Laishley Crab House
150 Laishley Court
Punta Gorda, FL 33950Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Laishley Crab House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.laishleycrabhouse.com/
- Phone: (941) 205-5566
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pnm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Rodney Monroig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Laishley Crab House
Laishley Crab House offers waterfront dining and the freshest seafood available. Feast on Blue Crab direct from Charlotte Harbor and the Peace River Seafood Market, fresh Alaskan King Crab and Snow Crab flown in daily from Dutch Harbor, Alaska, or enjoy your favorite seafood, steaks, and sushi. Pets are welcome on our outdoor dining deck. Check out our menu for everything we offer. We look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Laishley Crab House - Best Restaurants in Punta Gorda ›
Laishley Crab House reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (84)great for outdoor dining (72)great for lunch (32)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (11)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)Show More
- BlueskyDined on 11/21/2014We had reservations for 2 @ 5PM, we were seated in a booth for 6 right next to the servers station, a noisy, busy area. I should have asked to be moved. The server Juan was seemingly rushed, did not mention specials at all, and it seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but working. My husband ordered Surf and Turf, very good meal. I ordered Swordfish, which was very dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laishley Crab House A disappointmentStellaDined on 11/18/2014There were four of us for lunch. Calamari appetizer was average. Crab salad very bland. Grouper fish and chips was average. Much tastier when made with haddock. The other couple had grouper sandwiches which they said were ok.Special Features:
- Great Birthday CelebrationKalineDined on 11/13/2014Service is always great at Laishley's. Took a group for a birthday celebration, ate outdoors. Good food, fun environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ReservationFoodieDined on 11/11/2014When we got to the restaurant on Tuesday at 7 she looked and did not have our registration. It was not busy so we got a table.Special Features:
- Good for a seafood nightemurphDined on 11/6/2014We came here for a family dinner with 8 people. Our server was awesome. The seafood dip was a delicious start to the meal. Our server was very attentive throughout the meal. I had the steamed bucket of seafood, sausage etc. It was huge, and also delicious. Other family members present had different dishes, and everyone was pleased with their meal. The staff additionally sang "Happy Birthday" to my grandfather with chocolate cheesecake. He was pleased with the quality of the cheesecake.Special Features:
- Lunchtime !!!COMEBACKPLACEDined on 11/6/2014We had a party of 4, our server was excellent by keeping an eye on what our needs might be. The food was fantastic, salad or basket. The view of the harbor was very nice and it was peaceful so we could talk and have the ability to hear what was being said even though it was busy and we were not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Too much iceberg lettuce in the seafood topped salad. Need romaine or leaf for nutritional value! Very noisy group next to us out of doors. We were able to have a leisurely 2 hr. lunch w/friends we hadn't seen in months.Special Features:
- Drinks are just so-soMimiDined on 11/3/2014Love, love this place but guess I will stick to beer. The last 2 times we visited here, the margarita and the Orange crush were not very good. Sort of an off taste to both drinks. I love this place but have decided that IF I want a drink, I should stick with bottled beer--can't mess that up too much, huh?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location/service;mediocre foodBDDVTDined on 11/1/2014Central location in Fisherman's Village with friendly service but sadly mediocre food.
- RushedDisappointedDined on 11/1/2014I don't know if the new changes include rushing customers, but we never got all of our food. And when the sushi came, we had to wait for soy bowls and chopsticks. It seemed like a lunch rush service as opposed to a nice Saturday night dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food.sarahsubaruDined on 11/1/2014Four of us went for dinner on a Sat. evening at 6:00. I made reservations and requested a booth by the front windows. We got exactly that. Our waiter, John, was kind, prompt, attentive and had a sense of humor. He's an excellent employee. We each ordered a different entre and we were each completely happy with the selections. Everything was delicious. We've been to the Crab House many times and we will continue to dine there. We always bring out-of-town guests. It's part of the Punta Gorda charm!Special Features:
- FoodfoodreviewerDined on 10/28/2014I ordered a gluten free meal which our waiter was helpful with. When dinner arrived it was not gluten free so it was taken back. The next dinner that arrived appeared to be gluten free but it was not what I ordered. Nothing was done when I informed the waiter so I was forced to eat it --or go hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view-not so great foodMauiboundDined on 10/25/2014Have eaten here many times- was disappoint with our experience this time. Found 2 hairs in my dinner salad. Had the lobster mac & cheese (which I have had before and was delicious) this time it was very different. The cheese was runny and some of the lobster was tough and chewy, with a rubbery texture. Our prior experience the lobster was sweet and tender and the cheese was golden yellow, thick and creamy. It will be awhile before I order this dish again.Special Features:
- Great setting...germanshepherdDined on 10/23/2014The outdoor setting is better than the inside space, the food is generally good, the service has always been exemplary, the ambiance is appropriate for the setting.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Fish Dinner -Sword Fish was more like a burger pattie warmed up -was Restaurant food - not local fish -Waiter was great -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Venue and foodrobingreyDined on 10/19/2014Waiter was extremely helpful and polite and attentive. Food was delicious. Scenery was magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not dine there again.SparkleDined on 10/19/2014Would never sit outside again. The sun was blaring, uncomfortably, making I impossible to enjoy. Moved from the railing closest to the building (but still outside) and the comfort level was still unacceptable.Special Features:
- reviewron9jamesDined on 10/12/2014The food was good, not great, but good. We wanted to sit inside, but unfortunately, we were seated in a booth in the middle aisle and felt like we were stuck in a tunnel. Couldn't figure out why because there were very few diners inside at the time and most all of the window seats (view of the water) were empty. Not sure if we will return again.
- Seeing as you asked......bobnroseDined on 10/4/2014The hostesses really need training in customer service. We made reservation on line which they had but they really didn't care where they seated us. It was our anniversary. The waitress was very good however, and it was not her fault the meal was ordinary. The "stuffed" shrimp were tiny and topped with a mushy "stuffing". The fried green tomatoes were hard and I think one piece of he mozzarella was off. The pork dish could have been good if it didn't come out pink and when sent back was obviously miked (as it only took a minute) was dry and inedible. The "specialty" drinks were terrible and served in an ordinary juice glass with no attempt to make them "special". We weren't acknowledged as we were leaving in- we were pointedly ignored.Special Features:
- Fabulous diningdogloverDined on 10/4/2014We went to Laishley to celebrate my aunt's 98th birthday...the service was spectacular, our server was amazing. First thing he did upon our request was to get a cushion for my little 95 pound aunt. Each of us ordered something different than the menu items offered, and each dish came back perfectly. It is a great place to take out of town guests and to just go whenever you want to watch the sunset and have a great meal. The sushi is always delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place for sushiJenHackDined on 10/3/2014Every time my kids come home from college they want to go to the Crabhouse for sushi. Their other food is great as well. One complaint I have is the cocktails. They don't make the best drinks.Special Features:
- MauiboundDined on 9/27/2014Lobster Mac and cheese is delicious! Have eaten at Laishley often, and never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I thought it was a little bit high priced for the amount of food you received, my husband ordered the steam pot and was still hungry,Special Features:
- Luv2tlk2uDined on 9/26/2014Casual dining, great place to catch up with friends!Special Features:
- World Class sashimi2bigeatersVIPDined on 9/25/2014Can't be beat. We've had sashimi all over and this is the best. Add the most perfect view. What could be better?Special Features:
- Wonderful sunset dinnerSunnyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Fresh fish. Beautiful outdoor seating at sunset. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Great food overall but super Sushi. Very good service from waiters with a great sense of humor. Just a whole lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freshMicheleDined on 9/20/2014The seafood has always been fresh and the sushi menu is plentiful. We always bring guest to Lashleys. Hard to believe they're the same owners as Harpoon Harrys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resting on its' laurelsMIssChatterbox3VIPDined on 9/18/2014This might have been good at one time but not now. Soup was gloppy, fish similar to the vegetables came from the freezer. To make it bad things worse, ice cream topping was inferior to Hershey's syrup. I was sorely disappointed.Special Features:
- Loved the food/waitress not so muchWindy28Dined on 9/16/2014Food was great, loved the view. Waitress never served our food. Server brought it out, another server volunteered to put on our table so we didn't have to wait for ours. Then she showed up again when she asked if we wanted dessert. Key lime pie delicious. Would go back but would ask for a different waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good service1truereviewDined on 9/13/2014Everything is usually good here, but I don't care for a place where dogs are allowed. Dogs should not be in a restaurant in my opinion. Other than that I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationsphilmuttonDined on 9/13/2014Everything was very good. A little disappointed, we were celebrating 2 birthdays. Yours is one of the few that does not offer a desert to the people celebrating. Only fault I can find with this dinner.Special Features:
- Nice evening outwhoknewDined on 9/12/2014We wanted a nice place to take friends we had not seen in ten years, you did not disappoint! The food, service and atmosphere made our evening out to be a blast! Thanks for a great evening and we will be back for many more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happijanDined on 9/9/2014I took six friends to Laishleys for lunch on Sept 9 th--- we ate outside -- Five of the group had never been there before-- Everyone was very impressed. Our food was excellent as usual!! The service was excellent also!! Laishleys is one of my most favorite places to eat!!Special Features:
- Good food, except...PGFoodieDined on 8/30/2014...the hush puppies were overcooked. They should be a light golden, not a dark brown that you have to cut with a knife before trying to eat without hurting your gums.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My wife's lobster tails were fine, but my broiled seafood platter was completely tasteless, and the three shrimp were very small.Special Features:
- Family fun water viewSandySCDined on 8/30/2014Great reservations system, with follow up call to confirm. Love the food and service! No wait and table ready. Beautiful view. Love this place, will be our main choice from now on. Thank you for serving our area. Our family from out of town was so impressed and pleased. Pricing was great also.Special Features:
- Not Hot At All2bigeatersVIPDined on 8/26/2014I know it's August in Florida but, really, it was lovely on the deck overlooking the water with fans going. Great sashimi, sushi and view. Like being on vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to take gueststhedmanDined on 8/24/2014Whenever we have people from up North come visit, we take them to Laishley Crab House. What a great Florida Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No steamed blue crabs!!usnmcb10Dined on 8/24/2014As a seafood restaurant that indicates blue crabs on the menu, I am extremely disappointed that I was informed that there hasn't been steamed blue crabs available since February 2014. I don't understand why blues can't be shipped in from LA, MD or VA.