Lake Pointe Grill
1386 Toronto Road
Springfield, IL 62712Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lake Pointe Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lakepointegrill.com/
- Phone: (217) 679-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Alex Ingram
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room can be made available Sunday through Thursday for business meetings, programs and or personal gatherings. We book parties of any size from the small birthday parties to the detail oriented business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Chris 2176793900x
- Cross Street: N. Cotton Hill Road
- Public Transit: Springfield Public Transit District provides bus service within a 1/2 block of our location at the corner of Toronto Road and East Lake Shore Drive.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Large paved lot on site with plenty of parking. We provide complimentary valet parking during any of our regular business hours.
A word from Lake Pointe Grill
Lake Pointe Grill provides a relaxed feel featuring an imported wood fired oven specializing in authentic hand extended artisan pizzas. A diverse menu including comfort foods, American Southern cuisine and local regional favorites. A comfortable atmosphere where both the trendy meet and family's feel welcomed. Full service bar featuring a variety of wines and spirits and nightly featured cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Lake Pointe Grill - Best Restaurants in Springfield ›
Lake Pointe Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (11)special occasion (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always tastyBand63Dined on 11/8/2014Lakepointe Grill is a consistent gem. We had a great waitress who didn't mind coming back again and again because we were so busy visiting we forgot to read the menu. Pizzas were great and the pork enchiladas were OUTSTANDING. Never pass up an opportunity to eat here. We were in the side dining room which was a little noisy but it wasn't a romantic dinner so it was okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Didn't have the pizza, ordered the meatloaf. It was ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We have been to Lake Pointe Grill several times and the food, the service, everything is always top notch. The only thing I can say even remotely negative about it is that it can be hard to get into at times and it can get a little noisy at times. Having said that, it is a very popular restaurant, so these things are understandable. All in all, I would definitely recommend it. Great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodBeanieDined on 10/17/2014Our waitress was terrific and the food was outstanding. Even though the place was packed we got our food and drinks in a timely manner. Overall it was an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood findAJTullDined on 10/17/2014We sought out a place to eat near the University of Illinois, Springfield and saw that Lake Pointe was well reviewed. We had the sausage meat loaf and a steak pizza. Both were good hearty meals. Service was excellent. Wine list was varied and we were able to find a suitable wine. Ambience is a wide open seating plan so the noise level rose as more people arrived. Mix of couples, families and singles (mostly around the bar). I would not consider Lake Pointe a destination for foodies or for a romantic dinner but a clear winner for good food at a reasonable price. Would certainly try again.Special Features:
- Good food but long wait.LittleflowerDined on 9/29/2014The food was good but our group of 5 waited an extremely long time to receive our food, from the main course to the dessert. Half of our group ended up having to leave before the others just to make a deadline at work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jump off point for night outTygerTailDined on 9/19/2014The food and service were excellent! Fun atmosphere and super-affordable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchen nice placeDeeDeeDined on 9/6/2014The waiter was nice. I am so very glad we made reservations because we waited 50 minutes for our food! Only a party of 4.We arrived at 6 (seated immediately), did not order an appetizer, ordered entrées when the waiter brought out sodas and did not get them until 6:50! My boyfriend asked for more cornbread towards the end of the meal and it did not arrive until our table had been cleared.The waiter thanked us for our patience when he brought our checks.Food was good but our friend said enchiladas were a touch on the spicy side for him.The place was so crowded people kept bumping into my chair.Great spot to stop before a show at Sangamon Auditorium but risking late arrival..probably will not do that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is lackluster!ShermanFoodie2x3TimesDined on 9/6/2014Have eaten her 3-4 times in the past year and each time the service has gotten more unattentive and slower. As for the food, menu is in a serious need of revamping. It's essentially the same menu as when Lake Pointe opened several years ago.
- A busy Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Had to wait 20 minutes even though we have a reservation. We were in the back room which was extremely noisy. The server was very attentive and did a good job. The food was good but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different.YamahazDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I decided to try Lake Pointe Grill after seeing the menu on open table. When we arrived the dining room was just beginning to fill up. Very glad we had reservations as we were greeted and shown to our table right away. The food looked great and they had a pizza oven in the corner, so we ordered the steak and mushroom pizza as an appetizer. It was delicious. We do not like blue cheese and they were more than happy to customize the pizza for us. For dinner we had the pulled pork enchiladas and the shrimp and grits. Both dishes were fantastic. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.luvthisplaceDined on 8/28/2014We were very pleased with the service and the food. We have eaten there several times and have always had good service and food. They are very friendly and courteous. We will definitely return and recommend it to others. They have a menu that has such a nice selection and items that you don't find at many restaurants. The stuffed meat loaf is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014really enjoyed this restaurant - menu had many choices.... everything we had was very good !! will definitely be back !!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very good food, but it is noisy due to the design of the dining area. Difficult for people with hearing aids. The outdoor dining is nice and quieter.Special Features:
- The following 66 reviews are from the Lake Pointe Grill reviews archive.
- DickDined on 7/5/2014Food was just OK to uneatable. That might be just me as I did not like the soup of the day. The pizza was just OK.Special Features:
- Loud, food wasn't impressivephononDined on 6/7/2014Went here to celebrate my sister's birthday. Fries were absolutely disgusting and had a burnt flavor. Probably was my fault for picking an entrée with fries. My beef brisket sandwich was also pretty dry with barely any bbq sauce. Waiter was slow on getting check and dessert so we waited a while at the end.
- dining delightsmilingface2Dined on 6/5/2014An enjoyable & friendly service for our group. adjusting the cool air over our table also. very accommodating. Food was delish. Let's do it again,soon! we all had something different-variety of pizza orders,etc...everyone very satisfied with their selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied CustomertravelingseniorgolfersDined on 5/22/2014The food was very good, service was really quick, considering you had a large groups from State Troopers facility. No one complained about anything except that the blueberry bread pudding was not a great as expected. It perhaps could have been a little more gooey with some sauce. The dessert special recommended (berry cobbler with ice cream) was super. Good job. PS You may want to consider adding some cheese to your shrimp and grits.Special Features:
- reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Overall the visit was nice. We were not seated 15 minutes after our reservation was scheduled forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know they were busy.Momof3Dined on 5/11/2014It was Mother's day... so I know they were busy. But all of our food was NOT delivered to the table at the same time. It is our believe that you do not start eating until early everyone is served... so 4 of the 5 of us SAT AND WAITED FOR CLOSE TO 10 MINUTES... before my son received his kid meal mac & cheese! By the time he got it my dinner had cooled and his was way too hot. I don't know if there was an issue in the kitchen or if our server forgot to order his dinner.... but on Mother's Day... I was hoping for me to be served a hot meal. So I was a little disappointed. Lake Point was my choice... not sure I would go again with my family.
- FantasticSoundman2014Dined on 5/2/2014Had a really good dinner, I had shrimp & grits, and they were awesome. My wife had the white garlic pizza and couldn't stop saying how good it was. We are looking forward to taking are friends back with usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014My three best friends and I meet once a month for dinner. We have chose Lake Pointe Grill the last 2 months. We love the food, and the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!ChrisDined on 4/18/2014Very good food with excellent service in a comfortable atmosphere. We had a table of five including two younger diners. there was something for everyone. The wood fired oven creates a very unique finish to the dough of the pizza.Special Features:
- Always GreatblackcavDined on 4/10/2014I found out about Lake Pointe just a few months ago. Since then it has become a regular spot for my wife and I. Whether it is dining in or take-out, Lake Pointe never misses. The food is great and when we dine in the service is great. The only problem is having to decide between all the awesome dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better every timeCuuuVIPDined on 4/9/2014Food. Just keeps getting better every time we go. Can be somewhat noisy at times. Wood fired pizzas are excellent!Special Features:
- reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/8/2014The online reservation process was very efficient-very impressed! The only problem was the table-the very last table at the back of the room next to the hall way leading to the rest rooms & kitchen-I asked (before moving) to another table of which there were several available-my party of 4 was much happierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHuskersDined on 4/5/2014Our dinners Saturday night were excellent. I had the special ... the 10 oz. sirloin steak with mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was terrific. My wife had a salad with shrimp, and our guests had the catfish sandwich and the pulled pork. Everyone was really pleased with their choice. The food was outstanding and so was the service. The only (slight) issue would be the noise level. There was a large table next to us that seemed to be competing to see who could talk the loudest. When the restaurant is full, it gets pretty loud in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot say more.....EDPartyof22Dined on 4/5/2014The Lake Pointe Grill has a fabulous selection of menu choices that will blow your socks off! No one can walk away without loving what they order! Everyone had a great time, and will be going again soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceCustom300Dined on 3/30/2014We met friends there before a show. Great food and great service. The online reservations offered through the Lake Pointe Grill website was very convenient. I would highly recommend Lake Pointe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great but not bad.NorthofI80Dined on 3/28/2014Came in on a Friday. We had a reservation and the table was all set when we arrived. Drink service was a little slow for the initial order but once we were served they stayed on top of the refills. Food was good. Most of us ordered pizza. I had a chicken jalapeno pizza. Service was slow and I think they were a little understaffed. With all that said the place is still good and I would go back. It is the nicest place in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrived minutes prior to reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014Arrived minutes prior to reservation & we were seated immediately. Service from the time we were seated until we left was excellent. Overall experience for my party of 4 was superior. I rate the food a 4.5 out 5.Special Features:
- Bad TableDateNightGoneBadDined on 3/22/2014We made reservations and when we arrived, there were a whole bunch of open tables. I was out for a date night with my husband and we were set on the bar side with the big screen TVs and a whole lot of noise. They set in a back corner at the smallest table i have ever seen literally a foot away from the people next to us. So much for a romantic evening. At least the food was good.
- Something for EveryoneTerryDined on 3/15/2014Our party of 8 including 2 children ate here recently on a Saturday night. We had a reservation, booked through Open Table, and we were seated promptly. Our waitress was attentive and offered suggestions. The appetizers were wonderful. I think all 8 of us ordered something different, from pizza to salmon to pasta to meat loaf. it was all tasty. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerblackcavDined on 3/14/2014Had a great dinner with friends. This was out first time at Lakepoint and we will definitely be going back. The food was very good and our waiter wad awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014The only thing about the seating that I really don't care for is how close you are seated next the the other tables. It makes it difficult to have a private conversation. Our waitress was decent, she was friendly but did not check back on us enough to keep our drinks filled and half way through the dinner she disappeared and another waiter took over. She did reappear after we finished our meal and made sure we were given our check, maybe she had something personal she had to take care of, I am not sure but both were friendly.Special Features:
- We were disappointed in thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014We were disappointed in that we had a reservation but it took 1/2 hour to seat us. Even worse was that they were seating walk-ins before us. The food was good and came out quickly but I would NOT recommend going here before a show. Again, we were very disappointed with the way out reservation was treated. We would have been better not making a reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very glad we had reservationssuzyQDined on 3/7/2014Very glad we had reservations as it was a very busy night and many people had to wait for a table. Glad we did not have a table by the door since so many people standing in close proximity to those tables. Food was great and we dined with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulabeamsDined on 2/28/2014Everything about our visit was flawless. We made reservations, so no wait. We had quick service, a great waitress, and the food was amazing. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014I've been here several times and never been disappointed. Variety and something for anyone! Wood fire pizzas are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHuskersDined on 2/22/2014We're always satisfied with Lake Pointe Grill. Great food and terrific service. See you again soon.Special Features: