the presentation alone. The mango salsa shrimp and the sweet potato puree were delicious!! Wasn't the best bread pudding but I don't think we left any on our plate :-) Looking foward to going back VERY soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentLaTorrettazzDined on 10/6/2014In several visits, rating is always excellent. Consistently great food, excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Expecting much more!SeanDined on 9/25/2014It was our 16th wedding anniversary, and we wanted a nice restaurant close to the house. Started out fine…the complimentary wine was very good and the shrimp cocktail was tasty. After that it pretty much went downhill. My wife found a BIG BLACK hair in her chicken, a few bites in….and my steak was cooked on one side and RARE on the other. I like a nicely cooked rare steak but this was chewy and very tough! I only ate half of it, and it was a 26 dollars steak. Back to my wife’s chicken…The young waitress picked it up and said she was sorry, only to bring it back nearly 20 minutes later. At this point my wife wanted it to go. Never was there a mention of adjustment of the bill. We will surely remember this 16th!Special Features:
- Sunset Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Exquisite salmon and perfect ribeye as the sun set on my husband's birthday. Thanks for the beautiful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We will definitely be back the food was superb! The wait staff was very friendly. Great place to bring out of town guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunateJerseyGirl678VIPDined on 9/16/2014Based on the food and ambiance, this could be a wonderful place for a romantic or special occasion dinner on the lake. Unfortunately, the service left a lot to be desired. Considering the restaurant was almost empty, we waited entirely too long for just about everything. Having said that, the meal itself - both land and sea options - delicious. Our compliments to the chef. Definite potential here, if service improves.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time.MrsHendricksonDined on 9/16/2014We went there for a quiet get away for just my husband and I for his birthday. The staff was great in handling all of my surprises during the evening,(a special gift delivered at dinner and the Edible Arrangements I had them put on the bed for when we returned from dinner). We went to their steakhouse, and the food was just wonderful. We didn't get to enjoy the water park, but we look forward to coming back with the kids. Over all the experience was outstanding. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet retreat or for the whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lakeside @ la torrettaLove2dineDined on 9/10/2014The appetizer crab cakes were very good. The shrimp entree was satisfactory, but not exceptional. The side of asparagus was good as well. As for the view, a view over the lake would have been lovely, especially at sunset. However, we got there at dark and, since it's not lit up outside, you can't see anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 9/8/2014Awesome views and quiet. The challenge was the wait staff. The waiter that we received spoke very little English so when it was time to order he did not ask how we wanted our steaks cooked or what type of salad dressing we would prefer. We helped him out throughout the process and everything turned out fine. They need to be able to communicate....Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The staff was great and the pork chops were amazing. Just like all the reviews I read before booking the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodAustinDined on 9/6/2014We really enjoyed the service and the food was excellent. My only complaint would be that I felt it was a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views and atmosphereJct4Dined on 8/31/2014The view to the lake is amazing. Sitting in the restaurant while watching the sunset is amazing. You feel a peace and tranquility when at the restaurant. The food and service are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre, OverpricedHtownfoodieDined on 8/30/2014They dining room was a dingy, very outdated and worn. The food was acceptable (mushrooms, asparagus, pork chop and redfish) though, but the dishes were also quite outdated. I wouldn't even have minded that so much but the price was outrageous for the quality and cost added to the sub-par ambiance. We didn't have terrible service, but it was also very mediocre and the staff didn't seem to care and were very "humdrum". I definitely will not be returning.Special Features:
- OutstandingNDW1Dined on 8/29/2014This was my second visit and I dined alone for the first time , they made me feel special and warm. I would drive from Houston just to dine for the atmosphere. Keep up the great job!!!!. Ms.N.WilliamsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeDeDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant over labor day weekend....what a lovely experience! The sunset was spectacular along with the food! We had the crab cake for starters, then on to the pork chop.....wow...it was wonderful! Tasty, juicy, cooked perfectly! We hope to return soon.....Thank you for a fantastic evening at Lakeside!Special Features:
- Superior in-resort diningRancherDined on 8/26/2014This lake view in-resort restaurant has good food with elegant ambiance yet we were able to dress summer casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AprilSounddinersDined on 8/25/2014Three of our group had the prime rib Monday night special. The fourth had a filet mignon. All were accompanied by salad and a generous sized baked potato. The prime ribs were good, not excellent, but well priced. The six ounce filet was excellent. Our waiter, Chris, was attentive and very helpful with our wine choices. We selected from the wine list instead of taking the complimentary glass of wine, which came with the prime rib. There was no credit for the house wine we did not take, but the bottles we selected complimented our meal nicely.Special Features:
- hidden gemluv2celebrateDined on 8/23/2014LAKESIDE is a great restaurant connected to LaTorretta Resort. It has been a fun quick get-a-way for our family and just us as a couple. The restaurant is great, great view at sunset., the wine list is complicated, The premium wines are all French and very expensive as in $1,400.00 and highest was $4,500.00. We enjoyed a Birthday dinner with friends with a less than delicious California every day Cab. Such a let down. We were prepared to splurge on a Luxury wine! The sommelier was too busy to come to our table, so the hostess came and we learned nothing about French wines nor did we experiment buying an expensive wine without any guidance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at lakesidebigDDined on 8/19/2014The waiter was not an English speaker and it took away from the experience. I ordered a Dewar's on the Rocks, easy ice and it came with lots of ice. Then when we asked what the house Chardonnay was, he told us it was Pinot Noir Chardonnay, but it rang up as something else and was as expensive as a few of the individually priced and listed wines on the wine list. I would not have asked for the "house" wine if I was paying as much for it as a featured wine. On occasion I had to ask the bartender to get the waiter. Although he was polite, he lack of command of English was a negative to our experience. I think with proper training he would be fine. Lakeside is a nice respite in this area.Special Features:
- will be backwhazzatDined on 8/18/2014This was our third trip to Lakeside. I guess the third time is not always a charm. I had a filet and a friend of mine had a ribeye. Both were very good. My husband had the peppercorn strip steak which had grisle throughout and was on the tough side. We also ordered the mushrooms and they just were not what we expected. Texture was rubbery and a little too sweet. Our server was kind enough to remove from our bill. We will return again because as a rule the food haa been delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good for the areaLikeToEatDined on 8/14/2014We ate their while staying at La Toretta on a family mini vacation. The food was really good overall. The wine list was ok, not great but good enough. It's was kid friendly which was great for us, others looking for a more romantic dinner may not appreciate that as much. The setting is nice but could be much better with a little bit of effort by management. The windows look out over a nice lake sunset. Unfortunately on the patio between the restaurant and the sunset was an empty table with an electrical panel sitting on it, one chair, and a chair cushion on the ground. Minor detail but just a sign that no one is paying attention to the details. The service was very friendly but not as attentive as I would expect at this price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014our food was warm to cold when we were served.....seemed like they were overwhelmed.could have had more staff altho the staff that was working were trying to do their bestSpecial Features:
- not happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Waited over one hour for our food. Prime rib was tough and fish over done. Very disappointed but manager was very understanding.
- Must returnLJWEKWDined on 8/11/2014A great restaurant. Food is excellent ,wait staff is attentive, lake views are great. The quality of the food and service draw me back quite frequently. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night.arnmDined on 8/9/2014The best food - & the best bargain on food, simultaneously - at La Toretta. We had the filet mignon and 4 of the 5 desserts. All wonderful. They do chicken strips/fries for young children - and they were great w/our kids - but don't want to say "kid friendly" b/c w/any upscale restaurant one bad kid can ruin it all. We'd come from the resort in shorts/collar shirts/tennis shoes ... that seemed to be okay. Outdoor seating will be great in the fall.Special Features:
- will be backwhazzatDined on 8/6/2014This was our 2nd trip to Lakeside. We enjoyed each visit. The food has been delicious and the presentation is great. Prices are a little high, but worth it when you do plan that special occasion. The restaurant was spotless and service was great. They had a big group the night we were there, but was not intrusive. Parking is a problem. Very limited!!! Needs inprovement there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!lovegoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014Arranged Wedding Anniversary dinner for four and it was great! They were expecting us, and served the gratuitious champagne upon seating. The waiter was efficient, the food was very good, and the prices are very good. We watched the sun set and never felt rushed. We have found a new place to eat out and it's close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LA TORRETTA LAKE RESORTMMWUSHUDined on 7/31/2014FOOD & SERVICE EXCELLENT, NICE VIEW, BUT MUSIC HORRIBLE !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaTorrettazzLaTorrettazzDined on 7/30/2014Once again a delightful experience. Brad (new head chef) continues to prepare everything perfectly. Between Lydia, Brad and our server, Tiffany Lakeside runs like a well-oiled machine.Special Features:
- Poor, slow service, Rude hostessTerribleDined on 7/26/2014We found the hostess to be rude, the server was slow and inattentive and the good was only mediocre. They burnt my fish and it had to be remade (read: SLOW....) and then the second attempt was STILL overcooked and dry. I would never go back.Special Features:
- One change to menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great prices for a great restaurant. Location would require a kids menu. Had no children in our party, just my wife and I for our anniversary. Free champagne was a plea sent surprise. Would certainly go back tomorrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!DfwfoodieDined on 7/22/2014We sat in the private room right by the lake and had an amazing view while dining. The staff was friendly and helpful and made our dining experience special. Food was good for the price although not on the same level as a regular steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many kid for a romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014With this being the properties upscale restaurant we found it difficult to have a romantic dinner with multiple groups of children running around.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCat77Dined on 7/11/2014Filet was cooked to perfection. Vegetables were fresh and delicious. Cozy and beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at the lakewaldenfoodluvers1Dined on 7/7/2014Our dining experience at Lakeside Restaurant was more than we expected in all ways. The food, prime rib, was cooked to perfection and flavorful, the salad crisp with fresh dressing and the baked potato cleverly presented. The server were attentive and knowledgeable, a great value for a superb meal. We will be regulars and bring our friends too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Nice restaurant...excellent steaks...prices seemed a little high for what was served...Salmon portion size was very small...waiter said side dish portions were large enough to share...we didn't find that to be true....stuffed baked potato was not stuffed...Dessert selections were not great...Wait staff was friendly...a little inattentive...we enjoyed our meal...but definitely room for improvement at this price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014We had a delicious dinner here. Each of the 4 of us ordered a different entree and they were all delicious. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Great for dinnerLaTorrettazzDined on 6/30/2014Excellent dining experience. Food and service consistently excellentSpecial Features:
- Best place in the Lake Conroe areakd001Dined on 6/27/2014The food & the service was excellent! We’ll definitely be returning. Truly… the nicest place in the area – and we always highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- Great Food!!!26yearsDined on 6/25/2014We ate here for our wedding anniversary, they served us champagne. Service was good, food was very good. I had the salmon and mushrooms and my husband had the gulf shrimp with a potato. Key lime pie for dessert was the best. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the Lakeside Restaurant & Bar - La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reviews archive.