Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
One Lake Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.broadmoor.com/lake-terrace
- Phone: 8663818432x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Haga
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live piano music at Sunday Brunch.
A word from Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
Nestled alongside Cheyenne Lake, the elegant Lake Terrace Dining Room offers a traditional breakfast menu Monday through Saturday (walk-in basis only), and also hosts our elaborate Sunday Brunch. Featuring over 100 enticing items, elaborate ice sculptures and live piano music, The Broadmoor's Sunday Brunch offers the type of unforgettable culinary experience you would expect from our award-winning Colorado Springs resort. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (43)special occasion (37)scenic view (22)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (11)romantic (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food offering selections were excellent and varied. The overall dining experience was extremely pleasant and enjoyable. Certainly a reason for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!TheFinerThingsDined on 7/20/2014We booked this reservation for a special occasion and it certainly didn't disappoint! Our wait staff was gracious and unobtrusive, the room was elegant and the food was exquisite! Next time, we'll stay overnight in the hotel on Saturday, enjoy the grounds (with picture-perfect views of the mountains and serene lake) and then sit down to a leisurely Brunch on Sunday morning. It's expensive, but well worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oknewbeeDined on 7/6/2014Not that the brunch was bad but it was not outstanding. For the price I would have went to a nice restaurant for lunch and had a hot dish I chose over luke warm options that were a bit dry and boring.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchJerseygirl55Dined on 6/29/2014Very welcoming. They accommodated us beautifully. One of our party arrived late. No problem. Excellent food, excellent service! I've been in food service industry for 40 years. The best! Thank you for a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Great ExperiancePhilDined on 6/29/2014Was visiting Colorado Springs and treated my mother and sister to the Sunday Brunch. All of use us thuoghly enjoyed the excellent food and will diffently return the next time I am in Colorado Springs.Special Features:
- Elegance, as expectedchauckDined on 6/22/2014We don't dine out often, and the Broadmoor is a rare treat for us, but that's exactly what it is ... a treat. The expected factors never disappoint - the surroundings are beautiful and elegant, the food is marvelous, and the staff is wonderful. It goes without saying that the food is terrific, especially the desserts, but the staff truly make the experience memorable. The staff is courteous, helpful, and very friendly. They make you feel at home within the opulence of the Broadmoor, rather than just a visitor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonisityDined on 6/8/2014Long line in ladies room. Had hard time getting out out of middle bathroom. Door knob was not working. Loved the view of lake. Gave us cheesecake for our 30th annivsary, what a wonder surprise. Made us feel special. Hard to get through tables and chairs. The shrimp was biggest I every seen. All the staff answered all my questions and offered to walk we there. I liked that, I get lost Easily. It was our first time there. We would like to come back some day.Special Features:
- Best food ever!SpecialoneDined on 6/8/2014Have been here many times over the years, it is a special place for our family. This time the food was even better than usual...everything was amazing. My favorite place in Colorado!Special Features:
- Family gatheringTuckerDined on 5/18/2014We didn't want to leave! The grounds made for a wonderful scenic stroll, the food was beyond words and the service was pleasant as usual. We can't wait to do it again!!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Make sure you check out everything they have to offer before filling your plate as there is NO WAY you can taste everything even though it all looks and tastes fabulous. Great place for special occasions - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, wedding groups. Take time to walk around the lake after your meal, and if you are only there for a meal, walk around the hotel as well, do some shopping, too! The staff is so helpful and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchxpnsivebutxclntDined on 5/18/2014Our Sunday Brunch experience was excellent as usual. The food selection was outstanding and the presentation and taste of every item was impeccable.Special Features:
- great. ..but a but disappointedenjoyedDined on 5/4/2014Hard to meet expectations as hotel has set them high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchwheelchairsetupDined on 5/4/2014Stunning as always at the Broadmoor Sunday Brunch. Reservation was made requesting a table on same level as food since one person in my party is currently wheelchair bound. That request apparently never got to manager on duty on day of the brunch. However when confronted with the situation when we arrived, manager and waitpersons immediately took action to set up a table for us on the food level so handicapped person could easily select herself the food she wanted rather than having someone get it for her. Kudos to manager on duty and waitpersons. Brickbats to Reservation Office. This is the Broadmoor folks and as normally is done, everyone needs to follow up to ensure everything is and remains 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!rockymtnbelleDined on 5/4/2014For once, "everyone" is right - you haven't had Sunday brunch until you've had it at the Broadmoor. The food is amazing and there's so much more than the usual omelettes, bacon, and home fries (although they were delicious, too!). Where else do you see lamb, pork, extra-jumbo shrimp, and oysters on the half-shell? Or made-to-order sweet AND savory crepes? The dessert array alone is worth the price. As if that wasn't enough, the service, from the valets to the wait staff, is impeccable. You're treated like royalty every step of the way. I had asked for a "special" table if possible since it was my daughter's 21st birthday, and not only was that honored, but they even presented her with a special birthday dessert complete with candle.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The food was amazing! It was a great place to go with a small group of friends. Due to its price, not likely we will go again, but definitely glad we went. My only complaint was having to wait for a table for about 15-20 minutes even though we had reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadmoor Sunday BrunchGP2013Dined on 5/4/2014Broadmoor should be Broad--MORE. As in more food than you can dream of. OMG ! I didn't eat for a day and a half. Everything was soooo good. Worth the money. Treat yourself!! you will NOT regret it.Special Features:
- Excellent quality foodDodoDined on 4/27/2014The Sunday brunch at Broadmoor was fantastic. The food was good quality and warm. The atmosphere was vibrant. Lambs shops were the best ever.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a 70th birthday, SundayREBADined on 4/13/2014Enjoyed a 70th birthday, Sunday brunch there. Food and service were both worthy of the Broadmoor. Excellent . Can not wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 40th Anniversary (1974 -2014)KHB4everDined on 4/6/2014The Broadmoor is a true gem, a wonder to behold, and a national treasure. Lake Terrace is a key part in making the venue a wonderful experience. Suffice it to say that our "overall experience" was superb in so many ways. The Lake Terrace Bruch experience was the best of the best (food, service, & ambience). Focus on who you came in with and everything else will come together. Let The Broadmoor know what you are celebrating and they'll make it that much more special. Request a table for two facing the lake and make it a romantic experience. Keep it simple, keep God, love in the equation and you absolutely can't go wrong. We'll be back, God willing... Rod & LindaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor reviews archive.
- They've Lost a Step5StarDinerDined on 4/6/2014While the Broadmoor is still a "Good" Brunch, it appears to have lost a step in the overall quality of the lunch. The fish and chicken quickly dry out under the heat lamps. The ambience is still very good. Maybe we've grown accustomed to looking for something a bit unique each time we go.Special Features:
- Unbelievably Great BrunchBTC15Dined on 3/30/2014The ambiance inside the Lake Terrace Dining Room matches the traditional architecture and design for which the Broadmoor is known. Live piano music accompanied fine linens, high end silverware, and a view of the mountains and lake. There were so many food stations that it took two laps to decide how to attack. A number of items were decadent, including the caprese salad, biscuits and gravy, crisp bacon, waffles with smashed Heath bar, pastries and fruits of all varieties, deserts, ham, pork, and numerous lunch dishes. We waddled out of the brunch buffet with huge smiles on our faces and neither of us were hungry until 7pm that night. This place is perfect for special occasions or when you don't mind splurging on brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationMamaduckDined on 3/30/2014We were celebrating my mothers 84th birthday and our 45th anniversary. And our celebration was perfect. They even acknowledged our special occasions with a small dessert. Thank You!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014We always try to take any out of town guests here for the Sunday Brunch. Always impressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch AroundFuneralguyDined on 3/9/2014What could be better than time with family and friends at the famous Broadmoor Resort. This was our first time having the Sunday Brunch and we will definitely be back. The service was of course exceptional and the food delicious. So many items to try and the desserts are out of the is world. We went purposefully for our daughter who is a Baking and Pastry student at Johnson and Wales University. Needless to say it just made her more confident that she is going in the right career path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as good as last time.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2014Roast beef was dry. Many main dishes had gluten, & unnecessarily so imo. Tremendous service as always. Really wish they wouldn't call to re-confirm & require that I call back. If they'd just tell me if we're not there within 15 minutes of our time we'd lose our table that would be great. When I called back was on hold for at least 10 minutes. Annoying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFlorenceDined on 2/16/2014Try for a table with a view of the lake and in the fountain room,better for hearing the piano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful, Delicious & RomanticNortheasternerDined on 2/16/2014Great Brunch! Good value for price. One of best brunch experiences we have ever had. Not to be missed if visiting or a local. Even had an allergen station with foods prepared without most allergens. Historic gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDJCantonDined on 2/16/2014The Broadmoor Sunday Brunch was wonderful. The service was stellar. The food exceptional. The Brunch crowd was light so we were seated quickly and visiting all the food areas was easy. Will definitely return for the Sunday Brunch in the future.Special Features:
- Great time celebrating.droccoDined on 2/9/2014My husband I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Sunday Brunch on 2/9. It was very relaxing, we could take our time, the service was outstanding and the food selections were the same, as well as delicious. Thank you.Special Features:
- This is the fourth time weOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014This is the fourth time we have eaten at the Broadmoor Sunday Brunch. We went to celebrate Valentines Day. The Sunday of Valentines Day was already completely booked, so we went on the 9th. We arrived at 11 a.m. and were just delighted from then on. The atmosphere was excellent and the food layout was exceptional with both a buffet and served items. The menu was varied and had plenty of options from biscuits and gravy to oysters on the half shell and it seemed everything in between. Nothing seemed greasy or hastily thrown in a pan to fill the buffet like many other places we've tried.The service was excellent and we never had to ask for anything. I highly recommend this Brunch to anyone, specially if you are celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceShortyDined on 2/2/2014This was a wonderful place to dine. Had everything you could possibly want to eat. Breakfast or lunch, easy choses and lots of different types of foods. Thank you for taking excellent care of our family. They paid for the room for our 50th anniversary and we paid for our family at the Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadmoor Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2014It is everything you would expect from a 5 star resort and everything other brunch locations should aspire to become.Special Features:
- First TimersMandiBluEyesDined on 1/26/2014For our first time dining with you we truly enjoyed the experience. My husband and I are planning on making it a monthly ordeal as a date. This is special for us since we have a newborn and the experience and food was amazing enough to repeat monthly (only because of our budget).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elelgant BrunchphllysweetDined on 1/26/2014When my in-laws came to visit we took them here for Sunday brunch. It was a first for all of us and it certainly measured up to the hype. Our most difficult decision was to decide whether we wanted breakfast food or lunch/dinner food. After tasting a little bit of everything we had to try the desserts. Thank goodness we did, because they were absolutely decadent and in perfect bite sizes so that that you can try more than one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunchMTD805Dined on 1/19/2014Very extensive selection (4 kinds of smoked salmon alone!), including some traditional staples (carving station and omelet bar), as well some unusual choices (sweetbreads and cheeseboard). Amazing variety of desserts and bread/pastries offered. Will definitely return, if given the chance.Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunchkerbear2Dined on 1/19/2014The selection of food choices at this Sunday brunch was absolutely spectacular. Utterly jaw-dropping in the quality and selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a brunch experience2birthdaydineDined on 1/19/2014My only experience with the Lake Terrace at the Broadmoor was the Sunday Brunch, and I am pleased to say it was the most impressive brunch I have ever been to. It was superb in every way from the number of choices (truly daunting) to presentation and the quality of the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Best Place for Sunday Brunchnorwich1977Dined on 1/19/2014The Broadmoor is a great place for a family celebration - we just celebrated my Son's 23rd birthday there. Sunday brunch has so many choices and the quality of the food is excellent. There is no pressure to leave so you can eat your fill. You can make healthy choices or not - it is up to you! And if the weather is nice you can take a stroll around the lake to work off the calories. We have been coming to Sunday brunch off and on for over 25 years and have never been disappointed. The Broadmoor is our favorite place to eat and I highly recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadmoor's Lakeview TerraceGr8fulhi10Dined on 1/19/2014These days the view is marred a bit by the hotel construction (west) but that cannot really spoil such a delightful experience. Our biggest challenges were to limit our choices then take just a small bit of the many many delicious choices offered. Service was as expected...gracious, unobtrusive yet extremely attentive. Presentation and variety were superb. Plenty of delicious deserts as well in small, beautiful portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvelkyluvelkyDined on 1/5/2014The food was very good, and the decor in the room was beautiful. The piano music was too loud, and the staff kept taking our plates even though we were not finished eating. It was very uncomfortable, so we won't be going back. The food was very expensive....it may be partly because the staff kept throwing away food.....leaving us no choice, but to go back and get more of the same food that they just took from us.