Lakeside Dining Room - Hotel Eldorado
500 Cook Road
Kelowna, BC V1W 3G9Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Lakeside Dining Room - Hotel Eldorado
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eldoradokelowna.com/
- Phone: 2507637500x10
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Eric Pless
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ordinary meetings become extraordinary events lakeside at the Hotel Eldorado. The Sunroom and Great Room are both perfect venues for large receptions, presentations, business meetings, group dinners, weddings, and private parties. Our Boardroom and Mountain room are excellent for conducting business meetings, seminars, training sessions or private dinner parties. Whatever your needs are, our professional catering and banquet team will elevate your next function.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy sunsets and sweeping views of Lake Okanagan in the sun room, veranda, great room, terrace, or the southern exposure room.
- Private Party Contact: Dominique 2508696060x
- Entertainment: Friday nights are legendary at the Hotel Eldorado Lounge, join us lakeside for signature cocktails, share plates and dancing to your favourite hits from the past and present. Ask the locals, The Hotel Eldorado Lounge is the place to be Friday night in Kelowna.
- Special Events: Make the Hotel Eldorado your Kelowna destination for special occasions. The destination of choice for group dining and special occasions, Kelowna has trusted the Hotel Eldorado to make their special events memorable for over 20 years.
A word from Lakeside Dining Room - Hotel Eldorado
An evening spent in the Hotel Eldorado's award-winning Lakeside Dining Room will be an evening to remember. The Eldorado strives to take advantage of the Okanagan's bounty of seasonal and organic products provided by local suppliers. Boasting fantastically prepared AAA Angus beef selections, fabulous chops, Kelowna's most extensive seafood offering and an award-winning wine list featuring over 150 different labels - Nothing beats dining lakeside at "The El."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lakeside Dining Room - Hotel Eldorado reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (10)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (6)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Dine with FamilyKelownaKev2Dined on 10/16/2014I brought 2 out of town guests ... they had steak you could cut with a butter knife(1) while I had a delicious rack of lamb. Atmosphere was very nice and the food was fabulous. My guest left town saying this dinner experience reminded them of 'the' place to eat from back home. Definite recommend for a special evening out. (1) My guests original comment was, 'What, no steak knife ... unless the steak can be cut with a butter knife. Yes, indeed it can.' ... and he loves his steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Had lunch at the Eldorado with a table overlooking the lake... Service was great , staff very friendly and attentive... food was good...The view and meal makes it all perfectSpecial Features:
- Wonderful staff!yycoenophileVIPDined on 9/6/2014The staff here were awesome! From the valet boys to the hostesses to our server, everyone was pleasant and friendly. I wish that we had known there was a different menu between the Terrace and the Boardwalk though, I think we would have preferred the Boardwalk menu. The Caesar salad was delicious and my husband enjoyed his entree. My entree however, was far from good and left a lot to be desired. I'm hoping it was just an off day for that particular dish...it was awful. I might return, but I would sit on the Boardwalk.Special Features:
- OvercookedBackintownDined on 9/1/2014Steak was $44.00 and all three we ordered were way overcooked. Sides were bland.
- not impressedlotaluvDined on 8/23/2014The service we received was disappointing. We arrived on time for our reservation, checked in and were told they would clean a table for us. There were 4 tables perfectly ready, not all reserved, but we waited another 20 minutes to be seated. Then we waited another 20 min. before we decided to go to the desk to ASK for service. Tables all around us were being served. Servers were walking right by us with coffee urns but did not stop to ask if we wanted coffee. It was as if they had blinders on. Once we got our server, things went much better. One of our three orders was incorrect but was corrected fairly quickly. However, not a good impression, we will not return to this place. Also, our checkin was not reported to Open Table.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed ourselves at the Eldorado hotel after finding a suitable table. Can be loud if a wedding is on at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold foodjsdevDined on 8/6/2014We went for breakfast. Overall not bad but potatoes that came with the breakfast were cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 165 reviews are from the Lakeside Dining Room - Hotel Eldorado reviews archive.
- Kids welcomejancDined on 6/1/2014We had a family reunion brunch at the Eldorado recently and they were very accommodating. Our numbers ended up spilling over the initial 20 and the staff added another couple of tables. The young woman who served was very gracious and when it came to doing the bill she, without hesitation, gave one to each of the couples or individuals as requested. The food was delicious with a good variety of seafood, salads, omlets individually made, desserts and breads. Hard to beat the ambience of the old Eldorado! Sitting overlooking the lake on a beautiful, sunny Okanagan morning!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Main courses were a huge disappointment, however, the restaurant did try to salvage our meal with lovely desserts. The tastes were way off, plating was beautiful, but a chef that adds so many flavors to a dish to the point of ruining what you originally ordered must not be very confident in their skill. Pastries were bang on..appetizer was beautiful, main courses were terrible. Should have ordered a burger. Time to look for a new chef before the season really gets going!Special Features:
- What a great Brunch!luvstoxDined on 5/25/2014My family and I had brunch this sunday at the El Dorado in Kelowna. Although the selection was less than I expected, and that what I am used to for Brunch Buffets, the quality of the food, and the taste of the food was fantastic. It seems these days, we rarely have a positive experience dining out, it was sure refreshing to have such a great Brunch at the El Dorado. We are frequent fine dining customers and we find the service and food is rarely worth it. Not with the El Dorado! Fantastic food, great staff, and for a heritage building, it was extremely clean. What a great view too! Thank you El Doraldo for providing us with a pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summer romancecindyloo66Dined on 5/20/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary with a delicious dinner at the El. Excellent service and outstanding atmosphere with the open air covered dining, gauze drapery, and the glorious lake view. You must go here for a special occasion as it is a bit costly but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!saskatoonfoodieDined on 5/19/2014What a view!!! What wonderful food!! This restaurant is soooo quaint and the food and environment made us want to stay and look at the view past sunset!! Definitely and Kelowna gem! Thank you to the staff and chef for a wonderful eating experience.Special Features:
- Go for the food, but not the classtopnotchDined on 5/11/2014The food was amazing! props to the cook. food runners had no idea who ordered what and just put plates on the table and let us sort it out. 35min wait time to get our bill after we finished desert and drinks, nothing on our table but water glasses. the background music was 90's contemporary complete with the swear words. at $30 a plate and sitting in a high end establishment i expect a touch better.. i understand trying to attract a younger crowd, but class and service should not go out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night again at The ElBillandCharDined on 5/10/2014Lakeside at the Hotel Eldorado is always special! We had a marvelous meal starting with shared prawn fresh rolls, followed by halibut for a main course and profiteroles for a shared dessert. The food was outstanding and very nicely complimented by glasses of pinot gris and viognier. The view is always as good as it gets anywhere in the world, but this night was particularly special as the sunshine and blue sky was followed by a storm over the lake and then back to a lovely evening. The meal was beautifully served by Jennifer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A table with a viewGltterDined on 5/7/2014Exquisite dining set on the water front that offers views that one dreams about. Fun, lively place where the staff are attentive and friendly. A gem of a restaurant that fits the bill whether it is your first time or your 'go to' spot.Special Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/6/2014I booked this restaurant for my Moms 80th birthday. I was adamant that they know that i requested a window seat. I didn't think it would be a problem on a Tuesday night. But, just to make sure, I called the restaurant directly the week before the reservation. When we arrived, they could not even find the reservation so they had no idea of requests. However, they did seat us. Oh and by the way, they informed me that all the window seats were meant for only 2 people. They had nothing on their menu that interested us, so we left anyway. What a letdown. Would never recommend this restaurant. Kelowna has other great restaurants.Special Features:
- Mediocre ExperienceJamieDined on 4/29/2014Although we had a reservation we were told to seat ourselves. We asked for water and the server brought one, not two. We were not advised of the specials but overheard the same server explaining them to a table beside us after we had ordered. Server seemed distracted, uninterested.
- Brunch Quality has DeterioratedSnuggisDined on 4/6/2014We have been doing Sunday brunch at "The EL" for years. This time (April 6, 2014) was a disappointment. The food selection and quality seemed to have gone downhill. The carved roast beef in particular seemed to be very old and overdone. We will not be back.Special Features:
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Overall our stay at the ElDorado was great. We were there to visit long time friends and had them to dinner there with us on Friday night. The food was great. It wasn't a big wine night but the wine list looked like a good one. One thing though we must comment on. My wife and I had breakfast there in the morning which was very good. When it appeared we were done we were asked if was okay to clear the table. Usually it just happens. We were impressed. At dinner when were done and the table was being cleared our waiter took a wine glass with a small sip of wine left in the glass. We were not impressed. It did not ruin the evening. It will not stop us from returning in the future but it will be remembered. There are some great beers in the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations obviously don't workSheriDined on 3/9/2014Our server was very friendly - the quality of food wad pretty good. The selection was great. BUT even though we had reserved ahead of time on the "open table" site - they did not have our name down on the reservations . They did have an available table so we did get to stay for brunch. Of course we had to sit in the "family" area with many children.. and not at a table next to the window as requested. So this was some what a disappointment especially because I already reserved and they sent me two confirmations and yet, they did not have the name on the list... oh well. Next time I will call the restaurant DIRECT and not bother to use the "open table" site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favouritesHayywireVIPDined on 2/24/2014What can be better than looking out onto the lake while you have a great glass of BC wine paired with delicious food?Special Features:
- Nice quiet EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014It was a nice quiet evening on Saturday. The restaurant wasn't busy. Think this place is more suitable for summer dining on the patio. The food wasn't that great. Not much of a variety. Fancy ingredients and fancy names so if you are a picky eater this won't do for you. Definitely not suitable for children. Prices are pretty high for what you get here. but not high compared to other places.Special Features:
- Great spotgm89Dined on 1/22/2014The Eldorado is a great spot to drop in and grab a bite with friends or family. The menu has a wide variety of dishes appealing to many different tastes depending on your mood. Service is really good here. Overall a great spot !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013enjoyed everything food and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place indeed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2013Great place for a special occasion or simply when you feel like indulging a wee bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hotel is situated in aWIneCountryCrusaderDined on 9/4/2013The Hotel is situated in a perfect spot with a spectacular lake view. We went for lunch and the menu was good but a little less sophisticated than I was expecting. The price was reasonable so in that respect it meet my expectations for the value we received.Special Features:
- Great ambience!ckazDined on 8/24/2013A gem of a spot on the lake. Food and service are super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely waterfrontifizzellDined on 8/11/2013This restaurant on the shores of okanagon lake is one of Kelowna's finest. Our guest said it reminded them of the Bahamas. Whether you sit in or outside you have a wonderful view of the lake. The ambience indoors is great when the weather doesn't permit outdoor sitting. Food is lovely with some unique choices such as sablefish with soba noodles. Our service was also very good and all in all we enjoyed our evening of dining very much.Special Features:
- Great for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013Food, wine, service, and setting are lovely. Reservations highly recommended. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2013One of our favorite spots in Kelowna.....it doesn't disappoint. Could not get a better view.Special Features:
- My wife's B-DayDarcOneDined on 7/15/2013We sat at an outdoor dock side table. It was beautiful. The waiter also went over the top and arranged for us to order of the dining room menu. My wife had a steak. Presentation was nice, but the food was outstanding. I had the Scallops which were very tasty. Great spot for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was just recently at theidontfeellikecookingDined on 6/8/2013I was just recently at the Eldorado restaurant for brunch with 4 other women and my 4 year old daughter. After we made our order, it took over half an hour for our food to come out which felt like a long wait. I ordered pancakes off of the kids menu for my daughter. While the presentation was cute, it should be clearly noted on your kids menu that there are big chunks of berry in your pancakes. Most kids don't like full blown strawberries in their pancakes, my daughter included. If I would take her back, I would make a note to order plain pancakes. The food for us adults was excellent. If I had not had my daughter with me and been on a bit of a time schedule, my experience would have been much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lovely spot! GreatReimkinDined on 5/25/2013Lovely lovely spot! Great food, exceptional service! Fully recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere, food, and viewChrisDined on 5/6/201325 degrees, setting sun, gentle breeze coming in the large open windows looking immediately onto the lake...and we had just sat down. Mark and Vince were the two servers we met. And it got better from there. The tuna special was to die for. Intimate atmosphere on the lake. Ideal for impressing clients or celebrating an anniversary. This was likely our favourite food experience in Kelowna for all the reasons above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had one of the finest dinnerscaseyDined on 5/3/2013We had one of the finest dinners ever - fantastic service - an outstanding evening for our 44th wedding anniversarySpecial Features:
- Three strikes and you're out.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013Overpriced, limited menu, food good but not great, slow service. This was our third attempt and the best of the three. Asked for my $42 ribeye to be medium rare; arrived medium well. The first two dinners were disasters, bad enough that they comped the meals including the wine. Try another restaurant, as there are much better restaurants with better service for a better price.
- Just amazing!! The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Just amazing!! The food was a little pricey, however the gourmet style that is provided to you makes it worth it! Fantastic food and fantastic service. What a great way to spend my last night & meal in that beautiful town.Special Features:
- We had heard of the EldoradoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013We had heard of the Eldorado from friends who raved about it so my wife took me there to celebrate my birthday. We had the brunch and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. I have to say, it lived up to the recommendations. Friendly staff and good food. The omelet bar was great but could use more variety. Good coffee.Special Features:
- We were very impressed byOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013We were very impressed by the location and ambiance. The food was well prepared and served promptly. I did feel the cost was a little expensive but not gorging. Unfortunately it was dark when we started dinner but I'm sure the view is very impressive. We stayed at the hotel for the first time and will return to both the hotel and restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- Waiter was great. Lovely lakeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013Waiter was great. Lovely lake view. Delicious food. Would come again for sure.Special Features: