Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
One Lake Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.broadmoor.com/lake-terrace
- Phone: (866) 381-8432
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Monday thru Saturday 7 AM to 11 AM
Sunday Brunch from 9 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Haga
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live piano music at Sunday Brunch.
A word from Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor
Nestled alongside Cheyenne Lake, the elegant Lake Terrace Dining Room offers a traditional breakfast menu Monday through Saturday (walk-in basis only), and also hosts our elaborate Sunday Brunch. Featuring over 150 enticing items, accented by dazzling florals, culinary displays and accompanied by live piano music, The Broadmoor's Sunday Brunch offers the type of unforgettable culinary experience you would expect from our award-winning Colorado Springs resort. Reservations are highly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Lake Terrace - The Broadmoor reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (72)special occasion (58)scenic view (32)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (22)romantic (18)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The brunch at the Lake TerraceluncherDined on 12/22/2013The brunch at the Lake Terrace was excellent food wise as it has been in the past however the service was yet again not that great. It's amazing that the when you go to brunch at the Broadmoor either everything is right on or it's not...nothing in between. The seafood, salad and main course foods were excellent however the desserts were not as good as they have been in the past. The service was okay but not what it should be for the price you pay for the brunch especially being at the Broadmoor. It appeared that the two staff that were assigned to our table were always elsewhere and if something was needed you always had to ask for it. Never once was anything offered other than at the beginning and then what was ordered was not delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!!!ChrisDined on 12/15/2013Food, service, everything was impeccable! Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eats2verysatisfiedDined on 12/1/2013there is something for everyone from breakfast items to lunch/dinner food.Special Features:
- Special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2013For years, brunch at the BroadMoor during the holidays was a family occassion. We came back this year with 10 of our family to enjoy brunch on November 24. We gathered from Canon City, Colorado Springs, Broomfield, and Englewood. Everybody enjoyed the event. My wife and I have gathered eight friends to return for the brunch on December 29. Over the years, these occassions have been memorable for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a special treat to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2013What a special treat to have Brunch at the Broadmoor! Everyone should go at least once even if it is little pricey. Its the experience! cant believe all the choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broad choices at Broadmoor brunchSuburbanFoodieDined on 11/17/2013Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, we ventured down to the Broadmoor for its much-touted brunch. The food didn't disappoint! Lots of breakfast and lunch choices and variety to suit the most discriminating in our crew. For a meal at this price range, the ambiance is a bit casual and the service a bit inattentive. The child in our group was not quite as adventurous an eater as we had hoped and it was tough that an 11-year old who eats very little was charged as an adult. Petite desserts were just the right size for tasting and we sampled a wide array of choices during our time there. Enjoying a leisurely meal, we felt a bit rushed when servers stopped refilling our water and tea and disappeared for long periods of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EleganceLarryDined on 11/17/2013Great place to celebrate a special event. Be treated like royalty for the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceBudCDined on 11/10/2013The brunch at the Lake Terrace is always a great experience. It is one of the largest brunch buffets that I have ever experienced and everything is wonderful. From sticky buns to blintzes to shrimp to ribeye to duck to fabulous desserts. If you can't find something wonderful to eat, you aren't hungry. In addition, the service is world class and the Broadmoor is always fun to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect....almostOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2013We truly enjoyed our brunch. The food was delish, beautifully displayed and oh, so many choices! However, I thought it was completely shocking that a place like the Broadmoor doubted my daughter's age. We went there to celebrate her upcoming 11th birthday and invited 2 of her friends to come along. Not one, nor two or three employees, but FOUR employees came to our table and asked if she was indeed under the age of 11. We learned later that children, ages 3-10 receive a different rate for their brunch. We felt as though the staff was inferring that she was older and that we were not being honest about the girls' age. NOT THE CASE!!! It was embarrassing and definitely uncalled for-she's still 10-even today!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodEmmy02Dined on 11/10/2013The service and food were incredible. We had such a nice time at Brunch. Everything we ate was fresh, and the buffet was very well stocked. The service was fantastic. If you go to brunch here, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- BankrunnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2013We brunch at the Broadmoor 2 or 3 times a year. It is wonderful. The dining room is comfortable and the service excellent. You step down to the brunch area, that offers marvelous varieties of salads, breads, cheeses, an omlette station, numerous entrees and marvelous deserts. I especially like the seafood selections that include shrimp, oysters on the half-shell and salmon. suggest small portions of several items, so you can sample desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Sunday Brunch we'vesublimeX4meVIPDined on 10/27/2013The best Sunday Brunch we've ever been to. The high quality of the foods was superb! Don't miss this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great for both a birthdaydee7Dined on 10/20/2013It was great for both a birthday and a retirement celebration, for our familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch Ever!AnneDined on 10/20/2013We love going to brunch at the Broadmoor. We choose Lake Terrace for special occasions - the food, service, ambiance (and of course, views) are consistently wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAndyDined on 10/20/2013Their brunch reminded me of brunch at the Biltmore in Miami, only a lot less expensive. Food was great, service was perfect and the place is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is supposed to be a highlyExperiencesDined on 10/20/2013This is supposed to be a highly upscale experience, and, though nothing warrants a bad rating, I found it to be lacking the elegance I expected. The tables were all very close together, the noise level was higher than I would have liked, and the pianist played fast versions of favorites that could have been better enjoyed at a slower, more leisurely tempo. The food was very good, though I am not sure I would have rated it as 5 star. It was definitely better than average or standard, and the variety and abundance of the spread was plentiful to the extreme, which is what I think people favor most. I was just slightly disappointed to not have the ambiance and overall experience match the luxury and esteem of the Broadmoor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCEDkeithDined on 9/29/2013We have been to the Broadmoor on several occasions. it has never been in any way a disappointment. Your reservation system is quite good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionsOHGinnyKDined on 9/29/2013Celebrating a 33-year anniversary while vacationing in Denver, we made a special trip to The Broadmoor because of what we heard about the "brunch" at Lake Terrace. We were not disappointed! The scenery, charm of the hotel and the array of food was unbelievable. Being able to try new and different foods was an adventure. We were graciously served by all staff. Although a bit pricey, special occasions deserve to be celebrated in a fashion that allows a "memorable moment." The Broadmoor afforded us that experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchFoodieDined on 9/29/2013We had 2 small babies with us for brunch, and staff was very accomodating to our needs (we had a group of 7 total). Service was awesome, very attentive - exactly what was expected from such a ritzy place. The desserts were fantastic! Food selection was so, so. I guess I was expecting more from reading the ratings. Halibut was dry and salty, braised duck was more like duck jerky. But overall experience we had a great time, just was expecting more in the taste department.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drove 100 miles for SundaybruncherDined on 9/29/2013Drove 100 miles for Sunday brunch to celebrate a birthday- was not disappointed. The variety of entrees was a splendor to the senses. The smoothies and desserts were top notch and capped off a memorable experience. Wait staff was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experienceswanlake2013Dined on 9/29/2013Our daughter and her husband were visiting from Memphis, Tenn. and we all agree this was the best over-all dining experience we have had....EVER!!!!!!!!!! Tthe ambience with a table by the windows was perfect; the service was very attentive to our needs; and the food was over-the-top. KUDOS to your entire staff. Janet RanchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rave Reviews ConfirmedJayJayDined on 9/29/2013Our 1st experience at the Broadmoor for brunch and it exceeded expectations on all counts. The setting is elegant, the service is superb and friendly, and the food is magnificent. We highly recommend this experience for special occassions or grand treatment for out of town guests. After brunch we enjoyed taking in Broadmoor sights around the lakeside. Make your reservations and enjoy, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- High QualityRockyTopDined on 9/29/2013The quality of the brunch menu was outstanding. Great variety of deserts, various smoked fish were delicious, great fresh fruit, and delicious baked goods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch1sttimeDined on 9/22/2013Took out of town guest to the Sunday Brunch which I had not been to before but had heard fabulous things about. The variety of food was unbelievable, and the service was outstanding. And the Broadmoor Hotel has such beautiful grounds to wonder around afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BrunchVicGDined on 9/22/2013This was the first time I had been here for brunch - amazing. We are already planning our next trip.Special Features:
- Brunch at The BroadmoorBroadmoorDined on 9/22/2013the Broadmoor has really managed to make their dining experience and thing to remember. Not only do they have the best service but the food and layout of the brunch is just breath taking. I know why they continue to have 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2013Check out all of the items and come up with a plan of attack before you fill your first plate. As an example, there were six different types of smoked and cold salmon. The omelet action station serves over 500 omelets during a typical Sunday. The servers were also very helpful. Coffee was covered for you when you were not at the table. Plates were removed quickly and silverware replaced as needed. This brunch is not to be missed if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeJudyC13Dined on 9/15/2013This is a special place, and, since we live 50 miles away in the mountains, we keep it for very special occasions. It has never disappointed us. One of the few places to cook perfect Eggs Benedict, and such outstanding service. We had to think seriously about the weather forecast before deciding to risk Highway 24 in these difficult times, but we are very glad we did. As it was, we were happy to get back about an hour before Ute pass closed again. So glad we went ahead with it.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful except....carlaDined on 9/15/2013...I would definitely recommend waiting for the eggs benedict to be made to order right in front of you, as the ones that were prepared even just a couple of minutes before and placed in the chafing dish were already cold or the yoke was already set. I'm not sure the use of a chafing dish lends itself well to eggs benedict. Everything else was wonderful.Special Features:
- Brunch for Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013The food was phenomenal, and the atmosphere is great. This, however, is not a place for fussy children. Other patrons are spending a fair amount on the meal, and screaming kids should not be part of it. The food is geared much more to adult taste. This is our third visit for brunch, and while the food was wonderful, the service was spotty. We were surrounded by large parties, so the focus of the wait staff was on those large parties, and as there was only two in my party, we felt like we got lost in the shuffle. We had to ask for dishes to be cleared and coffee to be refilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bucket List "To Do" for FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2013After seeing the Sunday brunch featured on the Travel Channel and Food Network it became a foodie bucket list event for us to make the pilgrimage to the Broadmoor and it certainly lived up to it reputation and exceeded our expectations. The Hotel has an amazing collection of art and historic items and the grounds are beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VarietyGrandpaof2Dined on 8/4/2013There are not many Sunday Brunches left that you can depend on having good food and deserts. Here you get it all, wonderful scenery and great service. There is a wide variety of meats, fish, cheese and deserts. The waffles with the Grand Marnier sauce was a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly the best in the nationSkyanneDined on 8/4/2013This brunch blew me away. My husband and sister ate everything and said it was all high quality food. I'm gluten intolerant, and was ecstatic that they had a table of gluten free breakfast items. In addition, most of their lunch dishes (veal, ,chicken, pork, roast beef, etc.) was gluten free, not to mention all of the cold cut and fruit breakfast items. There was so much for me to eat. Definitely worth the $. I would come back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hey, its the Broadmoor...firstKathiDined on 7/28/2013Hey, its the Broadmoor...first class all the way! Pricey but worth is for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family visits. MustOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2013Great for family visits. Must do for Colorado Springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewBobo11Dined on 7/28/2013Very good service and food selection. I recommend limit small children coming to this fine restraunt---one very small child close to us cried most of the morning and this is not what we expected for a restraunt at this price levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2013Our experience at the Broadmoor Lake Terrace Rm brunch....was one to remember...perfect dining experience....Don't miss the Maxwell Parish pictures at the entrance....Carol Jean from San DiegoSpecial Features:
- Nothing betterCrisDined on 7/21/2013Nothing better in the country than this Sunday Brunch. Elegance at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy brunchdevgDined on 7/21/2013Beautiful brunch setting amongst the Rockies. Victorian style hotel with good ambiance and live music playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seconds, thirds, and fourthsGoingagainDined on 7/21/2013The brunch at the broadmoor was one of the best meals I have ever had. The wait staff was attentive and stopped by often (but not too often, and the good selection was like nothing I've seen before. From smoked salmon to chicken Marsala,a bread table for any carb loving fiend,and a dessert table that had its own wall: the food selection was not lacking. I would also suggest this elegant venue for anyone with a special occasion to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.