1 Market Place
San Diego, CA 92101Neighborhood:
Downtown / Gaslamp
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.manchestergrand.hyatt.com/
- Phone: (619) 358-6735
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday through Friday, 6:30am to 11:00am Saturday and Sunday, 6:30am to 12:00 Noon
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Daly Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Ideal space for large parties, business outings and special occasions. Semi-private dining areas also available. Must book all parties of 10 or more through a manager.
- Private Party Contact: Morgan Hodgkins 6193586731x
A word from Lael's Restaurant
Bright, cheerful colors, comfortable seating and views of the garden and marina set the tone for a delightful dining experience. Join the family for a relaxing meal on our outdoor patio while planning another exciting day of activities in America's Finest City. The spacious setting of our indoor tables allows you to easily convene with colleagues or entertain a client while enjoying Lael's Grand Breakfast Buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lael's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (6)good for groups (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great for breakfast!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/23/2014We had breakfast there 3 times this trip: Lots of choices; good food; friendly, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hotel buffet breakfastsep004VIPDined on 11/9/2014We enjoyed Lael's while staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt for a conference. Although Sunday brunch wasn't inexpensive, we felt that the food justified the price. The brunch is a buffet, but the food was turned over often and seemed very fresh. No complaints about food or service. The selection was limited to basic breakfast fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet Hotel BreakfastN45STVIPDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is in the Grand Hyatt in San Diego - I have been here many times for conventions. Best part is that there are a few tables with umbrellas outside. Not a big fans of buffets of any kind but this is not bad and lots of selections.Great for business meetings - large tables, spaced far apart.Special Features:
- Weekday Buffet BreakfastZephyrDined on 10/7/2014Two buffets offered; continental and full. Continental offers oatmeal in addition to wonderful array of fruits, breads, muffins and pastries. Surprised to see smoked salmon, capers and other accouterments. Nice surprise! Juice is also included as are yogurt, granola and variety of cereals. Enjoyed a glass of ice cold, watermelon juice!!! Full buffet offers eggs, breakfast meats, omelet bar, waffles and pancakes in addition to above.
- The following 135 reviews are from the Lael's Restaurant reviews archive.
- The best brunch in San DiegoCranberriesVIPDined on 7/27/2014This is the best brunch in San Diego, with any eye-popping array of every possible breakfast item and a sensational omelet station. Everything is gorgeously arrayed and perfectly prepared, the fruits ripe and juicy, the waffles crisp and flavorful, the oatmeal just the right consistency. The staff is attentive and friendly. Always a pleasure!Special Features:
- OK business breakfastNightOwlDined on 6/24/2014It's hard to mess up most breakfast foods and Lael's did a passable job on food quality for a recent business breakfast. Breakfast buffet was the only option, and service was the problem. At prime time (8:30 am on a weekday) self-serve cooked items were not replenished on the buffet with no staff in sight to ask for help. Table service was well-intentioned but poor - we were not told where half the buffet was located, coffee refills/ cream/sugar were not offered, tea was a challenge. Omelets-to-order counter had tasty fresh ingredients but service was slow and disorganized, with customers approaching from both directions and no clear indication of the order in which individuals would be served. Convenient location in the Hyatt but pricey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only chance of perfect b-fastxamrepusDined on 5/15/2014Rich selection of breakfast foodies, hot and cold. The restaurant offers 2 breakfast options - continental (i.e. waffles only) and full. Eat as much as you want, it's the main pleasure. I wish I have it on a late lunch but they close early and direct me to Sally's. The first time they don't add the service charge in the cheque. But the second time and further they add 15%. Not a problem, just a remark. There's nothing better in the vicinity so I say it's excellent. I'll definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mothers day brunchfeedmeDined on 5/11/2014My wife said it's the best mother's day brunch she's had. Lots of seafood and amazing deserts. Not enough meat choices for my taste but then it's not my day :-)Special Features:
- Food was wonderful.RobertDined on 5/11/2014Lots to choose and I would have given 5 stars but right at the end of our meal or server lost some of the money we had given him for a tip, kinda made us feel bad, so we felt compelled to give him more money. Just made us feel awkward. (Don't use cash)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Paula and Geraldine were very helpful, the only negative that I have is that my son found glass in the Chocolate Pudding desert, he went as far as the mouth and lukier he was able to spit it out. The people were very attentive and helpful when it happen. Thank you...Tony EsquerSpecial Features:
- Leals Easter BrunchLealsDined on 4/20/2014Love the food. Deserts are excellent, mouth watering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel food is alive and welllocallr2003VIPDined on 2/23/2014i was surprised that Lael's food was so average. The breakfast buffet cost $25 and was just "average". Breakfast is not that difficult to do well and I was surprised and disappointed in Hyatt. Our dishes were taken away pretty quickly when we sat a plate aside but the fork and knife were taken as well. We were told they would bring more silverware which didn't happen.
- Good weekday Breakfast BuffetPeggyMacSDDined on 1/31/2014We were looking for a breakfast buffet on a Friday. This certainly met our expectations! Food was plentiful and tasty, especially the delicious waffles, omelets, and bacon. The fuit was fresh and beautifully arranged. Bloody Marys were very expensive...no alcohol included in buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCynthiaDined on 12/25/2013Truly one of, if not the best, buffet dinners I have ever been to. We celebrated Christmas dinner here and the food was really great. Did not disappoint. Fantastic service! The prime rib was cooked to perfection, and the desserts were wonderful, or so I was told. We plan on making it a regular through the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xmas LunchPembVIPDined on 12/25/2013Buffet lunch was great. Carving stations, lobster gnocci, short ribs, salmon, sushi and lots of desserts to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champage Christmas Brunch @ Lael'sPBclanDined on 12/25/2013We are a San Diego locals who chose to celebrate Christmas dinner by letting others prepare the meal :) - a first for our family of 6. Our food and service were exceptional. Would definitely recommend. This is a lavish buffet - something for everyone! We enjoyed mimosas and champagne, plus appetizers of crab legs and jumbo shrimp, gourmet cheeses (brie, smoked gouda) and fresh Sushi - try the California roll made with real crab meat! The Prime Rib was a hit, as were the braised short ribs in burgundy wine sauce. Other dishes we enjoyed: sweet potato casserole, gnocchi in cream sauce and the potatoes au gratin. The other diners were in good spirits - maybe one table with a fussy child. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the second ChristmasfestivefoodieDined on 12/25/2013This was the second Christmas I dined at Lael's buffet. Once again, the food was fresh, the choices amazing and the service delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I booked this reservationcon01norDined on 9/30/2013I booked this reservation for my boss Craig Kliethermes while he was at Napslo. He said the food was good.Special Features:
- Great Breakfast FoodOmahaDined on 7/27/2013If you like breakfast, this is a great place. There is a wide variety of breakfast foods including made-to-order omelets, many kinds of pastries, fresh fruit, waffles, salmon, cereal, ect. The service is awesome and the staff keeps your coffee cup and orange juice glass full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional overall!Diner22VIPDined on 7/20/2013If you're in San Diego for breakfast, this is definitely the place to go to! Lael's provided such an amazing experience. The food and the service were nothing short of exceptional. The waiters were so attentive and made sure you have everything you needed. The omelets are made-to-order, and they are perfectly made (it was perfect again the second time around). They also have the best waffles, pastries (the mixed berry danish, in particular), and they are one of the few breakfast buffet places that offer mini breakfast burritos. They also provided another tasty treat when I was there: freshly-squeezed honeydew melon juice. I can't say enough great things about this place! I'll definitely be back at Lael's whenever I'm in San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchSanDiegoTouristDined on 6/30/2013We enjoyed Lael's brunch for the wide selection of brunch items and quiet atmosphere. The service was excellent and everything tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Tripskysky13Dined on 5/19/2013Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hyatt and decided to come to lael's for breakfast. I am so glad I picked this restaurant we had a great time it was fun, romantic, and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Dayc00lbobDined on 5/12/2013Every thing was wonderful ,The staff was o the spot ,We did not have to wait for anything ,The food out of this world ,It made Mothers day a great dinning experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCHAVOFDined on 5/12/2013KIND OF PRICY BUT EXCELLENT FOOD. WELL WORTH IT. FOR THE PRICE YOU GUYS CHARGE, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS INCLUDE A FRESH WAFFLE STATION, ON MOTHERS DAY THERE WAS NONE AND ON EASTER, THEY HAD TO BORROW WAFFLE IRONS FROM THE OTHER RESTAURANT. i THINK ITS TIME TO ORDER SOME NEW WAFFLE IRONS.. AND WHILE THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT, THE DESERTS NEED IMPROVEMENT. THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL BUT TASTE AVERAGE. i AM A REGULAR AND i REMEMBER 8 YEARS AGO THE DESERTS WERE OUT OF THIS WORLD AND THAT'S WHY i KEPT COMING BACK FOR BRUNCH. BUT NOW THE QUALITY IS CHANGED.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR experience Easter Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013We always enjoy the special brunch for Easter and Mothers Day.. the service was not as good as before, but overall it was nice and will come back again. I was disappointed in the farm raised salmon,I would think that hotel as the Manchester would have wild Alaskan salmon..instead of farm raised. But it was very good ! Planked great flavor.Special Features:
- had a business breakfast meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2013had a business breakfast meeting and it was a great environment for dining and discussion.Special Features:
- Not bad for a hotel buffetSuzanne007VIPDined on 1/6/2013Not bad for a hotel buffet and the service was good, but it is expensive.Special Features:
- Outstanding Christmas DayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/25/2012Outstanding Christmas Day buffet. Table was ready at reservation time, food was excellent, service was courteous and accomodating. Hot food was hot, serving stations were attended to and kept full at all times. These are the reasons we keep coming here!Special Features:
- The Christmas brunch was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012The Christmas brunch was excellent, delicious; my wife and I realy enjoy it, we have a good time.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Outstanding service and food. We could wish for no more.Special Features:
- Christmas Day Buffet had anTeddDined on 12/25/2012Christmas Day Buffet had an enormous variety of excellently prepared foods. Attentive service as well.Special Features:
- Just a breakfast buffett butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Just a breakfast buffett but very good. Just too expensiveSpecial Features:
- thankgiving dinnersandiegoaDined on 11/22/2012Had Thankgiving dinner here this year, the staff was trying very hard to take care of the customers but it was very clear that some of the staff did not know what they were doing. Had to ask for serverl items to eat with , small fork for crab, lobstor, small bowls for sausces, staff never came back after first drink order to see if we wanted more. The seating seemed to be stuffed in place and the foods areas were all over the rooms with very few signs as to what was there. But over all the food was very tastefull and had lots of it.Special Features:
- Went for Thanksgiving brunchOBjoeDined on 11/22/2012Went for Thanksgiving brunch for the third year in a row and it will be the last time. The food quality has decreased too much for what they are charging.
- Had a reservation for 1pm,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012Had a reservation for 1pm, was not seated until 125pm with many open tables. Very disappointed the wait as it seemed they were under staffed. Service was on the slow side, food was fine. 4th year going for thanksgiving brunch and by far the worst experience-will not return for year 5Special Features:
- It's your standard hotel brunchglrexVIPDined on 5/28/2012It's your standard hotel brunch buffet. The food was good and fresh. The service was ditzy - nice but generally unavailable (more water, please?).Special Features:
- Open Table AmbushOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012I made the reservation on Open Table and they quoted the price of Mothers Day brunch at $34 per person. When I received the bill, the price was $74 per person. I did not want to embarrass my wife, so I avoided contacting the manager. If you are using Open Table, make sure you follow up at the restaurant as this service was completely unsatisfactory. If possible, in the future, I will avoid using Open Table, I believe this was blatant false advertisement and I will bring it up to the BBB.Special Features:
- Great brunch, attentive serversTdrumDined on 5/13/2012Great brunch, attentive servers and loved the variety of foods there.Special Features:
- Great place for breakfast or brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Our favorite brunch in San Diego - the waffles are especially exceptional. They employ a sufficient number of wait staff and the service staff are attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- This is out 3rd year attendingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012This is out 3rd year attending their Easter buffet. We enjoy the food, as well as the view. The restaurant is kid friendly. We were charged a gratuity of 18% for our group of six. We thought that was a bit steep!Special Features: