Lakeside Grille & Bar
105 Lakeside Drive
Ramsey, NJ 07446Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lakeside Grille & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ramseycountryclub.com/
- Phone: 2013270009x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30 -3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: James Burnett
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We are pleased to announce that we now have an off-site catering menu available. Please contact our Director of Catering for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: From graduation parties to anniversary parties, bridal showers, bar and bat mitzvahs, corporate functions and more, we can create an atmosphere perfect for your special event. At Ramsey Golf and Country Club, we feature three main dining rooms to host your affairs ranging from our Grand Ballroom with magnificent views of the golf course to our stone walled Abbey that overlooks Mirror Lake and our private Bradford Room perfect for intimate family parties or business luncheons.
- Private Party Contact: Director of Catering 2013270009x
- Entertainment: At the Lakeside Bar, we offer live entertainment every Thursday night at 7:00pm and every Saturday night at 8:30pm.
A word from Lakeside Grille & Bar
No matter the season, our relaxed yet refined restaurant is the perfect setting for a great meal. Dine with friends and family at our lively bar, near our cozy fireplace, or on our glass enclosed Atrium which overlooks our abundant grounds and golf course. Specializing in delicious homemade burgers, fresh seafood specialties and creative seasonal dishes, the Lakeside Grille establishes an inviting atmosphere for young families seeking a casual meal or fine diners seeking an elevated dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lakeside Grille & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (13)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)special occasion (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- EbblovesbrunchDined on 8/24/2014We have had Brunch here before and always enjoy it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ClubWhitebreadDined on 8/1/2014It is always pleasant to dine at the 'club', even though we do not live right there. The summer season brings the weekly 'nations' menu; this week was Romania. I enjoyed a grilled trout with meltingly smooth new potatoes.Special Features:
- Good stopwefamilee6Dined on 7/31/2014Really neat place, great service, and on a nice night, how cam golf course views not be considered besutifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehevebVIPDined on 7/31/2014Nice view though I wish the windows would be open. Food was okay. Chicken on sandwhich way too thick and lobster roll needs more mayo and less tarragon. Ample portions but nothing spectacular. Service was polite and decent enough. Okay for lunch when you just want to look at the greensSpecial Features:
- Golf course viewCarolADined on 7/29/2014Lakeside Grille has a lovely atmosphere, tho it can get a bit noisy. Tables overlooking the golf course provide a beautiful view. The trout was prepared well, and the pork loin portion was extremely generous. PRices to have increased significantly, but salads and sandwiches are always available too. My only 'needs improvement' comment would be that the hostess desk never gives a 'welcoming' attitude. I have been to this restaurant many times, but consistently get the impression that customers are a bit of an annoyance / inconvenience to the hostesses. A sincere smile and welcome would go along way to offset this impression.Special Features:
- Always excellentElainaDined on 7/20/2014Our go to place for great food. Menu has nice selection and for the summer different weeks have special items to celebrate different foods and countries. Hong Kong menu was excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotEnjoyingeatingout65inNJVIPDined on 7/19/2014We really enjoy coming for an early dinner during the week or as in this case coming on a Saturday evening with friends-excellent food, enjoyable surroundings with a view that gives one a feeling of dining out on vacation.Special Features:
- 2nd time here very nice hidden spotNJGumpDined on 6/25/2014My guest and I both had the Crispy Cod and we were both a little disappointed. The food was very bland. The first time I are here I had the meatloaf and it was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mlynch529Dined on 6/15/2014This was my first time and I will definitely be back!!! The staff was awesome and the food was great!!! My husband said this was the best Father's Day brunch thus far!!! I certainly recommend Lakeside Grille for Sunday brunch for the entire family!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kathVIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was pretty good, much better than expected. Dining room was full and extremely noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex Our WaiternofireplaceDined on 6/12/2014Outstanding young man-he was on top of everything. His service was attentive without hovering; he remembered who ordered what and was pleasant throughout our dining. The same cannot be said for the two young "hostesses" who seemed unable to decide whether to continue questioning a woman without a reservation or seat my party- though we arrived before and were told my name, # in party, time of res, etc. After waiting for them to decide who to seat first we were ushered to a corner booth for 6 people though 2/3 of the tables in the room were empty. We asked for a table (rather than the crowded booth) and were told "we don't have tables for 6, do you want us to put 2 tables together?" Duh. Yes,thanks Food and Alex made a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spot w/excellent foodEnjoyingeatingout65inNJVIPDined on 5/23/2014Located on the grounds of The Ramsey Golf and Country Club this casual dinning find is a place where you will experience first rate food(an early bird menu until 6:30 pm with good choices) and a golf course view that you can enjoy from this most interesting building with a local history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinnerdogdaysDined on 5/10/2014My family of four eat at Lakeside Grill often for dinner. Being able to get a reservation and the pleasant atmosphere are reasons we eat here often. The burgers and sandwiches are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Lakeside Grille & Bar reviews archive.
- A Pleasant ExperienceordinarypeopleDined on 4/29/2014My husband and I went to the Lakeside to participate in the Realsource donation night. We had never dined there before. We were greeted by a lovely hostess who promptly brought us to our table of our choosing, overlooking the scenic gold course. Rosa was our assigned server who could not have been a more pleasant person who emanates a caring for the patrons needs and tastes. She was most helpful and addressed all of our concerns making our dining experience an excellent escape from life's fast paces. We look forward to returning to Lakeside and bringing additional guests along.Special Features:
- Great PlaceElainaDined on 4/26/2014Nice place for dinner. Food was very good. Service was excellent. Noise level was a bit loud, it was hard to have a dinner conversation. It was a Saturday night and it seemed like we had a few loud tables around us. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and FriendlyKengineerDined on 4/4/2014This restaurant has been around for a long time. For most of it's life it has been the Grille room of a private country club. It's been recently reincarnated as a grill and restaurant with a lively bar. The food is more than adequate the service is very friendly and attentive and the ambience is really quite nice for a restaurant of this category. With live music often offered and a bar room filled with a happy buzz dining here can be a real pleasure.Special Features:
- Great nightGreatDined on 3/29/2014We went for my Husbands Birthday. We sat by the fireplace very cozy. Food was good. We will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRefinedPalateDined on 3/18/2014Very relaxing and wonderful food. The Cod Fish was tremendous, My husband and I (he gave me a bite) never had better! We can't wait to go back and bring our family! Early Bird Prix Fix special was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hostess without the mostessTmd12Dined on 3/16/2014I was there on a Sunday with my two grandchildren and the Hostess could not have been more bored and rude when she seated us. She should not be in a customer service industry. The service was slow and the food was bland. I would not go back due to the poor service and rude hostess.
- ok..honestlocalVIPDined on 2/15/2014nice atmosphere and they try hard The food is just ok, prices reasonable for a day with the kids maybe, or dinner with the grandparents :)Special Features:
- Nice evening outRutabagaSueDined on 2/14/2014Lakeside Grill was a great choice for an early dinner out on Valentine's Day. We arrived for 6pm and they offered an early-bird special which was well suited for our small party of 4. The server was excellent and we would return again.We were seated in a great location and not rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The all-you-can-eat SundaymoodyfoodyVIPDined on 1/26/2014The all-you-can-eat Sunday brunch at the Lakeside Grille is perfectly nice. There is a freshly made omelet station with many excellent choices (including bacon, sausage, cheese, and loads of fresh veggies), lox & bagels, pre-made pancakes and waffles, some lunch items, and, of course, plenty of Danish, muffins, and desserts. The brunch includes one mimosa or bloody Mary. While some of the items are far from top-notch, the overall experience is certainly satisfying.Special Features:
- Favorite Hang Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/17/2014We love this place! The food, the service, the proximity to our home, can't be beat. It's truly the winter doldrums when this place shuts down for two weeks after the winter holidays. But now it's re-open with the best band we've heard by do far, Far West Outfit." Live music on Thursday nights!Special Features:
- A Christmas CelebrationDinerDined on 12/17/2013Our "girls" group has been meeting monthly for 35 years, believe it or not! This was our annual Christmas dinner which was at the Lakeside Grill for the past couple of years. It was wonderful! Thanks for the memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/7/2013Outstanding experience with Lakeside. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and courteous, and the food was excellent. Prime rib earned particularly high marks. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst serviceSunnyDined on 11/10/2013Our server was abrupt and obviously not properly trained. He made us feel as if it was an effort to take care of our table. He would make a face at what we ordered because he didn't like it personally.after dinner he came up and said"you don't want dessert do you?" And then again made a face when we asked to see the dessert menu. We choose this place to take my inlaws for their birthday celebration. The evening thanks to our inept and rude server was no celebration! We would never recommend this restaurant to anyone! An F is what I would give them
- Specials!CEJJDined on 11/8/2013The specials are they way to go .. they never disappoint.
- Casual EleganceArlenaDined on 11/1/2013The menu selections are well prepared and wonderfully presented. Very attentive wait staff. Food is always good with choices that are predictable food standards and unique creations that vary over time. The setting is a warm and homey wood paneled setting overlooking the greens of the local country club. It can get a bit too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with in-lawsElkieDined on 10/19/2013Dinner out with parents and husband. All enjoyed their meals. Very good. Especially short ribs and shrimp with hush puppies. Nice atmosphere and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couples getogetherFriendsDined on 9/29/2013Good friends and we got together for lunch. A good meeting point for us. Very welcoming hostess when we arrived. It was the first time there for both couples and we found it to be delightful. Good food, service and great view. It will be our meeting place of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On this particular night,moodyfoodyVIPDined on 9/27/2013On this particular night, I ordered the meatloaf wrapped in bacon from the early bird prix fixe menu - I thought it was awful. My husband ordered the chicken francese which was soaking in cloying sauce. As the meals at the Lakeside Grille are very inconsistent - it is usually best to stick with dishes that are simple or tried-and-true. The atmosphere is always nice, and the service is always good - but the food is hit or miss. (If you make reservations through Open Table - make sure to remind them to mark you off as having honored your reservation).Special Features:
- The Ramsey Golf and CountrymoodyfoodyVIPDined on 9/11/2013The Ramsey Golf and Country Club features an all-you-can-eat pasta bar on Wednesdays. The choices are excellent, and the portions are so heaping that it is unlikely anyone goes back for seconds. Choices include: chicken, shrimp, meatballs, sausage, many different vegetables, several different pastas, and several different sauces. Well worth it!Special Features:
- you dont have to belong to eatQuicheDined on 8/31/2013Lakeside Grille and Bar is part of the Ramsey Country Club but you don't have to belong to the club to eat at their restaurant. My husband and I first found Lakeside out driving around; it was kind of late and we were looking for somewhere to eat. Nice place to eat with good food no matter what you choose. The only problem is that there is this family, I believe the same family twice when we were there who have these rambunctious kids that mess up the ambiance with their noise and their father constantly reprimanding them and one screaming and crying. I don't know how they come out to eat when their kids act like that and knowing they have no control over them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- came for entertainmentwillobeeDined on 8/24/2013music was much too loud acoustics were bad tv on behind singers seemed rude need to place entertainment in a different section of restaurantSpecial Features:
- Just about par for the courseNewbiesDined on 8/14/2013What spoiled our appetite was the super boisterous group at the next table that arrived within minutes of us. The service staff was helpful enough to move us quickly to a table next to the bar which was quieter and more in keeping with what one can expect at a private golf club. The food was good but nothing exceptional, nor was its presentation. So, all in all, a mixed experience.
- Dinner for 4DRED99Dined on 8/7/20133 of us had the Halibut special. It was fresh, delicious and plentiful. The 4th had a lobster and pasta dish that was a pleasant surprise. I wish there were more vegetables on the plate or included a salad. Fallen chocolate cake was delicious. Rice Pudding and Apple crisp were also good. Fish Specials are usually the way to go at the RG&CC. Waiter was attentive and very pleasant. We were in the atrium because we requested not to sit near a group who had young children. However, there was a group of Moms in the corner of the atrium who were very loud. Most annoying that they had no respect for others in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golf course restaurantRedeyeDined on 7/16/2013Very pleasant dining atrium with a good view of the golf course. Food and service very good. Overall a nice place for a relaxing lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two stars could be 3 or 4QuicheDined on 7/4/2013Found out that after telling them the name and time of reservation, they canceled our reservation on line. How ridiculous is that? When I called to find out why; the person I spoke to, instead of correcting the mistake said that she canceled us out of the system because the girl marked us as walk-ins. That's why the 2 stars. The food was good. We had the halibut with fingerling potatoes and corn on the cob. The fish was nice and flaky, fingerling potatoes seasoned nicely. First time for corn on the grill, it made it less juicy but still good. Husband had the french fries instead of potatoes and those are always good. He also had the apple crumb dessert which was more crumb than apples but tasty with what little apples he had.Special Features:
- This was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2013This was our first time dining at Lakeside Grille. The service was prompt and efficient and the food was delicious. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch was AwesomeMaryDined on 6/23/2013Had a party of 10 for Sunday Brunch. Huge selection of food, both breakfast and lunch, omelet station with chef making your omelet to order and lunch menu available if you didn't want the buffet brunch. All of the food was very fresh and prepared perfectly. It was a little warm at first but they quickly turned on air conditioning and it was quite comfortable. View of the golf course... just can't go wrong with this. Very relaxed atmosphere, never felt rushed and our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves even with a couple of picky guests in our party.... no complaints!Special Features: