Lai Yuen Chinese Restaurant
10033 4th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11209-8301Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
Lai Yuen Chinese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.laiyuenbrooklyn.com/
- Phone: 7185672300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Chinese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call to inquire about our catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call to inquire about our private dining accommodations.
A word from Lai Yuen Chinese Restaurant
For years, Lai Yuen has been celebrated by regulars as "The Best Chinese Restaurant in Brooklyn." Located below the scenic Verazzano Bridge near Fort Hamilton Park, Lai Yuen offers elegance and comfort, as well as convenience. The private parking lot is a tremendous asset to those booking private parties on the lower level, while the upstairs bar -- complete with friendly bartenders -- is an asset to the neighborhood crowd that frequent the lounge for happy hour and late-night. Lai Yuen is a true treasure offering the freshest ingredients served by a dedicated and knowledgeable staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lai Yuen Chinese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Solid ExperienceOpenTableVIPVIPDined on 6/14/2013Consistently good experience. Great service and good variety. Had to ask for my noodles 2x was the only damper this time..Special Features:
- As always...delicious! Wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013As always...delicious! Wonderful, friendly service and the best Chinese Restaurant in Bay Ridge.Special Features:
- What a gem!SkipDined on 3/23/2013I have been dining at Lau Yuen for many years. Always consistent in food and service, it's guaranteed to please. Lai Yuen is a Manhattan-style restaurant tucked away in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn! Try the Grand Marnier shrimp.Special Features:
- Very crowded and noisy. FriedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Very crowded and noisy. Fried food was greasy to the point of indelible and everything was served tepid.
- I haven't been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2013I haven't been to this restaurant for awhile....I remember the food was superb this time is was just okay ...sorry nothing special...
- Good chinese food... One ofOpenTableVIPVIPDined on 12/7/2012Good chinese food... One of a few remaining "good" places for chinese left oustide of chinatown....
- One of the best chinese restaurantsTheRavenDined on 8/19/2012One of the best chinese restaurants I have dined at. Beautiful restaurant with outstanding food. Ordered Steak Kew and chicken with walnuts and would recommened both dishes. It's hard to believe this restaurant is in Brooklyn and not the Upper east Side of Manhattan.Special Features:
- The best Chinese restaurant!SkipDined on 6/1/2012Lai Yuen is undoubtedly the best Chinese restaurant I've eve dined at. I have been eating there for over ten years, and the food is consistently good. The table-side service adds a little touch of elegance. Don't miss their amazing Grand Marnier shrimp...it's one of the specialties of the house. Be aware they are quite pricey, especially for Chinese food, but the portions are large, and it's just not your run-of-the mill Cantonese-type meal. There is a singer in the lounge area on weekends.Special Features:
- Charming location in Bay RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2012Charming location in Bay Ridge Brooklyn where you can have a cocktail at the bar overlooking Cannon Ball Park and the Verrazano Bridge from the Brooklyn side. The food was not your typical Chinese Cuisine. Their shrimp Manier along with their Sizziling Rice Soup were mouth watering appetizers. The presentation of their Peking Duck, Beef and Boccoli along with their special Young Chow Fried Rice was pleasing to the eye as well as the taste. To top it off, the ice cream and fruit platter was a pleasure to the Pallet, especially the Pistachio ice cream, which had real Pistachios, no cherries!! The service was delightful and pleasant. We were greeted with a warm Brooklyn smile and felt much at home.Special Features:
- It was a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012It was a great experience and even we were there early, we were able to get a table. Friendly staffs and good food.Special Features:
- Very impressive !!KouklaDined on 5/12/2012The best place to have Chinese food with such a beautiful ambiance. The food is fantastic and the spare ribs are to die for!!!! The staff is accomidating and friendly and the service was excellent. Can't wait to go back and enjoy another great meal!!!!Special Features:
- Authentic Chinese CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/9/2012Although my boyfriend lives in Williamsburg, he finally persuaded me to take the trip out to Bay Ridge and try his brother's favorite restaurant, Lai Yuen. I'm a Manhattan girl myself, so I thought we were going a bit out of our way for "Chinese food," but NOW I GET IT. From the moment we were greeted at the host stand, we felt welcomed. We had 2 leisurely cocktails at the bar and made small-talk with some regulars... And then, we sat down and enjoyed what was hands-down the best Chinese food I've had in recent memory! We started out with seafood soup and then moved on to share the peppers stuffed with shrimp, fried rice and the crispy peking duck (carved and served table side). It was a truly memorable dining experience below the VerrazanoSpecial Features: