127 Lahainaluna Rd.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lahainagrill.com/
- Phone: 8086675117x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Nightly from 5:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Arnulfo Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's Dining Room seats 6 to 9 guests. The New Room at Lahaina Grill seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Debbi Fagan 8086675117x
A word from Lahaina Grill
Visit Lahaina Grill for innovative New American cuisine using techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivated by Maui's local farms, dairies, and surrounding waters. Lahaina Grill has been voted "Best Maui Restaurant" for TWENTY-ONE consecutive years by Honolulu Magazine readers' poll (1994-2014).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lahaina Grill - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Lahaina Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (173)fit for foodies (165)romantic (115)notable wine list (88)neighborhood gem (68)hot spot (43)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Lahaina GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Whenever we come to Maui, Lahaina Grill is on our list of restaurants to enjoy. We think it's one of the best for food, service and ambience. Every meal we had there has been perfect. Look forward to enjoying it again in the future.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding!TMdinersDined on 9/17/2014Best restaurant in lahaina. We had an outstanding meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef must have been on vacationTimboVIPDined on 9/17/2014Really overrated for the price. Salmon was average, minestrone soup was mushy not clean and vibrant. Caesar salad was pretty typical, lamb chops sauce was good and the lamb ok though. Bit underdone. Not worth $48. Based on the yelp reviews and ads we thought this was going to be the best in Lahaina. Good reputation not fulfilled in this case. If you are going to pay $200 you expect better.Special Features:
- Lived up to high recommendationsNDandeeDined on 9/12/2014We chose to dine at Lahaina Grill based on recommendations found online and while visiting with locals. We were so pleased with the experience - service was impeccable, food was incredible, and the ambiance was enjoyable. This is an experience we will recommend and seek again on our next visit to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John MarshallHappy2bmeDined on 9/10/2014The food is awesome. I can't get the tequila shrimp and firecracker rice out of my mind. Service was great and the rest of the meal divine.Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding Fine DiningSelectiveDined on 9/10/2014Absolutely the best food I've ever experienced. From start to finish everything was incredible (appetizer to dessert)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMGGLPpizzaDined on 9/10/2014Went twice both times over the top outstanding flavors on many levels I can't wait for my next visit. I have been to many very nice restaurants and this one is definitely number 1 food portions are good size you won't leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/8/2014Excellent service from the moment you walk in the door.Special Features:
- Not to be MissedBbcamposDined on 9/6/2014We went to Lahina Grill to celebrate an anniversary and it was fantastic. Noah was our waiter and he helped us make the best choices for our dinners. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and we were given such good attention - neither rushed nor waiting for help. We loved the Toy Box salad and the spinach salad sand the fish specials were fantastic. Do not miss the key lime tart. Will we go back? In a minute!Special Features:
- Lobster was fantastic!Bug1209Dined on 9/6/2014Took my husband to Lahania Grill, our favorite Lahaina restaurant for his birthday dinner. We split the buffalo tomato salad which was delicious, the tomatoes were perfect with a little Maui onion and great aged balsalmic vinegar. We splurged and each had the lobster, it was a lot of food but we managed to eat it all! The lobster was perfectly cooked and topped with foie gras - the entire meal was outstanding! We didn't order dessert, but out came the berry pie with a candle.... and we managed to eat it all. The service is always top notch at Lahainia Grill, attentive but not overly so, comparable to any five star dining experience. We'll definitely return to this wonderful restaurant, it is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lahaina GrillBam1111Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I always dine at the LG when visiting Maui. The food and service is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite in mauilovemeLahainatimeDined on 9/5/2014Always impeccable and good wine list. This is our favorite restaurant on Maui and this is a must restaurant every visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverVIPDined on 9/2/2014Once again, a fabulous meal at Lahaina Grill. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous way to celebrate birtbdayAxelDined on 9/2/2014Service was friendly and excellent. I had Ahi tuna which melted in my mouth with a sauce i could have licked from the plate. my sister had oso buco which fell of the bone. They were very sweet in celebrating my birthday with a dessert, candle,singing and a photo which they emailed to us. Just a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiDavidVIPDined on 8/31/2014Best food we had in Maui! No view, but the meal was great.Special Features:
- Lahina Gril ReviewRRMZVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was real slow and the food finally arrived, it was cold. They gave us a free dessert which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaviddavidVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very innovative menu; dishes artistically presented. Osso Bucco quite tender and flavorful- no knife needed; scallops fresh, sweet. Staff attentive to the correct levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to go!GreatDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went here on our first night in Maui. Food and service was outstanding. Food is a but pricey, but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute best food on Maui!CnlfoodieDined on 8/27/2014We have been coming back to Lahaina Grill year after year. The food is always fabulous, we are never disappointed! It is our favorite place to eat when we visit Maui. The Maui Onion and Sesame crusted Ahi is always amazing. Their fish specials are creative and delicious. My husband loves the filet of beef as well!Special Features:
- Upscale in LahainaFrompdxVIPDined on 8/26/2014Second visit to this great restaurant. Service is top notch and food is outstanding - and beautifully presented. Appreciated server and kitchen's willingness to create a vegetarian option that was not on the menu. While not on the waterfront, the tasteful and bright decor gives this location it's upscale, modern feel. Runs to the expensive end (even for Maui), but worth it for a special night or celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mos205VIPDined on 8/26/2014Awesome. Everything we tried was delicious. Such a nice find in a very touristy area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!HeatherjoDined on 8/26/2014We had a fantastic dinner at the Lahaina Grill. Our server was very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable about the wine list. Our daughter requires gluten free child and I am dairy/egg free. Our server spoke with the chef and dishes were modified accordingly. Our meals were absolutely delicious. Our two girls accompanied us (they have good restaurant behavior). The server was attentive to them and the kids meals were also delicious.Special Features:
- Great vacation findKsreviewsDined on 8/21/2014Both of us had the salmon and it was delicious. Lots on menu to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experiencekatea12Dined on 8/20/2014Our dining experience at Lahaina Grill was unforgettable. The food and service were some of the best we have had. Not an experience to miss!!Special Features:
- Very overratedDclakerDined on 8/19/2014I've had this reservation for months yet we got to sit in fron of the very noisy waiters' station. Other tables were open. I know many people Gave the service high ratings but I found it patronizing (waiter) and annoying (each couple sips of water brought back the attendant to refill our glasses and interrupting conversation continuously. Many would welcome this service but it's not the kind that impresses me. Most importantly, the fish whose name I cannot remember but which was promised as flakie than Mahi Mahi ( which I thought about ordering) was over cooked and dry. Apologies to those who think its spectacular here but my order alone cost $70 and would not have been worth even $35.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableHusbandandwifeDined on 8/19/2014Listen to the waiter. Mike our waiter was great . We ordered a lot of food and he suggested that we might want to cut back a bit as the food is very filling ( and tasted great). Mike made our dining experience very enjoyable .Special Features:
- Outstanding!ellyndDined on 8/18/2014This was our 12th trip to Maui and our 12th dinner at Old Lahaina Grill, (even though it hasn't been called that all that time), every time we are there it is the best dinner ever!, One of my favorites and certainly a not to miss place! everything is superb! do not miss it when you go to Maui...we tried a few other places this time new places and they just don't measure up. New restaurants, if you want to find out what the secret is, go to Lahaina Grill and just sit and watch everything take place, its like a well orchestrated play, leaving you wanting for more at the end. When you keave you feel so good, its incredible!Special Features:
- Superb ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014This was our first (and certainly not last) time eating here. Our friends raved about it but, for whatever reason, we never made it out to Lahaina Grill until tonight. I wish we had gone there sooner! The service was excellent, the ambiance was perfect, it was clean, the food was incredible, and overall it was fantastic! I had the short ribs and my wife had the salmon...both were delicious. The food came quick, our drinks were tended to regularly and the servers were attentive but not overly, in-your-face kind of attentive. We didn't feel rushed either which is nice when you are celebrating a special occasion. It's not cheap but it was certainly worth the price! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/15/2014I love the Lahaina Grill. It is top notch across the board. We had Richard as our server, and I also overhead he is the wine expert, or sommelier. I had the catch of the day, which was wonderful, and my wife had the scallops. I loved the foie gras appetizer, and I should for $33. Yikes! Hey, but I am on vacation, and Foie Gras is banned in California. It is expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- BeautifulToniDined on 8/14/2014The food, the atmosphere , the art work, wow. The artwork was eye catching peaceful and have us the impression of being in Europe. Loved everything about the place!Special Features:
- Overrated and OverpricedLovetheIslandsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Eh. I don't get it. Everything here was fine. Nowhere close to a culinary landmark or memorable experience, definitely not worthy of the prices. It doesn't come close to other places on the island like Mama's or Roys.
- Lahania GrillJoeyDined on 8/13/2014First time dining at Lahaina Grill and we were very pleased with food and service. The ravioli appetizer was excellent. I would definately recommend Lahaina Grill.Special Features:
- Worth the priceSassydawnbDined on 8/13/2014It's not easy to get a reservation but it was worth it. The food was outstanding even though it's pricey it was worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two4dinnerDined on 8/9/2014Had a fabulous meal here three years ago. This time around some dishes were definitely better than others and we were not as impressed with the menu. The service was excellent and the ambiance was good so we still enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bako1Bako1Dined on 8/9/2014first visit to the Lahaina Grill and understand why it is considered the #1 spot in Maui. All aspects were a 10/10... ambience, food, wine list, service all fantastic. A must return on our next visit. Only suggestion.. wished they offered a corkage fee to customers.Special Features:
- Did not disappoint!RobertDined on 8/5/2014The meal was by far the best we had on the island. The service was fantastic and the pace of the meal was great. The price was steep but we walked out of there feeling like royalty and we are just regular folk from Canada. Aloha!Special Features:
- Best restaurant on the islandOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014No fancy view at this little gem but best food and best service in all of Maui. You come here for the excellent service and well thought out and perfectly executed food. Staff goes above and beyond to make your meal remarkable. Love this place. We come back here every time we are in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014We had the chef's table which provided us with semi-private dining. Wait staff was very attentive. I had the seafood chile relleno appetizer and the lamp chop entree. Delicious. Others at our table had the spring roll, crab cake, and tomato buffalo salad to start, followed by scallops, mahi-mahi, and vegetarian entree. Everyone just loved it. I enjoy a nice break in between courses and they provided that. Excellent meal. Not inexpensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth watering food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food was outstanding, the service was great, everyone was friendly and the food meet expectations. We noticed the hostess gave a birthday card to a little girl and anniversary card to another couple from the staff. A nice added bonus for those occasions. My wife and I had the salmon and mahi mahi it lived up the expectations!! If there was one complaint it would be that dinner was expensive. It is definitely a place for a special occasion. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great place to dineKrysiaDined on 8/2/2014Upon arrival we were greeted with wonderful friendly staff!! The waiter explained all the specials which I loved the sound of the Lobster!! My husband enjoyed another special the Opakapaka fish! Both presented beautifully!! The Chef did a great couple of dishes!! We will definitely return to Lahaina Grill before we leave Maui to go back to Australia!! Thank you Lahaina Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.