Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
One Lake Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.broadmoor.com/lake-terrace
- Phone: 8663818432x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Haga
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live piano music at Sunday Brunch.
A word from Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
Nestled alongside Cheyenne Lake, the elegant Lake Terrace Dining Room offers a traditional breakfast menu Monday through Saturday (walk-in basis only), and also hosts our elaborate Sunday Brunch. Featuring over 150 enticing items, accented by dazzling florals, culinary displays and accompanied by live piano music, The Broadmoor's Sunday Brunch offers the type of unforgettable culinary experience you would expect from our award-winning Colorado Springs resort. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (65)special occasion (53)scenic view (30)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (17)romantic (13)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Worth a trip to Colorado Springs!LOLLIENYCDined on 9/14/2014PLEASE HAVE YOUR TECHIES FIX THIS SECTION - I WROTE AN ENTIRE PARAGRAPH, WHICH MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARED. CONTROL Z ALWAYS WORKS TO RETRIEVE ONE'S WORK, BUT IT DOES NOT WORK IN THIS SECTION WHICH IS MADDENING! NOW I'LL JUST WRITE A SHORT REVIEW CUZ I DON'T HAVE TIME. I live in the Times Square area of NYC and have access to the finest restaurants in the world! The Broadmoor's Lake Terrace Restaurant is in that category. It's even worth a plane trip out to Colorado Springs!! The service is EXTRAORDINARY, openly and behind the scenes; I'd recite my experiences, but can't risk the chance of it disappearing again! Food and presentation are AMAZING! We were a very satiated party of 13. A little pricey, but SO worth every cent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special TreatTennesseeTravelerDined on 9/14/2014Our brunch at The Broadmoor's Lake Terrace was a special treat. We had been planning our trip to Colorado for months and having Sunday brunch at the Lake Terrace was in the top five on our "must do" list. The Lake Terrace did not disappoint. Service, ambiance, and the gourmet food offerings were excellent. Laura and Winston did an outstanding job taking care of my wife and I. The Sunday brunch at The Broadmoor's Lake Terrace remains high on our "must do" list when we visit Colorado again in the future. Marvelous dining experience!!Special Features:
- Pricy but wonderfulChenchaDined on 9/7/2014Sunday brunch offers a veriaety and it is ALL delicious! Compliments to all the chefs and staff. Service was polite and on point. Fantastic view out to lakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeVryhapyDined on 9/7/2014The brunch was much more than we expected. So much food to choose from.Everthing was delicious. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. Would highly recommend going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slpretiredDined on 9/7/2014The Sunday Brunch at the Broadmoor is always a delight. The many choices give anyone and everyone in your group or family a reason to try everything or just go with their favorites. The desserts are worth a view before you fill up with all the other items because they are so special and so many varieties, and small serving so you can sample a few. Service is always outstanding without being obtrusive. If you are a senior citizen or someone with some mobility issues, let them know and they will provide you with a table at the food service level so you don't have to take on the stair (there are only five) with a plate(s) full of food. Yes, it is expensive but so worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomesteamgirlDined on 8/31/2014My family and I enjoyed a relaxed brunch experience to celebrate my son's 17th birthday. It was special for him since he could choose from a wide variety of food - all tasty and beautifully presented. We will be back!Special Features:
- DisappointedDined on 8/31/2014I'd been here before, but disappointed this time. I was paying $56 per person, but all the waitress did was try to get us to buy beverages that cost an additional amount. It was very frustrating. In the past, the waitress emphasized what was included in the price and that made things seem like a better deal. The manager also came by just to make small talk, but seemed very unnatural for her and this made the experience even more awkward. The food was great, but staff made it a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Nice to do once...NewsueVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were placed at a very nice table and had adequate service. All the staff including the buffet chefs we encountered were very nice. Food was good and there is a very large variety to choose from. Our favorite was the Belgian waffles with Grand Marnier sauce. Scrambled eggs served at the omelette station were even good. Disappointing though is the perception that they do not enforce the dress code. Some patrons looked like they just came out of the pool area, sauna, etc. This takes away from the dignity of the venue. Overall we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysjbuellDined on 8/24/2014This is the 3rd time my husband and I have had brunch here. Last time the service was not as good as the previous time and this last time was somewhat better. However...every time we come the price goes up. This was the last time we are coming. Although we only come for our anniversary it has become too pricey. We also had to ask other servers and wait staff for our hot beverages and water because our primary server was nowhere to be found. When she came to our table she was talking about how it was her birthday the night before and that she was very tired. At $52 a person I could care less. We also had a problem with our server last year also and when I wrote a complaint it was not acknowledged. The food is good but...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful special occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The views and service were spectacular.... the food was even better. This was probably one of the best brunches I've eaten at in a long time, and surpassed most of the best in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Great BrunchJukeboxDined on 8/24/2014Brunch at the Broadmoor is the best we've experienced in Colorado, and second only to the Hotel Del Coronado nationally. Great food, great selection and an attentive and friendly wait-staff. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- LupitaDined on 8/24/2014Sunday Brunch in the Lake Terrace Dining Room never disappoints! We think it's the best place to celebrate a special occasion and feel very fortunate to have the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. We love to share the goodness when visitors come to town!Special Features:
- GASteveDined on 8/24/2014The brunch was superb. I enjoyed the jumbo shrimp and the crab claws. I counted 15 desserts on the dessert table, not including the bananas foster and ice cream sundaes that were made-to-order. There was a table of gluten-free foods as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unwind in styleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Our celebration of my husband's birthday weekend included the Fantastic Sunday Brunch at the Broadmoor. We were seated, served and attended to with smiles and great service from all. The live music, the fresh seafood, fruit, entrees, and those pastries all add up to a wonderful culinary experience not to be missed by anyone in traveling or living in the area. As we were winding down I mentioned that we were in town celebrating his birthday and viola - a pretty dish saying "happy birthday" appeared as they refreshed our coffee! Very thoughtful and touching. It's part of why The Broadmoor is so special - part of their intent seems to be to allow you to relax and be taken care of - you don't have to think about how to do it. Thank You.Special Features:
- Fantastic Sunday brunch!Looking4goodsteakDined on 8/17/2014Really nice - great food, loved the small plate desserts so you can try bites of several! Wonderful roast and cheese blintzs were a fav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunchMaggieDined on 8/17/2014Not only was the food delicious, this was the most complete brunch I have ever been to. The variety was amazing - from all kinds of breakfast foods to lunch and dinner- including salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massive brunch!EXYLDined on 8/17/2014Charming original formal dining room from 1918 and wonderful traditional brunch food, everything you can imagine, plus an elaborate seafood buffet. (I don't eat seafood, but it looked excellent. The beef was scrumptious!) Regular Fruit Loops & etc for the kids too. Friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WetMountainBrunchloversDined on 8/10/2014We love coming to the Broadmoor and having their special Sunday Brunch for our special occasions. We celebrated Ron's birthday and our anniversary and as always, we treated even more with attention and lovely comments. We take our time to enjoy the ambiance and being together, then begin the feast that is the Brunch - fabulous food!! We recommend this to everyone and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT IS THE BEST!FineFoodie4Dined on 8/10/2014MY WIFE AND I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE LAKE TERRACE DINING ROOM BRUNCH FOR 40 YEARS AND EACH TIME WE GO WE SAY THIS COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER, AND EACH TIME WE RETURN, IT DOES! IT IS SIMPLY THE BEST! EVERYTHING IS OF THE FINEST QUALITY, PREPARED BY YOU CAN TELL, CHEFS THAT FINISHED AT THE HEAD OF THEIR CLASS. THE ENDLESS VARIETY OF BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED FINE FOOD IS ASTOUNDING. FROM FINE IMAGINATIVE DINING TO SUPERB SERVICE, GENERAL MANAGER SUSAN KROKIDIS AND HER STAFF CONSISTENTLY PRESENT A DINING EXPERIENCE THAT IS SECOND TO NONE! CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchbrunchDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful setting, pleasant and friendly but lots of privacy for each table. Food is EXCELLENT and the service lives up to the 5 Star standards!Special Features:
- Outstanding Food!CrimsonScorpion27Dined on 8/10/2014Best brunch I have ever had. Outstanding crab claws that are cut open for easy enjoyment, amazing bree cheese, insane mashed potatoes!Special Features:
- Just as I remember itLadyJaneDined on 8/3/2014Service was OUTSTANDING - we never had dirty dishes on the table - they just mysteriously disappeared. Food was over the top. We quickly learned to limit our favorites so that we could try new things - and we were never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTexansDined on 8/3/2014Seemed a little chaotic at first but made us feel like we were only ones in restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food offering selections were excellent and varied. The overall dining experience was extremely pleasant and enjoyable. Certainly a reason for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceSharonRDined on 7/20/2014The food was absolutely to die for! The brunch buffet had hundreds of items to choose from and everything was fine dining quality. The lamb was the best. Definitely worth the money. I would go back just for the desserts--oh my goodness. I'd go every Sunday if I could! :) As always, the Broadmoor had excellent service, gorgeous views and ambiance and the entire experience was divine. Do yourself a favor and go once...When you leave you'll be making plans for the next visit!Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!TheFinerThingsDined on 7/20/2014We booked this reservation for a special occasion and it certainly didn't disappoint! Our wait staff was gracious and unobtrusive, the room was elegant and the food was exquisite! Next time, we'll stay overnight in the hotel on Saturday, enjoy the grounds (with picture-perfect views of the mountains and serene lake) and then sit down to a leisurely Brunch on Sunday morning. It's expensive, but well worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oknewbeeDined on 7/6/2014Not that the brunch was bad but it was not outstanding. For the price I would have went to a nice restaurant for lunch and had a hot dish I chose over luke warm options that were a bit dry and boring.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchJerseygirl55Dined on 6/29/2014Very welcoming. They accommodated us beautifully. One of our party arrived late. No problem. Excellent food, excellent service! I've been in food service industry for 40 years. The best! Thank you for a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Great ExperiancePhilDined on 6/29/2014Was visiting Colorado Springs and treated my mother and sister to the Sunday Brunch. All of use us thuoghly enjoyed the excellent food and will diffently return the next time I am in Colorado Springs.Special Features:
- Elegance, as expectedchauckDined on 6/22/2014We don't dine out often, and the Broadmoor is a rare treat for us, but that's exactly what it is ... a treat. The expected factors never disappoint - the surroundings are beautiful and elegant, the food is marvelous, and the staff is wonderful. It goes without saying that the food is terrific, especially the desserts, but the staff truly make the experience memorable. The staff is courteous, helpful, and very friendly. They make you feel at home within the opulence of the Broadmoor, rather than just a visitor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HonisityDined on 6/8/2014Long line in ladies room. Had hard time getting out out of middle bathroom. Door knob was not working. Loved the view of lake. Gave us cheesecake for our 30th annivsary, what a wonder surprise. Made us feel special. Hard to get through tables and chairs. The shrimp was biggest I every seen. All the staff answered all my questions and offered to walk we there. I liked that, I get lost Easily. It was our first time there. We would like to come back some day.Special Features:
- Best food ever!SpecialoneDined on 6/8/2014Have been here many times over the years, it is a special place for our family. This time the food was even better than usual...everything was amazing. My favorite place in Colorado!Special Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor reviews archive.
- Family gatheringTuckerDined on 5/18/2014We didn't want to leave! The grounds made for a wonderful scenic stroll, the food was beyond words and the service was pleasant as usual. We can't wait to do it again!!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Make sure you check out everything they have to offer before filling your plate as there is NO WAY you can taste everything even though it all looks and tastes fabulous. Great place for special occasions - wedding anniversaries, birthdays, wedding groups. Take time to walk around the lake after your meal, and if you are only there for a meal, walk around the hotel as well, do some shopping, too! The staff is so helpful and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchxpnsivebutxclntDined on 5/18/2014Our Sunday Brunch experience was excellent as usual. The food selection was outstanding and the presentation and taste of every item was impeccable.Special Features:
- great. ..but a but disappointedenjoyedDined on 5/4/2014Hard to meet expectations as hotel has set them high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchwheelchairsetupDined on 5/4/2014Stunning as always at the Broadmoor Sunday Brunch. Reservation was made requesting a table on same level as food since one person in my party is currently wheelchair bound. That request apparently never got to manager on duty on day of the brunch. However when confronted with the situation when we arrived, manager and waitpersons immediately took action to set up a table for us on the food level so handicapped person could easily select herself the food she wanted rather than having someone get it for her. Kudos to manager on duty and waitpersons. Brickbats to Reservation Office. This is the Broadmoor folks and as normally is done, everyone needs to follow up to ensure everything is and remains 5 star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!rockymtnbelleDined on 5/4/2014For once, "everyone" is right - you haven't had Sunday brunch until you've had it at the Broadmoor. The food is amazing and there's so much more than the usual omelettes, bacon, and home fries (although they were delicious, too!). Where else do you see lamb, pork, extra-jumbo shrimp, and oysters on the half-shell? Or made-to-order sweet AND savory crepes? The dessert array alone is worth the price. As if that wasn't enough, the service, from the valets to the wait staff, is impeccable. You're treated like royalty every step of the way. I had asked for a "special" table if possible since it was my daughter's 21st birthday, and not only was that honored, but they even presented her with a special birthday dessert complete with candle.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The food was amazing! It was a great place to go with a small group of friends. Due to its price, not likely we will go again, but definitely glad we went. My only complaint was having to wait for a table for about 15-20 minutes even though we had reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadmoor Sunday BrunchGP2013Dined on 5/4/2014Broadmoor should be Broad--MORE. As in more food than you can dream of. OMG ! I didn't eat for a day and a half. Everything was soooo good. Worth the money. Treat yourself!! you will NOT regret it.Special Features: