LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria
1091 W. 10th St.
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lagoeastbank.com/
- Phone: (216) 862-8065
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 11am-10:30pm | Late Night Menu 10:30pm-1:30am
Friday-Saturday 11am-11:30pm | Late Night Menu 11:30pm-1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lanny Chin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Lago Catering at the Riviera Room strives to provide restaurant quality food in a beautiful banquet setting where the craft and time put into each recipe is not only evident in the taste but in the care taken in the presentation and service. Lago not only specializes in Italian culinary heritage but also has a creative imagination for many palates. The service, attention to detail and hospitality provided will all but exceed the quality of food and beverage prepared out of the scratch kitchen located in the same home as the Aloft Hotel Downtown Cleveland.
- Entertainment: Sound Society every Friday night at 10:30pm! Mimo spins your favorites with a mixture of House music in this upscale lounge!
A word from LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria
The regional and contemporary menu at Lago is a culmination of northern Piedmontese dishes to Sicilian seafood dishes inspired by 30 years of Italian cooking and upbringing. The beverage options at Lago are equally as much thought out in standard and craft as the food menu. Lago offers a unique predominantly Italian wine lists where every bottle can also be ordered by the glass, and half bottle. An all European draft beer selection, well thought out craft bottled beer, Italian inspired handcrafted cocktail & martini list sets Lago apart from all the rest! Lago’s philosophy is simple… The freshest ingredients, made from scratch menu items, using simple recipes to bring authentic Italian favors to the table. All inside a warm and inviting atmosphere where good food and good friends coexist in blissful harmony.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria - Best Restaurants in The Flats ›
LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (31)special occasion (24)good for groups (23)romantic (21)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (15)scenic view (14)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (10)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Delicious meal!EataroundVIPDined on 11/18/2014Food was really amazing. Nice options for my guest who is gluten free and struggles to dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharky55Dined on 11/12/2014The best Italian food my husband and I have ever eaten. The service was excellent. The meatballs and sauce were awesome. The lasagna melts in your mouth. The very best of everything!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014This was our first visit to Lago at this location and it was WONDERFUL!! The service was flawless and unobtrusive. Lago is a lovely physical space. It is upscale and attractive. The waiter/sommelier was very knowledgable regarding wine pairings. The chopped salad was fresh and the browned butter vinaigrette on the trout with root vegetables was SUPERB! The flavors meld beautifully! We will be back soon!Special Features:
- DisappointingCoffee42Dined on 11/8/2014We had heard so many good things about Lago we wanted to see for ourselves. We picked Lago as a birthday celebration for a family member. The wine and Martini were excellent. The pickled veggie appetizer was not quite pickled. I ordered a Cesar salad which was woefully sad. I've had better salads at Applebees. My small plate scallops were just average. Other members of our party had the pasta with meatballs. Unfortunately, the only outstanding ingredient in this dish was the sauce. The meat was very mushy. The server was a bit testy as well, however, we all have bad days so he was forgiven. I don't believe we will be returning any time soon.Special Features:
- Cleveland Independents WeekLuvtodineDined on 11/8/2014Lago has been a long time favorite of ours when it was in Tremont. We chose Lago this past weekend after seeing its menu on Cleveland Independents website for the "restaurant week". The special "restaurant week" menu is only honored Sunday through Thursday. This was not stated anywhere on the Open Table or Lago website. At this point the manager came over and apologized. He gave us a free appetizer and dessert. The food is wonderful but I don't think we will be back for a long time. When you go out to dinner, you don't want to feel that you are haggling with your server. And the issue of not having the "Restaurant Week" menu on Saturday night felt deceptive.Special Features:
- Times Have ChangedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014I was a huge fan of Lago when it was in Tremont, so I tried their new location this last Friday night. What a mistake! While the service was above average, and the new location is beautiful, the food was so poor I'll never be back. The special that night was rabbit cassoulet. My date ordered it because she loves rabbit. What was served was a large pile of panko bread crumbs covering two chopped celery stalks, a couple slices of carrot and 3 pieces of dried out rabbit. I assume the chef that night does not know what a cassoulet looks like. My food was no better. I ordered the lobster with ricotta gnocchi, and it was terrible. All and all a huge disappointment for what use to be one of my favorite restaurants in Cleveland.
- 2 words- Lobster GnoccibethDined on 11/6/2014Went here for restaurant week. Our server recited the specials available and we decided on our three courses. All courses were full portions, which were huge. This was a pleasant surprise since sometimes the restaurant week items are not always presented that way. The main reason I will come back to Lago was the lobster gnocci. My sister and I both had it and could not stop raving about it. The pieces of lobster in the dish were large, you could tell they were lobster, and there was a lot. This dish turned all of our conversations about food around. Amazing. I could eat it every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMHixDined on 11/1/2014The food was amazing. So very yummy! Everyone in our party had an enjoyable time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Loved everything about the restaurant except the background music which is not the best choice for fine dining. Maybe you are trying to play to a really hip crowd and maybe I am too old for that scene, but music for this kind of establishment should be more soft jazz or mellow music, or better yet soft Italian which would go along with the theme of your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChuckeDined on 10/25/2014Everything was perfect. The amount of time to be seated to our food coming out was perfect! After reading mixed reviews online I decided to try the restaurant anyways. I'm glad I did! I would definitely visit again!! Thank you,Special Features:
- Another Great dinner at Lago!healthyfoodieDined on 10/25/2014Food and wine were excellent! Brought friends who had never been there and they really enjoyed it. Lago is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014I was really looking forward to eating here and while the setting was great, the food was only fair. Not sure I would visit again.Special Features:
- Good StuffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Sean was awesome and very friendly. Suggested great beer pairings and food was great. Lobster Gnocci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, fabulous service!DavidDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed the food and experience. We have never had a more knowledgeable server at any other restaurant! His wine understanding was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy but darkCarrie8706Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent service and food. Nice hot bread baked fresh we were told. The simple salad is exceedingly simple. Literally just greens and radishes. Lobster gnocchi was delicious if a little lacking on the lobster. The place is a little too dark though. Other patrons had to use the flashlight app on their phone to read their menus. Overall I'd recommend, but will probably continue to try new places before I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy2SAFoodiesVIPDined on 10/3/2014Food and service was impeccable! Reminded us of eating in Belgium!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live2eatDined on 9/13/2014Atmosphere is very nice. Many of us had fish and for the price it was very average. Long wait time between the salad and entree.Special Features:
- Tremendous!DowntownFoodieDined on 9/10/2014We had a group of 8, with only 1 dish repeated. Everyone loved their selections. My trout was, by far, the best I have ever had. Don't know where they get it, but it was very thick - cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Good ambience bad foodErtanAgarVIPDined on 9/5/2014The ambience and restaurant look fancy but food was not even average. The Mushroom pasta was so heavy and greasy, eggplant dip was too salty. I was expecting a more quality dinner experience.Special Features:
- Great Choice for Dinnerfood4uDined on 8/30/2014Great service, wonderful food, accommodating to our food requests, all staff friendly and want to please the customer. We've told many of our friends to go to Lago for dinner. It is a neighborhood gem, for sure! I would highly recommend this restaurant for yourself or entertaining others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food needs a lot of workFoodlover4uDined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere and service was great. However when it come to Italian Food there are a ton of places I would choose over this....if you want great Italian food try Jimmy Dadonnas is Solon. Best Calamari you will find anywhere. Not to mention the rest of the food. I wouldn't come back here for food but I would for drinks. Great patio and bar.Special Features:
- normally good.MartyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Normally good, the service was slow and food just ok. The owners are great, but I think they need to upgrade their quality and taste.
- Mikenavysubs28Dined on 8/2/2014LAGO is always a pleasure. We have had dinner, lunch and attended special events. Everyone is always friendly, accomodating, professional and knowledgeable. The food is exquisetly prepared and very well presented.The special events are well organized and fun to attend. Congratulations to owner, staff and all for a wonderful place to go for cocktails or dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014Waiter was knowledgable and directed us correctly with our choices. Just nothing stood out as special. And it's a Saturday night and they're out of stoli?
- Great meal, will returnLolaReignDined on 7/23/2014I have been here a few times for drinks, but never to eat until this evening. My friend and I came here after a not so stellar experience somewhere else. We ordered drinks, which were really tasty. My friend ordered the Lobster Gnocchi and I got the Lasagna alla Bolognese. The Lasagna was delicious but I have to say that I was totally jealous of the Lobster Gnocchi! It was crazy good and they didnt skimp on the lobster at all. We ordered Tiramisu for dessert and that was really good as well. Thr portion was very generous, definitely enough for two. Our service was fine, the music at a good level and we left satisfied. I will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the LAGO Cucina Enotecca and Birreria reviews archive.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014I was looking forward to trying Lago but was disappointed. The service was terrible, especially for a slow Wednesday night. Our server didn't take drink orders until we were seated for 15 minutes, we had to ask another server for bread, and then ask for butter/oil for the bread, and ask another server for our check over 20 minutes after we finished our meal. Not sure what caused this since our server didn't have more than three tables. The food was mediocre. The Arancini tasted like paste and both the risotto ball and sauce lacked flavor and salt. All four of us at the table agreed that our food wasn't great and we would not bother with a return visit which is unfortunate because it is a good location.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014Cool atmosphere, good service, food was good but not blown away. Homemade pasta was stuck together like glue and was hard to eat.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!EaStSiDeR23Dined on 7/11/2014I have been to Lago for lunch and was surprised how different and lively it was when I went for dinner. The inside appeared to be more on the fancy side while the outside seemed to be more of a younger crowd with the outside bar and the DJ. The food and service is outstanding! I am excited to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Love coming here with my friends! Always a great time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCam504Dined on 6/28/2014Wonderful food, good service and many different seating options including bar and outdoor. We sat in the main dining area and had a great pizza and salads and mussels. The mussels and house bread are outstanding.Special Features:
- Welcoming and tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014My daughter and I chose this restaurant for her 16th birthday party. The host Tim went above and beyond to accomodate my daughter and her friends and make us feel welcome. The gluten free pizza - I had the Sofia - is awesome. Wait staff knew the menu and wine list well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryhappyhusbandDined on 6/25/2014I used open table to make reservations and mentioned that it was a "wedding anniversary" and I had flowers being delivered to table. Once sat the flowers were immediately brought out and Daniel the bar manager presented us with a few glasses of champagne to celebrate. It was a very nice touch and the service was good and the food was very enjoyable. The area on east bank seems to be moving tin the right direction....cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Leading the wayCleFoodieDined on 6/21/2014Lago is a great restaurant in the emerging Flats East Bank neighborhood. By the time the construction is done on the whole district, Lago will be a standard. Excellent food, service and location.Special Features:
- Food & staff were greatMartyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Couple people ordered lobster gnocci and a couple had pizza. Tried both and they were terrific. My pizza was really good and very large. Plenty to take home for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014My husband and I went to Lago to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. My husband ordered a $54 steak and wanted it cooked medium. It came out well done. When we told our server he was sorry and walked away. I then proceeded to tell the manager and he did offer to take it off the bill. Our server never did come back to check on us after that. Our seat was close to the door and no privacy. It's not often we get out without kids and it was unfortunate that we didn't get our money's worth. Would not recommend. Lago needs to work a little bit harder to be an upscale restaurant.
- Dinner with FriendsJeffDined on 6/12/2014The food was fantastic and the service was prompt. We all enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchLovableLittleWolfDined on 6/10/2014It was prefect place for our work lunch meeting. Food was good as was the service.Special Features:
- KidLeoDined on 6/10/2014Fantastic lunch experience. You have to order the meatballs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyPatriciaDined on 6/3/2014I'm glad we dined at Lago; although I doubt that we'll be back. It is very expensive, unless you want a sandwich or pizza. Eight dollars to park was also outrageous...they should have some kind of deal with the restaurant. My scallops were delicious. meatballs were only fair. I think a much more reasonable and equally good meal can be obtained in many other places.Special Features:
- ImpressedRidgwayDined on 5/15/2014Guy at check-in was friendly and fun. Brought an appetizer that was supposed to be an entree early so they gave it to the table to share and made a fresh one (at no cost) for the entree. Totally on top of the situation and handled it perfectly. Wait staff were pleasant and attentive. Chopped salad is a big favorite with us.Special Features: