127 Lahainaluna Rd.
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lahainagrill.com/
- Phone: 8086675117x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Nightly from 5:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Arnulfo Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Chef's Dining Room seats 6 to 9 guests. The New Room at Lahaina Grill seats up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Debbi Fagan 8086675117x
A word from Lahaina Grill
Visit Lahaina Grill for innovative New American cuisine using techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivated by Maui's local farms, dairies, and surrounding waters. Lahaina Grill has been voted "Best Maui Restaurant" for TWENTY-ONE consecutive years by Honolulu Magazine readers' poll (1994-2014).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lahaina Grill - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Lahaina Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
263 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (196)special occasion (189)romantic (122)notable wine list (102)neighborhood gem (79)hot spot (50)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Excellent restaurant but a noisyLocal2Dined on 10/23/2014We have been eating here for years and the food is always outstanding and the opakapaka was this visit as well however it did take a lot longer than normal to be delivered to out table this visit. We also shared a beet salad and a chili relleno which were both really good. We usually have the berry pie for dessert but we were so stuffed this time we decided to pass on dessert. Not sure why it took so long this visit to get our food. Restaurant was busy but it's always busy however the noise level was higher than normal this visit. Restaurant has low ceilings and not much in the way of noise absorbing materials so it can get really noisy.Special Features:
- A Great ExperienceJohnBird942Dined on 10/23/2014A wonderful dining experience on Maui. Service was outstanding with waiter Richard. We highly recommend this restaurant for the full Maui experience. The seafood was excellent and you won't want to miss the mushroom risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/22/2014Outstanding service provided by Dale from the moment we sat down. Excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014Each dish was perfect and the service was excellent. Love the paintings of flowers as a setting.Special Features:
- Ok, but not the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014The appetizers are amazing, great flavor. The service is a little slower in comparison to others- but definitely a great place to go in Lahania. In all of Maui, if you are looking for that amazing restaurant go to Mama's Fish House.Special Features:
- Just okayCal007VIPDined on 10/21/2014In every respect, this restaurant was just okay. I really wanted to like this place and reserved it for our romantic night out, but I do not think the experience warranted the very premium prices and would not recommend this restaurant to a friend.
- Not as ExpectedOboomer1VIPDined on 10/20/2014Well, it was 6 years before we returned to the Lahaina Grill and quite frankly I shall never return. The food has definitely gone downhill. When the Grill was first David Paul's it was remarkable and even when it became The Lahaina Grill it was so. Can't explain what happened but after ordering the Occo Bucco and my husband the short ribs the meat was full of fat and not moist. Not wanting to make a big deal out of it, we did not say anything - our waitress Lisa was fabulous and made up for the food.Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/20/2014The best meal we had on Maui, and the best meal I've had in recent memory. Fresh fish was outstanding. The mixed berry pie is great, but a bit tart. This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningCoronadoDinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Excellent service. Very good food. Bufala tomato appetizer delicious. Authentic Caesar salad. Great bread and herbed butter. Enjoyed the seafood special - extremely fresh. Above average filet cooked to order. A very good dinner in Hawaii? Yes. One of the best restaurants in the U.S. according to TripAdvisor? No.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014The food was exceptional and our waiter provided excellent suggestions.Special Features:
- Outstanding!LuvyummyeatsDined on 10/17/2014Dinner and service was A plus..the berry pie was incredible!Special Features:
- Fantastic Food, Great ServiceJCMGDined on 10/16/2014Loved having dinner here on our last night in Maui. The food was beautifully prepared and plated. The drinks were great. Our server was knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:
- NhfoodieDined on 10/16/2014Went because of tripadvisor reviews and wasn't disappointed with food or service. Tables are a little too close together. Fish special was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal on Maui!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Every bite was great! Great service! Don't miss this experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpakaliciousKellyDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I have not been tot his restaurant in 8 years, but it was as fantastic as we remembered. The beef ravioli appetizer was amazing and the opakappaka was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitHungryVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our waiter Richard was excellent. Upscale restaurant with excellent food with great service. Richard offered some great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShadowDined on 10/15/2014I have dined here many times over the years and they consistantly provide outstanding food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable DinnerJimSJVIPDined on 10/13/2014Great food, great wine list, we'll worth the price. A bit loud was the only drawbackSpecial Features:
- Have to eat at Lahaina Grill-Maui!!Ginamaria627Dined on 10/12/2014When first walking in, got a romantic & nice feeling atmosphere. The service was awesome, waiter had personality to offer along with knowledge. The food was outstandingly delicious! Definitely a must go to when visiting Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deserving of the praise it getsformerfoodieDined on 10/12/2014Very nice atmosphere and service, in a good location. The menu is very interesting and similar to what you would expect to find at any of the top bistros or contemporary American restaurants in a major US city. The execution could have been slightly better on some dishes, e.g. short ribs that had a sightly tough and stringy texture, bit otherwise I have no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon BlissBwestDined on 10/11/2014The food, drinks, service and atmosphere made for an amazing night for the first night of our honeymoon on Maui. The food was fantastic and the service was top notch. This is definitely a place not to be missed if you are on Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasionLove2eatDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our honeymoon and my sister and brother in laws anniversary here, by recommendation of a friend. We were sort of taken aback by the pricing, but that was to be expected in Hawaii. The only issue we had was that I was tired of fish, and the other three are non fish eaters so there were minimal options to choose from. We had spring rolls as an appetizer which I really wasn't a fan of. My husband had the chicken which he enjoyed and I had the shrimp which was just ok. I would check the menu before making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Had a dinner at the Lahaina Grill on one of our last nights in Maui. We ordered a lamb entree and a special, the "OMG lobster" dish. The lamb was a little dry/less flavorful than we would have liked, but the lobster special was amazing with juicy large pieces of lobster and a generous portion of foie gras as well. For the drinks, one of the drinks was not to our liking and the server quickly switched it out for another that was excellent. All in all an excellent dining experience and fantastic service!Special Features:
- Made our night extra memorable!ArbonnemamaDined on 10/7/2014We were celebrating our 21st anniversary. Having multiple food allergies can really put a kink in going out. I made sure to make them aware when I made the res. We were greeted with smiles & kindness from every member of the staff we came in contact with. You would love to say this kind of attitude is the norm when dining out but it sadly isn't always the case, but at Lahaina it is. Our waiters Sergio & Ivan went above & beyond to make sure everything was just right. A gal came to take our pic (I expected the ploy "if you want it you have to pay for it"), but no it was yet another courtesy they offer their guests along with a sweet anniversary card from the entire staff. One of the best meals we ever enjoyed, my hubby was elated. Mahalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals I've ever hadMmmmmfoodDined on 10/7/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend, and I'm so glad we made a reservation while visiting Maui for our honeymoon. The wagyu beef ravioli appetizer was completely amazing, their version of the caprese salad was the best I've ever had! The mozzarella was the softest I've had. The scallops were huge and wonderful. The best of the night had to be the seared ahi with sesame seeds that my husband got. It melted in your mouth, and had the most perfect flavor you could ask for! On top of that, our server was great! It was based mostly on his recommendation what we ended up ordering. You don't want to miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starspinkerDined on 10/6/20145 star dining and service. The waiter was spot on. Everything he recommended was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in LahainaMichaelDined on 10/3/2014We will return again before departing for the Mainland during our yearly Maui week. It is an exceptional dining experience and you will leave happy and satiated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honeymoon DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014We made reservations with Lahaina Grill when we were in Hawaii celebrating our honeymoon. The food was outstanding and prepared/cooked perfectly. The waitstaff was extremely friendly and welcoming. Knowing it was a special occassion, a hostess came to congratulate us, take our picture, and email it to us to have as a keepsake. Definite place to eat while in Maui!Special Features:
- RobertDined on 10/2/2014Must be one of the best restaurants anywhere, will enjoy our return . a must visit in MauiSpecial Features:
- Great two times same weekTBIRDDined on 10/1/2014Just as good or better than remembered. We dined twice this time, 10/1 & 10/4. Excellent greeting, ambiance, service and real tasty food. Fresh, fresh local fish! Have dined here from almost day one over 20 years ago. Wish we lived in Maui instead of mainland. Don't hesitate!!Special Features:
- Loved Lahaina GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014Great meal, group of four and all enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- elegant diningniseyVIPDined on 9/29/2014The food was as beautiful as it was delicious. Waitstaff attentive and engaging without hovering. Atmosphere is casual - beautiful building with tin ceilings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PHENOMENALInNYCDined on 9/28/2014A great restaurant with great service by Lisa. Best meal we had anywhere in Hawaii. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in LahainaRickyVIPDined on 9/27/2014My Wife and I spend 10 day on Maui. We ate at Lahaina Grill on a Friday night. It was outstanding. By far the best restaurant in Lahaina. We both had the fish special and it was a ten out of ten. The service was friendly and very good. We had a table by the window over looking Front Street and what a great street. We ate at several other places in Lahaina and this place was our #1 place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!MauinokaoiDined on 9/26/2014Amazing food on Maui but this topped it all! All around fantastic experience and meal. Don't miss LG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014My first time dining at The Lahaina Grill and it's now my favorite restaurant on Maui. The food is outstanding, the ambiance romantic and fun, and the service beyond compare. While it's pricey, the entire experience is worth the cost. If you get a chance to go to Maui, don't miss out going to this spectacular restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your own wine NOT allowedPapaEvansDined on 9/25/2014Lahaina Grill has great food. In its category it's the best on Lahaina Town, without question. However we have one gripe, and it's a big one. Recently Maui passed a law that allows diners to bring their own bottle of wine to a restaurant, pay a corkage fee and enjoy a wine that they bring in to the restaurant themselves. Lahaina Grill still refuses to allow you to bring your own wine. We understand why one shouldn't be able to bring a bottle that's on Lahaina Grill's wine list, but we are irritated that they refuse to allow diners to bring their own unique bottle. I hope management and the owner will review their policy and rethink their decision.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!lovefoodDined on 9/25/2014The Lahaina Grill is a must "experience" when on Maui. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience we've had!JustmauiedDined on 9/24/2014We were on our honeymoon from Philadelphia and staying just north of Lahaina. Service and food were out of this world. They volunteered to take a honeymoon picture and email it to us. My wife's ahi tuna melted in your mouth. Portions were large. No ocean views, but everything else was top notch! I'd tell anyone staying on this side of island it is a must eat! Thanks lahaina grill for making Maui even more memorable than it already wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I might give it a second tryMasteronegolfDined on 9/23/2014The Beef Carpaccio was a bit over the top with way too much lemon zest flavor over powered the dish. The fried capers were bland. Bone in Rib was underdone & the bufala tomato salad was a hit . Staff was A +Special Features: