127 Lahainaluna Rd.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lahainagrill.com/
- Phone: 8086675117x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Nightly from 5:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Arnulfo Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's Dining Room seats 6 to 9 guests. The New Room at Lahaina Grill seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Debbi Fagan 8086675117x
A word from Lahaina Grill
Visit Lahaina Grill for innovative New American cuisine using techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivated by Maui's local farms, dairies, and surrounding waters. Lahaina Grill has been voted "Best Maui Restaurant" for TWENTY-ONE consecutive years by Honolulu Magazine readers' poll (1994-2014).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lahaina Grill - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Lahaina Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
251 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (185)fit for foodies (167)romantic (120)notable wine list (100)neighborhood gem (70)hot spot (44)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (16)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lahina Gril ReviewRRMZVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was real slow and the food finally arrived, it was cold. They gave us a free dessert which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaviddavidVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very innovative menu; dishes artistically presented. Osso Bucco quite tender and flavorful- no knife needed; scallops fresh, sweet. Staff attentive to the correct levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to go!GreatDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went here on our first night in Maui. Food and service was outstanding. Food is a but pricey, but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute best food on Maui!CnlfoodieDined on 8/27/2014We have been coming back to Lahaina Grill year after year. The food is always fabulous, we are never disappointed! It is our favorite place to eat when we visit Maui. The Maui Onion and Sesame crusted Ahi is always amazing. Their fish specials are creative and delicious. My husband loves the filet of beef as well!Special Features:
- Upscale in LahainaFrompdxVIPDined on 8/26/2014Second visit to this great restaurant. Service is top notch and food is outstanding - and beautifully presented. Appreciated server and kitchen's willingness to create a vegetarian option that was not on the menu. While not on the waterfront, the tasteful and bright decor gives this location it's upscale, modern feel. Runs to the expensive end (even for Maui), but worth it for a special night or celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mos205VIPDined on 8/26/2014Awesome. Everything we tried was delicious. Such a nice find in a very touristy area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!HeatherjoDined on 8/26/2014We had a fantastic dinner at the Lahaina Grill. Our server was very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable about the wine list. Our daughter requires gluten free child and I am dairy/egg free. Our server spoke with the chef and dishes were modified accordingly. Our meals were absolutely delicious. Our two girls accompanied us (they have good restaurant behavior). The server was attentive to them and the kids meals were also delicious.Special Features:
- Great vacation findKsreviewsDined on 8/21/2014Both of us had the salmon and it was delicious. Lots on menu to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experiencekatea12Dined on 8/20/2014Our dining experience at Lahaina Grill was unforgettable. The food and service were some of the best we have had. Not an experience to miss!!Special Features:
- Very overratedDclakerDined on 8/19/2014I've had this reservation for months yet we got to sit in fron of the very noisy waiters' station. Other tables were open. I know many people Gave the service high ratings but I found it patronizing (waiter) and annoying (each couple sips of water brought back the attendant to refill our glasses and interrupting conversation continuously. Many would welcome this service but it's not the kind that impresses me. Most importantly, the fish whose name I cannot remember but which was promised as flakie than Mahi Mahi ( which I thought about ordering) was over cooked and dry. Apologies to those who think its spectacular here but my order alone cost $70 and would not have been worth even $35.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableHusbandandwifeDined on 8/19/2014Listen to the waiter. Mike our waiter was great . We ordered a lot of food and he suggested that we might want to cut back a bit as the food is very filling ( and tasted great). Mike made our dining experience very enjoyable .Special Features:
- Outstanding!ellyndDined on 8/18/2014This was our 12th trip to Maui and our 12th dinner at Old Lahaina Grill, (even though it hasn't been called that all that time), every time we are there it is the best dinner ever!, One of my favorites and certainly a not to miss place! everything is superb! do not miss it when you go to Maui...we tried a few other places this time new places and they just don't measure up. New restaurants, if you want to find out what the secret is, go to Lahaina Grill and just sit and watch everything take place, its like a well orchestrated play, leaving you wanting for more at the end. When you keave you feel so good, its incredible!Special Features:
- Superb ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014This was our first (and certainly not last) time eating here. Our friends raved about it but, for whatever reason, we never made it out to Lahaina Grill until tonight. I wish we had gone there sooner! The service was excellent, the ambiance was perfect, it was clean, the food was incredible, and overall it was fantastic! I had the short ribs and my wife had the salmon...both were delicious. The food came quick, our drinks were tended to regularly and the servers were attentive but not overly, in-your-face kind of attentive. We didn't feel rushed either which is nice when you are celebrating a special occasion. It's not cheap but it was certainly worth the price! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/15/2014I love the Lahaina Grill. It is top notch across the board. We had Richard as our server, and I also overhead he is the wine expert, or sommelier. I had the catch of the day, which was wonderful, and my wife had the scallops. I loved the foie gras appetizer, and I should for $33. Yikes! Hey, but I am on vacation, and Foie Gras is banned in California. It is expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- BeautifulToniDined on 8/14/2014The food, the atmosphere , the art work, wow. The artwork was eye catching peaceful and have us the impression of being in Europe. Loved everything about the place!Special Features:
- Overrated and OverpricedLovetheIslandsVIPDined on 8/14/2014Eh. I don't get it. Everything here was fine. Nowhere close to a culinary landmark or memorable experience, definitely not worthy of the prices. It doesn't come close to other places on the island like Mama's or Roys.
- Lahania GrillJoeyDined on 8/13/2014First time dining at Lahaina Grill and we were very pleased with food and service. The ravioli appetizer was excellent. I would definately recommend Lahaina Grill.Special Features:
- Worth the priceSassydawnbDined on 8/13/2014It's not easy to get a reservation but it was worth it. The food was outstanding even though it's pricey it was worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two4dinnerDined on 8/9/2014Had a fabulous meal here three years ago. This time around some dishes were definitely better than others and we were not as impressed with the menu. The service was excellent and the ambiance was good so we still enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bako1Bako1Dined on 8/9/2014first visit to the Lahaina Grill and understand why it is considered the #1 spot in Maui. All aspects were a 10/10... ambience, food, wine list, service all fantastic. A must return on our next visit. Only suggestion.. wished they offered a corkage fee to customers.Special Features:
- Did not disappoint!RobertDined on 8/5/2014The meal was by far the best we had on the island. The service was fantastic and the pace of the meal was great. The price was steep but we walked out of there feeling like royalty and we are just regular folk from Canada. Aloha!Special Features:
- Best restaurant on the islandOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014No fancy view at this little gem but best food and best service in all of Maui. You come here for the excellent service and well thought out and perfectly executed food. Staff goes above and beyond to make your meal remarkable. Love this place. We come back here every time we are in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014We had the chef's table which provided us with semi-private dining. Wait staff was very attentive. I had the seafood chile relleno appetizer and the lamp chop entree. Delicious. Others at our table had the spring roll, crab cake, and tomato buffalo salad to start, followed by scallops, mahi-mahi, and vegetarian entree. Everyone just loved it. I enjoy a nice break in between courses and they provided that. Excellent meal. Not inexpensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth watering food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The food was outstanding, the service was great, everyone was friendly and the food meet expectations. We noticed the hostess gave a birthday card to a little girl and anniversary card to another couple from the staff. A nice added bonus for those occasions. My wife and I had the salmon and mahi mahi it lived up the expectations!! If there was one complaint it would be that dinner was expensive. It is definitely a place for a special occasion. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great place to dineKrysiaDined on 8/2/2014Upon arrival we were greeted with wonderful friendly staff!! The waiter explained all the specials which I loved the sound of the Lobster!! My husband enjoyed another special the Opakapaka fish! Both presented beautifully!! The Chef did a great couple of dishes!! We will definitely return to Lahaina Grill before we leave Maui to go back to Australia!! Thank you Lahaina Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in MauiCleeDined on 8/1/2014I've lived in Maui for two months and I've been on a mission to find the best restaurant on the Island. Lahaina grill is unquestionably the best! The tomato and mozzarella is the best I've ever had and I lived in Las Vegas for eight years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ DinnerSAFrankVIPDined on 8/1/2014The easiest way to review our dinner is to say that the Lahaina Grill is as good if not better than Mama's Fish house at half the cost. The Cakewalk appetizer is amazing, almost would have liked to order a dinner plate but knew I had to try something else! We had been to Maui before, but missed this place, they don't have a view of the water, but with service and food this good, it really wasn't missed. Our server was Dale and he was excellent, knew the menu, was always available and made our dinner that much more enjoyable. Next trip in, we'll be back, not sure we can wait another 2 years though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supper on 31 JulyFBsonTourDined on 8/1/2014I had supper in your restaurant on 31 July with my to daughters. We all agreed afterwards that it was the best meal we had ever had. One of the things that made the evening such a success was the extremely courteous and professional service we received from Mary Crumbacher. She is the best restaurant staff we have ever encountered. Our evening was expensive, but worth every penny. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent foodDeanoinNewOrleansDined on 8/1/2014We had the wagyu beef ravioli and the cake walk for appetizers and both were delicious. We also had the opakapaka fish special and the mahi mahi and both were excellent. The pork chop is double cut and huge. It was properly cooked as well. Order this if you like pork and a big appetite. The meatballs were also very good. Highly recommend this restaurant. The price is a bit on the high side but it's well worth it.Special Features:
- Kaour0820kaoru0820Dined on 7/31/2014Wonderful and fantastic food best in Hawaii so far, especially sea food was great. Warm acceptance by waiters are also very nice. Much better than Roy's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningCatsRuleDined on 7/30/2014Food was excellent. I had the scallops and my husband had the catch of the today. Service was great. Attentive, but not annoying. Will be back if we ever return to Lahaina.Special Features:
- All-Around FabulousSuzfoodDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful dining experience from beginning to end! Waitstaff was outstanding! Excellent salad, main course and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014We had a nice meal here for our party of eight but probably wouldn't come back. The ahi tuna, both as part of the "cake walk" and as an entree was excellent, but the rest of the fish (both an opakapaka special and the mahimahi) were just OK. Some of the sauces missed the mark and overall there was too much going on for what should have been very fresh subtlety flavored fish, like the apple beurre blanc reduction for the ahi. They should try to simplify things a bit. The dessert sampler was very nice (esp the "road to hana") but even that wasn't awesome. For nearly $500 (with almost no alcohol) it really should have been better. Certainly this is not up to San Francisco standards for the price. Go with Mama's Fish House.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningGlomenDined on 7/26/2014Spent my 20 year anniversary dinner here while visiting Maui. Enjoyed everything about the dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful!caspermountainDined on 7/24/2014Truely a great dining experience in Maui. The service was friendly and exceptionally attentive. Food preparation and presentation and presentation was exceptional.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014By far the best service we have had in a resturant. My husband and I are foodies and the waiter (Michael) was amazing. Explained in detail out meals and how to prepare them at home! Totally would recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant good serviceTonyDined on 7/23/2014Enjoyed my dinner at Lahaina Grill. Will definitely go again and will recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in MauikimosabiVIPDined on 7/21/2014One of the best meal we have ever had in Maui going over 30 years. From the bread to the dessert, everything we ate were extremely tasty and delicious. We will definitely come back to this world class (but modest looking) restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Maui.GrillguyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Better than Merimans and Mamas Fish House. Gotta go here but there is no view. You can catch sunset in lahaina if you time right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th AnniversarygreatniteoutDined on 7/17/2014We had a great time for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. It was great service Del was our server and he was very nice! I had the Lobster special which was outstanding and my husband had the Filet Minion and again mouth watering. We enjoyed ourselves and would highly recommend the Lahaina Grill. It is expensive but worth the indulgence. Thanks Ramona and Paul from NYSpecial Features: