Lahaina Fish Co.
831 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Lahaina Fish Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lahainafishco.com/
- Phone: 8086613472
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00 pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 12 pm - 6 pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30 pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Keith Salvador
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lahaina Fish Co.
Serving Maui's visitors and locals for over 23 years. Our goal is to obtain and serve fresh, natural and organic products whenever possible. We are proud to introduce our "E Ola Pono" or "Living Well" additions to our menu. By expanding our gluten free, vegetarian and vegan choices, we have created healthful and flavorful options with an emphasis on local and sustainable ingredients when available. From our fresh local fish, to our tender delicious prime rib and new vegetarian and vegan dishes, our Island Fusion menu offers something for everyone... even our kids. Our dining experience offers two floors of panoramic oceanfront dining with breathtaking views of nightly sunsets. 3 hours of free parking in Lahaina Center offers guests ample time for shopping, sightseeing and dining for lunch or dinner. We are dedicated to our food, service, staff, healthy island living and we encourage all to eat well and live well. It will be our pleasure to serve you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Lahaina Fish Co. - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Lahaina Fish Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (82)great for outdoor dining (60)romantic (44)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (19)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I have eaten here on each of my visits to the island; and they are becoming inconsistent with quality and service. Their view is great and the their food is typical of that which can be found at any restaurant in the area. Their service has become less personal and you find yourself seeking your waiter. They kinda got the attitude that their doing you a favor by allowing you to eat in their establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of LahainaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, wonderful service and local catch seafood. Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience in LahainaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We were treated like VIP's. Our table was upstairs overlooking the water on a beautiful Lanai with the waves washing on the beach just below and all the boats moored right offshore. The very attentive wait staff was so friendly and seemed to be there whenever you wanted something with what you wanted in their hands already. The appetizers, (we had four different ones) were excellent with a great presentation and plenty to go around. Three in our party had the Prime Rib and all agree it was perfectly prepared and served thick,hot, juicy and just right. The Catch of the Day, fresh Ahi was delicious and the wine perfect. We didn't try any deserts because we were all so full. With bar bill, dinner and appetizers came in under $200. Awesome dealSpecial Features:
- Best food in LahainajmcolumbiaDined on 8/29/2014We ate at the Lahaina Fish Company for our finial meal in Hawaii. The restaurant is in the heart of the bustling Lahaina Town on front street surrounded by shops and other restaurants. Parking was a challenge on a Saturday night, but we got a table overlooking the water. The Ahi Tacos appetizer was amazing. I order the most incredible sea scallops I've ever eaten and my wife and amazing shrimp scampi. Highly recommended. The best seafood we had on Maui and they also had a quite a few options for non-seafood and even Vegans.Special Features:
- great food with great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The mahi mahi is to die for. will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FineDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014This place was fantastic! Great food as we watched the sunset, and the fact that you get free parking validated for the outlet mall is icing on the cake. We had the specials that night, completely fantastic. Best tuna dish I have had in Maui. The server was fantastic... Not overly attentive but there when you needed something. We really recommend this place to anyone looking for a perfect dinner out.Special Features:
- Great view, Good foodbirthdaygirlDined on 8/19/2014Although the food is pricey at Lahaina Fish Co, the quality of some of the food does not match the prices. Some dishes are better prepared than others. We were told that the prime rib is "the best on the island". Although it was okay, we do not agree with that assessment. The spaghetti with clams was delicious. We really enjoyed the desserts of macadamia nut pie and "Maui" key lime pie more than some of the entrees. It is a very casual place, which is typical for Lahaina. There are tables right over the harbor, which provide an incredible view of the water and sunset. It is a better place for lunch, given the ambience. It has been at least 6 years since we dined at this restaurant, and we will not return any time soon for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!love2eatDined on 8/19/2014From the moment we arrived until we departed...excellent!! From the aloha spirit of all the staff to the beautiful view to the absolutely delicious food...an awesome dining experience! Would highly recommend Lahaina Fish Co. for lunch or dinner; some of the best food and service on the island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodFreqTravVIPDined on 8/18/2014Even though we were seated at the best table in the restaurant (literally feet from the water), this didn't come close to making up for the mediocre food. Service was average, restaurant interior is very dated. Despite many perplexingly positive reviews on OT, I would definitely not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious seafood dishes.MoulardVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our first dinner in Maui and we were happy to have made this spur of the minute choice. Service was super friendly. My husband had the paella and loved it. I had the special, a grilled Ono prepared with Mediterranean spices. It was delicious as well. We lucked out and got a great spot by the water. Recommend reservations as everyone was waiting to get in and we were seated immediately.Special Features:
- WonderfulbrianDined on 8/15/2014Great place to have a romantic and scenic dinner with good fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ocean view and sunset diningTomMDined on 8/15/2014This place had a fantastic view of the sunset with a covered open air dining experience. The menu had a lot to offer and with gluten free options. The fish was fresh and prepared perfectly. The prices were moderate but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyBigDaddyMattDined on 8/15/2014After a week in Maui, this place wins the worst meal of the week award. Absolutely horrible. For appetizer, we had the fried calamari, which could only aspire to reach the plateau of average. For a meal, I had the Lau Lau, which allegedly won some "Taste of Maui" award. I don't know how. The portion size for the price ($36) was pathetic. The fish-what little there was, was way overlooked, as were 2 of the 4 shrimp. The two scallops were decent, and everything was overpowered by the salt. I guess I should be thankful that they skimped on the food since it was so bad. My kids each had a $19 hamburger that was dry and tasteless. I walked out of there with a $150 tab feeling like I had just been robbed.
- FoodcrazyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful spot for dining. Our server, Sydney, was kind, attentive and thorough. The sashimi and the ribs were awesome! Will definitely be back for more!!Special Features:
- Aloha Lahaina Fish CoMrsMacDined on 8/4/2014Ate here twice while on Maui. Very friendly, attentive service. Entrees were all delicious. We all ordered fish both nights. Huge variety, well prepared, delivered hot to the table which luckily for us was at waters edge both nights. Pricing is reasonable and as busy as they were we were allowed to relax and enjoy the place, each other and the delicious food. If you go try the Coconut Lobster Skewers. Awesome crunchy treat with the best dipping sauce I have ever had. Menu is large. If you can't decide on an entree go with the special of the day. And finish up with Macadamia nut pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsmom2pwdDined on 8/2/2014We had an awesome table, making it all worthwhile. The view and ocean-front setting are the best! The service and food could take lessons from some of the neighboring restaurants. I have eaten here many times, and keep coming back for the views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, phenomenal view!JKJSWDined on 7/30/2014Our fish dishes, the snapper and opah were fabulous, fresh, very flavorful. The Chi Chi spin on the pina colada was very tasty. The kids fish and chips were plentiful. The staff was attentive and very knowledgable. The sunset view was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDeanoinNewOrleansDined on 7/29/2014We enjoyed the food at this restaurant. The waiter wasn't as attentive as at other restaurants however. The grilled fish was very fresh. The seafood lau lau was delicious. The shrimp scampi and the sautee scallops were also good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerSAFrankVIPDined on 7/28/2014Great place for a fantastic dinner at a reasonable price! This was our second trip to Maui and we had done all the other big name places, Lahaina Fish Co was above expectations, the food presentation, taste and service were all top notch. Our server, David G really made our evening, polite, knew the menu very well and was always available and near by to check on us. Should be a stop on everyone's visit to LahainaSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Awesome View.GFFOODIEDined on 7/25/2014Usually Restaurants in a Popular location don't have the food to back up the view. Not here! Everything we ordered was delicious and they label all the GLUTEN FREE foods too! I posted a picture on Instagram for a free side order! We started with ribs and Polenta (free side order). Both great. My friend got the Brussels sprouts... OMG so delicious! I had the Curry Mahi Mahi which was so tasty but pretty spicy. My boyfriend had the rib eye that melted in his mouth. Our server, Sydney, was adorable and very efficient. No long waits on the food or drinks. I requested an Ocean front upstairs table which was perfect for views of the sunset. All and all, A wonderful last night in Maui for my group and I. GO GO GO!Special Features:
- JAlex32Dined on 7/23/2014Felt the food was over-priced for the quantity, especially the Battered Fish and Poke Tacos. Wouldn't have minded paying more if portions were more generous. Sitting was perfect next to the ocean, enjoyed the ambience.Special Features:
- Very dissappointingFitforfoodieVIPDined on 7/23/20143 of us had lunch here and the only one that enjoyed their lunch ordered a turkey sandwich. That's pathetic considering the restaurant is called a fish company. The poke was the worst I've had on any island. The 3 tiny strips of fish in the fish and chips were over cooked and dry. The french fries and turkey sandwich were good. So, go for the view and order anything but fish.Special Features:
- Delicious and not to be missed!JennyDVIPDined on 7/19/2014The views at LFC are amazing, we had a table by the window to catch the beautiful Lahaina sunset. We had the artichoke fries, kale Caesar salad, Ahi Poke and the seared Ahi dinner, all excellent. Make sure you have the bread with the pink Hawaiian salted butter-YUM! $4 Mai-Tais till 6pm too! The best part was the exceptional service. I had noted that we were celebrating my husbands bday and they had written up a lovely card for him along with a dessert with a candle. They really made it an extra-special night. If you are in Maui, dinner at LFH cannot be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find, even for a local.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The restaurant and fare was extremely awesome!!! However, although our waiter was attentive, he was not efficient; i.e.: he has asked if we needed another round, 2x, but had to be promoted a 3rd time; by then our meals had arrived. Also, he should be able to gauge his guests better-we we're entertaining guest from the mainland and therefore took a lot of time to catch up; hence the next round of drinks, which didn't make it on time. And although we did order our meals, he should've checked place our order into the kitchen. All & all a great place to bring family and friends…..will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Stupendous Sunset ViewingMauipairDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I enjoyed a fabulous meal while enjoying a stupendous sunset. The staff was friendly and the manager even stopped by to check on us.Special Features:
- Our favorite spot in Lahaina!BelleVIPDined on 7/10/2014Whenever we come to Lahaina, we always have to have a meal at Lahaina Fish Co. The food and drinks are always wonderful and at great prices! The service is friendly and the view is gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFirqbyDined on 7/9/2014I left a note on the reservation that it was our 19th anniversary and if they could we would love a quiet table with a view. I ust say the staff exceeded our hopes and expectations with a corner table against the rail which was had a stunning view and was a bit to itself. They also present us with a lovely note wishing us happiness and warm wishes on our anniversary. Service and food were outstanding.Special Features:
- Service not greatKimkoDined on 7/5/2014Beautiful setting, and view of the ocean. Three of four dinners very good. Last one not great; told the waitress and she didn't much care.Special Features:
- Good Spot in the Heart of Front St.NYer1969VIPDined on 7/1/2014Tthis place is right in the heart of the action on Front Street and right on the waterfront. We have been there 3-4 times now and always had a good meal with good service. There are a lot of restaurants in this area and many are run like a tourists place. This place maintains the the restaurant feel and service. The Ahi was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Great food. Great service and great views. What else does one need!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dinner!kzinDined on 7/1/2014We had a delicious, delightful dinner here! We were able to watch the sunset while dining on several incredible dishes. The waiter was very helpful in making suggestions, and was attentive throughout dinner. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Second Visit for a FoodieGeneessenceDined on 6/29/2014It is overlooking a very nice scene on the ocean side of Front Street in Lahaina. A rustic and bright ambiance for an early dinner. Had the appetizer portion of the pork ribs, the clams and a salad and a dish of portabello mushrooms which went well with the prime rib. However, the prime rib that was ordered medium rare was slightly over cooked so it came out actually to the medium well doneness. No dessert. All in all, the food was very good.Special Features:
- Great location serving great foodChickyDined on 6/26/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary here. Had a wonderful seat in the restaurant with a gorgeous view. We started with the poke taco appetizer which was excellent. We'd had an earlier sampling of their prime rib on a tasting tour earlier in the week so we were back to order the Prime rib dinner. No doubt the best I've ever had. It will be, and this is not an exaggeration, the most tender prime rib you'll ever eat. My husband ordered the same thing coupled with the Mac Nut Mahi Mahi. On the side we had the Kale salad which has changed my husband's mind about eating raw kale. Because it was our anniversary they treated us to a small slice of key lime pie and chocolate mousse. We loved this place so much we're returning again this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very beautiful setting at sunsetPoppinsDined on 6/24/2014The fish was very fresh and nicely cooked. If you go at sunset and get a table by the water, you get a stunning view. The waiter was bored and in hurry; he was the black mark on the whole experience - that was a shame!Special Features:
- Great way to end the vacation!StegDined on 6/20/2014This place got great reviews on yelp and trip advisor, so we felt it was a safe choice for our last dinner in Maui. The location on Front St. and the ocean view is great! Food was awesome! Gor the grilled mahi mahi on special. Tasted my mother in laws bbq ribs, fantastic! Lava Flow was tasty as well as the Hawaiian Tini. Our party of nine was satisfied with the food and the service provided by Sydney!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We selected this restaurant for its location and views and we were not disappointed. We sat on the upper deck right on the waters edge and really enjoyed our food. We ordered the scallops, fish of the day, scampi and a burger and none of us were disappointed. Our server was friendly and attentive. Overall a great meal.Special Features:
- Perfect for the evening!SundayNightDinerDined on 6/11/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the service and the food. The staff was there when we wanted them with quick turnaround to our needs. The food was well prepared and the presentation was excellent. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- First time will lead to a secondDrAADined on 6/8/2014Wife and I dined at LFC on last night of our anniversary trip to Maui. We were propmtly seated and greeted with an anniversary card at our table, and welcomed with congratulations by several staff. Cocktails were flavorful as was the lobster pineapple appetizer suggested by Melissa, our waiter. We both had the opah for our entree; grilled to perfection served with mashed potatoes and a local kale mixed with papaya seed dressing. We never eat kale and this was delicious. We were offered a free dessert and had the macadamian nut pie with ice cream. Wonderful! Had a gorgeous sunset to round out a great night. Thanks for a wonderful night!Special Features:
- CHARLIEDined on 6/6/2014Great restaurant for watching Hawaiian sunset while dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014My clients loved the restaurant and will recommend it for dining when they bring their group to Maui.Special Features: