Lafayette Village Grill
8470 Honeycutt Road
Raleigh, NC 27615Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lafayette Village Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagegrillraleigh.com/
- Phone: (919) 890-5340
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Scarangella
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: acoustic guitar. Wed and Fri
- Special Events: By reservation only, served in our 40 seat Private Dining Room.
A word from Lafayette Village Grill
The Village Grill, nestled in the courtyard of the gorgeous Lafayette Village, boasts seven 60" HDTV's and one monstrous 120" model for game nights. But beyond the spectacular sports viewing, it offers top notch food and well crafted cocktails. We apologize, however, we do not accept reservations for outdoor seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Lafayette Village Grill - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Lafayette Village Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)romantic (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Friday Night CHILLTAC49VIPDined on 11/14/2014Our party of four had a most unpleasant dining experience on our first visit. Seating with our party of 4 reservation was fine...on time and a very nice booth. After that...downhill all the way. Service and food were TOTALLY out of sync. Entrees arriving before appetizers, soup arriving cold...ridiculous !!! Menu looked fabulous, which drew our attention to visit, but preparation, coordination DID NOT DELIVER in the slightest. Cannot recommend and will not return.
- Good foodFoodiewithkidsDined on 11/7/2014Enjoyed our meals, waiter has overrun with tables so it took awhile to get drinks, bill, etc. Food was quick to come out. Hostess and host staff were extremely unhelpful and incompetent. Sat people around us to give our waiter no access to us, didn't give us kids coloring pages and when asked told they didn't have crayons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understaffed but great effortRaleighwoodDined on 10/22/2014Lafayette Village was hosting the Embers for an outdoor concert just in front of this restaurant and the crowd attending and visiting the bar and restaurant was much larger than I believe they were staffed for - the venue also had a 40+ singles event that added an additional 20-30 patrons at one time. The front desk was clearly overwhelmed and didn't make a great first impression, but our over-extended server maintained a pleasant attitude, cracked a few appropriate jokes, checked in as often as he could, and quickly corrected our food order quickly when it came out wrong. We'll likely return when on that side of town, but will probably check to make sure another major crowd isn't in attendance.Special Features:
- good menuCARLYDined on 10/11/2014They have a great menu for those who need to be gluten free... many of entrees can be prepared gluten free, as my guest needed. But delicious food and the Autumn Salad special was fantastic!
- Extremely loud and mediocrethepaulaticsDined on 8/29/2014The food is just alright. The combination of a loud, boisterous bar with TVs blaring plus screaming, out-of-control children is unbearable.
- Good food but no musicDarrellVIPDined on 8/19/2014We invited friends to dinner with the expectation of enjoying live music as advertised. Upon arriving, we were told the music was cancelled.....with no mention of it on their website. Food was good, but a little disappointed and embarrassed for the lack of music as promised. Management of the restaurants and/or the village should keep their site updated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014I love this place! It's the perfect place for a family dinner, quick lunch with friends or a longer business lunch. The outdoor seating is great and the service is always friendly. The food isn't gourmet but it's always delicious!Special Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Lafayette Village Grill reviews archive.
- Village GrillfrequentdinerDined on 7/20/2014Moderate beer selection; good food, but chicken cordon bleu was dry; restaurant was very noisy and conversation was difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average BurgersJDinRaleighDined on 7/19/2014We had a party of four on Saturday night. Three of us ordered the BBQ burger and the other ordered the avacado chicken. The burgers were very average. The chicken was a success and was well received. Total bill was $70 for the entrees and one beer. Service was average.
- Very disappointing experienceNETraveler52Dined on 6/15/2014This was our 4th trip to the Village Grill and by far, the worst. Unfortunately, things seem to be going downhill at this restaurant in both food quality and service. Service was absolutely terrible. We had to wait 10 minutes for drinks, food did not come out together, we had to ask for silverware, had to ask for sweetener twice and ended up going up to the bar to get our own, had to ask for drink refills, etc. All servers seemed young/ inexperienced- perhaps more training would eliminate some of these issues. As for the food, it was fair, at best. Fries were cold, s were "warm: sandwiches and there was a constant battle to keep the flies away. Not a great dinner for Father's Day.
- Slow and not customer orientedcarolinadinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014It took 30 minutes to get our appetizer after the order was placed. Large electric fan next to our table was very loud and didn't provide any cool air. It did prevent flies on the patio for which we were grateful. The waitress was good but the kitchen was horrible. The food was mediocre at best and it was served extremely late. We requested al fresco so we could watch the US Open and they said they had to have the soccer match on both outdoor tvs. We specifically requested golf when making our reservation. This was not a pleasant experience.
- Great for Father's Day LunchglutenfreeveggieDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed the patio dining for Father's Day. There were lots of kids and dogs playing in the courtyard. The food was good and the noise level was not too high.Special Features:
- Great food and beershughesDined on 6/14/2014I've been to Village Grill twice now and both times have had a great experience. We had a reservation for 10 people on a Saturday and the table was ready when we got there, no extra waiting. That staff was attentive and helpful, food was delicious and they have a great local beer list. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Good food. Okay servicematterDined on 6/7/2014This was my third meal in eight days here. With wife, with friends, and then with family. Food has always been above average, and these latest three visits continue the trend. But over the course of each meal, something didn't happen correctly: A mistaken order, a forgotten appetizer, and a soup appearing with the meal instead the before. Little things but annoying. All three were outside at dinner time with kids (not ours) and dogs (not ours) and lots of people (some were us) so confusion occurs. The food was still good when it arrived.Special Features:
- Nice place butzap1kDined on 6/4/2014This location was very nice but a bit noisy..... food was good once it got to us --- Service was very very slow.... Kitchen must have gone to sleep It took almost 2 hrs for lunch for 6 of us
- Mother's Day DinnerOneMorechanceDined on 5/11/2014Waited 45 minutes for our dinner with no comment from our server. Had to seek out the manager to check on our order. Then waited another 15 minutes for the food. This was not our first time here and was very disappointed in this visit. They were not that busy for this to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the best for Mothers Day brunchkathygkcDined on 5/11/2014I wasn't expecting all the TVs. They gave the place a sports-bar feel. We sat inside at a table for four and could only just hear the person sitting opposite. The black bean hummus and friends appetizer was wonderful and portended great things. As it turned out, two of our meals were very good (seafood shepherd's pie & Chilean sea bass kebabs), but the other two were disappointing. (The Village Grill omelette was more like a crepe folded over a thin slice of roast. The ham and brie quiche was more like a souffle lightly flavoured with ham and brie.) Our server was pleasant and very helpful, and earned a healthy tip. I'd go again to try their sandwiches and their more standard dishes, but never again for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Wonderful atmosphere... Great location.. Problem is that the food is just OK and the service is fair. Combine that with a higher than expected price, it was disappointing. On top of that the kids menu for brunch was very small and did not have much variety
- Not impressedRauerDined on 5/11/2014First time here and food was undesirable. We will not be back after first impression.Special Features:
- Inattentive serviceMargieDined on 5/10/2014Our table for 6 was poorly placed near the door and was bar height. Bad for knees. Service was inattentive at best. Burgers not cooked to order. Rib sandwich and fries were good and beer selection was good. Would not go back.
- Mixed FeelingsChawleyDined on 5/4/2014We were really excited to come here and try the new brunch menu. We were seated quickly and then ignored for a really long time. Ultimately, I think our server was really busy with a complicated table next to us because we didn't see her initially. That being said, we were passed by a hostess, other servers, and (we think) a female manager multiple times without asking us what we wanted to drink, or bringing us silverware. When we did get the chance to order, our food was really great. The Berry Good Waffles were very tasty and I loved the honeyed ricotta (really nice touch!) Service wasn't awesome, (and never improved), but I'm willing to come again and give Village Grill another chance, judging by the quality and options on the menu.Special Features:
- Inexperienced & ineffective waiteruLoveThePitVIPDined on 4/6/2014We've visited here several times and usually enjoy ourselves. That wasn't the case on this visit. Our waiter seemed to be new. He had to read verbatim the few specials, couldn't describe them, and didn't seem to have any "rhythm" to the way he took care of us. Sometimes he checked back too frequently, other times he ignored is for way too long. Above all, I think he forgot to submit our food order to the kitchen. It took forever, when the restaurant was half full, and no explanation was provided - only repeated apologies. Despite all that, the food was good. Though, the menu is somSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KIDS, DOGS, SMOKING AND TVSdenapVIPDined on 4/5/2014On a beautiful Saturday evening, all local neighborhood families with their kids and dogs descended upon The Lafayette Village Grill to enjoy hamburgers, salads, wings, and typical bar fare - nothing outstanding or SPECIAL to recommend - just a real friendly neighborhood get-together grill open to families and their pets and anyone who wants to smoke outside while dining - UGH!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Proposal. ....MurfDined on 3/28/2014The restaurant was ready and waiting for my big night. The food was incredible and the wine list was robust. Thank You Village Grill for helping to make the night perfect. Oh by the way she said "Yes"!Special Features:
- Extended Family brunch celebrationbusymom70Dined on 3/23/2014We took a group of 9 to brunch after a special event. The back room works well for large groups, but can be a little noisy with multiple large tables. However, this is fine if you have kids in your party and aren't expecting something more sedate or formal. Food was good and service was good. Prices are average. Not blown away, but no complaints either. Overall, we had a good experience that met all our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Second VisitSpeedracerDined on 3/22/2014This was our second visit to Village Grille in Lafayette Village. We had the Memphis Burger this visit, which was enjoyable overall; however, the BBQ sauce was a little too sweet for our tastes. We also had tres leches cake for dessert. We enjoyed it on our first visit as well. It is delicious, but the piece this time was half the size of the one we had last time and had very little whipped cream on top. Don't know if this was a slip up or if this is the way they are serving it these days.Special Features:
- This is a sports bar and notGloryDined on 3/15/2014This is a sports bar and not much more. I ordered the pork chop with roasted brussel sprouts and cheese grits. The grits were horrible, very dry. When I asked if they had some that were freshly made, I got some swimming in butter and orangish grease - which what I believe was the seasoning from the shrimp and grits with chorizo - still the grits were tasteless. The Tres Leche cake was two squares of dry cake with whipped cream plated in a tasty vanilla sauce. The grill was very crowded following a St. Pat's day event and March Madness - this place may be good for a burger and a beer, but not dinner.Special Features:
- just right for a weekend nighteatdrinkandfriendDined on 3/8/2014great place to meet up with friends, have a few drinks and a bite to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesNoFoDined on 2/23/2014We dine here frequently as it is one of our favorites. It is close to our home and in goof weather, fun to eat outside. They have great barbecue and hamburgers. My grandson thinks they have the best French fries. The service is always good and on weekends it can be crowded and noisy with lots of TVs and cheering spectators/diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar design...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Good for watching a game by yourself or with friends. Plenty of space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night with familyRawleygirlDined on 2/7/2014We dined at Lafayette Village Grill Friday night and had a great time and a great meal. The food was delicious - 4 of us had burgers. Everything was great including the service.Special Features:
- Never again....AshPDined on 2/7/2014Too crowded, too loud, terrible service. If you can sit in the main dining area, it would be fine, but if they offer you the back room - don't do it! We were packed in so tight that a waitress hit me in the back of the head several times while serving the table next to us. My water glass was empty when my entree arrived and wasn't filled until after I had finished eating. The noise level was completely intolerable and we were unable to have a conversation. Might be OK if you don't get stuck in the back room, but we will not be back to this restaurant.
- A great little placeRoxtoneDined on 2/4/2014Service was outstanding because the waiter knew the menu, made helpful suggestions, and had an upbeat personality. The food was better than expected. We had the shrimp and grits and fried chicken sandwich, highly recommend both. Flavorful and creative and the quality of products was evident with each bite. It may have been our first visit, but definitely not the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prefer patio to indoor seating.....DiKennDined on 2/3/2014Made reservations although on a Monday night none were needed, We normally go here in the warmer months and enjoy the outdoor seating. Good selections on the menu. It is more a burger/sandwich restaurant to me. We opted for the special which was Mai Mai and it was quite good but pricey for this restaurant you just do not expect to pay $17 for an entree. We definitely will go back but much prefer outside seating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not A Great ExperienceDaveFamDined on 2/2/2014I took my wife here to eat for her birthday on a Sunday afternoon. We were impressed with the decor and feel of The Village Grill right away. There are several large screen televisions that are situated around the large bar area that can be seen from nearly anywhere in the restaurant. However, our waitress - though nice - was not attentive AT ALL (we had to wave her down for refills from across the restaurant - she never came around to check on us once we got our food) and the food was subpar (for example: I requested my steak medium rare but it was well done and tasted slightly overcooked). I would like to think that this was just an off-night.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2013The Village Grill is right in my neighborhood. Have been there multiple times for lunch and dinner. Service is good and the food has been great every time. Have taken several friends and now it is their suggestion when we are picking out a place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesNoFoDined on 11/23/2013We live close to Lafayette Grill and love to eat there for lunch or dinner. It is our grandson's favorite, too. He thinks they have the best French fries and their cheeseburgers are an 11 on a scale of 1-10. It is a bit noisy with all the TVs on different channels, but I suppose that is what most folks like. We are not a big fan of the noise because it keeps conversation difficult.Special Features:
- I actually sent a dish backBabsVIPDined on 11/14/2013I actually sent a dish back because it didn't taste good. I was not charged for it. The rest of food was mediocre. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food has gone downhillkarenVIPDined on 11/13/2013This restaurant has a great atmosphere- comfortable seating, and good service. When they first opened- they had a much better menu and better qualilty food. However, the food has really gone down hill. We are very disappointed- as we used to love this place.
- Setting and ambience was great.PDRgreatbutloudDined on 11/9/2013Setting and ambience was great. The service was very good and we enjoyed our selves. There are two main dining areas - an open bar and individual table area, as well as a PDR (Private Dining Room) which is open if there is no reserved/large party. The PDR has a gas fire place which adds a nice touch, however, beware that there appear to be some loud small groups on the room - they should have stayed in bar area......Otherwise, fun, reasonably prices, nice neighborhood area to attend.Special Features: