127 Lahainaluna Rd.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lahainagrill.com/
- Phone: (808) 667-5117
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Nightly from 5:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Arnulfo Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's Dining Room seats 6 to 9 guests. The New Room at Lahaina Grill seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Debbi Fagan 8086675117x
A word from Lahaina Grill
Visit Lahaina Grill for innovative New American cuisine using techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivated by Maui's local farms, dairies, and surrounding waters. Lahaina Grill has been voted "Best Maui Restaurant" for TWENTY-ONE consecutive years by Honolulu Magazine readers' poll (1994-2014).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lahaina Grill - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Lahaina Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (224)special occasion (215)romantic (141)notable wine list (128)neighborhood gem (85)hot spot (65)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lovely evening in MauiLovesBYOBsDined on 11/22/2014Food was fabulous, service spectacular and wine list was nice even if we had to pick a third choice because the first two were unavailable. This is definitely not a quiet romantic place as there were many groups dining, however we had a lovely table for two against a wall that broke much of the noise and allowed us to have our own space. I felt bad for the the parties of two in the middle of the room between larger groups. Noise is only reason we did not give overall rating a five star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DRamonDined on 11/22/2014When we vacation on Maui this is a place we always choose to dine. The food and service is superb. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014our server Justin and his team are no ka oi! The food and presentation never fail to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FOOD ANS SERVICEChadDined on 11/19/2014Wew have visited this place for years and its always AWESOME! Weve always had great food and the service is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townCME4DIRTDined on 11/19/2014Once again Lahaina Grill has emerged as the best of the best. In all aspects of the dining experience, these guys shine at allSpecial Features:
- Great evening!HibiscusDined on 11/17/2014My husband and I booked a reservation through Open Table for 8:00, but really would have preferred earlier. We were shopping on Lahaina and while walking by just decided to see if we could get in earlier. They were very accommodating and sat us down immediately! The service was excellent, being attentive, but not overly suffocating! Our waiter was amazing, but I can't remember her name to give her credit! She's a veteran there as she worked the place when it had another name! David Paul, Lahaina Grill?? And, the food was amazing!! The special for the evening was the opakapaka fish, which melted in your mouth! The dessert we had was the keylime pie! Best keylime that we've ever had too! We had a noisy group next to us, but they were very friendly and we joined in and joked around with them. Ambience is not a quiet restaurant, as there's bar is right in the middle! Recommend this place for a nice evening out in Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maui birthdayTomFanDined on 11/16/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here and the food was fabulous. The service was first rate and the wine that was recommended will go on our list of favorites. The noise does pick up as the crowd increases, but nothing too bad. We will go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Friendly AtmospherrTGNoebelDined on 11/15/2014We come to Maui quiet often and we found this place last year. While planning our trip this year we knew this would be for our first night. The food is so good and the friendly staff treat you like family. We just love it and have decided to eat here again before we return back to Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise FindDabaumShelterDined on 11/15/2014Lahaina Grill wasn't on our radar for must-eat places to eat, but online searching showed good reviews, so we booked our table and went. The food was exceptional. Fish was fresh, presentation creative, and service flawless. Such a surprise find for us! Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our top restaurant we tried on MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Amazing Food, Awesome recommendations from the staff about what to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fabulous dinner!SRRaiderfanDined on 11/11/2014What a fabulous dinner! The "bee sting" was like sipping a fresh Bartlett pear. The rack of lamb was cooked perfectly as was the fish of the day. You will pay for the Maui experience, but the quality can't be beat. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and ClassicERrunnergirlDined on 11/10/2014This restaurant is a must visit while in Maui. Romantic, classy and great ambiance. Perfect for a special occasion, date night out while on the island. Food was delicious and creative. Split an entry so you have room for the clever and tasty appetizers and desserts. Nice wine selection. Not appropriate for young ones. Book a reservation after sunset and enjoy the sunset first before dinner (not much of a fgview for this inside.)Special Features:
- I throughly enjoyed this establishment!eddieoVIPDined on 11/9/2014The food was fantastic. The staff was so helpful and knowledgeable. The whole experience of dinning here was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner on MauiPDdinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014We ate at a number of restaurants while in Maui for 12 days and this was by far the best meal we had. It's not cheap but compared to everywhere else we are, it was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best surf and turf I ever hadPiPPoDined on 11/6/2014The restaurant is very nice, located a in a small and nice town of Maui close to the sea. People working in the restaurant are very nice and pay attention to details. wine and food is great ... dessert included. If you are ij Maui I would definitely suggest you to go there to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Maui Mustcjr124Dined on 11/6/2014Perhaps the best food we had during a stay in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014The Lahaina Grill will make your dining experience on forgettable!!Special Features:
- Excellent Food!FzedlachDined on 11/5/2014The food here is simply consistently fantastic. The mahi mahi is unbeatable on the island in my opinion. There are numerous other good dishes here, too. The vibe here can be a little too noisy at times. Reservations are a must. Note that this is not a place to go for scenic views -- only for the amazing food and great, friendly service.Special Features:
- CountryDined on 11/5/2014Lahaina Grill came recommended and lived up to all that was expected. The oyster appetizer was fabulous. The Hawaian snapper dish was a special. It was coated with herbs and macadamia nuts, and was perfectly prepared as was the mahi. The berry pie for dessert was a perfect ending. I would recommend it for a special night. Be sure to bring your wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!m4dallasDined on 11/5/2014Had an early reservation and the restaurant filled up quickly. My husband had the opah special that was delicious. We had to leave for a concert but would have preferred to linger longer and enjoy the cozy spot at the window.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealBsatovskDined on 11/4/2014No bad words can be said about this place. Visited the restaurant 3 times in 10 days. Absolutely love itSpecial Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/4/2014One of the best experiences ever and we do a lot of dining out. First, Due to some scheduling changes on our end we arrived too early for our 8:00 pm reservation so we had dinner at the bar rather than wait 45 mins for a table. Great service and great food. Great conversations with others adjoining us at the bar. Make your reservation when on Maui!Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentPracticeslohaDined on 11/4/2014Lahaina Grill is our top pick in Maui and in our top list worldwide. So excited they had Opakapaka the night we dined there--it's been hard to find--superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGamberg1Dined on 11/4/2014This place came recommended by a waiter in our hotel. Well worth going. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious. The presentation of everything we had was amazing. I would definitly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occassionkrishaasDined on 11/3/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner here. There's only one other dining experience I can remember where I've had such excellent service, and the food was superb. The server made spot on suggestions, and they treated us extra super special for our anniversary. Definitely would recommend to anyone dining in the area.Special Features:
- A Maui stapleMarkVIPDined on 11/3/2014No trip to Maui is complete without a visit to Lahaina grill. Best restaurant on the island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/3/2014This restaurant is outstanding! We booked based on the reviews and were not disappointed. Our waiter was attentive and helpful in making suggestions from their tantalizing menu. It was hard to choose but we shared the "cake walk" as an appetizer which is three diffent seafood cakes all delicious and distinct. Don't miss this! Then we enjoyed the fish special and the Oslo buck, both were excellent and unique. The restaurant is expensive but we don't mind paying when we get an exceptional meal. Best night out in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- main courses outstandingSusanADined on 11/2/2014Excellent opakapaka served on delicious mushroom risotto. Outstanding crusted ahi and notable mahi mahi. Appetizers were disappointing. Spring rolls & onion soup uninteresting. Salads very good. Service, both ours and at near by tables was excellent.Special Features:
- WonderfulAs1222Dined on 10/30/2014Every bite of food was delicious! From the herbed butter served with the rolls all the way to dessert. The waygu beef ravioli was amazing. It was hands down the best meal during our entire trip to Hawaii (Oahu and Maui)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014We have eaten at Lahaina Grill each time we visit Maui. This time the noise level was so high that we didn't enjoy it as much. I don't even remember what we ate.Special Features:
- Sh60Dined on 10/28/2014Great food, great service could not have asked for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great opakapakaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2014Really good food, service was very efficient but non personable... It was just our waitress as the table next to ours had a very personable waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food, excellent servicemiopeVIPDined on 10/27/2014If they only had a less freezing air-conditioning (but they offer you a chal if you feel cold, as part of their amazing level of attention for their customers), they had a nicer ambience (less bright lights and an interior with a bit less white) and they had less ambient noise, they would be on par with some 1-Michelin Star restaurants we've been. The food is truly outstanding, and the service does their best to make you feel comfortable while being unobtrusive.Special Features:
- Maui Da Kinenightout2die4Dined on 10/27/2014I think what made the dining experience wonderful was Richard our waiter. He made us feel like we were the only people there yet the place was packed. Thank every one there for a fantastic night.Special Features:
- Best EverACECfoodiesDined on 10/27/2014This and to be the best meal ever eaten. We had the fish special (apakakaka) and it was beyond good! Curried cauliflower and garlic butter was great. All in all, best place. Recommended to us by Governor Abercrombie at a conference on Big Island. He was right!Special Features:
- Best in HawaiiSteveVIPDined on 10/27/2014We have been dining at Lahaina Grill for 20+ years. It never disappoints us - always our best dinners in Hawaii. Great food and service. Dine in the bar area if you enjoy people watching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost Perfect ...SlvrbkDined on 10/27/2014Visited Lahaina Grill on a recent Monday based on a recommendation of a friend and overall were not disappointed. We had the Mahi Mahi special and the boneless short ribs both of which were excellent - the short ribs were probably the best we've ever tried. The wait staff was great - there when we needed them and not when we didn't. Energetic noise level, be prepared to speak with a raised voice. However, would definitely recommend - but bring your wallet - $$$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealBsatovskDined on 10/26/2014Great restaurant, great server. Anytime my family and friends come to visit i always talk them to Lahaina Grill. Its a must see place eat at.Special Features:
- Very good!ShirleygrlDined on 10/26/2014Shrimp appetizer was spectacular! Loved my shrimp enter as well! My husband had the mahi and was very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Maui GemFood4ThoughtDined on 10/26/2014Great service and outstanding cuisine. A real treat if you find yourself in downtown Lahaina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.