LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria
1091 W. 10th St.
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lagoeastbank.com/
- Phone: 2168628065
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 11am-10:30pm | Late Night Menu 10:30pm-1:30am
Friday-Saturday 11am-11:30pm | Late Night Menu 11:30pm-1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lanny Chin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Lago Catering at the Riviera Room strives to provide restaurant quality food in a beautiful banquet setting where the craft and time put into each recipe is not only evident in the taste but in the care taken in the presentation and service. Lago not only specializes in Italian culinary heritage but also has a creative imagination for many palates. The service, attention to detail and hospitality provided will all but exceed the quality of food and beverage prepared out of the scratch kitchen located in the same home as the Aloft Hotel Downtown Cleveland.
- Entertainment: Sound Society every Friday night at 10:30pm! Mimo spins your favorites with a mixture of House music in this upscale lounge!
A word from LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria
The regional and contemporary menu at Lago is a culmination of northern Piedmontese dishes to Sicilian seafood dishes inspired by 30 years of Italian cooking and upbringing. The beverage options at Lago are equally as much thought out in standard and craft as the food menu. Lago offers a unique predominantly Italian wine lists where every bottle can also be ordered by the glass, and half bottle. An all European draft beer selection, well thought out craft bottled beer, Italian inspired handcrafted cocktail & martini list sets Lago apart from all the rest! Lago’s philosophy is simple… The freshest ingredients, made from scratch menu items, using simple recipes to bring authentic Italian favors to the table. All inside a warm and inviting atmosphere where good food and good friends coexist in blissful harmony.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria - Best Restaurants in The Flats ›
LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)special occasion (30)great for outdoor dining (28)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (25)good for groups (23)romantic (21)notable wine list (20)late-night find (15)scenic view (15)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great Choice for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Great service, wonderful food, accommodating to our food requests, all staff friendly and want to please the customer. We've told many of our friends to go to Lago for dinner. It is a neighborhood gem, for sure! I would highly recommend this restaurant for yourself or entertaining others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food needs a lot of workFoodlover4uDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere and service was great. However when it come to Italian Food there are a ton of places I would choose over this....if you want great Italian food try Jimmy Dadonnas is Solon. Best Calamari you will find anywhere. Not to mention the rest of the food. I wouldn't come back here for food but I would for drinks. Great patio and bar.Special Features:
- normally good.MartyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Normally good, the service was slow and food just ok. The owners are great, but I think they need to upgrade their quality and taste.
- Mikenavysubs28Dined on 8/2/2014LAGO is always a pleasure. We have had dinner, lunch and attended special events. Everyone is always friendly, accomodating, professional and knowledgeable. The food is exquisetly prepared and very well presented.The special events are well organized and fun to attend. Congratulations to owner, staff and all for a wonderful place to go for cocktails or dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Waiter was knowledgable and directed us correctly with our choices. Just nothing stood out as special. And it's a Saturday night and they're out of stoli?
- Great meal, will returnLolaReignDined on 7/23/2014I have been here a few times for drinks, but never to eat until this evening. My friend and I came here after a not so stellar experience somewhere else. We ordered drinks, which were really tasty. My friend ordered the Lobster Gnocchi and I got the Lasagna alla Bolognese. The Lasagna was delicious but I have to say that I was totally jealous of the Lobster Gnocchi! It was crazy good and they didnt skimp on the lobster at all. We ordered Tiramisu for dessert and that was really good as well. Thr portion was very generous, definitely enough for two. Our service was fine, the music at a good level and we left satisfied. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014I was looking forward to trying Lago but was disappointed. The service was terrible, especially for a slow Wednesday night. Our server didn't take drink orders until we were seated for 15 minutes, we had to ask another server for bread, and then ask for butter/oil for the bread, and ask another server for our check over 20 minutes after we finished our meal. Not sure what caused this since our server didn't have more than three tables. The food was mediocre. The Arancini tasted like paste and both the risotto ball and sauce lacked flavor and salt. All four of us at the table agreed that our food wasn't great and we would not bother with a return visit which is unfortunate because it is a good location.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Cool atmosphere, good service, food was good but not blown away. Homemade pasta was stuck together like glue and was hard to eat.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!EaStSiDeR23Dined on 7/11/2014I have been to Lago for lunch and was surprised how different and lively it was when I went for dinner. The inside appeared to be more on the fancy side while the outside seemed to be more of a younger crowd with the outside bar and the DJ. The food and service is outstanding! I am excited to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Love coming here with my friends! Always a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCam504Dined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food, good service and many different seating options including bar and outdoor. We sat in the main dining area and had a great pizza and salads and mussels. The mussels and house bread are outstanding.Special Features:
- Welcoming and tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014My daughter and I chose this restaurant for her 16th birthday party. The host Tim went above and beyond to accomodate my daughter and her friends and make us feel welcome. The gluten free pizza - I had the Sofia - is awesome. Wait staff knew the menu and wine list well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryhappyhusbandDined on 6/25/2014I used open table to make reservations and mentioned that it was a "wedding anniversary" and I had flowers being delivered to table. Once sat the flowers were immediately brought out and Daniel the bar manager presented us with a few glasses of champagne to celebrate. It was a very nice touch and the service was good and the food was very enjoyable. The area on east bank seems to be moving tin the right direction....cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Leading the wayCleFoodieDined on 6/21/2014Lago is a great restaurant in the emerging Flats East Bank neighborhood. By the time the construction is done on the whole district, Lago will be a standard. Excellent food, service and location.Special Features:
- Food & staff were greatMartyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Couple people ordered lobster gnocci and a couple had pizza. Tried both and they were terrific. My pizza was really good and very large. Plenty to take home for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014My husband and I went to Lago to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. My husband ordered a $54 steak and wanted it cooked medium. It came out well done. When we told our server he was sorry and walked away. I then proceeded to tell the manager and he did offer to take it off the bill. Our server never did come back to check on us after that. Our seat was close to the door and no privacy. It's not often we get out without kids and it was unfortunate that we didn't get our money's worth. Would not recommend. Lago needs to work a little bit harder to be an upscale restaurant.
- Dinner with FriendsJeffDined on 6/12/2014The food was fantastic and the service was prompt. We all enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KidLeoDined on 6/10/2014Fantastic lunch experience. You have to order the meatballs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyPatriciaDined on 6/3/2014I'm glad we dined at Lago; although I doubt that we'll be back. It is very expensive, unless you want a sandwich or pizza. Eight dollars to park was also outrageous...they should have some kind of deal with the restaurant. My scallops were delicious. meatballs were only fair. I think a much more reasonable and equally good meal can be obtained in many other places.Special Features:
- ImpressedRidgwayDined on 5/15/2014Guy at check-in was friendly and fun. Brought an appetizer that was supposed to be an entree early so they gave it to the table to share and made a fresh one (at no cost) for the entree. Totally on top of the situation and handled it perfectly. Wait staff were pleasant and attentive. Chopped salad is a big favorite with us.Special Features:
- Lago reviewluv2dineDined on 5/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Lago. We had an excellent waiter (Rickie) and his recommendations were right on. Nice new restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchJstanovicDined on 5/11/2014They had a brunch set up in a large room in the A-Loft Hotel which is attached. Good view of the river. Everyone in our group of 8 loved the food! Everything was prepared and cooked to perfection. I have not eaten at the restaurant but will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Fire everyone and start overGlobalDinerDined on 5/10/2014I was meeting friends for dinner, and we decided to try something new. I had high hopes for Lago. Unfortunately, I was let down. The entire staff I encountered (including the manager) were very weak and rough. At the bar, just order a beer because the rude bar tenders were useless. Once seated, they forgot about us. Drink orders took 10-15 minutes to get. They ran out of one of the specials at 7:30 on a Saturday night. Since I couldn't get the special I wanted, I went for the VERY EXPENSIVE veal saltimbocca ($45) only to find out that it wasn't veal salitimbocca, but a veal chop with sage leaves on it. We were all very disappointed with the service, I didn't like the meal, and we'll never go back.
- Great girls night out!gia514rxDined on 5/8/2014My girl friend and I had a great night out at Lago! We split a bottle of wine, two appetizers, a salad and an entree. The restaurant has a nice ambiance and the waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. I will definitely be back to try more off the menu!Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Food and service was amazing. Servers were very attentive we never had to ask for anything portions were the perfect size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceBrigetteDined on 4/26/2014We dined with a party of 7 for a girls night out. We had the most attentive and knowledgeable server. He made excellent wine suggestions and food recommendations. Everyone really enjoyed their meals but the favorite was the Lobster Gnocchi. We look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- 45th Wedding Anniversary !!!like2bspoiledDined on 4/26/2014Nice atmosphere, drinks overpriced, food very tasty and manager, Tim was very attentive.Special Features:
- Very nice placereviewer19Dined on 4/25/2014Well lit nice decor. Our server suggested the appetizer platter of cheeses and different types of pork deli items . This was exactly what we wanted. We also had dinner which was very delicious. Our server was excellent unfortunately I forgot her name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperianceNazzDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 34 anniversary an we pick Lago for our dinner and it was a great choice from the hostess that greeted us and the great food but the best part was our server Haley she was fantastic and made our Experiance a great one we will defiantly be back when those patio doors openSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at new Lago..Japetro77Dined on 4/22/2014We wished the food tasted a little better..cheese plate is awesome tho, scallops were good but salads and the pasta just didn't taste that well. Service was good tho.Special Features:
- Couldn't have asked for more!luv2eatDined on 4/19/2014Food was outstanding! Ambiance was awesome! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get together with good friends!DeliciosoDined on 4/5/2014Our evening with friends was very enjoyable. Everyone had a good meal and enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambienceExploringCleDined on 4/4/2014We were just there as a group of 5 ladies to celebrate a birthday. It was our first time there and it didn't disappoint. The food was good (the tomatoes in the panini could be cut smaller) and the drinks were delish. The decor and ambience is really nice. Bringing in a dj is a nice little touch too. It was kind of cold since the air seemed to be coming down just above our heads, but overall a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!1sttimedineDined on 3/30/2014We all loved the food at Lago and our server Dan was excellent! Definitely will go back and will send our friends there too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did well on a Friday nighttravelmuchDined on 3/28/2014The 4 of us had an appetizer, 4 entries with the Gnocchi Lobster (~25) being the most expensive, 2 desserts, and 2 bottles of good dry white wine for $160 before tip. The customers dress varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LagoCLEjmDined on 3/15/2014As always, the food and service were excellent! My favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealShellyDined on 3/15/2014Went here with friends and ordered several apps - calamari (not breaded), meatballs and rosemary chips. All were excellent. Dinner had mushroom cavatelli, lobster gnocchi, margheteta pizza & veal chop. None disappointed - all very flavorful and gnocchi had good chunks of lobster. Service was great without being overbearing. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Unique Italian CookingMartyVIPDined on 3/14/2014Great new Location. The owners are there and very personable. Food is unique Italian and outstanding. The veal stuffed tortellini's are out of this world good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated a milestone birthdaySedatemDined on 3/8/2014Celebrated a milestone birthday and thoroughly enjoyed the entire meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryPhylDined on 2/26/2014A wonderful experience. Food was tasty and presented beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.