Lahaina Fish Co.
831 Front Street
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Lahaina Fish Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://lahainafishco.com/
- Phone: 8086613472
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00 pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 12 pm - 6 pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30 pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Keith Salvador
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lahaina Fish Co.
Serving Maui's visitors and locals for over 23 years. Our goal is to obtain and serve fresh, natural and organic products whenever possible. We are proud to introduce our "E Ola Pono" or "Living Well" additions to our menu. By expanding our gluten free, vegetarian and vegan choices, we have created healthful and flavorful options with an emphasis on local and sustainable ingredients when available. From our fresh local fish, to our tender delicious prime rib and new vegetarian and vegan dishes, our Island Fusion menu offers something for everyone... even our kids. Our dining experience offers two floors of panoramic oceanfront dining with breathtaking views of nightly sunsets. 3 hours of free parking in Lahaina Center offers guests ample time for shopping, sightseeing and dining for lunch or dinner. We are dedicated to our food, service, staff, healthy island living and we encourage all to eat well and live well. It will be our pleasure to serve you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
Lahaina Fish Co. - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Lahaina Fish Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)great for outdoor dining (57)romantic (46)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (12)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Ikaika DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014The view was incredible and the service was very good. I had the Seafood Paella and it was fantastic. A bit different than Spanish Paella but great just the same. I would definitely have it again!!! My wife had the Garlic Shrimp Scampi and it was just as good as my Seafood Paella. I would have that again, too. I tried hers. Our son had the Hawaian Seafood Lau Lau and it was good, too. I've eaten at Ono's so I know a bit. (my wife's a local girl) Thanks for the nice evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodb2buckDined on 10/14/2014Dinner for 4 the first time. Location is right on the ocean on Front Street in Lahaina. Service was good, view was great and the food was very good. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedBobbwbobDined on 10/12/2014For what you get and for the price you pay it is just not worth going here. We went to Mama's and were much happier with the food and atmosphere.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014It was a great place to eat. The food was amazing but the only that wasn't so good was how hot it got on the balcony they need to put some fans or something to get some air going. Overall it was a great place.Special Features:
- super dinnerchasDined on 10/1/2014We really enjoyed eating here. Super food, fresh, and delish.Special Features:
- romantic dinnerphotomanDined on 10/1/2014Lahaina Fish co. took wonderful care of us , our server was very attentive the food was off the hook and the view was INCREDIBLE! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view, okay food, service (TX12Dined on 9/30/2014We chose this restaurant knowing the view would be beautiful and hoping the food would be good. Because it is right on the water, we enjoyed a beautiful sunset. Our shrimp cocktail appetizer was fresh and the sauce bright and spicy. My husband enjoyed his fish special--nothing outstanding but well-prepared. My Ribeye steak was ordered medium but was cooked medium-well. Because the waiter did not have me cut into it to check the preparation, and he was with other diners, I chose to eat it. The flavor was good--just overdone. While our server was okay, he did not tell us about the special until my husband asked. He also forgot to bring my second beverage in a timely manner. That being said, we will likely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View was great, food was okfoodmonsterDined on 9/28/2014We could not ask for a better view. We had a table right beside the water. My wife ordered the shrimp scampi and i had the tofu coconut curry. The food was very rich. We very much liked the food at Honu. My rating of the food is relative to HonuSpecial Features:
- A treasure among many!FoodloverDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I ate at Lahaina Fish Co. upon recommendation from a friend. Maui has many outstanding restaurants and this one is right at the top. You can't be any closer to the water looking out at the island of Lanai. We started with the ahi poke tacos. There were two to an order and we each had one taco which was the perfect amount to start our meal. We both had the special Opah that was prepared with as citrus soy sauce. I was concerned because I can't have gluten and our server assured us that they use gluten free soy sauce. Was I ever happy. In fact, many of their menu items are gluten free including their salad dressings! We will make it a point to return again. This is a winner!Special Features:
- good, bad and uglyrlernVIPDined on 9/26/2014beautiful oceanfront rooftop setting. our server was more interested in getting off work than serving her customer. shyla brought our food before we finished salad. my prime rib was excellent, but, my husband ordered paella and it came out like soup....seafood swimming in liquid with no taste at all. when she came to check on our food and my husband mentioned how liquidy his dish was, her solution was to bring more bread...huh??? she sent over the manager and he was even worse. when my husband complained, his answer was that was how the chef intended it. be careful what you order here and who your server is. very disappointing for the amount we spent...maybe she got a clue based on the tip we left.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebrationislandlover1Dined on 9/25/2014We had eaten at Lahaina Fish Co. twice in the past when visiting Maui with friends, and this time my husband and I celebrated my birthday. We had a table up front by the water so were able to enjoy the sunset. The staff is amazing, and the food is exceptional. I strongly recommend the deep fried artichoke hearts....really yummy. We would definitely dine here whenever we're in Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maui VacationkeithandDinaThruhiker13Dined on 9/24/2014We visited Lahaina Fish Co. toward the end of our week long vacation. We found the servers very friendly. We were seated on the deck overlooking the ocean, so the view was fabulous. There was a delay in getting our entrees out to us but they offered us a free dessert for the wait. The food was excellent. We would certainly return there if back in MauiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maui food right here!RajBains1980Dined on 9/20/2014Myself and my husband visited Maui for our 10th Year Anniversary - we wanted to eat somewhere where we could receive actual Hawaii food - This place had it all - the fish was splendid and amazing - recommendation without a doubt :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset drinkNtjapnzDined on 9/16/2014Place is cute, in a way... Smelled funny at the entrance... Little off putting. Service was really good, food, not so much. Great for an evening drink with the sunset but I wouldn't have dinner there again. Too many other choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but could be betterBrandnewDined on 9/13/2014The view was amazing as well as the service and noise level, but their award winning ribeye was not really award winning... It was a boiled steak... I'm sure there are better choices on the menuSpecial Features:
- Last Night In MauiMTGofOCDined on 9/12/2014I hate to be negative, but hopefully it will motivate some changes. The first mistake was to eat at Mama's our first night, nothing compares! We had a nice table by the water...took 15 minutes for the waiter/ anyone to come by the table. When he finally came by and took our drink order, it was another 15 minutes to get a beer...really. We thought ok we are in Hawaii...just relax and enjoy! Finally took our order,I ordered the Monchong, asked for lightly seasoned...came out heavy cajon seasoning! Didn't send back because we had already bean there 1 1/2 hours! They have one of the most beautiful locations in Maui, shouldn't be to hard to make decent food! May be a nice place for a drink and appetizer.Special Features:
- Great place!mrwendtDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I were so impressed, we went back the very next night! Night one we had the brussel sprouts, seafood lau lau & Hawaiian jambalaya. Night two was the brussel sprouts, beer battered island fish and roasted seasonal squash. The flavors of all of our dishes was excellent. Portions sizes were fairly large as well. The ocean front dining is wonderful too. We were glad we chose this place over all the many options in Lahaina.Special Features:
- Great place for delicious dinner!YenekaDined on 9/9/2014We almost ran out if nights in Maui but made it to Lahaina Fish Co on our last night. We enjoyed the service from a very knowledgable and friendly waiter who gave us great insight on the menu. I had the opah and it was delicious. We enjoyed eating on the deck and watching boats and the most beautiful sunset! We will go back to Maui and we will eat here again! Mahalo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKadinaDined on 9/4/2014Food is always good here try it! We had a water view table the sunset was gorgeous. The wine list is very nice and we had a great waiter! I will be back in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffCostaDined on 9/1/2014Had the Mahi fish n chips, wife had Mahi in coconut curry sauce. Both great, good ocean view under the moonlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank goodness for the view.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/1/2014All I can say is that the view is what saved me from giving this restaurant a one star. The food was extremely salty...the fish dishes were overpowered by very strong flavored and overly served sauces. Staff was average. Overall...you can definitely do much better.Special Features:
- Excellent - all aroundSarahDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I both enjoyed our fish dishes. I asked our server if it was possible to get a banana daiquiri but that I would just have a pina colada if that wasn't possible. She was able to have the bartender make it special for me. Very nice! Service was excellent, the food was fantastic and the view was the best! We got a great seat right on the water. Romantic!Special Features:
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I have eaten here on each of my visits to the island; and they are becoming inconsistent with quality and service. Their view is great and the their food is typical of that which can be found at any restaurant in the area. Their service has become less personal and you find yourself seeking your waiter. They kinda got the attitude that their doing you a favor by allowing you to eat in their establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of LahainaSocalwinesnobDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food, wonderful service and local catch seafood. Top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dining Experience in LahainaDepdvrDined on 8/29/2014We were treated like VIP's. Our table was upstairs overlooking the water on a beautiful Lanai with the waves washing on the beach just below and all the boats moored right offshore. The very attentive wait staff was so friendly and seemed to be there whenever you wanted something with what you wanted in their hands already. The appetizers, (we had four different ones) were excellent with a great presentation and plenty to go around. Three in our party had the Prime Rib and all agree it was perfectly prepared and served thick,hot, juicy and just right. The Catch of the Day, fresh Ahi was delicious and the wine perfect. We didn't try any deserts because we were all so full. With bar bill, dinner and appetizers came in under $200. Awesome dealSpecial Features:
- Best food in LahainajmcolumbiaDined on 8/29/2014We ate at the Lahaina Fish Company for our finial meal in Hawaii. The restaurant is in the heart of the bustling Lahaina Town on front street surrounded by shops and other restaurants. Parking was a challenge on a Saturday night, but we got a table overlooking the water. The Ahi Tacos appetizer was amazing. I order the most incredible sea scallops I've ever eaten and my wife and amazing shrimp scampi. Highly recommended. The best seafood we had on Maui and they also had a quite a few options for non-seafood and even Vegans.Special Features:
- great food with great viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The mahi mahi is to die for. will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!FineDinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014This place was fantastic! Great food as we watched the sunset, and the fact that you get free parking validated for the outlet mall is icing on the cake. We had the specials that night, completely fantastic. Best tuna dish I have had in Maui. The server was fantastic... Not overly attentive but there when you needed something. We really recommend this place to anyone looking for a perfect dinner out.Special Features:
- Great view, Good foodbirthdaygirlDined on 8/19/2014Although the food is pricey at Lahaina Fish Co, the quality of some of the food does not match the prices. Some dishes are better prepared than others. We were told that the prime rib is "the best on the island". Although it was okay, we do not agree with that assessment. The spaghetti with clams was delicious. We really enjoyed the desserts of macadamia nut pie and "Maui" key lime pie more than some of the entrees. It is a very casual place, which is typical for Lahaina. There are tables right over the harbor, which provide an incredible view of the water and sunset. It is a better place for lunch, given the ambience. It has been at least 6 years since we dined at this restaurant, and we will not return any time soon for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!love2eatDined on 8/19/2014From the moment we arrived until we departed...excellent!! From the aloha spirit of all the staff to the beautiful view to the absolutely delicious food...an awesome dining experience! Would highly recommend Lahaina Fish Co. for lunch or dinner; some of the best food and service on the island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre foodFreqTravVIPDined on 8/18/2014Even though we were seated at the best table in the restaurant (literally feet from the water), this didn't come close to making up for the mediocre food. Service was average, restaurant interior is very dated. Despite many perplexingly positive reviews on OT, I would definitely not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious seafood dishes.MoulardVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our first dinner in Maui and we were happy to have made this spur of the minute choice. Service was super friendly. My husband had the paella and loved it. I had the special, a grilled Ono prepared with Mediterranean spices. It was delicious as well. We lucked out and got a great spot by the water. Recommend reservations as everyone was waiting to get in and we were seated immediately.Special Features:
- WonderfulbrianDined on 8/15/2014Great place to have a romantic and scenic dinner with good fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ocean view and sunset diningTomMDined on 8/15/2014This place had a fantastic view of the sunset with a covered open air dining experience. The menu had a lot to offer and with gluten free options. The fish was fresh and prepared perfectly. The prices were moderate but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyBigDaddyMattDined on 8/15/2014After a week in Maui, this place wins the worst meal of the week award. Absolutely horrible. For appetizer, we had the fried calamari, which could only aspire to reach the plateau of average. For a meal, I had the Lau Lau, which allegedly won some "Taste of Maui" award. I don't know how. The portion size for the price ($36) was pathetic. The fish-what little there was, was way overlooked, as were 2 of the 4 shrimp. The two scallops were decent, and everything was overpowered by the salt. I guess I should be thankful that they skimped on the food since it was so bad. My kids each had a $19 hamburger that was dry and tasteless. I walked out of there with a $150 tab feeling like I had just been robbed.
- FoodcrazyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Beautiful spot for dining. Our server, Sydney, was kind, attentive and thorough. The sashimi and the ribs were awesome! Will definitely be back for more!!Special Features:
- MauiAdamVIPDined on 8/11/2014Dined there twice in one week. the view, and ambiance, and the food was great. Seafood and prime rib to shoose from.Special Features:
- Date night, Family night, good spotOolongTeaAmericanCafeDined on 8/10/2014Food was pleasantly cooked, enjoyed the Cajun/Blackened rub, there wasn't anything amazing, but food was above average. Service was with a smile and attentive, they had a clean high chair with working straps for my 9 month old son. Kids menu was A+,really nice, since it had real food listed (my 8 year old loved the ribs) vice the normal frozen fish sticks, mystery nugget, etc. It's a great waterfront spot, my wife and I were able to enjoy some wine and pretend it was a romantic date, even though we had the two kids in tow, but they were well accommodated. Was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- Aloha Lahaina Fish CoMrsMacDined on 8/4/2014Ate here twice while on Maui. Very friendly, attentive service. Entrees were all delicious. We all ordered fish both nights. Huge variety, well prepared, delivered hot to the table which luckily for us was at waters edge both nights. Pricing is reasonable and as busy as they were we were allowed to relax and enjoy the place, each other and the delicious food. If you go try the Coconut Lobster Skewers. Awesome crunchy treat with the best dipping sauce I have ever had. Menu is large. If you can't decide on an entree go with the special of the day. And finish up with Macadamia nut pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsmom2pwdDined on 8/2/2014We had an awesome table, making it all worthwhile. The view and ocean-front setting are the best! The service and food could take lessons from some of the neighboring restaurants. I have eaten here many times, and keep coming back for the views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.