Lakeside Chophouse - Bayshore Inn
111 Waterton Ave
Waterton Park, AB T0K 2M0Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Lakeside Chophouse - Bayshore Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bayshoreinn.com/Lakefront-Dining-Room.cfm
- Phone: (403) 859-2211
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00AM - 11:00AM, Sunday: 7:00AM - 12:00PM
Lunch: Daily: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International
- Executive Chef: Robert Blaine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have a convention room in the Lakeside Chophouse and can cater functions up to 200 on or off site. With a large catering menu, we can make your next event a success!
- Private Party Facilities: We have private function rooms that are also located right on Waterton Lake with private patios! We cater for up to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Shie Hyland 4038592211x
- Entertainment: The Fireside Lounge & Wine Bar located in the Lakeside Chophouse has a variety of local live acoustic Jazz & blues music almost every night. For information on who is playing please visit www.waterton.ca
A word from Lakeside Chophouse - Bayshore Inn
The Lakeside Chophouse at the Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa is Waterton Parks only Lakefront dining and a must when visiting Waterton Park. We boast a large patio just a few meters from the shores of Waterton Lake. Every seat in the restaurant offers unparalleled views of Waterton Lakes and Vimy Mountain. The newly renovated chophouse offers an international cuisine that is sure to please any pallet and The Fireside Lounge and Wine Bar located in the Lakeside Chophouse has nightly live entertainment and TVs for watching the big game! We look forward to being your host upon your next visit to Waterton Park . We are conveniently located on Main St. For more info visit www.bayshoreinn.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lakeside Chophouse - Bayshore Inn - Best Restaurants in Waterton Park ›
Lakeside Chophouse - Bayshore Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (12)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Turkey on the WaterFussyDinerDined on 10/12/2014Absolutely fantastic Turkey dinner. Just the right amount of salads and sides to choose from. Quality was excellent as well as the service. In all a very pleasurable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced for mediocre foodKateDined on 9/5/2014Located in a resort town with beautiful setting on the lake, our expectations for a lovely evening were high. The wine list was nice and we enjoyed our selection. However, when we were asking our server about several possible entrees we were interested in, she basically advised us not to order 4 out of 5 choices because they were not good. We ended up with fillets with brandy peppercorn sauce which tasted like KFC gravy (which is ok for fried chicken, but not for a filet at $38!) NEVER going back nor recommending this place.Special Features:
- Good Change.LiketotrynewplacesDined on 8/31/2014Nice to see since our visit last fall the chophouse has updated the flooring and ceiling tiles. They were looking very tired. Our dining experience was also much better this go around.Special Features:
- DesperateLks47Dined on 8/21/2014We had difficulty findibg a nice restaurant in Waterton. Picked this obe because of laje vuew. Nousy but nice view. Waiter less than attentive. Food fairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view and delicious foodFoodieDined on 8/15/2014The view is spectacular in this bustling dining room. The waiter was efficient though he was very busy. The food was surprisingly good and full of flavour. The steaks seem to be a specialty and my husband enjoyed his steak. I had the short ribs and they were very tasty, not too fatty and the gravy like sauce was scrumptious. Our waiter helped us with recommendations. I was thinking of getting a Thai selection and he told me to go to a Thai restaurant for Thai food and that their beef was wonderful. He was right and we enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- DinnerblumDined on 8/9/2014Just be careful with filet mignon - you can get some end cuts pressed together instead of solid meat piece. That was disgusting. Wine list was much more better just a few years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food presentationeffaDined on 8/9/2014We would have preferred a window seat but they weren't able to set that up for us. Otherwise, this was an excellent experience in every way. Food was absolutely perfect in preparation and presentation, server was friendly and very helpful, and we were treated respectfully and professionally.Special Features:
- The following 38 reviews are from the Lakeside Chophouse - Bayshore Inn reviews archive.
- Great find.GatorDined on 7/23/2014Visiting from Naples Fl and was pleasantly suprised by this Northwest steakhouse. Don't miss the onion rings....best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bayshore dinningmikersaysDined on 7/20/2014What a great romantic get away in Waterton! What a hidden treasure and only 3 hrs from Calgary. So much more than Banff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning view - Good foodblainerDined on 7/19/2014The Lakeside Chophouse offers a wonderful dining experience to any special occasion. The mountain vista with the lake view is stunning to behold. The food is good but not the best I have had. I believe the chef missed the mark on some dishes as they were just ordinary and not what you would expect for a fine dining experience. I ordered the special filet but was served a NY strip in error. I ordered medium and the steak was well done. The service was very slow but I believe that is due to the many weddings that the Bayshore must accommodate and I was there on a Saturday which is busier as far as weddings go. I ordered the Key lime pie for dessert and it was served in a martini glass - not what I would expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Patio adjacent to the lake was lovely. Had the short rib sandwich - delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Means A Great Dealdaj1941Dined on 7/5/2014It was our last night in this part of Canada. My wife wanted this restaurant because of reviews and the setting. We had 7:15pm reservation. We were seated promptly and had a nice table. Our male server came to get our drink order. Then the wait started! Twenty minutes later I stopped a hostess and asked for some water. No water or drinks came for another 10 minutes. After that things got better. Our meal came out promptly and was good. Would I recommend the restaurant? Only if the service improved a great deal!Special Features:
- Chophosue Was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014The food was delicious, the service great, and the view beyond description. Will definitely try to go again next time I'm in town!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Disappointed with the quantity received for the price paid. There was confusion over our order, half of the order was lost and not realized til the first of our meals was coming out.Special Features:
- Excellent, friendly serviceBarnaby2youDined on 6/21/2014We love Lakeside Chophouse at the Bayshore in Waterton. Super menu, wonderfully friendly and attentive staff, and the food is very good. Loved the house salad and scalloped potatoes, and the filet was perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Great serviceamacdayDined on 6/21/2014We were a group of 15 (half adults, half small children) and the service was excellent. The food was very yummy as well. We were there for both supper, and breakfast the next morning. The breakfast buffet was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for two!ElGordoDined on 6/16/2014We reserved a table by the window and although it was raining hard, it was nice to be able to look out on to the lake. Shared the crab cakes for staters. My better half then had Caesar salad with chicken. I had the New York strip, cooked to perfection. We then shared the 'To die for' chocolate desert, it was correctly named. Overall a good experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and goodAnnickVIPDined on 6/9/2014I had the lobster penne and was plaisantly surprised to see THAT many lobster chunks, very nice, very tasty.Special Features:
- Think before you go to this one!MaxxDined on 6/7/2014The best thing about this restaurant is the location. It has an awesome view of the lake. but that's all. Our appetizer where o.k. My husband had the onion soup and thought that they just opened a can and nuked it. My calamari was actual good!.so now we waited and waited and everybody else was receiving there food and we were not. I picked up the desert menu and the next thing the waiter came over asking what we would like guess what I said>Dinner please! Eventually we received our dinner however my husband sirloin was so rare, full of sinew and still had the rope around it. My bison was so over done that it was like chewing leather.We both asked for medium rare!Such a shame as we really where looking forward to a good meal.
- You Gotta Eat HereSuzyQDined on 6/6/2014This was by far the most delicious meal my husband and I have eaten at a restaurant. We both had the braised short ribs with garlic mashed potatoes. Initially, I thought the serving size was rather small ( I was really hungry!) but it filled us up. Homemade apple pie and ice cream to top it off. Do not let these chefs go, you'd be hard pressed to replace them! Our server, from Australia, was so friendly, efficient and just made our dinner experience lovely. We would recommend the Lakeside Chophouse to anyone. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large groupNewlymarriedDined on 10/4/2013I booked rehearsal wedding supper for 20 people and 3 children. The servers were very kind and patient with everyone. Everyone was pleased with ther food and with the service. There was not a long wait for any food or drink. We Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentBJRogersDined on 9/14/2013We arrived 10 min before the reserved time they had no record of it. The hostess was able to find room for us but not on the patio. We were celebrating our anniversary and were planning to indulge ourselves. The server seemed uninterested or too busy to provide anything more than mechanical service. We waited 15 minutes to give our drink order. Our appetizer was served before our wine and for what we paid for our dinners ($40/plate) the meal was not impressive. The server had taken my fork after the appetizer and not given me a new one so my husband ate with his hands so I could use his fork. Watching the server interact with his other tables we could see that he was capable of much better service. Mediocre service and foodSpecial Features:
- nite outgrantjoniDined on 8/28/2013The experience was very nice as we were on our honeymoon. My wife's steak was a little over-cooked but that was the only negative we experienced as far as the food. The live entertainment in the lounge after tried to play some tunes they were not suited for but it was not terrible by any means. We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Not that goodEllenDined on 8/7/2013We had a Birthday dinner at the Lakeside Chophouse and it was not good. $29 for halibut that was a very small portion and over cooked. Dry rice on the side. I would not eat there again. However, the wild life was amazing to watch.
- Nice gathering placeFamilyDesignateDined on 8/3/2013We had a very nice experience here with our extended family group (21 people) offering extra challenges to the staff. Wait staff were patient and flexible, taking orders as people straggled in, bringing youngsters' food quickly, and dealing with changes and additions. We would have preferred having one or two large (long) tables, rather than the 5 smaller (though adjacent) tables, but we appreciated the problem of moving heavy tables. Food was good -- nothing spectacular but well prepared and presented. I did not order alcohol but those who did seemed satisfied. An error with coffee was cheerfully corrected. All in all, a very nice place to meet and celebrate the life of a recently lost family member.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome LambchopsBigDaddyDined on 7/27/2013Besides the great lamb chops, the rest of our meal was very good.Special Features:
- Mother's Day treatfaludafanDined on 5/12/2013Lakeside location gives this place an unbeatable view of lake and mountains in stunning Waterton Park. Later in Summer we love the hummingbird feeders. This time we stayed indoors (same great view) and enjoyed crab cakes,calamari and a hot 'n spicy Italian pizza. The salmon with parmesan/pistascio crust was a tad bland (basmatil rice side boring) but menu was pleasantly varied. Best part was that we didn't want the lavish Mother's Day buffet so the staff started kitchen service an hour earlier than planned just so we could choose off the menu. That's SERVICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2013My guy & I make regular trips to Waterton National Park and whenever we visit, we make it a point when it is open; to visit The Lakeside Chophouse. A year ago, this time the service, staff & food seemed to be a little sub-par; However since there has been a change to the menu, staff and management....things have improved 100% & then some. The food, the service and the friendliness of the staff, their knowledge in recommending dishes to try - simply wonderful. Job well done. They even went as far as to make my guy a burger that he requested, when we went for breakfast the following morning. Customer service is on point at Lakeside Chophouse! Enjoy, if you go and hopefully you will feel the same :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good resort-town restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2012Waterton does not have many restaurants but this one is very comfortable. Our server, Tyrone, was incredible and made every effort to make our dinner perfect. The food was very good although a little pricey - which is typical in an isolated resort town. The dining room and lounge could use a makeover as it is a little dated but other than that, it is exceptionally clean and comfortable. The only issue we had was with the servers at breakfast: they did not bring coffee around at all after the first cup and, when we would ask, they would come straight to our table and take the coffee back - they never offered other tables any. Also, the view from the dining room is amazing.Special Features:
- Wonderful lake view whileLiketotrynewplacesDined on 9/29/2012Wonderful lake view while dining. Family friendly restaurant. A must try while in Waterton!Special Features:
- Food was bordering on "institutionaMTfoodieDined on 9/8/2012Food was bordering on "institutional". The only shining redemption was the chocolate cake we had for dessert, which was fabulous.Special Features:
- Good food but left disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2012Choose the location based on seeing a delicious looking chicken option on menu posted outside. We waited 10 minutes for someone to our table, only to find out that the chicken dish I was craving, was sold out :( I settled on the halibut and although it was prepared fine, I was so let down by not having chicken, I couldn't enjoy it. The appetizers, crab cakes and onion soup were delicious as was my boyfriend's steak. However, I was surprised when our bill came, to see that birthday cake was not promo'd as is customary. A little disappointing considering I had mentioned this when I reservation. Good thing the red velvet cake was delicious!Special Features:
- The entire evening was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012The entire evening was very nice. The food presentation and preparation was second to none. If I can offer anything even slightly negative, it would be the food amount. I didn't have a large lunch for the sole purpose of eating an elegant meal in Waterton. I thoroughly enjoyed the salmon, but did end up leaving the restaurant still hungry after the 100.00 plus bill for two. I would definitely recommend the Bayshore but would offer the advice that if hungry?....not to order the salmon due to the quantity.Special Features:
- Brunch with a view!CreekerDined on 8/25/2012Had brunch on the patio with an outstanding view of the lake and mountains. Outstanding spot and the food was very good. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food and service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012Great food and service and the prices were spot on given the location was in a National Park. Nice way to top off an enjoyable day!Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012My husband and I booked a table here to celebrate our 17th anniversary, so we were dressed up for our dinner. Our waiter pretty much ignored us most of the night. We ordered drinks and applies - that went fine. However, when we ordered our second round of drinks, we had to wait 30 minutes for our waiter to bring them. We sat at the table, for 30 minutes, with no drinks, not even water, while our waiter gave excellent service to the only other two tables in the restaurant. We spent $150 on dinner, and it would have been higher if we had been happier with the service. While it did not ruin our night, I was rather surprised to be treated so poorly at such a nice restaurant , especially when it was clear we were celebrating.Special Features:
- We ate 2 evenings at the ChopsideSushiloverDined on 6/23/2012We ate 2 evenings at the Chopside and both evenings not dissapointed. Would definately recommendSpecial Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2012The food was great and the service was very kind & friendly. The patio looked wonderful but the weather was awful so we ate indoors.Special Features:
- $$ but not that muchPinkgooseDined on 5/26/2012not tthe best meat cut , small size meal for the price.Special Features:
- Nightmare Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2011When we first arrived it was crazy with people standing everywhere. We had a reservation and had to fight our way to the front and call out over the crowd we had a reso. This particular evening we were looking forward to a nice romantic evening...it was loud I don’t think there was a second a child wasn’t screaming or crying. It took about five minutes before anyone even came to our table to offer us a drink. When they did finally come we were told they were out of the wine we requested and gingerale. There were unlit oil lamps on the table where the oil had spilled on the inside and had many dead bugs floating around in the oil. I had to move it to a different table as I couldn’t stand staring at them while eating.Special Features: