127 Lahainaluna Rd.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lahainagrill.com/
- Phone: 8086675117x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Nightly from 5:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Arnulfo Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's Dining Room seats 6 to 9 guests. The New Room at Lahaina Grill seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Debbi Fagan 8086675117x
A word from Lahaina Grill
Visit Lahaina Grill for innovative New American cuisine using techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivated by Maui's local farms, dairies, and surrounding waters. Lahaina Grill has been voted "Best Maui Restaurant" for TWENTY-ONE consecutive years by Honolulu Magazine readers' poll (1994-2014).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lahaina Grill - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Lahaina Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
242 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (178)fit for foodies (171)romantic (116)notable wine list (90)neighborhood gem (68)hot spot (44)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Wow!MauinokaoiDined on 9/26/2014Amazing food on Maui but this topped it all! All around fantastic experience and meal. Don't miss LG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014My first time dining at The Lahaina Grill and it's now my favorite restaurant on Maui. The food is outstanding, the ambiance romantic and fun, and the service beyond compare. While it's pricey, the entire experience is worth the cost. If you get a chance to go to Maui, don't miss out going to this spectacular restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your own wine NOT allowedPapaEvansDined on 9/25/2014Lahaina Grill has great food. In its category it's the best on Lahaina Town, without question. However we have one gripe, and it's a big one. Recently Maui passed a law that allows diners to bring their own bottle of wine to a restaurant, pay a corkage fee and enjoy a wine that they bring in to the restaurant themselves. Lahaina Grill still refuses to allow you to bring your own wine. We understand why one shouldn't be able to bring a bottle that's on Lahaina Grill's wine list, but we are irritated that they refuse to allow diners to bring their own unique bottle. I hope management and the owner will review their policy and rethink their decision.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014The Lahaina Grill is a must "experience" when on Maui. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience we've had!JustmauiedDined on 9/24/2014We were on our honeymoon from Philadelphia and staying just north of Lahaina. Service and food were out of this world. They volunteered to take a honeymoon picture and email it to us. My wife's ahi tuna melted in your mouth. Portions were large. No ocean views, but everything else was top notch! I'd tell anyone staying on this side of island it is a must eat! Thanks lahaina grill for making Maui even more memorable than it already wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I might give it a second tryMasteronegolfDined on 9/23/2014The Beef Carpaccio was a bit over the top with way too much lemon zest flavor over powered the dish. The fried capers were bland. Bone in Rib was underdone & the bufala tomato salad was a hit . Staff was A +Special Features:
- Great surpriseGoodeater41Dined on 9/22/2014We had been in Maui for three days and we wanted to find a nice relaxing restaurant with great food and service. We saw the restaurant while walking through Lahaina and it looked like the place we had in mind. I made reservations that night and went the next evening for dinner. What great service, the staff was very hospitable and informative about the menu. The food was outstanding, from beginning to end. Overall, a great dining experience, I can see why they received so many high ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Service & FoodLaniDined on 9/21/2014Everything about our dining experience at Lahaina grill was Excellent! We were welcomed with charm by the hostess and wait staff. We were celebrating my completion of Maui's Half Marathon and this restaurant was highly recommended by couple of my friends. Our waitress (Lisa McGhee) was full of energy, very friendly, very knowledgeable, and tended to our every need. She's a perfect model for all waiters and waitresses out there! The food was excellent! I had the special of the night, Panko crusted Opakapaka over Risotto and my boyfriend had braised short ribs... We both enjoyed our meals!!! The environment was comfortable, not too hoity toity. A perfect way to end our evening in Lahaina! Thank you for a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Another Great MealKootenayFoodieDined on 9/21/2014We have been to the Lahaina Grill several times over the years. The thing I'm most impressed by is how consistent the level of service is each time we go. The food wash high quality like always. It is a little expensive to some, but you get what you pay for. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still outstandingPinot1VIPDined on 9/21/2014We are on island for two to three months each year. While we often try the" new" restaurants, LG continues to be outstanding in every way. Save your money and skip the mediocre restaurants. Make it a point to dine here.Special Features:
- LAhina GrillRoccaVIPDined on 9/20/2014This place is for special occasions. The food is excellent but comes at a price. Portions are actually quite nice, I had the pork loin (actually got two,) and the wife had the Opaka special. She loved it. Really thought the wine list was very extensive but again, $$$$. Service is quite enjoyable with conversations abounding from the entire staff. Since we go to Maui every other year, I look forward to going back in 2016.Special Features:
- Lahaina GrillTomPamDined on 9/18/2014Whenever we come to Maui, Lahaina Grill is on our list of restaurants to enjoy. We think it's one of the best for food, service and ambience. Every meal we had there has been perfect. Look forward to enjoying it again in the future.Special Features:
- Best Dining on the IslandEeclaireDined on 9/18/2014We have been to Maui numerous times and somehow had missed dining at Lahaina Grill. This experience did not disappoint! Our server was very polished and helpful - not pushy. The Maui onion and sesame seed crusted seared ahi was the best I have ever eaten - it melted in my mouth. My husband had their opakapaka with a champagne ginger sauce as a daily special and loved it! The menu is excellent - although pricy. We will absolutely be back - it is better than Mama's Fish House!Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding!TMdinersDined on 9/17/2014Best restaurant in lahaina. We had an outstanding meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef must have been on vacationTimboVIPDined on 9/17/2014Really overrated for the price. Salmon was average, minestrone soup was mushy not clean and vibrant. Caesar salad was pretty typical, lamb chops sauce was good and the lamb ok though. Bit underdone. Not worth $48. Based on the yelp reviews and ads we thought this was going to be the best in Lahaina. Good reputation not fulfilled in this case. If you are going to pay $200 you expect better.Special Features:
- Lived up to high recommendationsNDandeeDined on 9/12/2014We chose to dine at Lahaina Grill based on recommendations found online and while visiting with locals. We were so pleased with the experience - service was impeccable, food was incredible, and the ambiance was enjoyable. This is an experience we will recommend and seek again on our next visit to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John MarshallHappy2bmeDined on 9/10/2014The food is awesome. I can't get the tequila shrimp and firecracker rice out of my mind. Service was great and the rest of the meal divine.Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding Fine DiningSelectiveDined on 9/10/2014Absolutely the best food I've ever experienced. From start to finish everything was incredible (appetizer to dessert)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMGGLPpizzaDined on 9/10/2014Went twice both times over the top outstanding flavors on many levels I can't wait for my next visit. I have been to many very nice restaurants and this one is definitely number 1 food portions are good size you won't leave hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/8/2014Excellent service from the moment you walk in the door.Special Features:
- Not to be MissedBbcamposDined on 9/6/2014We went to Lahina Grill to celebrate an anniversary and it was fantastic. Noah was our waiter and he helped us make the best choices for our dinners. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and we were given such good attention - neither rushed nor waiting for help. We loved the Toy Box salad and the spinach salad sand the fish specials were fantastic. Do not miss the key lime tart. Will we go back? In a minute!Special Features:
- Lobster was fantastic!Bug1209Dined on 9/6/2014Took my husband to Lahania Grill, our favorite Lahaina restaurant for his birthday dinner. We split the buffalo tomato salad which was delicious, the tomatoes were perfect with a little Maui onion and great aged balsalmic vinegar. We splurged and each had the lobster, it was a lot of food but we managed to eat it all! The lobster was perfectly cooked and topped with foie gras - the entire meal was outstanding! We didn't order dessert, but out came the berry pie with a candle.... and we managed to eat it all. The service is always top notch at Lahainia Grill, attentive but not overly so, comparable to any five star dining experience. We'll definitely return to this wonderful restaurant, it is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lahaina GrillBam1111Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I always dine at the LG when visiting Maui. The food and service is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite in mauilovemeLahainatimeDined on 9/5/2014Always impeccable and good wine list. This is our favorite restaurant on Maui and this is a must restaurant every visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverVIPDined on 9/2/2014Once again, a fabulous meal at Lahaina Grill. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous way to celebrate birtbdayAxelDined on 9/2/2014Service was friendly and excellent. I had Ahi tuna which melted in my mouth with a sauce i could have licked from the plate. my sister had oso buco which fell of the bone. They were very sweet in celebrating my birthday with a dessert, candle,singing and a photo which they emailed to us. Just a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best eats in Maui!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Lahaina Grill is the best restaurant I've been to ever. Everything from the service to the food was top notch. In Maui I found that most restaurants tend to have the same items. Not Lahaina Grill. Their menu is unlike any other menu in Maui. When I go to Maui again I will most likely eat there multiple times as I know I will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MauiDavidVIPDined on 8/31/2014Best food we had in Maui! No view, but the meal was great.Special Features:
- Lahina Gril ReviewRRMZVIPDined on 8/30/2014Service was real slow and the food finally arrived, it was cold. They gave us a free dessert which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaviddavidVIPDined on 8/29/2014Very innovative menu; dishes artistically presented. Osso Bucco quite tender and flavorful- no knife needed; scallops fresh, sweet. Staff attentive to the correct levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to go!GreatDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went here on our first night in Maui. Food and service was outstanding. Food is a but pricey, but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute best food on Maui!CnlfoodieDined on 8/27/2014We have been coming back to Lahaina Grill year after year. The food is always fabulous, we are never disappointed! It is our favorite place to eat when we visit Maui. The Maui Onion and Sesame crusted Ahi is always amazing. Their fish specials are creative and delicious. My husband loves the filet of beef as well!Special Features:
- Upscale in LahainaFrompdxVIPDined on 8/26/2014Second visit to this great restaurant. Service is top notch and food is outstanding - and beautifully presented. Appreciated server and kitchen's willingness to create a vegetarian option that was not on the menu. While not on the waterfront, the tasteful and bright decor gives this location it's upscale, modern feel. Runs to the expensive end (even for Maui), but worth it for a special night or celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mos205VIPDined on 8/26/2014Awesome. Everything we tried was delicious. Such a nice find in a very touristy area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!HeatherjoDined on 8/26/2014We had a fantastic dinner at the Lahaina Grill. Our server was very attentive, friendly and knowledgeable about the wine list. Our daughter requires gluten free child and I am dairy/egg free. Our server spoke with the chef and dishes were modified accordingly. Our meals were absolutely delicious. Our two girls accompanied us (they have good restaurant behavior). The server was attentive to them and the kids meals were also delicious.Special Features:
- Great vacation findKsreviewsDined on 8/21/2014Both of us had the salmon and it was delicious. Lots on menu to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experiencekatea12Dined on 8/20/2014Our dining experience at Lahaina Grill was unforgettable. The food and service were some of the best we have had. Not an experience to miss!!Special Features:
- Very overratedDclakerDined on 8/19/2014I've had this reservation for months yet we got to sit in fron of the very noisy waiters' station. Other tables were open. I know many people Gave the service high ratings but I found it patronizing (waiter) and annoying (each couple sips of water brought back the attendant to refill our glasses and interrupting conversation continuously. Many would welcome this service but it's not the kind that impresses me. Most importantly, the fish whose name I cannot remember but which was promised as flakie than Mahi Mahi ( which I thought about ordering) was over cooked and dry. Apologies to those who think its spectacular here but my order alone cost $70 and would not have been worth even $35.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableHusbandandwifeDined on 8/19/2014Listen to the waiter. Mike our waiter was great . We ordered a lot of food and he suggested that we might want to cut back a bit as the food is very filling ( and tasted great). Mike made our dining experience very enjoyable .Special Features:
- Outstanding!ellyndDined on 8/18/2014This was our 12th trip to Maui and our 12th dinner at Old Lahaina Grill, (even though it hasn't been called that all that time), every time we are there it is the best dinner ever!, One of my favorites and certainly a not to miss place! everything is superb! do not miss it when you go to Maui...we tried a few other places this time new places and they just don't measure up. New restaurants, if you want to find out what the secret is, go to Lahaina Grill and just sit and watch everything take place, its like a well orchestrated play, leaving you wanting for more at the end. When you keave you feel so good, its incredible!Special Features: