179 West Wisconsin Avenue
Pewaukee, WI 53072Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lakefrontgrille.com/
- Phone: 2626910200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Closed During Winter Months.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full on-site and off-site catering. On-site we can accommodate anywhere from 2-150 guests. Off-site we can accommodate whatever your catering needs may be. In addition we can work directly with you to create a menu to impress.
- Private Party Facilities: The Rhino Room was designed with your gathering in mind: our beautiful Lakeview dining will impress your guests. Seats 55 people for sit down dinner and up to 100 people for cocktails and hours de vours. Adjacent to the Rhino Room is our Wine Tasting Room, available separately for smaller gatherings for up to 16-24. The Rhino and wine tasting rooms are available separately or can be opened up in to one large dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Jen Lobb 2626910200
A word from Lakefront Grille
Lakefront Grille. Business diners, families, a night on the town...we are the place for you! Enjoy the beauty of Pewaukee Lake with fantastic food and amazing service without the price tag of a fine dining restaurant. Our Rhino Room, located on our second floor, is available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lakefront Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- This was our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013This was our first visit. it was great to be able to book the reservation online. once we arrive we were seated immediately. the seating in the back of the restaurant was not optimal however if we were seated closer to the front entrance ce it would have been too loud hold a conversation. overall experience was excellent. The food and the service was outstanding. we even received a free dessert with a candle on it for my husband's birthday.Special Features:
- Food, service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Food, service and atmosphere are wonderful. A great place to visit.Special Features:
- Menu selections seemed limited.....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Menu selections seemed limited.........otherwise a nice experience. We will be back.
- Just being picky?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013The mac and cheese needed to be creamier. It was a bit "soupy." Also, I would highly recommend different "uniforms." The staffs' attire is incongruent from the feel of the restaurant. I somewhat felt as though I was lunching at a public golf course, when really I was supposed to be having an intimate dinner. The fireplace and view gives off a romantic vibe, but the staff--although very pleasant--do not look the part.Special Features:
- Overall I was a little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Overall I was a little disappointed. I had a party of 8 and if I would have been aware of the size of the restaurant I never would have made the reservation there. It was pretty cramped and we were at a long table which made it very hard to carry on conversation. Also, they said they would have our table ready and set by the time we got there and it wasn't. There were still people eating at the table when we arrived. They even called me an hour in advance to make sure our party was still coming. The small plates were very good and everyone was pleased. Our entrees however were a little disappointing I ordered the perch which I felt had no taste and a girlfriend of mine had the steak which was way overcooked!Special Features:
- The service was a bit on theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The service was a bit on the slow side, food took a long time to come. It was very noisy and hard to have a conversation at the table. The Friday night fish fry was very good.Special Features:
- Serving was plentiful, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Serving was plentiful, but fIsh had more breading than meat.
- Our food and service was justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Our food and service was just okay. We enjoyed the pork egg roll appetizers, and the seafood bisque. I ordered the flatbread pizza and was not recommend it. To call it pizza is a bit of a stretch. It's more like pizza toppings on a soggy cracker. I ended up pulling off the toppings and eating them alone, and the toppings themselves were lacking. Hubbie got a hanger steak sandwich. He said the steak was good, but the onions were over-poweringly sweet. The service was just okay, and I felt that we got less attention from our server bc we were not having drinks with our meal. I think it's probably a better place for a light dinner in the summertime when you could enjoy the view and small townie feel.Special Features:
- The only bad thing about ourOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/1/2013The only bad thing about our experience is that we had to wear our coats throughout dinner. The restaurant was cold...every time the door opened, the temperature dropped .Special Features:
- Lacking.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Very casual, not a place for a quiet romantic dinner but okay if you have kids and want to get out of the house. Food experience not the best. Margharita pizza 'drizzled' with a balsamic reduction was soaked in it ruining the great crisp crust. Asked for side plate to rescue my food. Server asked it helped, I said no its already soaked & she offered to have it remade. Still too much imo. Husbands steak sandwich was good if you like med. rare. Weren't asked how we wanted it done. Soup spilled over onto the serving plate and was served with a sorry about that response. I recommend a seat away from the door. Very very drafty in the winter. Door seemed to swing open and not close when the wind got hold of it. I probably would not return.Special Features:
- Happy We Tried It!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Overall, a very pleasant surprise. We always try new places and are most often disappointed. This was very good. We ordered a variety of food and everyone was pleased. We will go back!
- This was at least our 8thOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2013This was at least our 8th time at Lakefront Grille since it changed from Piano Blue. We love the change! Very good food at reasonable prices. We like the new items that were recently added by the new chef. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- My wife and I were lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2013My wife and I were looking for a nice place to have dinner without the kids. We reviewed the menu online and determined that we would like to make a reservation. I particularly liked the ability to make the reservation online which was very convenient. We are familiar with the Grille due to living in the Pewaukee area, however had not made it there until recent. Food was good, service was great and quick. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Food was ok, but it was COLD.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013Food was ok, but it was COLD. We were 5 so I think my burger and fries were sitting On the side, waiting for the other plates to be finish. Dind't enjoy cold burger and fries.Special Features:
- Nice place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/8/2013Server was very nice, attentive. Food was good! View of the lake - can't beat it. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinner on Newblueh20Dined on 12/31/2012Enjoyed our dinner on New Year's Eve. Will go back to try full menu. Service very good and attentive, but not annoying! Looks like great for summer outside dining.Special Features:
- OK place but don't expect too muchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012A little over priced and noisy. Staff was polite and attentive, but did not create that special dining experience. Although it is advertised as a fine dining establishment, it still felt like a (fine) bar environment.Special Features:
- We dined at Lakefont GrilleddputzDined on 12/31/2012We dined at Lakefont Grille New Years Eve, and a special menu was being served. The dining room was not too full, but the noise level was quite high. The restaurant could look into ways to help absorb the sound. We have eaten at Lakefront Grille before, for brunch and dinner, and would rate them a 4 out of 5 on those visits. The sandwiches (especially those with beer braised onions) were good, as were the breakfast dishes. From the New Years Eve menu, we enjoyed the seafood bisque and my seafood saute with orzo, but the filet that was ordered MR came with very little pink in the center, and the potatoes could have been "kicked up" a bit. Overall, good service, great location, good (not great) food; we'll try them again another day.Special Features:
- While the restaurant wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/26/2012While the restaurant wasn't too busy, we had to wait a significant time for our appetizers. Additionally, one of us received the wrong entree. Finally, the perch entree was very bland. I want this place to work, but we won't be going back.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Excellent food and service.very comfortable atmosphere also.Special Features:
- Excellent food, very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Excellent food, very attentive and kind staff. Nice view of the lake and well-done interior. We loved it and will be back again.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012Excellent wait staff, good food, medium sized portions. I will return.
- Came for fish fry. Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Came for fish fry. Excellent! Every one at our table (7) commented on how good it was, even the potato pancakes. Our only suggestion is ...you need more tap beers. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food lover (:OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012So, I'm a pretty big foodie. This place impressed my quotes bit, our drinks were very good. I would suggest to go when you are not in a big rush, we'll no rush at all...while our food was served promptly....others' food was not. We witnessed 2 tables walk out to not receiving their dinners for 45+ minutes! One a father & daughter, the other a family of four. So make sure to keep in mind that food will take awhile if you decide to go. I had the Friday fish fry.....YUM! The fish wasn't overcooked, the waffle fries were very hot and crunchy as well as the cole slaw wasn't soupy...I hate soupy coleslaw! All and all I would recommend it, just keep time in mind like I said before!Special Features:
- I was very pleased with theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2012I was very pleased with the menu options and how the server was willing to make my dish to order. I went with the blackened tilapia tostadas. Minus the cheese and aioli on the side, this was an extremely tasty and wonderfully grilled piece of fish. The entire dish was delicious. The pico was fresh and the fish was tender. I would order this starter as an appetizer again and again. I did dip my fish in the aioli, and I found it to be better than versions I have had at other restaurants. It was rich, with a robust garlic flavor that was just right, not overwhelming. I am looking forward to returning to try the scallop tostadas!Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012This place had microwaved steak, mushrooms from a can, cold overcooked vegetables and our waitress was clueless. She forgot our food, had her back to us most of the night and paid very little attention to us or other tables. The biggest insult was the steak that they charge over $20 for but put in the microwave to cook/heat up. It was embarassing to get a crappy steak with canned mushrooms poured over the top. Not going back...ever.
- Friday Fish FryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2012My wife and I both had the Friday cod fish fry. I also added a cup of lobster bisque. This was the highlight of the meal!! Excellent with a lot of lobster. I had high hopes for the fish, however we were both disappointed. The beer batter was very salty! The fish filets were thin. Not characteristic of other cod fish frys we've had. The potato pancake was good as well as the cole slaw. I was bit surprised the dinner did not include bread!? Our waitress was very average. She didn't add much to our dining experience. ISpecial Features:
- Tom HacklOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012This is at least my 6th or 7th time at Lakefront Grille since it changed its name and menu from Piano Blue in May of this year. I truly enjoy the change. Piano Blue was very nice, but quite pricey and in that $$$ range there are a lot of dining alternatives. I think Lakefront Grille provides great food, an excelent value and a very nice view of Pewaukee Lake. We are alreay planning our next visit for November 3rd with a party of 7. I also like the on-line reservation service the Lakefront Grille provides.Special Features:
- ENCOREOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Enjoyed our dinner on Saturday evening. As a result of our experience, we took some out of town guests there on Sunday afternoon and were able to sit outside for lunch and enjoy a beautiful fall afternoon. The food and service was fine. These were our first two visits to your restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2012Nice ambiance, service was good. Most liked their meals accept my steaksandwich was chewy and tough. Would go there again.Special Features:
- Excellent Changes in past 4monthsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012I'm very please that Piano Blue changed its format and became Lakefront Grille. It always had excellent food, but it was quite expensive. As Piano Blue, we dined there 2 times in 5 years. As Lakefront Grille, we have been there at least 6 times in the past 3 months. The food and atmosphere remains excellent, but the prices are remarkably more affordable. Keep up the great work and reasonable prices!Special Features:
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012The food was good, but the dining room was VERY loud.Special Features:
- This was our first visit sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012This was our first visit since the change over from Piano Blu. The atmosphere is more casual and family-friendly and the prices quite a bit lower. Our diners were very good (BBQ Pork Egg Rolls, Lakefront Beach burger and Lakefront House flatbread pizza) and the service excellent. We also enjoyed the view of setting sun over Pewaukee Lake. We will definitely be back for the view and the food. The specialty drinks weren't bad either.Special Features:
- We had reservations and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2012We had reservations and were seated promptly. Server was friendly and efficient, but the overall food experience was really averge...almost too many items on menu; nothing stood out. If you're going for lunch, okay, but it's not a dinner place anymore...Special Features:
- First time at Lakeside andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2012First time at Lakeside and it was a great experience. My friends and I loved the food and the service was great. We did have inside seating via our request but thought at another time we may try the outside dining. Great Time.Special Features:
- It was our first time visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012It was our first time visiting Lakeside Grille with another couple. I ordered a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich that the waiter said was his favorite menu choice. It arrived cold and hard along with cold fries. My husband felt his fish dinner was very average and neither of our friends cared for their meals and asked for a container to take them home. We live in the town of Delafield and were hoping for a new dining option close to home. Sadly, we won't be back.
- Just a good experience overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Just a good experience overall - on a night we just wanted to have a quiet dinner and conversation.Special Features:
- Hot and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Food was Hot and delicious! Our recent restaurant experiences at other locations left us disappointed sometimes on both accounts. Tasty, perfectly portioned, aromatic! We love to dine outside and a view of Pewaukee Lake never disappoints.Special Features:
- Bright nice decore. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2012Bright nice decore. Food was very good everyone in our 5 people party was pleasedSpecial Features:
- Outstanding food and value.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012Service was a little slow this night. They appeared to be shorthanded at the bar and with waitstaff. However this is my second time here and the food was outstanding both times. For this particular event, we had a party of nine. Everyone raved about the meal. I will return for sure. RichSpecial Features: